PDA

View Full Version : More Bespin Luke "Variations"!!!

Jedi Learner
06-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Hey, everyone! Check these "rare" items out! :greedy: Please try to restrain your laughter while you do so. These items are so one-of-a-kind and valuable that you must view them with quiet awe. :zzz:

First off, forget the bloody stump . . .try to find THIS!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1741574310

Hurry! Buy this next one now for $40.00! I assume that's what his "inside source" at Hasbro is telling him it's worth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1741600314

This guy has obviously done his homework! He even knows what percentage of Bespin Lukes were released with each variation! What a fount of infinite knowledge! He should be working for SirSteve's! ;)

I apologize (especially to the sellers of these items) for my drippy sarcasm, but sometimes, you just have to give these scalpers a lot of credit for their creativity! :)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-17-2002, 06:11 PM
:rolleyes:

Adam
06-17-2002, 06:11 PM
Man they are getting desperate.. scalpers that is..

LTBasker
06-17-2002, 06:43 PM
My Wal-Mart has the "rare" 1" dust layer versions. :rolleyes:

Dooku Fett
06-17-2002, 06:46 PM
I put a bid on both of those!!

Oh yeah no I didn't. :rolleyes:

jedi_uk73
06-17-2002, 06:53 PM
They will be classing creased cards as rare soon !!!!!!!!:D

Well maybe not, but that's all scalpers deserve. Knackered Cards.

DarthMushy
06-17-2002, 10:30 PM
Well, my Wal-Mart has the most ultra-rare figure of all. It's a Bespin Luke where the package has been replaced with the Mace Windu package, and the Luke has been replaced by a Mace Windu. I'm planning on selling it for mucho dinero.

tagmac
06-18-2002, 12:52 AM
So now lousy paint jobs count as variations?! Well, guess it's time for me to sell my ultra rare "Yoda with battle-worn ripped sleeve. " Sure, it *looks* like they got sloppy when they paited his hand, but it's actually a very rare version of this figure. Let the bidding start at $50, lol.

hango fett
06-18-2002, 08:34 AM
jeez! what people do for a losy buck! oy! the next thing you know they will have the color of blood on his face LIGHT or DARK red! get a job people!

hango fett
06-18-2002, 10:53 AM
my loose bespin luke has the "bruise" on his hand, but that is just a part of a magnet i think, because if you hold a metal lightsaber to it, it sticks there!! hehe! i have a rare variation! ha. ha.

DarthBrandon
06-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Here's my laughing auction, for sale to the highest bidder I have on Hand : The only Luke Bespin in the World that has Bloody and non Bloody hand, metal and non metal pegs, magnet and non magnet hand, bruised and non bruised face and hand, Blue lightsaber and green lightsaber, lightsaber hilt and attachment and non lightsaber hilt and attachment and any other variation you can think of. This was made one time by Hasbeen, oh I mean Hasbro, LoL. It will be on a custom card made by Hasbeen, Oh sorry did it again Hasbro, showing luke not holding on to the bottom of Bespin's Garbage shute, but falling down the garbage shute. The bidding will start at one million dollars cuzz I know some suckers going to pay for this nice piece of B.S. I just posted.

Being serious for a moment now.

Please people out there, do not buy into this crap that was posted on E-bay. I know you may want a bloody Luke or one with a metal peg, bruised hand etc. If this is the case, buy one regular one like I did and paint his hand/stump bloody etc. This will save you about fifty bucks and cost you only paint supplies expense = about $ 3.00 if you want to do it all like I did. These are paint errors plain and simple and if you want them, pay me and I'll do whatever errors you want for fifty bucks a pop. LOL
These errors will never be worth anything in the long run so the guys selling them will have the last laugh, not us collectors.

pthfnder89
06-18-2002, 06:02 PM
I like how the second guy knows all the percentages of each kind of Bespin Luke and yet he doesn't seem to know that there are three variations (not including his crappy, made up wrist type)

He mentions the regular and the bloody but doesn't seem to know that the nonbloody versions also come in twos types, magnet and plastic peg. What an informed seller:rolleyes:

darthdeogg
06-18-2002, 08:55 PM
That's funny. I found the TRU exclusive with teh super ultra rare TWO INCH dust layer LOL

Count Dooku
06-18-2002, 10:44 PM
That's too much. They simply didn't get enough flesh coloured paint on that micro spot, if anything, it's worth less because its got wear. Scalpers are so pathetic, what a loser that guy is.

TexasHotshot
06-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Actually, MOST of the Luke Bespins that I have seen have the "bruise" on his hand. I thought they all did until I saw this auction.

The past two days I've seen Luke Bespin sitting on store pegs in three different stores and noticed that none of them had the "bruise". So it appears that this is, indeed, another variation.

I do think the seller is playing that one up way too much, though, esp since I've seen many more Lukes with that mark on the hand than ones that didn't

Mace Windex
06-21-2002, 12:28 AM
Everyone,

Look closely at your magnet Lukes! The bruise is YET ANOTHER VARIATION!! I saw this auction on e-bay and thought it to be a fluke but after investigating it I found out that this is a true variation. Some Lukes come with a bruised severed hand! Check all of yours! I looked through three cases of magnet hand Lukes and only found three with the bruised hand.

Beast
06-21-2002, 12:34 AM
The so-called bruise isn't a variation. It only appears on the metal peg in hand version. It's because the plastic is thin in that spot, and on some figures, you can see the silver magnet beneath. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TexasHotshot
06-21-2002, 06:42 AM
I've seen it on multpile bloody hand Luke's as well. Just FYI

Mace Windex
06-23-2002, 09:58 AM
I have yet to see a bloody luke but I saw another Bruised hand Luke. I know some of you think it is just the magnet showing silver underneath. Well, today I went to Walmart and found another case of Lukes. This one only had ONE bruised hand luke and it was a BLUE as can be. It was so blue that it looked like someone went extra dark with the paint. I didn't but it...yet but I might. It's kinda cool.

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 06:58 PM
i still havent found a bespin luke yet let along a bloody stumped one!

Wolfwood319
06-29-2002, 07:32 PM
Some of you people really need to get out more.

"The ultra-rare 'bruised' hand variant!"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Lord Tenebrous
06-29-2002, 07:51 PM
The other day, I saw a CC Obi-Wan with the magnet completely exposed in his palm. Comparing it to Luke's "bruised" wrist, it's the exact same hypnotic-blue color.

If the magnet were a different color, you'd have a different condition to go with it - gangrene, frostbite, plague...

And if it's not the magnet pushing through, it's a piece of metal (as in the bloody Luke's hand)

starwars92570
06-29-2002, 10:05 PM
every one finding Luke and Vader, Windu, Obi Wan and I'm the only who CAN'T find those figures and I'am not paying 10.00 for the figures and paying another 5.00 for shipping when I can just get the figures at Amok Time for that price without shipping! (Not the web site)