PDA

View Full Version : Which figure is most worth opening?

The Darth Vader
06-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Hi, just asking to see that which figure is most worth opening to display and/or play with? This is a question for all of you guys who opens the figures, thanks. Also whose collecting the clone troopers to build a clone army and how many clone troopers do you already have?

Beast
06-16-2002, 05:04 PM
All of them. Free them from their plastic and carboard prisions and enjoy them for what they are. Fun toys, that capture the look and excitment of the movies so well.

No CloneTrooper army yet, though I plan to pick quite a few up later on. We need a more poseable version of the plain white troopers, before I start an army. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TIE Pilot
06-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Which figure is most worth opening?
I couldn't stand to have ~any~ figure on a card. I just have a need to open all of them.. even the ones that might be considered "boring" figures. I think the most fun figures to open are the ones that come with the most accessories like Luke Bespin and Jango Fett - Kamino Escape.

how many clone troopers do you already have?
I'm not into army building, so I just have one preview Clonetrooper. Though I intend to get the red trooper and the upcoming yellow one.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-16-2002, 05:59 PM
I have to agree with TIE Pilot on which one is fun to play with. More accessories the funner to play with them IMO... :happy:

I only have one Preview Clonetrooper and a Red Clonetrooper but hoping to get more when/if they go down to around $2.00. And some BattleDroids and SuperBattleDroids....

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by The Darth Vader
Hi, just asking to see that which figure is most worth opening to display and/or play with? This is a question for all of you guys who opens the figures, thanks. Also whose collecting the clone troopers to build a clone army and how many clone troopers do you already have?

Well, I'd highly suggest opening Yoda. :D

I've got 6 Preview Clone Troopers open for a loose army and I've got a Red Clone open, but I plan on getting some of the peg-warming Red Clones and painting them white for a bigger army.

Dooku Fett
06-16-2002, 06:28 PM
Luke!
The best figure to date!

sith_killer_99
06-16-2002, 08:39 PM
Some of my favorite "loose figures" are:

Darth Vader removable helmet
Dagobah Spirit Darth Vader
Stormtrooper (CommTech)
Boba Fett (300th)
C-3PO (removable limbs)
Death Star Trooper
Luke Imperial Guard (SOTE)
Luke Stormtrooper
R2-D2 with holo Leia
Spacetrooper
Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender) POTJ
Imperial Officer
AT-AT Driver
Sandtrooper (POTJ)
TIE Pilot
AT-ST Driver
Scout Trooper (POTJ)
Destroyer Droid (Exploding)
Naboo Royal Guard
R2-B1
TC-14
Watto
Adi Gallia
Greedo (CommTech)
R2-Q5
R3-T7
R4-M9
BoShek
Tusken Raider (POTJ)
Coruscant Guard
FX-7
Gungan Warrior
Han Bespin Capture
IG-88
Lando Bespin Escape
Mon Cal. Officer
Queen Theed
Tessek
Clone Trooper (Red)
Geo Warrior
Jango Final Battle
Massif with Geo Warrior
Royal Guard (Saga)
Yoda (Saga)
Endor Rebel Trooper (Saga)
Tusken Mother and Child

Just off the top of my head.
;)

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 09:06 PM
I open them all, but if I had to choose 1 Saga figure to suggest opening, my top choice would be Jango Fett (Kamino Escape). This figure has the most of what you want of any Saga action figure:

- removable helmet
- removable missile-firing backpack w/ alternate normal-looking "dummy" missile & movable thrusters
- working holsters w/ 2 blaster pistols
- removable wrist-rope
- added arm and neck articulation

Luke Bespin would be my 2nd choice for having a lot of articulation and accessories; Yoda would be my 3rd for having some interesting gimmicks in his accessories; and Endor Rebel Trooper would be my 4th choice for having some nice removable accessories and lots of arm articulation.

fourtwo
06-16-2002, 09:18 PM
every single toy should get opened

JEDIpartner
06-16-2002, 09:41 PM
all of them.

