PDA

View Full Version : TRU.Com e-mails

Thunderstorm1
06-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Well, today I received several different e-mails from TRU.com saying that the do not see themselves getting any of the new figures in the forseable future. Now these come from the automatic reminders of when something becomes available. Just wondering if any one else received these and if they hold any truth or are they just some computer e-mail glitch.

Just wondering!!:confused:

tagmac
06-17-2002, 11:18 PM
I got a whole bunch today, myself. Worst part is, Palpatine and Djas Puhr were included on that list, so I don't see myself getting them anytime soon. Unless I luck out in the store, although they are the only two I haven't found yet.

Beast
06-17-2002, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't worry about the emails. I am sure they will get more in at a later date. Amazon probably just sent them out, because they don't know when they are going to get them, so didn't want to track all the people that wanted e-mails sent when they got them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RAVAZ
06-18-2002, 12:15 AM
I got them to.

QLD
06-18-2002, 12:18 AM
I got them as well, but I lucked out and ordered Djas Puhr and Palpatine from KB's website. They came the other day. Great figures except for Palpy's lesions.

Bring on the next wave!

Darth Annexis
06-18-2002, 02:54 AM
TRU has never had good distribution on the website...KB is looking good though!

Jedi Drew
06-18-2002, 09:05 AM
I received a TON of E-mails also. This ****es me off that they said that they don't think that they will be getting any in in the near furture. Why advertise something you don't have to sell???

Beast
06-18-2002, 02:14 PM
TRU Email Update (From Rebelscum)

Dustin: More than a few collectors are wondering what the notification emails from TRU/Amazon.com were all about. Does it mean they won't carry the items at all? Will they not sell Star Wars figures for the rest of the year? "The system is set up where notifications like this are sent when enough customers have requested email alerts which fulfill our allocated stock." says a representative from Toys R Us Corporate. "It doesn't mean we won't carry the item. Just that on what stock we expect to receive, we can't guarantee the item will be available based on customer requests from the "E-Mail Me" feature. Therefore, once those have been filled, we list the item as "Out Of Stock" and send out those notifications."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey guys... settle! :rolleyes:

that probably would A) give you cause for alarm, B) annoy the heck out of you, and C) make you want to go and slap the stupid goofs upside the head!