PDA

View Full Version : ? for grand admiral thrawn

derek
06-16-2002, 09:30 PM
i enjoy your feature where you answer questions from people here, but i was wondering where you get your info from. for example, you have said the 12 inch line isn't selling well and it may not be continued.

i'm curious what info you have that this is being based on? is it an observation you have made while hunting for new stuff, or do you have sales figures from hasbro and their retail partners?

thanks.:)

Thrawn
06-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by derek

i'm curious what info you have that this is being based on? is it an observation you have made while hunting for new stuff, or do you have sales figures from hasbro and their retail partners?

I can't believe I got here before experts like JJB or JangoFart !!!

It is more than just my intuition and observation. Someone on the inside has told me with the massive failure of the masterpiece line and last 12 inch POTJ wave that they weren't even going to continue - hence the last POTJ 12 inch wave (Boushh, etc) was shelved.

You may come to your own conclusions about the saga line...

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 11:12 PM
The 12" line never does well. :D

Beast
06-16-2002, 11:17 PM
Of course, Thrawn isn't always correct about what he says. Like the fact he said that a Yellow CloneTrooper Commander figure was coming, when it's actually a Yellow CloneTrooper Pilot. He does a good job, but most of it is just rumors and stuff, nothing that can really be confirmed. Like the R5-D4 figure. :)

As for the information about the 12" line. I don't buy it. The 12" line doesn't sell as well as the 4" line, of course. But it does sell well. The problem is, when they re-issue charecters that were exclusive, in the regular line. The Bounty Hunter 12" Series did well, and we have the second set of them coming up later this year. Leia was dropped, because she was made before in the KB 3-pack. So maybe Hasbro is learning. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
06-16-2002, 11:45 PM
thrawn,

thanks for the reply and answers.:)

did you inform you inside person that collectors are not rejecting the 12 inch line, just not buying poor quality or overpriced merchandise?

the portrait editions figures were great but overpriced, and the last POTJ 12 inch wave was horrible. we're still wondering if the death star trooper was an intentional joke.:)

from what i've seen, collectors are more than happy to spend for quality. the 12 inch jango fett is flying off shelves, and i bet dooku will be a good seller, because he appears to be quality product.

hasbro could easily duplicate what marmit has done, and for a fraction of the price. if they did, the 12 inch sales would explode.:)
does your insider realize this?

thanks.:)

Boba Fitt
06-17-2002, 08:24 AM
If the things didn't cost so much and they distributed them better they'd sell. I'd love to have them!

QLD
06-17-2002, 09:09 AM
Yeah, if the 12" figures looked good, I would buy them. Sadly, for the most part, they are pathetic.

bigbarada
06-17-2002, 11:06 AM
The hasbro 12" line is a joke, there have been some attempts to improve in the Saga line; but as long as Hasbro keeps their ancient attitudes about the toy market intact this line will die.

I'm already hoping for a quick death of the Saga line, this way Hasbro can get back to the level of quality they hinted at in POTJ.

JediTricks
06-17-2002, 04:22 PM
JJB, if what I've heard is true, it'd be very unwise for collectors to treat this as "business as usual" for the 12-inch line as it currently is anything but. I'm not speaking for Thrawn here, but I think it's more, I definitely think it's in more trouble than you do.

derek
06-18-2002, 12:02 AM
rebel scum is reporting that a bousch leia with han in carbonite is a possible toys r us exclusive later this year. if it has a new head and body, i hope so.:)