PDA

View Full Version : Someone get Palpatine some Calamine lotion quick!

QLD
06-15-2002, 07:40 PM
I just got Palpatine today. He looks like he has the chicken pox! Wow, I know they were trying to do age spots, but the paint for them is too dark and looks CRAZY!

otherwise the figure looks great! But that really sticks out like a bullet to the head.

Beast
06-15-2002, 07:45 PM
Yeah, but it's sadly accurate when they were designing the figure. A while back, Palpy was featured on the front of the Star Wars Insider. It must have been early make-up tests, because he had big ole age spots on his face. But judging by the movie, they altered the make-up signifigantly after those publicity pictures were taken. You just have to be picky on the Palpy figures, I have heard that people have found him both with good looking small spots as well as with awful large age spots. :)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
06-15-2002, 10:23 PM
The make-up wasn't that bad at the beginning, not where Hasbro could acceptably splotch the figure as they have.

QLD
06-16-2002, 01:00 AM
Well, I ordered mine from KB toys online. I got it today, I mean, GREAT figure, but christ, I want to put some base on him or something to cover those up!

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 01:43 AM
The figure screams....REPAINT ME!!!!!