PDA

View Full Version : that did not sound good. the lawn mower ate my figures!

hango fett
06-16-2002, 06:36 PM
i had my SBD and preview clone trooper out in our backyard where a jungle gym used to be. (when i was 5, we got iit and now it's just the bare dirt left over making it perfect place to set up the geo arena battle.) i got all the figures but them that i had loose in the duffle bag i brought them out in. after i ate supper, i had to mow the yard and forgot all about them. i didn't see them when i was mowing in the dirt because my dad was trying to tell me something and i mowed right over them! i heard a gut-reanching GGGRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNDDD! and stoped the mower. all i could find was a leg of the clonetrooper and the chestplate and arm of the SBD. this ever happend to any of you? if it has, i fell for you...;)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-16-2002, 06:53 PM
:eek: !!!OUCH!!! :eek:

hango fett
06-16-2002, 07:04 PM
thats what i said when i found one of the SPD legs....in five peaces scattered across out the yard!

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 07:14 PM
The only figure casualties I've ever had were from my dog. I've had 4 figures get chewed; a vintage snowtrooper, a POTF2 Hoth Commander, a vintage Stormtrooper and a vintage Boba Fett. The Stormtrooper got both ankles and I think both hands bit off so I threw him away, the Snowtrooper only got it's hand bit off while the Commander got his right hand and foot chewed off plus there are some other bite marks around him, but Boba Fett, unfortunately he got his head chewed off along with an arm. His head was split in two but still barely connected. I've actually kept the Commander, Snowtrooper, and Fett and have the Snowtrooper and Commander as "battle casualties" and as for Fett, well I've yet to hold a memorial for him. :D

SuperBattleDroid88
06-16-2002, 07:17 PM
I left my Flash Speeder out one day and my dog destroyed it... The cannon was chewed off, it was all wet from all the slobber ,and it was all scratched up from his paws I guess.. :rolleyes:
But later I somehow bought another for $4.00 at Target! :D

jjreason
06-17-2002, 01:48 AM
I feel bad for ya, Hango. My daughter broke the head off my vintage Luke X-Wing pilot (but the gun never fell out of his hand!!). On a completely unrelated train of thought, that is the COOLEST avatar picture I've seen in ages.

hango fett
06-17-2002, 07:33 AM
me? well, it's just a little something i wiped up from the trailer on quicktime....

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 08:51 AM
You were playing with your figures outside?!!! :eek: Oh! The horror!

atomicmaniac
06-17-2002, 09:33 AM
I had a vintage 4-LOM who had his head chewed up by the dog. Which really sucks because that is a great figure.

hango fett
06-17-2002, 10:20 AM
it's okay, JEDIpartnr. i washed em off in the sink and let them dry by the fan....they have recovered from the events of yesterday just fine...they miss the clonetrooper because he knew where to get his extra gun at....they wanted to use it for an experiment.....don't ask......;)

Darth Detori
06-17-2002, 10:26 AM
ooph. now THAT bites :p
Fortunantly I've never had such an incident occur

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-17-2002, 11:29 AM
once, my dog ate like 10 figures, like my rem/helmet vader, cerimonial luke, 2 stormtroopers and a few others. Oh and that dog sat on my mint TC-14.

Sidiously Darth
06-17-2002, 02:06 PM
This one time at action figure camp...:p

Actually, I've had a couple incidents where one of the cats wanted to play with some accessories but I put a stop to that.:D

Rogue II
06-17-2002, 02:45 PM
I've been lucky. My action figures have only had 2 animal attacks. The first one wasn't even SW, it was Starting line up. One of my dogs chewed his leg off. No big deal, I got it clearance for $2 anyway. The 2nd one was Vader's interrogation droid. It fell off of my desk and the dog found it.....took some heavy damage. I'm looking foward to getting a new one when the Accessory packs come out.

Neither of my dogs have any interest in action figures any more. They sniff it when I open it, then walk away. The only time they pay any attenion to the action figures is when I make the AT-AT or C-3PO storage case make noise. The dogs give me a wierd look then walk away.

