PDA

View Full Version : Who on these forums said that the Saga carded figures would fit in a Star Case?

Turbowars
06-17-2002, 09:53 PM
I remember before the Saga figures were released some know it all said the Saga figures would fit in a Star Case. Man I'd like to know who that was, because they don't fit. I had to buy the new Star Case 2 for the AOTC figures and now I have about 100 old Cases that I thought I could use. Some people should learn to keep their big mouths shut. I don't understand why they call it the StarCase 2, because it's really the 3rd version of it. It funny to see on e-bay how the sellers of cases are lowering the cost of the cases and raising the shipping costs. the old case is sellig for .99 , 1.15 each and the #2 is seller for 1.39, but the shipping has changed.

Beast
06-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Blame your new home Rebelscum for that information, Turbowars. They were the ones that said that they would. And for your information, most of the figures do fit into Star Cases. Only the figures with the really deep bubbles, do not fit. :)

Febuary 9th 2002:
UPDATE: Star Case Dilemma
Dustin: Wondering if the new Attack of the Clones action figures will fit in your current Star Cases? Well for owners of the 9" long, 6" wide, and 2 1/4" deep version you are in luck. However, due to the depth of the new "standard" bubble size they will not fit into the older Star Case design or the hard acrylic ProTech cases.

*Philip Wise reports that the Acrylic cases he uses (shown here) (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=room/16-1.jpg) are large enough for the new figures with about 1/8 of an inch left to spare.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
06-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Blame your new home Rebelscum for that information, Turbowars. They were the ones that said that they would. And for your information, most of the figures do fit into Star Cases. Only the figures with the really deep bubbles, do not fit. :)

Febuary 9th 2002:
UPDATE: Star Case Dilemma
Dustin: Wondering if the new Attack of the Clones action figures will fit in your current Star Cases? Well for owners of the 9" long, 6" wide, and 2 1/4" deep version you are in luck. However, due to the depth of the new "standard" bubble size they will not fit into the older Star Case design or the hard acrylic ProTech cases.

*Philip Wise reports that the Acrylic cases he uses (shown here) (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=room/16-1.jpg) are large enough for the new figures with about 1/8 of an inch left to spare.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks No smart @ss, I never had a problem with you until now. It was a member here.

Beast
06-18-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
No smart @ss, I never had a problem with you until now. It was a member here.
Yes, it was someone here, that was quoting the information from Rebelscum. I remember the post you were talking about, but dug around the forums for it, and I couldn't find it. Looks like you have the really old, first version of the cases. Since you yourself said that there have been three versions. You don't need to be so rude, when I was just informing you, where the info originally came from. :p :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
06-18-2002, 12:54 AM
No I have the 2nd version and that was the one that everyone said would work. Look you have a way of being rude yourself. I post else where, so be it. Most of the cool guys have gone, but I like these forums anyways, but you always have to put your 2 cents in. You could have left out the rebel crap and given your info, but no, you have to be you. I'm so sick of you guys that think your better than everyone else. I guess you want the forums to have just 2 members you and Stillakid and Jeditricks over seeing things. Thats how it looks with all the comments. Why don't you guys just kick me off if you hate me so much. I come here to have fun, and all you do is try to push me to the crub. Drop it.

Dar' Argol
06-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Ok, OK, Fight nice kids:D.

Turbowars, here's a link to another thread talking about Star Cases. Maybe you saw it in there:

Star Cases? Best figure Cases? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9225)

Now everyone need to take a step back and go cuddle with their stuffed Jabba . . . . . . . . . . . . what, everyone doesn't have one . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .why are you lookign at me like that????:stupid:

Turbowars
06-18-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Ok, OK, Fight nice kids:D.

Turbowars, here's a link to another thread talking about Star Cases. Maybe you saw it in there:

Star Cases? Best figure Cases? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9225)

Now everyone need to take a step back and go cuddle with their stuffed Jabba . . . . . . . . . . . . what, everyone doesn't have one . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .why are you lookign at me like that????:stupid: Finally a guy with a sense of humor. I thought everyone with that went to Rebelscum. I'll glad to see that's not the case.

