PDA

View Full Version : Teemto Pagalies

dr_evazan22
06-16-2002, 04:14 PM
I was visiting Amazon/TRU.com today and came across a listing (w/ photo) for Teemto in the 3-3/4" size. If I remember it correctly, it was listed as "Sold Out".

I hadn't seen or heard of this figure before and thought I would pass it on to all of you.

TRU.com also had a number of the other hard to find newer fig's, at 6.99 - 7.99.

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it's coming out in the next 6 figure assortment.

fourtwo
06-16-2002, 04:39 PM
now all he needs is his pod.

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 05:01 PM
You'll find that Amazon/TRU will place an item on "Sold Out" truth is they don't have it in yet...they are just entering it in their system so that when it does arrive they can get it up faster.

TIE Pilot
06-16-2002, 06:35 PM
It's nice to see they're going to back to Ep I and making some of the pod racer pilots. I hope they continue.

Unit-01
06-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Doesn't he come with that saucer shape scrap scavenger droid?

Lt Kettch
06-16-2002, 07:28 PM
I think what we need is pod racer two-packs but I know that has been discussed before.

Beast
06-16-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01
Doesn't he come with that saucer shape scrap scavenger droid?
Yep, that's what the early Hasbro lists said. Hopefully it ends up being so, but since we haven't seen carded images yet, who knows for sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
06-17-2002, 12:14 AM
If he does, I'll get him. :) I want that droid!

Jargo
06-17-2002, 02:54 AM
Bet he packs with somethig really poodoo. They probably had Teemto in the works since episode one anyway. by the looks of the sculpt he's an early design from around the time of the movies release. Look how ropey the detailing is. There's no way he's a new figure. he's been sitting on the shelf for years. hasbro threw him into the fan choice poll knowing he wouldn't win it but with his hardcopy already ready to go to the factory should the unthinkable happen and Amanaman or whoever it was fail to win. Now there's been a hefty passage of time they can safely release him in the new saga line and clear the shelves of the tat that's been sitting there for years gathering dust. That's the same reason we're getting the Lott Dod figure and why we got the Qui-gon figure, just to clear the shelves. Wonder what other stuff they have sitting around in the box of abandoned ideas...

Hellboy
06-17-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Bet he packs with somethig really poodoo. They probably had Teemto in the works since episode one anyway. by the looks of the sculpt he's an early design from around the time of the movies release. Look how ropey the detailing is. There's no way he's a new figure. he's been sitting on the shelf for years. hasbro threw him into the fan choice poll knowing he wouldn't win it but with his hardcopy already ready to go to the factory should the unthinkable happen and Amanaman or whoever it was fail to win. Now there's been a hefty passage of time they can safely release him in the new saga line and clear the shelves of the tat that's been sitting there for years gathering dust. That's the same reason we're getting the Lott Dod figure and why we got the Qui-gon figure, just to clear the shelves. Wonder what other stuff they have sitting around in the box of abandoned ideas...

I for one am glad that they keep bringing out their old ideas. It just means more figures for us:D

saladin
06-17-2002, 11:39 PM
i didn't like him in the movie and i don't like the fig, he is just to goofy.

dr_evazan22
06-18-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Hellboy

I for one am glad that they keep bringing out their old ideas. It just means more figures for us:D

I'm with ya there Hellboy! A lot of people clamor for more background characters from the OT, it's about time that some were made from TPM.

I wish that they had made a Jira figure w/ COMMTech:
"Storms comin' Annie!":p

Jargo
06-18-2002, 08:59 AM
I'm actually a fan of Teemto and have been asking for him to be made for yonks. I voted for him in the fan choice poll and I hoped his sculpt would be better than this. he lacks detail and the pose is strange. His arms arte out at the sides in a weird pose for a character that small. The hardcopy paint job looks like they just smeared poopy onto him. But at least his goggles are removable. that's a small consolation. Hopefully he will pack with a large accessory like the scavenger droid but probably not. I just get a feeling that he's a throwaway character in the saga line like the Qui-gon. There simply to put in a show for TPM. Not to be the best figure ever.
I'll still be buying him because as I say i'm a big teemto fan. he's my favourite pod racer. I just feel a little disappointed in the finished sculpt that's all. And i am grateful to be getting him at all. Just as I'm grateful that finally lott Dod will be made.

Thing is that the sculpting on Teemto made me look again at the amount of detail and I concluded that he wasn't a finely detailed sculpt like the saga figures are and had been sculpted sometime around episode one. he matches the level of detail found in episode one figures.

dr_evazan22
06-20-2002, 08:47 PM
I hope they get around to making all of the pod racers eventually. I would also like to see Action Fleets of all the pods. I know some were made that you could "race", but I didn't pick them up.