PDA

View Full Version : your predictions on the best/worst of next month.

hango fett
06-16-2002, 01:35 PM
what do you think will be the best/worst of next month? i think the best will be either ki-adi or TA anikan. the worst will probably be that podracer guy. your thoughts?

300th post! alright!

DeadEye
06-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Congrats on so many posts! I forsee the new Anakin as easily being the best of the bunch. Darth Maul will probably sell like hotcakes and afterwards people will discover that he's not that great a figure. So I think Maul will sell but be a bad figure.

Lord Tenebrous
06-16-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm holding off judgement until 1) carded pictures and 2) in-store sightings. I'm looking forward to Ephant Mon, and possibly Anakin. Padme and Teemto are going to depend on the paint jobs. I already have a Maul and Ki that I am satisfied with.

BillyJAck
06-16-2002, 02:51 PM
Ephant Mon is going to be great. TA Anakin would be good if he has his cloak. I don't think any of the future wave figures will be that bad. Pilot Jango could really suck if done wrong.

billyjack

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Ephant Mon will be good I think.
Anakin, Maul, and Padme will also be selling just because they're main characters and scalpers will going after'em along with Ephant since he's the Fan Choice figure.
Ki-Adi will probably be a kid's figure since it's an obscure Jedi with a lightsaber.
Teemto will just be there...

hango fett
06-16-2002, 03:10 PM
i think that maul looks awsome! i'll definitly get that one out of the pack.

yoda05
06-16-2002, 03:12 PM
i think i will buy all but ephant mon. he just doesn't appeal to me.

yoda05
06-16-2002, 03:13 PM
cool avatar, hango! wish i could fins one like that when i'm a padawan........................................... .......................................

saladin
06-16-2002, 03:26 PM
ya i think all i really i'm going to get is Ki-Adi and Padme the rest arn't that great.

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 04:02 PM
I think Ele...will suck...sure I'll buy one only to hide in my closet!

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by saladin
ya i think all i really i'm going to get is Ki-Adi and Padme the rest arn't that great.

Um...Ki-Adi is just a repaint isn't he? From the preview pics he seems like the same figure.....

TIE Pilot
06-16-2002, 05:33 PM
I've been holding off buying ~any~ Anakin figure just because I'm waiting for the Tatooine Attack Annie. I'm sure that one won't warm any pegs.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-16-2002, 06:03 PM
I have no idea as of yet! :p

Adam
06-16-2002, 11:46 PM
TA Anakin better come with a friggin' cloak! I'll be soo dissapointed if he doesn't. He is wearing it in that scene, but from what little we've seen of the figure, it seems he doesn't have it. Grrr.. must.. have.. cloak!

LTBasker
06-17-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Darth Annexis

Um...Ki-Adi is just a repaint isn't he? From the preview pics he seems like the same figure.....

Nope, all new figure. But if you want one for your diorama, get the one released for Episode I, cause the Episode II version is neutral stanced. :D

brentfett
06-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Ki Adi, Padme,and the new Maul will grow dust. From what I've seen of the new Anakin he looks like the best one so far, and the Tusken will hopefully be cool as well. How can you guys not look forward to Ephant Mon? Granted he isn't gonna be Mr. Playable, but just look at him!

thespar
07-03-2002, 03:13 PM
I do not care i will buy them all.

hango fett
07-03-2002, 03:15 PM
that's my phillosify too, thespar! buy them all!
hango

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-03-2002, 05:36 PM
i'am looking forward to ta anakin

CrossWizard
07-03-2002, 05:47 PM
The best of the bunch might end up being Anakin unless he has some freaking gimmick or action that we dont know off. The worst by far is Ki Adi Mundi, hes just a repainted, rehash with a new arm :zzz:

odi-wan windu
07-03-2002, 06:46 PM
I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Anakin.

bigbarada
07-03-2002, 10:50 PM
Ephant Mon and CC Chewie are the only figures I plan to buy for the rest of the year. None of the others appeal to me in the slightest.

hango fett
07-04-2002, 09:00 AM
wow! not much of a saga collector are ya big b?
hango

bigbarada
07-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Not really, I'm starting college so money for action figures will be nearly non-existant for a while. Those two figures I mentioned above are the only ones I plan to actively search for. Well, that list is reduced to just Ephant Mon now, since I am getting Chewie in a trade (thanks Dryanta!:cool: ).

I will add that I hope to find the Clone Pilot and Gunship, but don't plan to kill myself searching for them. If I find them and happen to have the money, then great. If I can't find them or don't have the money when I do, then oh well, life will go on.

I want to continue collecting but Hasbro seems to enjoy making that as frustrating as possible. On top of that, my priorities have shifted slightly since I started school, so that leaves very little time and money to go hunting for action figures.

hango fett
07-05-2002, 08:41 AM
i hear you big b. hasbro has no simpothy or sense of realisim when they target young kids....sometimes i don't think they have a clue...
hango