SQueek
06-16-2002, 10:25 PM
in response to sith_killer_99 the spacetrooper from the small EU line is also one my favorities, i dont know why though...

maul4ever
06-16-2002, 10:51 PM
yoda is the best. they really do need a better plain white clone trooper to build armies with

Jayspawn
06-16-2002, 10:58 PM
Jango Fett (Kamino Escape) is the most fun to play with. Bespin Luke is very fun also.

Darth Narcis
06-17-2002, 12:26 AM
none of them. i dont open any of them. they all look better in the package... but if i had to open one itd be han with his grenades...

jjreason
06-17-2002, 12:35 AM
Open R2 Coruscant Sentry. He's wicked, and the sound is louder outside the pkg. Probably my favorite epII fig so far, even though I have many other versions of R2. Yoda also definitely is worth opening - can anyone tell me what the removable piece of his base is for? I got mine loose in a trade and haven't seen the pkg explanation of how to use this. Sorry, maybe I'll start a quick thread....

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Deluxe Mace

brentfett
06-17-2002, 02:32 PM
I like some figures better and worse than others, but fro some reason I really love the red clonetrooper. He just seems to be a great mixture of playability, articulation, and nice accessories.

Darth Sidious
06-17-2002, 02:54 PM
I agree with what was previously stated, they are all worth opening. I have never opened a figure I didnt like, even R5-D4. I am less fond of some than others, but I cant say I've ever hated a figure. But I know what you mean, which ones are the most fun outside of the package. In my opinion, it is Count Dooku and HD Anakin. Their gimmicks (Well, Dooku's anyway) are actually ok, Anakins spinny thing isnt THAT bad...It is fun recreating the battle, and even more fun cutting Anakin's arm off. :evil:

OC47150
06-17-2002, 03:43 PM
I have to say Bespin Luke is pretty darn cool. I picked up two of them Saturday. Haven't opened either one yet!

Forhekset
06-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Bespin Luke & Vader, and Yoda. Although I open all my figures, those have been the most fun to play around with so far.

Hellboy
06-17-2002, 07:26 PM
For me the figures I've enjoyed the best opened would be-
1-Luke Skywalker -Bespin Duel
2-Jango Fett -Kamino Escape
3-Nikto -Jedi Knight /with and without robe

Worst open
1-Battle Droid
2-Super Battle Droid
3-OPD Anakin

Turbowars
06-17-2002, 08:40 PM
FX-7 is by far the best figure ever. other than that the figures SUCK to High heaven. I open a figure every now and then and I'm usally dissapointed, the droids are the only ones Hasbro doesn't scew up. I will never open again, but I will aways collect unless the bubble gets any bigger.

DarthMushy
06-17-2002, 09:18 PM
Currently, Vader and Luke are dueling it out on the top shelf of my desk, as are Anakin and Dooku. Yoda and Jango also are waiting to jump into the battle. Off to the side, Qui-Gon and Maul are beating up on each other.

chubbychicken
06-21-2002, 01:32 AM
well the only one i have opened rite now would b the kamino escape jango fett its pretty cool to figit with i only opened it cuz i bought it in a canadian packaged box so it was pretty much worthless in thw box with all the french n spanish lettering on it but i'm planning to pick up another anakin skywalker hanger duel so i can open one hope its worth it even though everyone complains about the right arm

K_E_V_O
06-21-2002, 01:38 AM
OBI WAN PILOT IS #1.... There is something about him and his fabric cloak. I also like how he can hold on to the lightsaber with both hands.... very well done fig IMO cept for the skinny arms.

DarthBrandon
06-21-2002, 01:46 AM
Open them all except your doubles.

