PDA

View Full Version : Somebody tell me what this IMPERIAL SHUTTLE exclusive thing is all about

BillyJAck
06-16-2002, 01:35 AM
I see some people talking about fao exclusive Imperial Shuttle/Rebel Shuttle form ROTJ in numbers of 5,000 for $125.00. What is the story of this thing? the whole story? Also Have you even seen a picture of this thing cause I can't find one for it anywhere. I don't see how people would spend money on that before even seeing a picture of it. Is it going to just be a redone 1983 version? Same molds and all like they did with the Falcon. If so I don't want one. But if its a new realistic shuttle I'll drop $125 lighting fast. Anyone got a link a pic any info anything at all. LMK please asap i'm very curious

BillyJAcK

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 01:40 AM
Here's the poodoo.

The Shuttle was coming up in a bunch of rumors until it was confirmed by FAO holding a pre-order. They said they would get a limited supply of 5000 at $125. The mold is of course reused but it was said it had no electronics nor a pack-in.

It was then stated by Hasbro that FAO jumped the gun on it and only holds the pre-orders because FAO wanted to see if they really could sell it for $125. Hasbro said they are still in discussion about it and it isn't decided on the pack-in figure yet but you can pretty much bet that there are no electronics. Basically all we'd be getting is a re-hashed vintage shuttle - which retailed for $40 - just gutted out with a new paint job for $125. No word on pack-ins, but if we were to get a pack-in, it's doubtful we'd get any type of new molded figure and just get a kit-bashed figure.

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 01:41 AM
Oh please...don't open this can of worms again...

I dare say that no one knows at this point...it is all speculation on what Hasbro will do. Hasbro has released nothing viable and neither has FAO...

My advice is if you want one place it on order...if it is a farce...no big deal.

BillyJAck
06-16-2002, 01:44 AM
thanks LT I just didn't know what it was all about...repaited for that price...hmmm. better have 6 royal guards resculpts, all 5 imperial dignitaries also before i pay that much for some reused mold painted badly...

billy

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 01:48 AM
It stands to reason that if the product is made...it will be better than the vintage considering the cost...believe it or not Hasbro, nor FAO are out to screw us

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 01:52 AM
Look at the TIE Interceptor, granted it had considerable changes done to it, it was basically the same toy and with rubbery wings that I heard would bend. I doubt they'd go back to the older plastic when it came to the Shuttle, so it will probably be different than the vintage version - it'll bounce if shot down. ;)

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 01:57 AM
Well if I remember correctly, I had a Vintage Tie fighter and a Vintage Darth Vaders Ship....

You know what happened to them? They broke because the plastic was too rigid and when I activated the battle feature (wings fall off) they fell on the floor and broke...I cried that day...my father fixed the ships for a short time...but they broke again.

I have the vintage shuttle and I know it was constructed well. It is heavy too. I do not think that, since there are moving parts, that Hasbro would make it out of rubber...they may you never know...but I doubt it.

As stated before, I think that for 125 dollars...this beter be the definitive shuttle, packins, electronics, gimicks (God, Please no more friggin' gimmicks) aside.