Beast
06-18-2002, 01:08 AM
Found the original thread, from well before the figures came out, and I was right. Someone had quoted Rebelscum about the ability of Star Cases to hold the new Star Wars Saga figures. How do I know, well...it was me. And trust me Turbowars, I was pretty much just joking with ya. And also trust me, I wouldn't want just JT and Stillakid running the place. I like people that actually like the prequels. ;) :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=38798

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
06-18-2002, 01:13 AM
Oh thanks JarJar your a saint, remember when it was nice to post here with no rude comments, things have changed so much and everyone is on edge.

stillakid
06-18-2002, 01:31 AM
Found the original thread, from well before the figures came out, and I was right. Someone had quoted Rebelscum about the ability of Star Cases to hold the new Star Wars Saga figures. How do I know, well...it was me. And trust me Turbowars, I was pretty much just joking with ya. And also trust me, I wouldn't want just JT and Stillakid running the place. I like people that actually like the prequels. ;) :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=38798

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

:eek:

;)

Beast
06-18-2002, 01:35 AM
I know Turbowars, everyone is on edge and stressed out lately. Part of my stress is from the Tastetesta situation, but hopefully that is calming down again. Don't worry, things will stabalize, we just need to remeber we are here because we love Star Wars. Oh, and hi Stillakid, you know I was joking, right? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
06-18-2002, 01:38 AM
I like people that actually like the prequels. ;) :D

Hey! I like the prequels. I think Jar Jar should have been a Sith though, would have made more sense:D jk JJB

Originally posted by Turbowars
Finally a guy with a sense of humor. I thought everyone with that went to Rebelscum. I'll glad to see that's not the case.

I have a sense of humor??:eek: Wow, that's news to me. I thought I was just being a smart . . . . . . . well, nevermind.
Come here Jabba:happy:

Beast
06-18-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Hey! I like the prequels. I think Jar Jar should have been a Sith though, would have made more sense:D jk JJB
Of course he should have been a Sith, why you think I have adopted the Dark Side of the force. The Jedi are to goodie-two-shoes for my tastes. Evil will always win, because good is dumb. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
06-18-2002, 01:41 AM
I know Turbowars, everyone is on edge and stressed out lately. Part of my stress is from the Tastetesta situation, but hopefully that is calming down again. Don't worry, things will stabalize, we just need to remeber we are here because we love Star Wars. Oh, and hi Stillakid, you know I was joking, right? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Of course! I only get worked up and in a lather when unjustified things are aimed at me. :) It's only happened a couple times in the last 12 months and both were in the last week. And here on SSG. Go figure. I guess I'm due for one more! Then it's clear sailing for awhile...Ahhh.

To the topic, I open everything, so I don't have the level of experience with Star Cases that many others do, but I do have a couple of things that I'm trying to keep nice. The Toy Fair Vader won't fit in the skinnier Star Case that I have, so I'll have to buy one of the deeper ones. That would be the SC2 I believe? :confused: I'm hoping to find a supplier of these in the SF Valley, Hollywood, or Santa Monica area.

2-1B
06-18-2002, 03:47 AM
I don't know what kind of Star Cases I have, but I bought them 2 years ago and they fit every Saga figure I've tried so far and my TF Vader. I'll have to check the name on the back.
I call for a monopoly on this product, so as to end this destructive confusion! :crazed:

CooLJoE
06-18-2002, 05:50 AM
I remember the thread about starcases and yup it was a quote from rebelscum.

Personally I think JJB is a cool guy. I've never seen him post a rude comment to anyone.

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-18-2002, 02:40 PM
:Pirate: dont worry turbo im still here and i have a sence of humor, and i got your back:Pirate:

Turbowars
06-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Ok. here we go again, Yes the Saga figures fit in the 2nd version, but at the bottom, the bubble hits the case. What good is a protector case that wont protect from being smashed? I didn't notice this when I got my preview figures, but I know now. guess if you are only concerned with dust it's not a big deal. To correct the confusion, there's 3 kinds of STAR CASES by PRO-TECT. The frist one was very thin and figures like Commtech Han, Carb Han and Destroyer Droid did not fit. The 2nd version that most of us have, work great for most of the large bubbles, but it still does not work for swimming JarJar, (like I care LOL JK, I do have it) and Toyfair Vader. The 3rd version (why they call it 2, I don't know) that is called the STAR CASE 2 will fit everything, I hope. If Hasbro makes that bubble any bigger I don't know what we will do.