Emperor Howdy
06-21-2002, 02:38 AM
Pssssssst........hey.........kitfisto.......betwee n you and I.....I know why you like that Mace figure........;) :kiss:

sith_killer_99
06-21-2002, 06:38 AM
Ani with Slice and Dice Geo Warrior is pretty cool too.;)

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 07:26 PM
I just got the Endor Rebel Soldier today and I think its one of the best and most fun figures of the saga line so far.

Forhekset
07-18-2002, 07:49 PM
Still Bespin Luke for me - I found a version the other day with the "burned" wrist and plastic peg. He's even better now than before!

jonboy
07-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Most of them are pretty cool. I open everything!!! They are more fun that way. Keeping them in the package is like buying a new car and keeping it garaged. To pick only one, well I would have to say Bespin Luke. He has a lot going for him.

Jedi Juice
07-18-2002, 10:26 PM
Well, I do only collect carded, but I had to give in and buy an extra Dooku and Yoda so I could open them, displaying them in the awesome battle scene!

figrin bran
07-19-2002, 01:31 AM
should i open up the boba fett w/background or the one without background?

Nebulaz
07-19-2002, 04:24 AM
Yoda, so you can finally make yoda fight the way you want to, to control him would be so awesome.

sith_killer_99
07-19-2002, 06:05 AM
Dooku is pretty much a waste of a figure to open IMO. The only cool thing about it was the Holo Sidious!:rolleyes:

OriginalBryGuy
07-19-2002, 11:12 AM
I'll probably keep some vintage figs carded and let my grandkids open all the stuff I have...Imagine that christmas in 2050. haha..

sith_killer_99
07-19-2002, 01:32 PM
:eek:

LOL, now that WOULD be something. Make sure you record it on DVD, or whartever the format will be in the year 2050!;)

Chiesa
07-19-2002, 02:56 PM
Seems like I am missing what most people are saying is the best, Bespin Luke... Currently in the lastest saga... I think JSD Obi Wan great... I love his pose and his clothed cloak... Going to pick up a luke bespin tomo!!

Cheers :p

Lobito
07-22-2002, 07:15 PM
All figures are worth opening...but if u have a spare Jorg Sacul and a spare Theatre Promo Luke Jedi Knight...u have a big choice in your hands.

DarthBrandon
07-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by figrin bran
should i open up the boba fett w/background or the one without background?

Open the one without the background, that's what I did with Kit, Jango and Boba.

JON9000
07-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Definitely a tie between Kamino Jango and Cloud City Chewie. If you have Djarik Chewie, Mechanic Chewie, or several other versions, I think this is the one to open.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-22-2002, 09:38 PM
I went to Wal-Mart today looking to take advantage of the K-mart circular I had with me. I had enough money to get three figures to open. My hopes were that they would be Chewie, Djas Puhr, and Luke. I was sure they would have the latter two but was unclear about Chewie. I didn't expect them to have any Clone Troopers, Anakin HDs or Yodas but I most certainly would have got them if they did.

Well they didn't have any Chewies nor Lukes which surprised me since Lukes are warming the pegs most place else. I did get a Djas though and settled on Dexter and a Massif. It looked like collectors took advantage of the sale as all the battle droids and most of the super battle droids.

I opened all three of them and aside from a little difficulty getting them to stand, I liked them. Especially Djas as he is one bad looking dude.

FlakMan
07-22-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
All figures are worth opening...but if u have a spare Jorg Sacul and a spare Theatre Promo Luke Jedi Knight...u have a big choice in your hands.
If I get Jorg Sacul and the 25th Anniversary Vader and even the 25th Anniversary R2-D2, I'm not opening them. Even if I had extras. I would probably sell the extras on eBay or give them to my brothers.

Thumb Wars
07-22-2002, 09:59 PM
i opened up Yoda and i was incredubally happy. he is such an awesome little muppet!! then i opened dooku, he is a worthless hunk of plastic! i really hope they do another one with out legs that won't coorperate! my movie X-Men Professer X stands better!!!!