PDA

View Full Version : Aotc Playbility - Nice to see the kiddies enjoying the toys.

jad
06-16-2002, 01:28 PM
AOTC sure seems to have a lot of great play value both in the story and the exciting scenes within it. Don't get me wrong i'm one of the folks who actually liked TPM quite a lot. But TPM didn't have nearly as much play value as AOTC does, and all the fans are enjoying the toys as well as the younger child fans.

In fact i've never seen so many kids always looking at the figures and buying them. During episode I it was very rare 4 weeks after the film opened that you would even see a kid looking at star wars toys in the isle. (atleast from my experiences, I can't speak for everyone)Especially during the POTJ series I would be checking out the figs and all the kids would be looking at all the other stuff, after all the POTJ area on the isle was much smaller than say pokemon and crappy power rangers toys.

Anyway it's very nice to see such a huge isle of AOTC toys at Walmart even after so many weeks. Everytime I go and look at figures there's kids begging their parents for figures, kids looking at them all, kids even buying them at the registers with all the change they could scrounge up. Especially in my area collectors are not a huge force that take all the figures off the shelves, but the figures are really moving and it's because the movies have once again sparked the imagination and interest of children.

Well I suppose those 3 paragraphs were kind of a jumbled ramble on, but I just have been thinking about how nice it is that even 25 years later Star Wars figures are still not outdated and kids love em.

"Truly amazing the mind of a child is...." - Master Yoda

:)

DeadEye
06-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Well, I'm under 18 so technically I'm still a child...and yes, I do enjoy the AOTC toys! :D

aceguide
06-17-2002, 08:56 AM
I couldn't agree more.

Kids are loving AOTC toys. Every store I've been in they are begging for them. Especially OPD Anakin and Jango.

What's even better is that they are just now starting to buy. I think kids will be our hope in thinning out the overstock from 4/23.

The 5 yr old in my house adores OPD Anakin. Just got a Dooku and the first thing he did was put the cape on a Clone trooper. All the accessories and the action poses seem to be very exciting for them.

Arrogant Arse
06-17-2002, 09:45 AM
I was at a Wal-Mart near me, and a mother and her 7(?)-ish son were there. The shelves were really bare. The mom was looking through the figures and asking her son if he had the guys she found. The boy was waaaaay too short to reach even the lowest row of action figures. The boy wanted a Jango Fett, and already had Kit Fisto (and his mighty grin), and Nikto, and...(he kept rambling here), and was sad that his mom couldn't find one. As they left, I heard the mom said they'd go to Toys "R" Us to find Jango.

It was good to see a kid actually interested in the AOTC stuff. Like me in 1978.

DeadEye
06-17-2002, 10:05 AM
Or like me always! :D

brentfett
06-17-2002, 12:00 PM
It is nice seeing the kids enjoying Star Wars again. Reminds me of when I was a kid, before I became a "serious" collector!;)

pthfnder89
06-17-2002, 12:49 PM
I was up in Chicago this weekend and I finally found a Bespin Luke at Target. When I was checking out, a little boy behind me was holding another Bespin Luke trying to convince his mother to buy it.

"You can't find this one anywhere mommy..." he said.

I smiled thinking about how some people try to tell me that collectors are the only people who care about Star Wars figures.:)

mrmiller
06-17-2002, 03:03 PM
When I was at Wal-Mart this weekend a kid and his mother were looking at the figures. She told him he could get 2 figures, and he immediatly picked up 2 Jedi (Kit and Nikto I think). I saw a few Lukes and Vaders, so I was going through all of them looking for the Obi-Pilot, Han, or Chewbacca. There was not many Lukes or Vaders, and when I would find one I would put it on the front of the peg. Then I heard from behind, "Cool Darth Vader! I didn't know they made this one!" Needless to say, the kid ended up getting the Luke and Vader figures. He couldn't have been more than 7 years old. I thought it was funny how ATOC must have sparked his interest in Star Wars, but he was more excited to get 2 classic figures.

=MATT=

LTBasker
06-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Poor kid, he's gonna be dissapointed when he opens that Vader... :D

Ya know the stupid thing is that Hasbro is trying to market the figures to kids more lately but they don't have any off-line non-collector site advertising for the figures. Sure they have a commercial every now and then, and the paper ads for stores usually show new figures but I remember during the POTF2 line I didn't have the net so I didn't know what was coming out but the commercials were a HUGE help. I even spotted Nien Numb in one commercial before the figure came out. :D