PDA

View Full Version : Whats comming in 2003?

Geonosian
06-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Hey everyone?
Whats comming in 2003 from Aotc?
Poggle?
Lama?
Wat?

Jarjar can you help me out!
Thanks!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Hopefully a Poggle.... :rolleyes:

Beast
06-17-2002, 09:50 PM
Only rumors and wishlists exist for 2003. Only thing we know for sure for next year is Aayla Secura: Jedi Knight, Imperial SketchTrooper, and R2-D2: Booster Rockets. Hasbro showed off the designs, and test models of Aayla and mentioned R2-D2 at Celebration 2, but they usually remain very quiet about future plans. Definatly expect more of the AOTC's main charecters, Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Jango. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-17-2002, 10:07 PM
The Cantina and Nightclub 2-packs are coming out next year also, aren't they?

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2002, 10:14 PM
What about that Jango Pilot? Isn't he slated for a little later this year?

Beast
06-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The Cantina and Nightclub 2-packs are coming out next year also, aren't they?
Yep, exclusives for Wal-Mart later this year. Have not heard exactly when they will be released though. Probably Fall most likely, as that's when most exclusives start hitting. :)

Originally posted by JangoFett96
What about that Jango Pilot? Isn't he slated for a little later this year?
Yep, supposed to be in one of the later waves this year. Probably the same ones that have Watto, CloneTrooper Pilot, etc. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

saladin
06-17-2002, 10:25 PM
I hope for A sleezogabonzo or how ever you spell his name, poogle, lama, and more jedi.

Geonosian
06-18-2002, 12:18 AM
Jarjar you said more Anakins Obiwans and Padmes.
Does this mean Anakin with plastic robe?
There must be Poggle Lama!
There just has too.

Lt Kettch
06-18-2002, 07:11 AM
I hope we get some more minor characters, my list of things i really want is: poggle the lesser, Ko Sai, wat tambor, san hill, and maybe the waitress droid from Dex's diner.

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 08:30 AM
We definitely need Poggle and Lama Su. I consider them pretty important characters. I'm sure we WILL be getting some new Obi-Wans, Anakins and Padmes. Hopefully, they will be improvements on the sculpts we have gotten thus far.

hango fett
06-18-2002, 09:50 AM
i want another YODA! we need one of him where he has either a cloth or FULLY removable plastic rode. and he needs to have his legs dissconnected....he HAS 2 legs, not one big one...

Old Fossil
06-18-2002, 11:24 AM
Don't forget the much needed R5-D4 resculpt... ;>

Beast
06-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
i want another YODA! we need one of him where he has either a cloth or FULLY removable plastic rode. and he needs to have his legs dissconnected....he HAS 2 legs, not one big one...
Well, we still haven't seen what the Deluxe Yoda looks like yet. So, hopefully it will make everyone happy. Odd, so close to the release of the figure, that images haven't slipped out. Hasbro is getting better at keeping things under wraps. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
06-18-2002, 12:21 PM
When is it coming out?

Beast
06-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Deluxe Yoda is scheduled to be released in July, with the Deluxe C-3PO w/ Battle Droid. We have seen multiple pictures of the 3PO set, none of the Yoda at all. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
06-18-2002, 01:54 PM
Deluxe Yoda and deluxe Anakin and deluxe nexu and deluxe C-3PO were all supposed to out either june or July. Now it's possible that the C-3PO set will be part of the arena playset deal or something. maybe that's bunkum but either way i guess that the next deluxe sets will ship in July. Hasbro UK haven't even mentioned any new deluxe sets or the Acklay since saying it will hit britain July so....... rule of thumb, America is a month ahead of the UK mostly. Odd things may turn up hee first but in such small amounts that it doesn't really register as a release. by the time everyone has the stuff the month difference is about right.

I'm not too bothered about what's coming next year though. I'm more concerned about getting the stuff that's coming out this year. I've managed to keep up to speed so far but with xmas looming and all I hope things slow down in the fall for a bit. I think we need a hiatus to draw breath and reflect on the whole years worth of stuff from an objective point of view. Can't do that stuck in the middle of a mad rush to get the latest thing, can you?

Beast
06-18-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Deluxe Yoda and deluxe Anakin and deluxe nexu and deluxe C-3PO were all supposed to out either june or July. Now it's possible that the C-3PO set will be part of the arena playset deal or something. maybe that's bunkum but either way i guess that the next deluxe sets will ship in July.
It is bunkum, the person that reported it, didn't even have the Arena Playset in hand. He was going by an e-mail from a friend, who later told him that he was yanking his chain. :rolleyes:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=112286

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 02:02 PM
The Threepio and Yoda Deluxe figures are confirmed for July release. They are on my KEBco order form. :D

