PDA

View Full Version : Finally find new stuff, and it's my luck...

BlahBlahBlah
06-17-2002, 09:02 PM
...THAT IT'S ALL DAMAGED!

Well, okay, not all of it. I went to Wal-Mart today, and after a long time of not finding anything new, I finally found the Bespin wave! Well, I was ecstatic, and I grabbed a Bespin Vader-- perfect condition. Then I saw a Bespin Luke, went to get it-- and the left side of the bubble, the side with the saber, was crushed! It looked like someone ahd stepped on it. The lightsaber was bent at a 45' angle, and the handle was on the bottle of the bubble. Then I found an FB Jango, also crushed! After I went through the figs some, tho, I found a mint one. Then I found Mace, aso crushed, same way as Luke. His blade had come out of the saber and the peg was broken off.

Now I'm not a MOC collector, and would've gotten them, if the product hadn't been damaged too! Arg!

Darth Narcis
06-17-2002, 10:44 PM
sounds like my area scalper/damager paid a visit to your town!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-17-2002, 11:38 PM
If I was a MOMC collector (I am a carded collector, cards that are mint are desirable, but often I buy ones with imperfections) I'd be patient. I've seen tons of this wave, especially Windu and Vader, at TRU and Wal-Mart. There shouldn't be much of a problem of finding a mint card for any of these figures (maybe the Luke but I have seen quite a few of him).

Vortex
06-17-2002, 11:45 PM
I managed to get the Bespin wave a while back, and now they are just starting to hit some of the suburban stores, and when the stock boy opened the 1st case for me, all the cards were bent, but I bought them anyways. Now that I'm seeing them in other stores, I've checked out the cards and they all seem warped and bent, especially the vaders. I haven't seen damage like the stuff you're talking about, but its odd that its just the new stuff, and why is the bespin wave stuff packed so badly these days.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2002, 12:12 AM
I don't get how some stuff is rare and some isn't. In the cols area, shelves are lined with jango FB, Mace windu and occasionally, i see pegs of Vader and Luke. I guess that's just the brilliant distribution plan of good ole' hasbro!! I scored the Vader/luke the first shipment my WM got in..it was blind lucky really....went in about 3 am or so..now if i can just find that freakin' acklay!!

QLD
06-18-2002, 12:22 AM
I LOVE damaged card figures. Usually, I can talk the store into giving me a discount! It's awesome!

Darth Annexis
06-18-2002, 02:53 AM
I had it out with a Walmart manager about these...he said that they were damaged in shipment...after seeing the whole bunch damaged I believed him...he says that the figures may arrive at the bottom of the truck and have considerable weight on top...this accounts for the uniform crushing of the figs...

Not even F'n scalpers would be that mean....

Just open them.....