PDA

View Full Version : Collector Clubs???????

MichaelV103
06-17-2002, 04:54 PM
Can someone explain exactly what a collector club is? And how I might be able to start one?
I live in Connecticut and am not aware of any in my area. So if anyone would like to first give me some information and then maybe start one, let me know.
You can post here or email me any info at MichaelV103@AOL.com.

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2002, 05:40 PM
MichaelV, a collector club is a group of fans that can be categorized many ways. I think the most common category of collector and fan clubs are by state or geographic location. There is also a club here for Christians. Also for those who collect variations of the toys.
If you are looking to start one for Connecticut, first check the forums here to see if anyone else has done so. If not, then you are free to do it. Just make a new post and invite fellow collectors in your area to post and start a club. It all goes from there.
Good luck!!

JediTricks
06-17-2002, 06:11 PM
This section is for any group of collectors who want to work together to help each other out without profiting either by selling or trading. Here's basically what clubs here have to follow:

Clubs can be created based either on location OR on what they collect. That's up to each individual club.
Clubs are absolutely NOT for profit or gain, clubs are meant to help everybody in the club further their collections. You join a club to help others, and to be treated the same by your fellow club members.
Anybody can start a club, but it's up to that starter to decide on the club charter, which must follow the guidelines.
Anybody can be invited to join a club so long as they are willing to abide by the club charter and are doing it for the love of collecting and not just hot items which can be resold on ebay for profit. That type of poor behavior lessens the quality of the collector community and puts the whole club at risk of being shut down.
If you come across an item that you strongly suspect someone in your club will want, you can pick up the item and offer it to your fellow club members, who can repay you for the item. Again, this must be done at the item's cost, no profit is to be made off your fellow club members.

EDIT - heh, looks like I took too long looking for those guidelines because JF96 beat me to the punch. ;)

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2002, 07:20 PM
JediTricks, you did alot better than I did. I didnt offer up all the guidelines that he needed to hear. Thanks alot.

r2dee2
06-18-2002, 09:55 AM
ALL the things JT and JF96 said so well.... no need to elaborate any further.....except:)

I belong to one here in Colorado (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/jedicouncil.htm) and we started out with only 4 or 5 people. As we'd talk to people on our toy runs, we'd see if others might be interested in joining. It's been great fun to share our love of SW together and nice to have friends with which to go to the Celebration or other events. Keeping in contact through email, we can see what each of the members are looking for, and if we happen upon those items, be able to pick it up for cost. We keep each other advised as to what things are showing up in our area. Check out the "Look what I've found" area in the forums and see if there are others from your area and start from there, even if it's only 1 person. Good Luck!

MichaelV103
06-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Wow. thanks to all of you for the information. I really appreciate it.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Hey, r2dee2, I checked out your site and I really liked it. Looks like you all have alot of fun at your gatherings.

jdmarlow
07-11-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Hey, r2dee2, I checked out your site and I really liked it. Looks like you all have alot of fun at your gatherings.

I agree with JF96, nice site r2!

r2dee2
07-11-2002, 10:55 PM
Hey thanks guys....SO glad you like my site:)!! It's not "fancy" but I try to put a lot of information helpful to the newer and older collectors alike. Thanks again:)

r2dee2
07-11-2002, 10:58 PM
...and btw....YOU guys both have GREAT sites!!!:D

jdmarlow
07-11-2002, 11:00 PM
R2.....thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it a lot. Nobody has given me much feedback on it yet, so I'm very happy to hear that you like it. thanks!