Turbowars
06-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by CooLJoE
I remember the thread about starcases and yup it was a quote from rebelscum.

Personally I think JJB is a cool guy. I've never seen him post a rude comment to anyone. Sure he's a cool guy, sometimes members don't see eye to eye and that's OK. If we all knew everything and agreed on everything, there woud be no reason to be here. It's cool.

stillakid
06-18-2002, 07:11 PM
Sure he's a cool guy, sometimes members don't see eye to eye and that's OK. If we all knew everything and agreed on everything, there woud be no reason to be here. It's cool.

Here here! Just so long as a "disagree-er" takes the time to very accurately attribute the "disagree-ees" :rolleyes: statements to him/her along with any and all proper documentation (read: posts, emails, Private Messages) when an opposing viewpoint is made. It's the only way to avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings. :) Everyone has a unique point-of-view, so it is crucial to the reputations of both parties that full and credible evidence/arguments be put forth up front lest improper accusations be leveled.

Jar Jar typically backs up his statements with well thought out arguments or traceable source material. No one has to agree with his conclusions, but at least he makes the solid effort to put forth a strong case. :)

If Hasbro makes that bubble any bigger I don't know what we will do.

They're in cahoots with the Plastic Industry! Honestly, these bubbles are getting out of hand. Luckily I open just about everything. How on earth do the non-openers store all of this?:confused:

Beast
06-18-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Jar Jar typically backs up his statements with well thought out arguments or traceable source material. No one has to agree with his conclusions, but at least he makes the solid effort to put forth a strong case. :)
Awww, shucks stillakid. You're gonna give me an ego problem. I do my best to do both, but sometimes you can't trust the source material either. I try to not make errors, like in this case, I quoted rebelscum in response to a question, and they ended up being wrong. Stuff happens, I just try to do my best to help the community. Plus I enjoy reading everyones posts, even if I don't always agree with them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Oh thanks JarJar your a saint, remember when it was nice to post here with no rude comments, things have changed so much and everyone is on edge.

I've noticed the exact same thing, especially in the Saga section. It seems that people don't want to come here to discuss things or ask questions they just want to come here to pick a fight. It's ridiculous and childish and it is seriously hurting my enjoyment of this site.

I have deliberately tried to stay away from the Saga section for the last week or so and today I just decided to check in to see what was being said. I'm sorry I did, since I run into two nasty arguments in three threads. I don't really see how you can complain about people being rude when you called JarJar a "smart***" for answering your question, turbowars. Geez, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm sick of this now, I don't know if it is the lack of competent moderators of just a flood of idiotic new posters; but these forums have gone downhill significantly in the last couple of weeks. I'll come back when things become sane again.

Turbowars
06-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

I've noticed the exact same thing, especially in the Saga section. It seems that people don't want to come here to discuss things or ask questions they just want to come here to pick a fight. It's ridiculous and childish and it is seriously hurting my enjoyment of this site.

I have deliberately tried to stay away from the Saga section for the last week or so and today I just decided to check in to see what was being said. I'm sorry I did, since I run into two nasty arguments in three threads. I don't really see how you can complain about people being rude when you called JarJar a "smart***" for answering your question, turbowars. Geez, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm sick of this now, I don't know if it is the lack of competent moderators of just a flood of idiotic new posters; but these forums have gone downhill significantly in the last couple of weeks. I'll come back when things become sane again. Yah maybe you should go and get some fresh air. I called him a smart@ss due to what he said, not that he answered my question. The rebelscum thing keeps coming up and if members want to post in 2 different sites, what's the big deal.

Wooooof
06-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Brett3xmvpfavre
:Pirate: dont worry turbo im still here and i have a sence of humor, and i got your back:Pirate:

This is the goofiest thing I've read here in a long time. So, exactly what are you going to do to the people bashing on your friend turbowars? Dazzle them with your wit? Try thinking about what you are saying before you post it.

JediTricks
06-20-2002, 04:21 AM
To correct the confusion, there's 3 kinds of STAR CASES by PRO-TECT. Not trying to be a snide, but isn't the company's name "Pro-Tech", not "Tect"? I only mention this because some folks might wanna look the company up online or call them via 411.

Turbowars
06-20-2002, 07:45 PM
I think your right, my bad