PDA

View Full Version : Figure Finding Services?

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 02:27 AM
Hey all you noble collectors out there...how about this for an idea?

Every one in this forum has complained about not finding this or that...then another chimes in and says I have seen twenty...

I would be willing to search and hunt for not only what I need but for what you need. Can we create a code of honor between us that states we'll help the collector in need? I would be more than willing to buy the figures should I come across them in the store and sell them to those in need for cost+tax+shipping...any one caught scalping would be ignored.

Cash transactions made simple...save receipts because if your buyer flakes out then simply return it...nothing lost

I would love to help out those guys in the UK...they are so depraived of the figures....

I could even start a web site where if you find something to offer at cost, you can lock in the trade or sale on line...like an e-bay but no money to be made...

C'mon guys show some compassion for the collector...stick it to the scalpers....

JediDan
06-16-2002, 06:17 AM
That is a great idea, something that I've thought about doing lately. One thing is I would always be the guy buying since I can never find anything new. And you just really never know or can trust anyone. I'd hate to send a money order out for $20 for some figs and then the guy turns around and keeps the money and then runs. But then again if I get real desperate i might try the gamble. It's a great idea that I will give some good thought into. Nice to know that there is at least one decent person out there. :)

patchiswelsh
06-16-2002, 11:59 AM
sorry to burst your bubble but us here in the UK aren't deprived so don't feel sorry for us

infact we got the palpatine wave before you guys

but nice idea in the long run!!!

Lord Tenebrous
06-16-2002, 12:31 PM
If you all would keep it clean and honest in the Classifieds section, we wouldn't be needing this. Don't be an opportunist!

As for figure-finding, Yakface has a pretty good Store Reports section, that I found very helpful during POTJ.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/yaknews/stores/