PDA

View Full Version : How do conventions get exclusive Figures from HASBRO?

BillyJAck
06-16-2002, 02:25 AM
I was just wondering if any of you knew how all these conventions and C2 and the rest get exclusive figures Or in Exclusive packaging? I'd like to find out. It would be cool if you could take a modern figure like POTJ IG88 or Tessek and have them exclusively on a vintage styled POTF card(but made to fit their new bubble) and how much all that. anyone know?

billyjack

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 02:28 AM
They show the amount of scalpers on ebay and how many auctions they have per scalper.

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 02:35 AM
It does not strike me that Hasbro would release any figure on vintage cards either for collector's or for kids...

Once this is done, the word "Vintage" does not apply.

Customs...which this would be are purlu for the fans by the fans...

BillyJAck
06-16-2002, 02:37 AM
i just meant "styled" like the vintage POTF cars. instead of that ugly saga crap we have now...

BillyJAcK

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 02:52 AM
I rather like the blue cards...I don't care for any packaging really...I just think that Hasbro should get a design and stick to it...they need to cut costs in the packaging not the figure quality.

A Vintage style card is the domain of the fan though...I have a Luke figure that was customised by an e-bay member and professionaly packaged on a Vintage style card...I like the peice. It is one of my prizes...but nothing I have seen since catches my eye.

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 09:50 PM
The only convention I know of that got an official, licensed exclusive figure from Hasbro was the SW Celebration II which was run by Wizards of the Coast... who is owned by Hasbro. The Toy Fair exclusive Vader was given away to Toy Fair participants by Hasbro directly. Sounds like a pattern to me, all you have to do to have an exclusive figure is... be Hasbro! :D Other than these, I don't know of any convention exclusive figures.

As for packaging, I remember some German C-3PO card or something to that effect, but I have NO idea how they got it.