PDA

View Full Version : Walmart figured out (no pun intended)

sunblind
06-17-2002, 02:13 PM
OK. I've figured out Walmart. For the longest time, they had no new figures, the racks were bear and for almost 3 weeks nothing. Well this is what happened and I like the idea.

It seems as if they know the scalpers or what happens with putting out a new case with just 2 of this new fig and 1 of that and 2 of that.....well what they did was just waited in the stock area and collected (what seemed to be enough) of a number of new figures!! Just last friday morning I showed up and bam! Tons of new figures all over the pegs. I like that idea. Iwaited forever but I was able to get what I wanted. Although no Pilot Obie, Alien Bounty Hunter, Palpatine or chewie...which was alright becuase I think I picked up atleast 5-6 figures that had been on my list to chatch up.

Anyway, WM is thinking. Oh and there were absolutly NO damaged packages. ;)

brentfett
06-17-2002, 02:24 PM
From what I've read on SSG it seems a lot of Wal Marts got in a ton of new stuff this weekend. Was it a lot of the Bespin Wave you saw?

Mandalorian Candidat
06-17-2002, 02:30 PM
My WM in Utah finally got in a crapload of Bespin wave figures. I had been waiting for ages without spotting a single one.

icatch9
06-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Is this on purpose or just dumb luck. I wouldn't trust WM to do anything that smart on purpose. No offense to WM employees hear, but many of us can attest to WM not careing to much about anything to do with the collectable community.

LTBasker
06-17-2002, 03:20 PM
I went to Wal-Mart last Friday morning and they had alot of new figures out too, only one figure I got was damaged and that was a Qui-Gon, which didn't have damage to the card but looked like someone elbowed the bubble, it's ok though, the figure was ok and they had an extra that was in good shape. :cool:

OC47150
06-17-2002, 03:40 PM
I've been having my best luck at Wal Mart. I found Bloody Luke and the area Jango Fett on Saturday.

A new Super Wal Mart is opening in my town on Wednesday. I plan to check it out!

RedneckJedi
06-17-2002, 05:43 PM
My WM in OKC was the same way. They got in tons of figures late last week (after a long drought)... everything except Palp, Djas, Chewie and Obi-Wan [JSP].

Less than a week later, it's down to 1-2 figs per peg, with only Orn Free Taa and Endor Rebel being the latest released figures left!

They were really knocked out over the weekend. There were plenty Friday morning...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-17-2002, 06:02 PM
Eh, all the WM in my area have more than enough Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Qui-Gonn and so on. Nothing new, but i ordered mine, so, i'm not lookin'. If i can only find that freakin' Acklay, i would be happy!!!

Wolfwood
06-17-2002, 09:28 PM
yeah same here, picked up the orn free taa wave, but didnt find the bespin or djas at WM.

Wolfwood
06-17-2002, 09:29 PM
ohhh and you certainly can't argue with the $4.77 price per figure either :) when these guys get the stormies theres gonna be quite a few happy campers.

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood
when these guys get the stormies theres gonna be quite a few happy campers.

What Stormies? There are no Stormtroopers coming out to retail. Perhaps you meant Clone Troopers?

I was able to find an Orn Free Taa and Endor soldier at a Wal*Mart this past weekend. I didn't need them as I alreayd had them, but I saw them. That's a good sign! Sadly their pegs were all full of crap figures that have been warming the pegs since 4/23. :(

sunblind
06-18-2002, 09:23 AM
They had a number of bespin waves there but they had prety much all the new fig's I think except Palp, Djas, Chewie and Obi-Wan pilot. There were alot of massiff's, Han's and endor along with orn free...anyway...maybe it wasnt the smarts but it helps when the scaples cant wreck all the fun on a small amount being placed out.

Where's that Acklay? Anyone seen him?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2002, 09:51 AM
Sunblind- I've been lookin' for the Acklay for the last week and a half and i haven't seen a trace of 'em. I searched Wal-marts, KB's, TRU's, Targets and when i'm desperate, the craptacular SW section at Meijer, and nothing. Anybody know when he's out supposed to be out?!?!?!??!

Old Fossil
06-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Scored Orn Free Taa and Endor Rebel this weekend myself at Wal-mart. Still eagerly awaiting Obi-Wan pilot and Chewie, but it was nice to see some new figures.

They also had the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin, but I passed on them both.

sith_killer_99
06-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Two of my local Wal-Marts got the new waves in (Jango, Han, Luke, etc.) they had MASS amounts of these guys.

Bad news:

Most were dumped in a big bin at the end of the aisle!

Most had damaged cards.:mad:

No Palpatine, Chewie, Djas Puhr, etc.

Good news:

One Wal-Mart had them on the pegs as well as in the bins.:eek:

I found at least 1 of each figure MOMC!

I was able to find the "flame up" as well as the "flame down" variation of Jango. I'm not much of a variation collector, but what the heck...for $4.77 I can afford to buy an extra.;)

I was also able to find lots of cool little army builders (Endor Rebel Soldier, Geo Warrior, Massif, Royal Guards).:)

I DO hope that Wal-Mart stops putting these things in big bins. Many of the cards I've run across were BADLY damaged!:(

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-18-2002, 02:31 PM
yest his to has been going on at my wally world.