PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind

derek
06-16-2002, 11:54 PM
i just got this game after reading rave reviews about it. and it is a pretty cool game. it almost seems like it could be set in the LOTR universe.:)

i guess this is my first RPG, or at least the first that i like.:)
does anyone know if "galaxies" or "knights of the old republic" will be similar in gameplay as morrowind? i hope so.

the game lets you do and go just about anywhere, and the graphics are awesome.

Boba Rhett
06-17-2002, 08:35 AM
KotOR should play like Morrowind. But who knows what they'll do? :)

Anyway, did youget it for the xbox or PC? Is the learning curve high?

derek
06-17-2002, 09:45 AM
boba rhett,

i got it for the PC. i was kinda nervous if my machine would even play the game after reading about the high requirements for it, but it runs pretty good.

this is the first RPG i have ever really played, but it dosen't seem too difficult.i like that everything happens in "real time". it is easy to just "play" but heck to finish it.:)

so how will galaxies be different than this, other than it's an online multiplayer game? will the actual gameplay be similar?

Boba Rhett
06-17-2002, 10:12 AM
I think it will at least resemble that type. I but I don't really know that much about it yet. :) I'll have to upgrade my connection before I can play Galaxies. :(

DeadEye
06-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Derek,

What detail and resolution do you play Morrowind on?

I know next to nothing about KotoR, but I can tell you that Galaxies is a lot like Morrowind! You have not just a world, but a whole galaxy where you can do anything and be anything, from a Jedi to a Wookiee hairdresser.

derek
06-17-2002, 07:40 PM
deadeye,

the resolution i'm playing at is 1024 x 768. :)

the distance meter is set to the max and shadows are turned off.

i also recently turned off all unnecessary background programs and it runs pretty good. i read in some forums i'd have to have a super-computer to play this game, but my ge force 2 32 mb and 128 mb ram are plenty.:)

but i'm gonna get 512 mb ram and a ge force 4 before galaxies comes out!:)

DeadEye
06-17-2002, 09:53 PM
It'll already be obsolete by then!

derek
06-17-2002, 11:25 PM
what will be obsolete, the video card? i know nvida has a new card coming out, but the ge force 4 is still a good card.:)

DeadEye
06-18-2002, 09:43 AM
True...still...it helps to be on top of things.