PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Attack of the Clones

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 02:50 PM
I happened by CDNOW this afternoon looking for some music and a little banner popped up on the top of the screen. I had to look twice to see if what I saw was correct.

CDNOW is NOT taking pre-orders at this time, but they ARE allowing you to be put on a notification list.

You can find the link here (http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1785853722/pagename=MN/PROMO/promo_in_the_media.html/promoid=8940/clickID=tn_rotx_txt).

Start posting if you run across any other on-line retailers starting lists such as this one!

BanthaPoodoo
06-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Go here (http://www.d9movie.com/dvd/55805025006.shtml) to buy the actual real honest to goodness DVD. I thought to myself, hey no way, but indeed it is. Released in other countries before it is released here from what I have read.

Hey, its only $10 so why not give it a shot right???

wedgeA
06-17-2002, 03:06 PM
I think that this kind of notification list is pretty common, but other e-tailers such as Amazon don't advertise it. Pretty hilarious that they advertise the buying the OT in all its widescreen glory yet they only offer the fullscreen.

icatch9
06-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Epidsode II on DVD? Sounds sketchy to me. What in the world is PAL format? Does it ship as soon as you buy it or do you have to wait forever?

BanthaPoodoo
06-17-2002, 03:19 PM
There are two television display systems in commercial use: PAL (common in Europe and parts of Asia) delivers a scanning/frame rate of 25 frames per second, while NTSC (used in the U.S. and Canada) delivers a scanning/frame rate of 29.97 frames per second. Currently there are no DVD players that convert from PAL to NTSC or vice versa. However, many PAL DVD players are able to display NTSC video on televisions that support what is known as the 60-Hz PAL system. For all DVD players in the U.S. and Canada, NTSC is the exclusive system in use.

More can be read here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/help/dvd-vhs-format-no-links.html)

What is above is not entirely true however. Its not just the player but the way it outputs it to the screen (tv) You can modify DVD players (this voids warranty) so that they can play or you can even get early models (such as the Apex brand) that will play any region & any format. DVD players in computers can play any version & region as it is all done with software (i.e. Intervideo WinDVD player) I ordered both Spiderman & the original Star Wars Widescreen Trilogy. Not only because I feel it is a legit place (or at least I hope they are) but I am also a bit curious about them too. I have read in the newsgroups about them (groups.google.com) & everyone generally seems to be pleased with them. They all say that what they sell is the genuine article. So I guess til I get burned, I cant say otherwise.

As far as shipping, you can order FedEx (which is recommended as you get a tracking number) or regular mail. People have stated that they ordered FedEx & got it within four days. Regular mail came in two weeks. Not to bad I think.........

There are other sites out there but this one seems to have better prices.

Beast
06-17-2002, 03:29 PM
BanthaPoodoo, as I posted in the other thread that place is definatly a bootleg site. The movie hasn't been released on DVD anywhere in the world yet. They even have DVD copies of Scooby Doo, that just opened in theaters. As well as Spider-man and Lord of the Rings, and other movies that arn't out on DVD yet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 03:33 PM
I have a PAL/NTSC DVD player. I get all my Kylie Minogue and Steps DVDs from AU to play on it. Mine is under warranty from the seller, so I DO still have a warranty on it. I LOVE IT!!!!

As for that DVD... it's probably a "watch the people get up to pee and get popcorn" vidcam version. There is no way that Fox or LFL would release this with NO supplemental materials. The only thing I could possibly see is if some nutcase went on eBay and stupidly advertised a VCD pre-release screener copy of the film for sale. He'd be shut down in a heartbeat!

icatch9
06-18-2002, 09:02 AM
Yea, I bet the stormtroopers will be visiting that site and shutting it down, once they catch wind of it. Bootlegs are fine, but I've never seen or bought one. I think its interesting, but not with the time for the crime.

Thanks a lot for the info on the PAL.

JEDIpartner
06-21-2002, 03:54 PM
Yea... let the pre-orders begin!!! I love this feeling... euphoria for the whole year! Yippee!!! erhm...*coff* :rolleyes:

BanthaPoodoo
06-24-2002, 10:40 AM
I cant wait to see it when it comes out for real either. I guess some things are too good to be true.

My friend got his & just called me, he says its a great cut (no screen captures or press release rips, but an actual pressed DVD) but he says that its got some flicker to it (could be because its a PAL DVD instead of a NTSC)

But he thinks after seeing it that it is a bootleg. A very very high quality bootleg, but a bootleg nonetheless.

I guess like I said, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.....

JEDIpartner
06-24-2002, 11:33 AM
The REAL version is coming out on NOVEMBER 23, so the wait won't be long. Thank goodness for pre-orders. I'm heading to Suncoast to pre-order mine ASAP! :)

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 07:08 PM
I just got an e-mail from Suncoast video to preorder ATOC on DVD. Here is what it says:

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones is heading your way! Releasing on November 12, 2002, you can reserve your copy now. Plus, read exclusive articles and interviews with the stars of the blockbuster movie and the author behind the bestselling book. Suncoast.com is your store for the movies you love!

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
Street Date: 11/12/02
Price: $19.95
Save 33%

Anakin Skywalker has grown into an accomplished Jedi apprentice, and he faces his most difficult challenge yet as he must choose between his Jedi duty and forbidden love. Relive this exciting adventure and reserve your copy today!

DVD Features:
Eight deleted scenes
Director & Actor commentary
Never-before-seen photo gallery
R2-D2 mockumentary trailer
Documentary on digital character animation

Wow, 8 deleted scenes. Sounds cool to me.

jedihunter25
08-21-2002, 07:43 PM
I also recieved this E-mail. But I'll get mine at Walmart at midnight instead of waiting for it in the mail.

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 07:54 PM
I have no intention of buying it from Suncoast either. I'm just excited to know that there are 8 deleted scenes on the DVD. I think I know what a few of them are supposed to be, but not all.

I never got to see the Mockumentary so I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it as well.

Beast
08-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Rogue II, there is a whole thread about the upcoming DVD in this forum. It mentions the official specs list and the deleted scenes. And it's not the entire Mockumentary, it's just the trailer for it. Check the "Attack of the Clones DVD - Official News and Specs!!" thread. Here's a direct link. ;) :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12993

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Oops. Sorry JarJar. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have known you would have the whole story on it.

JEDIpartner
08-23-2002, 08:42 AM
I'm glad that the date got bumped up on this. My last post on this was when it was to be released on the 23rd. I'm happy that we get it a couple weeks earlier! :happy:

scruffziller
08-23-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
Go here (http://www.d9movie.com/dvd/55805025006.shtml) to buy the actual real honest to goodness DVD. I thought to myself, hey no way, but indeed it is. Released in other countries before it is released here from what I have read.

Hey, its only $10 so why not give it a shot right???

It's a bootleg. Will be crappy. Save your money and wait till November.