PDA

View Full Version : South Park to spoof Lucas directly?

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 08:12 PM
In the past, the adult-oriented cartoon South Park has taken plenty of shots at (and references to) the Star Wars trilogy, one of which was their "yousa people gonna die?" line in the South Park movie that came out just after Ep 1 - the gagt was put in at pretty much the last minute, similar to an episode that had a Jar Jar-esque character whose species I can't even post on this all-ages site.

Anyway, I was watching Comedy Central recently and there was an ad for the new season of South Park premiering this month, and one of the shots is of Lucas at a film-editing bay or something. Does anybody know anything more about this? Is this gonna be a cheap cameo or will it be the driving force behind the ep?

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 08:49 PM
I wonder if they'll have a counter on how many times "poodoo" is said. :D

chewie
06-16-2002, 09:01 PM
There IS a new episode with the boys creating a campaign to "Save Hollywood Films From their Directors". I take it this should play into the Lucas stuff. :)

What else is known is that the new episodes involve priest molestation, Cartman doing scientific experiments with his enormous posterior, and the return of Professor Chaos (aka Butters). This info comes from southparkstudios.com.

I do know that Trey Parker absolutely hated Episode I and made it well known to Lucas at some party they both went to. There was also a few very blunt remarks made in one of the more recent episodes of the show as to this opinion on the movie. Nothing is known yet on any AotC opinions by Matt Stone or Trey Parker, but having Lucas shown has got to mean something.

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 10:35 PM
Chewie, that's gotta be it! Thanks for that info, sounds like Matt & Trey don't care for the Special Editions either. ;)

Basker, "POODOO! They killed Towlie! (1,287)" that was a good one. ;) (sorry I couldn't go "They killed Kenny", but he seems to have been killed in a more permanent way lately)

scruffziller
06-17-2002, 05:55 PM
When does the new season start?!

JediTricks
06-17-2002, 07:52 PM
June 26th.

JediTricks
06-18-2002, 03:46 PM
"Will George Lucas ruin another one of his classic movies?" *snip snip*

Apparently, it pays to not only look at commercials, but actually LISTEN to them. ;):D

SithDroid
06-19-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by chewie
There IS a new episode with the boys creating a campaign to "Save Hollywood Films From their Directors". I take it this should play into the Lucas stuff. :)

I do know that Trey Parker absolutely hated Episode I and made it well known to Lucas at some party they both went to. There was also a few very blunt remarks made in one of the more recent episodes of the show as to this opinion on the movie. Nothing is known yet on any AotC opinions by Matt Stone or Trey Parker, but having Lucas shown has got to mean something.

This is one of the main reasons why I absolutely LOVE South Park. They tackle subjects that no one else will because they are affraid of being shunned in Hollywood and I commend them for it. I wonder if there will be a cameo of Spielberg because of the recent 20th anniversary E.T. release.

JediTricks
06-20-2002, 12:19 AM
SD, I really hope so, that would be the icing on the cake. :D

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 12:21 AM
Wonder if they'll talk with'em. :cool:

Jek Porky 2002
06-22-2002, 08:11 AM
I don't mean to offend any canadians, but it would be funny if they made fun of Hayden Christensen. He could come on dressed as a jedi and have a flapping head and a high piched voice like Terrence and Philip, and say something like "What the hell are you talking aboot, eh buddy?" or "Hey, Yoda buddy, I can't understand what your talking aboot, youve got a silly voicem, eh!"
that would be funny!

QLD
06-22-2002, 01:50 PM
Maybe they will re-visit the "Chewbacca Defense" That was classic stuff.

JediTricks
06-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Heh heh, Jek, that created a really funny visual in my brain. :D

scruffziller
07-10-2002, 10:21 PM
HA HA I LOVE THE VADER INUENDO PLANTED ON GL "ITS TOO LATE FOR ME BOYS" :D

Beast
07-10-2002, 10:28 PM
Pretty funny, even though they of course blew alot of things out of preportion. I like how they portrayed Spielburg as the real bad guy, and Lucas was just corrupted by Spielburg. You have to admit that the changes to E.T., the removal of the guns especially is alot worse then anything Lucas did to the S.E.'s of the Star Wars Trilogy. Except for the Greedo shooting first scene, anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
07-10-2002, 10:46 PM
The episode was pretty funny. I liked it.

Wolfwood319
07-10-2002, 11:03 PM
Tonight's episode was good, but easily my least favorite of the new seasons'. I did like how all of Spielberg's goons ran around with walkie-talkies. I also liked GL's voice. The "Raiders" scene at the end was pretty weak, IMO.

I really loved the "commercial" for the "Special Edition Episode 1" with the CGI graphics, especially that end bit.

Beast
07-10-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I really loved the "commercial" for the "Special Edition Episode 1" with the CGI graphics, especially that end bit.
Sad part is, it actually did look cooler then the original first episode. Except for the cheesy Dewback in that one shot. They should redo the whole first episode like that, and put it as an easter egg on the DVD release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-11-2002, 02:00 AM
First episode I've watched in a long time, and it was good. :)
I liked the Episode I Special Edition too - especially the new aliens and the Dewback walking in front of the camera, it reminded me of the Ronto in ANH: SE :D

So is Kenny gone for good? I know Tweak took his place, but is this permanent? Is Butters still around? He might be my favorite character. :)

Beast
07-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
So is Kenny gone for good? I know Tweak took his place, but is this permanent? Is Butters still around? He might be my favorite character. :)
Yes, Kenny died forever. They found out he had a termanal disease that could be treated with stem cell research from newborn babies umbilical cords. Cartman even made a impassioned speech before congress on the issue to save his friend. I believe that congrass voted no, and Kenny died.

As for Butters, he was taken on as Stan, Kyle, and Cartmans replacement for Kenny. But they hated him and kicked him out of the group. Butters went insane and become Professor Chaos, and is trying to take revenge on South Park and the kids, as well as take over the world. I updated the attachment with a better picture of both Proffessor Chaos and his henchmen, General Disarray. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 02:27 AM
Along with his evil Gerbil minions. :D

I missed the episode. :( I was wanting to watch it but forgot it was on. :cry:

JediTricks
07-12-2002, 02:11 PM
I thought it was a pretty funny ep, and spoke VOLUMES about how many of us feel with these directors revisioning their released works and burying the original versions.

The ewoks in Raiders and the pic of Lucas w/ Jar Jar were really funny stuff.

SithDroid
07-15-2002, 12:56 AM
I wonder if Lucas and Spielberg actually saw this episode. I love Trey Parker and Matt Stone because they aren't afraid to come out there and tell it like it is. Way to go guys.