PDA

View Full Version : Racing a Scalper, and Winning: A Victory Story!

Fulit
06-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Some of you may remember my past rants about a certain local scalper that lives near me, and runs an online shop called K&C Collectibles. Today, we finally got back at this scalper scum, who has beaten us to so many things, and it was so much sweeter becaue he was there to see it!

After taking our son to the doctor, my wife and I decided to stop by TRU because it was in the neighborhood. While pulling in, my wife said, "Look who it is" and pointed, and it was the guy who runs K&C. We know his face and his car, because we have had so many run ins w/ him. I quickly parked and walked in, and this guy literally ran to the door, trying to get in ahead of me. He was too late, I got there first, but there was nothing. He was none too pleased, as if someone had tipped him off, and was taking it up w/ a sales associate, when he noticed me leaving. He ran out the door ahead of me and jumped in his car and took off. I had planned on only checking TRU, but figured he was headed to the local Wal-Mart up the road. So I pulled a few maneuvers and got behind him, and followed him to Wal-Mart. My wife opted to be let out at the door in order to beat him (he was still parking), and got in there minutes ahead of him and found the Qui-Gon, Orn Free Ta, and Mace Windu we have been looking for. He tried to ask her what she was looking for, too, and she wouldn't tell him. He walked up to the register, my wife says, completely loaded with every Luke Bespin, and Vader they had. Good thing we already found those.

Wait, it gets better. Thinking that he would probably next head to the Target up the road, and knowing he would be awhile in WM with all those scalped Luke and Vaders, we hurried over to Target. I was parked and my wife was well in the store before he came screeching in, he looked over and saw me waiting in the car, and practically started running. My wife says she passed him on her way out (his way in), and she was holding the only Nexu and Deluxe Anakin the store had! And to make it even better, she grinned real big at him and whistled! She said he was so friggin mad, he wouldn't even look at her.

Because of my dear wife, who hates scalpers even more than I do, we were finally able to trounce a scalper. Not a scalper, the scalper. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Beast
06-17-2002, 04:28 PM
*Applauds Fulit* Good going man, glad to hear that you and your family stopped that bloody scalper from grabbing his goodies. I hope he went home and cried, because he didn't have anything good he could scalp. Good job to both you and your wife. Both of ya take a Klondike Bar out of petty cash. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
06-17-2002, 04:31 PM
I didn't realize that K&C was a retail-stealing scalper outfit. I'll add them to my "ignore" list. Thanks!

QLD
06-17-2002, 04:34 PM
You should have shot him in the face with a shotgun.

Or, you could:

Tie a big boulder to his feet. Then take him out on a boat in the ocean. Push him over the ledge. If he is not a scalper, he will sink to the bottom. If he floats to the top, he is not a scalper. This should prove very efficient in causing genocide of the entire scalper race on earth!

Beast
06-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
You should have shot him in the face with a shotgun.
Or, you could:
Tie a big boulder to his feet. Then take him out on a boat in the ocean. Push him over the ledge. If he is not a scalper, he will sink to the bottom. If he floats to the top, he is not a scalper. This should prove very efficient in causing genocide of the entire scalper race on earth!
Ouch, that's a little rough! :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
06-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
I quickly parked and walked in, and this guy literally ran to the door, trying to get in ahead of me.

I was parked and my wife was well in the store before he came screeching in, he looked over and saw me waiting in the car, and practically started running.

I guess he ran out of gas after running the first time. I just picture that lard-A comic book store guy from the Simpsons running into a store trying to grab stuff. :D

WORST SCALPER EVER

Fulit
06-17-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

I guess he ran out of gas after running the first time. I just picture that lard-A comic book store guy from the Simpsons running into a store trying to grab stuff. :D

WORST SCALPER EVER

Actually, he's a skinny little guy, which makes him pretty fast. He's no match for my wife, though, who is even smaller, and has worked in hospitals for years, so she's used to hauling a**.

The two things that burn me most about this guy are:

1. He doesn't leave anything for anyone, unless theres so many of them, he can't buy them all.

2. Every figure we found ahead of him today, he already has for sale on his website! He's just out there trying to "reduce the competition" or something. Pathetic.

LTBasker
06-17-2002, 05:51 PM
So he stuck himself with a whole bunch of Lukes and Vaders? LOL, those'll be sitting after awhile.

So in the end he just ended up wasting gas and money. :rolleyes: :happy:

Nice going! :)

Kyo-Kasahara
06-19-2002, 08:35 AM
What is the adress to this K&C?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-19-2002, 04:23 PM
My question is: what'd you do with all those extra figures you bought?

Dooku Fett
06-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Awesome story!

Fulit
06-19-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
My question is: what'd you do with all those extra figures you bought?

???? I didn't get any extra figures. Whatchoo talkin 'bout?