PDA

View Full Version : A little advice.

cptpinkerton
06-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Where to start with this collection of Power of the Force/Power of the Jedi collection that currently doesn't exist. I want to keep pretty much everything carded, because I like the way walls of carded figures look, but my question what kind of action should I take toward undertaking this giant task. I'm of the mind that I should knock some of the big more expensive items out of the way first, I'm not particularly into small variations, (boba fett circles and the sort), I'm really only interested in the first version of a figure, and am not sure how complete I want to go either, but I do know that I'd like a nice large collection of MOMC neo-classic figures before I get older and have non-college kid money and a real job, because that's when I'll turn my attention toward the vintage stuff.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm thinking about trying to find and buy a large lot off of someone just to get a start, but again, I'm not in tune at all to what prices are reasonable yet.
Thanks guys
Luke

Turbowars
06-17-2002, 08:20 PM
Well Luke since you are starting so late in the game, buying a collection on ebay would be a good idea. Sometimes you can find a 56 complete carded freeze frame set at a good price, but that US Weequay will run you about $400. The Orange/Green cards are easy to get, but there are some $$ errors and Variations like Gray bread Panda. I could help you with some FF and Green cards at a fair price. When you think about it, there's the OC Short saber long saber, shortsaber long tray, GC, SOTE, EU, FF's, Flashbacks, THX, Canadain square cards, German LPC's, Man the list goes on and on, so you better get started. I'm not bragging, but I have all what I have listed and started in 95 and the age of 20 and I have a friend (JWjunk) that has way more than I do, so we both know a thing or 2 about this crazy hobby. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or e-mail me at TURBOWARS@webtv.net. If not I wish you good luck and the most important thing is to have fun. Oh and POTF2.com is a great place to get a complete list of everything including errors and variations from the 1st release to the last, way better than what's here.

ACPin
06-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by cptpinkerton
Where to start with this collection of Power of the Force/Power of the Jedi collection that currently doesn't exist. I want to keep pretty much everything carded, because I like the way walls of carded figures look, but my question what kind of action should I take toward undertaking this giant task. I'm of the mind that I should knock some of the big more expensive items out of the way first, I'm not particularly into small variations, (boba fett circles and the sort), I'm really only interested in the first version of a figure, and am not sure how complete I want to go either, but I do know that I'd like a nice large collection of MOMC neo-classic figures before I get older and have non-college kid money and a real job, because that's when I'll turn my attention toward the vintage stuff.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm thinking about trying to find and buy a large lot off of someone just to get a start, but again, I'm not in tune at all to what prices are reasonable yet.
Thanks guys
Luke
You probably have to set your objectives first on what kind of collection do you want to have. Carded figures in MOMC condition can cost higher than loose figures. Do you want a complete set of all the figures issued? Would you go for the variants? Going for the more expensive ones might stretch your budget too soon. You should probably look for somebody who's got already a collection that they're selling. Who knows maybe there'll be a couple of gems in the lot. Best of all, have fun and enjoy the experience!

jjreason
06-18-2002, 04:02 PM
I would post on the buying/selling section of this and other collector's sites. There will be someone out there who is selling exactly what you want to buy, or something very close. Try to get a deal on shipping, too, because that can be murder. Do yourself a favour, and look through some old pics. There are many older figures that have been redone, and only suit "completists". Looking at the first of the "new" figures, especially Luke, Leia, and Han Solo - they suck compared to recent versions of the same characters. Good luck!!

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 01:21 AM
Go to a comic book store and just get a list of toys that u'd like to own, then just start purchasing.

Jonna
07-06-2002, 01:26 AM
It all depends on what you like! Are you a white or dark meat man? Main characters or side characters? Aliens or humans? Get what you would most enjoy to have. If you are collecting for the sake of a future investment, don't start with older stuff.

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 03:21 AM
Dont worry about your small collection, mine consists of about a dozen figures.