PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers day!!!

Dar' Argol
06-16-2002, 02:20 AM
Happy Fathers day to all of our fathers here at SSG! Old and new ones alike!!

So what are the plans?? Well, I unfortunatly have to mow the lawn tomorrow:(. But after that?? Who knows.:D

Have a good day all!

Obi-Don
06-16-2002, 07:05 AM
Yes,Happy Father's Day. Me I'm going to clean up the apt. and cook out. Why am I going to clean up the apt.? My wife has enformed me that we have another baby on the way and I don't want her doing to much............ANOTHER BABY!

Jargo
06-16-2002, 10:01 AM
I'd like to be able to say happy father's day to my Dad but for one thing I don't know where he is these days and I haven'y seen him in many a year. I hope that those who do have fathers around pay some attention to him and give him a good day. Those of us less fortunate who have fathers MIA or who have passed away will be very jealous today. You guys who can call on dad should count yourselves very lucky indeed. Look after your Dad. It's crap when he's gone. ;)
And to all the Dad's here at SSG I say have a cracking day. :)

sith_killer_99
06-16-2002, 10:15 AM
My first Father's day as a Dad! :D

I am looking forward to calling my Father to wish him a happy Father's Day. I am also sending him a Father's Day Card via e-mail. My Dad actually got a webTV...pretty amazing for a guy in his early 60's!!!;)

2-1B
06-16-2002, 01:55 PM
A happy day to all, and congrats to Obi-Don ! ! ! :happy:

TeeEye7
06-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Happy Father's Day to all you new dads and old (like me)! :D

I received a swell, high-dollar cover-up shirt to help me with my daily fight with melanoma skin cancer, and two new carnivorous plants for my collection (attention mabs: one is a type of pitcher, the other is, well, not sure....stand by for pictures soon for some help identifying what the heck it might be! They're cool!)

I hope your day is a good one! Must run and fling some steaks on the BBQ for dinner now!

TI7

Mad Slanted Powers
06-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Indeed, Happy Father's Day to all here who qualify. I don't normally do anything for my dad on Father's Day. As a kid, he would already be gone to Alaska for the summer where he was a commercial fisherman. He isn't one to make a big deal over things like Father's Day or birthdays anyway. This year was a bit different as we just learned about three weeks ago that he has lung cancer. My sister decided to have a brunch at my parents house, and then we would have a work party to help my parents out. They have a lot of property with lots of mowing and stuff to do. My siblings had been out there the past couple weeks doing some work. Today I did some mowing and raking.

Today was the first time I've seen him since I found out about his condition. He seemed in good spirits, but he isn't moving around as well. I think he also just feels tired. He'll be 79 in August. He's worked hard all his life. Even in retirement, it's been a lot of work maintaining their place. He deserves a break. I'm not certain what his prognosis is. They haven't started any treatment yet, and I don't know how effective it will be. So, I don't know if he only has a few months, or if he still has a few more years left in him.

So, today was a good day with the family pitching in to help out, and spending some time together. We should all enjoy those moments when we can. I consider myself lucky in that I'm 38 and have had my parents there for me all these years.

TeeEye7
06-16-2008, 12:42 AM
I consider myself lucky in that I'm 38 and have had my parents there for me all these years.

Yes, you are, MSP. I lost both of my parents when I was 35. My folks were absolutely wonderful! My brothers and I always came first with them.

That's very cool what your family did for your dad. Families should be teams and pull together when needed. My wife and I took her mother in 14 years ago, and her sister (going through a divorce) with two kids, just moved out after 10 month stay with us. *Whew!* we almost needed traffic control in the house! :yes:

Dar' Argol
06-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I hope all our SSG fathers had a great day yesterday. We kept it simple here, a cookout . . time with the family. Nothing too extreme.

mtriv73
06-16-2008, 08:41 AM
My first father's day as a father was a great one. I went to a fly fishing school with my father and brother friday and saturday in Hot Springs, VA. Yesterday, I came back and my Dad came up and we spent the day playing with my little one (10 months yesterday.) On top of that my wife made a delicious meal last night for all of us. I got a few nice gifts, (shorts, desparately needed dress shoes and a couple books,) but the best gift of all was a spontaneous hug from my little guy.

Happy belated fathers day to all the dads out there, I hope your day was as great as mine.

CaptainSolo1138
06-16-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm glad the Dads had a good day, and congrats to those celebrating their first. That was by far the coolest one for me.

My day was fairly low-key. The kids got me a book and made me cards which was pretty much awesome. I intentionally saved the yard work for my Sunday afternoon relaxation and then I did brats on the grill. And the Tigers won. Good times.

Blue2th
06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
My Daddy is gone, but yesterday I was thinking of the good times I had with my Pop. So Father's Day is a mixture of Happy-sad for me. Mostly happy.

sith_killer_99
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Yesterday my daughter gave me my first "Father's Day" card. That is, it was the first card I received from her personally. It was hand made by her at school before they closed for the summer. It's made out of construction paper. One side has Summer, Spring, Fall, and Winter pictures she colored and painted, the other side says "A Dad for all seasons".

I will keep it until I die.:yes:

bobafrett
06-24-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm a dad, and one bad mother!

Happy belated Fathers Day all!

TeeEye7
06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there in SSGLand!

A special shout-out to Dar and SK99 on their newest additions!

I just finished putting the tri-tip in the marinade for the BBQ tonight. I'd much rather stay at home with the family on Dad's Day.....tradition, y'know! I received an extremely nice handwritten note from my son today to mark the occasion! :thumbsup:

Have a swell day, all! :love:

bobafrett
06-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Likewise to you sir! My son is still sleeping. Must be nice to be 18 and have no cares for now.

We are doing a BBQ tonight when my wife gets home from work, though are fare is just hotdogs and brats.

I hope I get a card from my son. I mean the kid raked in a pretty nice cash haul for his graduation.

DarthQuack
06-21-2009, 02:06 PM
See other thread for my Happys!

Mad Slanted Powers
06-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Spooky coincidence. I had a dream about my dad this morning. I guess he was visiting me from beyond the grave on Father's Day.

TeeEye7
06-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Spooky coincidence. I had a dream about my dad this morning. I guess he was visiting me from beyond the grave on Father's Day.

It must be going around today. My wife had a dream about my folks last night. They've been gone almost 20 years.

Nice to know we're being thought of, right MSP? :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
06-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the dads at SSG.:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2009, 10:56 AM
A B&N cashier the other day asked me what I thought Luke Skywalker got his dad for Fathers' Day. I was at a loss for words (one: didn't want to sound too geeky for the others in line behind me, two: couldn't think of anything un-lame to say, and three: didn't expect small talk in a bookstore and was taken aback).

Irregardless :eek: of all that, happy post-FD to all who fit the category! :pleased:

DarthQuack
06-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I went to pick up some Chinese food from our local China Wok down where my Dad lives, and the lady inside was like "Oh for you and Dad on Father's Day? I was like yup! She said to wish him a Happy Father's Day which I did pass along, but I thought that was very sweet of her to say.

TeeEye7
06-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there (again).

bobafrett
06-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Happy Fathers day to you also sir! And to all the other fathers out there, hopefully your kids won't give you the gift I gave my father when I was in my early teens. I smashed a matchbox car with a hammer, wrapped it up, and gave it to him. I thought it was halarious, however the expression on his face said it wasn't funny at all.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow; a dad's day AND a father's day... if only there was some way to MERGE the two holidays...