Darth Sidious
06-17-2002, 03:43 PM
That sucks, Ive never had anything like that happen...Well, be thankful it was the SBD and Clone Trooper, it could have been Dooku and Yoda (Or something else "Rare" like that)...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-17-2002, 03:58 PM
If you think about it, that SBD can now be a great extra in a diorama. SBD scraps everywhere!

LTBasker
06-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Neither of my dogs have any interest in action figures any more. They sniff it when I open it, then walk away.

Let'em sniff R4-M9's mouse droid, it'll knock'em out! :D

TIE Pilot
06-17-2002, 05:27 PM
I've been pretty lucky, since '78 I've ~never~ had an accident where one of my figures was chewed, burned, lost, or dismembered in some horrid fashion.

The only horror story I have is when my mom threw out my vintage Slave I thinking it was garbage *sigh*

hango fett
06-17-2002, 05:50 PM
actually.............my dooku DID get broken in half when i dropped a big rock on him by accident....and my yoda's lightsaber broke....i may be re-thinking my "take-them-outside-and-make-a-battle-" idea.....:(

SuperBattleDroid88
06-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Not a good day was it?

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2002, 08:09 PM
I had a similar experience with a lawn mower, but not with a Star Wars figure. It was with one of my Gi Joes. Remember that guy Zartan ( I think that is his name) who glowed in the sunlight? He had that tattooed face and the hood?
Anyways, I had multiple figures of this guy because I liked him so much. I remember one day I had them outside (about 3 of them I think) and my dad mowed the yard. Well he chopped them all up, but it wasn't hard to see where the pieces went-they were all glowing in the warm sun!!

hango fett
06-17-2002, 08:28 PM
you know....putting them under the lawnmower can be usefull like hasbro'sbountyhunter said. i can get a few battle droids and desdtroyer droids and slices em up and put them in my macshift arena! alright!

Forhekset
06-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
I had a similar experience with a lawn mower, but not with a Star Wars figure. It was with one of my Gi Joes. Remember that guy Zartan ( I think that is his name) who glowed in the sunlight? He had that tattooed face and the hood?
Anyways, I had multiple figures of this guy because I liked him so much. I remember one day I had them outside (about 3 of them I think) and my dad mowed the yard. Well he chopped them all up, but it wasn't hard to see where the pieces went-they were all glowing in the warm sun!!

I remember that guy, Zartan rules. I also had an experience sort of like this - when I was young (early 80s), I had several of my G.I. Joes outside making a little battle scene (3 of those B.A.T. guys, Flint, and my cool mailaway hooded Cobra Commander - I think I had Tomax and Xamot out there too). Well, I left em outside all night, and the next day the guy who came over to mow our yard every week demolished 'em. :(

hango fett
06-18-2002, 10:41 AM
i just put some of the pices of battle droids, SBD, etc...in my macshift arena! it almost looks like there was a battle out there! if i have my dad bring the digital camera home, i'll take some pics and post it on here! wish me luck
Hango

Exhaust Port
06-18-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
I had several of my G.I. Joes outside making a little battle scene (3 of those B.A.T. guys, Flint, and my cool mailaway hooded Cobra Commander - I think I had Tomax and Xamot out there too.

Hey, I had 2 of those mailaway hooded Cobra Commander's and one day out of boredom while playing with fire I melted them together. I think those things go for something like $200. Wow, that was an expensive little experiment with melting plastic.

Zartan, the master of disguise that only came with 1 face. Not quite a master when he can only look like 1 other guy. Of course when you don't change your clothing a face change isn't going to help much. "Hey look, there's a guy over then wearing Zartan's cloths, driving his car and even sound like him." :)

Forhekset
06-18-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port

Hey, I had 2 of those mailaway hooded Cobra Commander's and one day out of boredom while playing with fire I melted them together. I think those things go for something like $200. Wow, that was an expensive little experiment with melting plastic.

