PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Battlegrounds

MikeAndTheBots
06-15-2002, 06:30 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Age Of Empires 2 and I know SW:GB is just the AOE2 engine with Star Wars stuff instead, so I was wondering if you think its worth the buy, same with the Clone Campaign expansion. Thanks ahead of time.

Boba Rhett
06-15-2002, 06:42 PM
If you're a big fan of the AoE series and a big fan of Star Wars, run, don't walk, run and buy Galactic Battlegrounds and it's expansion. :)

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 08:04 PM
Yes, he's right!!!! And you absolutely must buy them both at the same time! Without the expansion you're missing out on so much--the Republic and the Confederacy, from the expansion, are practically the two best civs!!!! :D

MikeAndTheBots
06-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Yes, he's right!!!! And you absolutely must buy them both at the same time! Without the expansion you're missing out on so much--the Republic and the Confederacy, from the expansion, are practically the two best civs!!!! :D
Just to make sure, the only new civs in the expansion are the republic and the seperatists right?

Fulit
06-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Yes, they are, and they have all the cool vehicles from the movie!

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah! What he said!

warren
07-09-2002, 05:15 AM
Yeah .... the SW : GB and SW : CW is the best I had played so far ....:D it's cool man !!!:cool:

I enjoyed it very much ....

Say .... anybody knows where I can get online to play this games ???????:confused:

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 10:19 AM
I believe you need the ZONE. A fairly bad program IMHO. Can't you run online play through the game?

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I believe you need the ZONE. A fairly bad program IMHO. Can't you run online play through the game?

Blech, the ZONE is MS crap. It's laggy and the last time I used it (about 5 years ago when it first started) it only supported 4 players on any game. God I miss Outlaws...:)

MikeAndTheBots
07-09-2002, 05:37 PM
You can use Gamespy Arcade. I use that for my online stiff and used to see the ads for it all the time, that's actually what got me interested in the game. Isn't quite as alggy as the zone in my opinion either.

warren
07-09-2002, 11:02 PM
thanks guys .... ZONE is definitely bad news ....
tried it out 2 or 3 years back ... got a bad impression on multiplayer online then !!!! :frus:

My disc seems to have some problem .... can't play online with it ....:cry:

Probably I should find the time and return to the shop I bought it from 2 weeks ago and ask for a replacement or refund !! :rolleyes:

Boba Rhett
07-10-2002, 02:31 AM
Have you gotten the patch for GB yet? That may be the problem.

warren
07-10-2002, 03:23 AM
I downloaded the patch .... but it don't seem to work ....:(

It even screwed up my sound system . :mad:
... now I don't even have background music ..... just a buzzing irritating sound ..... :cry:

I think I'll go back to the shop and try an exchange ..... :greedy:

Anyway ... do you know if there is something like battle net for Star Wars Galactic Battleground ...
:confused:
I tried warcraft on Battle Net and it is very entertaining ...... :crazed: :crazed:

Lobito
11-25-2003, 06:03 PM
I bought this game almost 6 months ago and i just installed it to my pc. This game is incredibly addictive, it can be very tiring too, but its worth it...i finished the tutorla missions and now i am playing the first campaign...(Trade federation) u get to play 0MM-9, Darth Maul, all the armies of the trade federation..etc..and thats just one campaign...i still have to play as the rebel alliance, the empire, the confederacy of independent sistems, etc...this game is really KOOLAID!! :D

dustrho
01-07-2004, 10:40 AM
I bought this when it first came out and am still addicted to it today. I haven't found a game more addicting then this one, because I could easily waste 3-5 hours on a daily basis. But, the wife doesn't let me do that much anymore because I spend more time playing that then spending time with her. So what did I do to resolve that issue? I installed it on my new laptop and can spend time with both together. :D