Jargo
06-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Yippee eye ay! Y'know, Much as I'd like to own some of this stuff that's coming this year, i really only want the Nexu and Acklay now. I have a thing for beasts at the moment and the figures are losing their appeal.
I was looking at Duke Nukem figures and wondering why such enormous figures were costing me 3.99 when the star wars [s]statues[/s[ figures were so tiny and costing me 5.99. I bought that critter with the brain on it's back and octupus legs. Forget the name but it sure looks good in my arena with the Rancor and the Reek. I'll repain the blue plastic brain to match the skin tones of the figure but the thing is massive and cost less than a star wars figure. Most figures now are larger than the four inch scale and costing less despite using more plastic and having more accessories. Look at the detail in LOTR figures. Amazing! and the troll has a real feel face that really feels real feel. I wish Hasbro would get with the programme and either reduce the cost of the product realistically or give us more for our money. What we get as deluxe figures should by rights be normal figures based on what we get for our money.
I don't want the scale of the figures to change at all just the amount of goodies we get with each one to justify the cost of the darned things. What the hell is the point of the larger blister on the card if half the time it's nearly empty of product? I'm feeling ripped off with these toys and I'm not just saying this to get a reaction. I'm seriously not happy with what hasbro is doing to address the issue of cost. In think I want some answers from Hasbro Inc. Proper answers and not just the PR bull. :mad:

droidekas2
06-18-2002, 03:50 PM
I totally agree with you Jargo, but you know that Hasblow will state and others on this board that it is the price you pay for the rights that had to be obtained from Lucas, blah, blah, blah.
I think it is just greed on the manufactures part.

bigbarada
06-18-2002, 04:21 PM
When you take into consideration how much other, much larger figure lines cost; then SW figures shouldn't cost more than $2 a piece. Sure they are down to $4.77 at Wal-Mart now; but that should be the DX figure price.

In any case I no longer care, my interest in the line is dropping fast. In fact it is nearly non-existant now. The only figures I even want right now are CC Chewie and Ephant Mon, and ours stores over here haven't even gotten in the Orn Free Taa wave yet! I only check these boards in the hopes that there is news that this Saga-joke is being cancelled and we will get back to the quality promised to us in the POTJ line.

Beast
06-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Well, they did pay an insanely large ammount to Lucasfilm, to keep the right to producing Star Wars figures with the Prequels. Better them then someone like Mattel, Toy Biz, or McFarlane getting ahold of it. I'd rather pay the current price which is cheaper than it has been in years, than have had the line switch hands, and had one of the other figure companies change the scale. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-18-2002, 04:29 PM
I remember hearing that Lucas used to take an active part in the approval of the toys back in the early days. He would ensure that the toys were items that he would have liked to play with as a kid and even insisted that Kenner make toy guns when they initially shyed away from it because of all the public hot-air over Vietnam and stuff. It seems that Lucas himself really doesn't care about the toy line anymore and it shows.

BillyJAck
06-18-2002, 05:53 PM
I bet he gets at least 100 of everything they make free shipped to his home or office

Jargo
06-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Iread somewhere that he limits the amount of toys jett can have or something.

Now that i'm reading this thread again i realise that the license is what keeps the price high. it's the same with LEGO, ordinary LEGO sets are fair priced while the STAR WARS LEGO is sky high and way too expensive for most kids. The same type of set in ordinary LEGO would typically cost around 8 here and the equivelent type of set brick for brick is costing more than twice that. It's the same with all the themed movie tie in LEGO. So in one respect I accept that the Star Wars figures have to be a little pricier than non movie tie in figures but i still think there should be more to the package than we currently get. When large items like Ephant mon will cost the same as R2-D2 there should be some concession for sixe but then there's the argument that they cost the same to make due to the cost of tooling at the factory blah blah blah. The sixe makes them more expensive because the work is finer and more difficult to do blah blah blah. The action features cost more to do blah blah bl... hang on, if they stop putting silly action features and gimmicks on the figures they can make more accessories instead and fill the blister with fun you can make youself. If they stiop putting action features and gimmicks on the figures andput articulation in instead they can pack fun you can make yourself into the blister.

How can something as large as the deluxe Luke in bacta tank be costing the same to produce as the deluxe Amanaman? And they both retail at the same price. Surely the Luke set should have cost us three times the amount? How can they say that the plastics used to make the toys is more expensive than it used to be and then put the toys out at retail for proportionally less than we paid for the POTF2 toys? Doesn't that show that the materials being used to make the toys is cheaper? Hmmmmm, maybe I'm getting a little confused here but something still doesn't add up. It's late here now and I'm almost ready to head off to bed so maybe that's it, I'm tired and not thinking straight, maybe if i come back here tomorrow I'll see things better and it'll all make sense to me. Somehow I doubt it though.

Geonosian
06-18-2002, 09:23 PM
I think and hope the secong delux Anakin comes with a plastic robe!!
When are we going to see Delux Yoda pics?
The delux Geonosian should come with that baster that they use in the arena!

Geonosian
06-18-2002, 11:37 PM
This is cool.

Geonosian
06-18-2002, 11:40 PM
This is cool.
www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://rebelscum.com/toys2japan_pepsi2002_poster.jpg

jingofett
06-19-2002, 02:51 AM
WE HAVE? i havent seen no C3po?