Zartan, the master of disguise that only came with 1 face. Not quite a master when he can only look like 1 other guy. Of course when you don't change your clothing a face change isn't going to help much. "Hey look, there's a guy over then wearing Zartan's cloths, driving his car and even sound like him." :)

To be honest with you, it almost makes me physically ill when I think about how many of my old He-Man, Star Wars, and GI Joe figures I lost/destroyed in the 80s. :( Who knew I'd be 23 years old someday and still into toys?

QLD
06-18-2002, 02:37 PM
I used to line up my GI Joes executioner style, and take them out with my BB gun. You could shoot off the arms, heads, legs.....

But the BEST part....

Was shooting them in the exact center of the chest, where the screw that held all their pieces together was. Then they would EXPLODE! BOOM! pieces everywhere.

Wish I hadn't done that.

I also used to catch their head on fire and let them run around while their head melted.

hango fett
06-18-2002, 04:32 PM
my freind does that, QLD! we put gasoline on his body (the figure) and lit a match and watched him melt!!! heheheheheheheh!

Jargo
06-18-2002, 04:52 PM
There was a thread like this somewhere before, talking about the vile things we did to toys as kids. I did horrible things to them. Burning, sawing in half ripping limbs off, painting them entirely silver for some reason... I had a friend who used to fill the falcon with figures and throw the whole thing from his bedroom window onto the lawn below to see who would survive the crash. I cut a stormtrooper in half and filled his body with tissue paper and colored it with red food dye to make him look really battle dameaged.. kinda sick when you thin about it but no sicker than what Hasbro has done with the geonosian. :)

I only had one pet accident when my dog ate a Luke Dagobah. I managed to rescur the figure but he was mutilated on the left arm and his legs were crippled badly. There were teeth marks all over his torso and head. I was pretty gipped at that and the dog got pasted big time. Not had any more casualties and i can now leave stuff lying on the floor and he doesn't even sniff it. I taught him the difference between what's his toys and what's mine. Actually if it isn't biscuit smelling he isn't interested nowadays. Which is a small mercy considering the size of my collection and the amount of figures I have on low shelves. But he did show an interest in Zam's speeder the other day. I got it on a high shelf above my captains bunk bed and the dog can climb. I found him on my bed sniffing at the shelf and with his wet nose right up at the speeder. It's probably the smelly rubber they used for the nose forks. I'll be keeping a close watch on the mutt from now on i can tell you. :)

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 05:19 PM
I never hurt my SW figures. :D Although one time another kid and me got a bunch of my older hot wheels that I didn't want anymore and used some big rocks in my yard to destroy them. :evil:

Jargo
06-18-2002, 06:56 PM
I used to destroy cars too. The melting point of die cast metal is really low so they melt really quickly and that's fun to do as a kid. I must have forged a huge ball of metal scag in the garden of my grandmas house. She had a permanent bonfire going to get rid of garden waste and I'd just toss a Corgi car in there and watch it melt and drip like plastic in no time at all. Made a Starskey and Hutch car into the car that lois Lane drives in one of the Superman movies and crushed it like in the movie when she slips down a crevass cause by an earthquake. Crushed that car flat as a pancake between two rocks and imagined Lois screaming for Superman to come rescue her.... he never got there in time HAHAHA! :evil:

hango fett
06-18-2002, 07:30 PM
ah, youth......we have such adventures and then we grow up to become idiots....who used to collect starwars toys because we thought it was going to get us money....hehehe...

odi-wan windu
06-23-2002, 11:16 AM
my cat used to eat lightsabers and other accessories.. but mostly lightsabers.;)

SithDroid
06-23-2002, 11:41 AM
This reminds me of when I was young. I used to take all my G.I.Joes outside and would set up jungles and deserts in the backyard. The funny thing is that I never lost any of their weapons or anythig while playing with them outside. Plus my figures never got mangled up really bad. Ah, the 80's. A great time for action figures.:)

thespar
07-03-2002, 03:16 PM
No lawn mower or dog problems when it came to my older toys it was all little sister problems.