PDA

View Full Version : best non-AOTC saga fig

odi-wan windu
06-18-2002, 02:26 PM
For me, either Luke Bespin or Djas Puhr.

fourtwo
06-18-2002, 02:45 PM
haven't seen any yet. i'd say royal guard cause it could be any of the movies pretty much. except a new hope.

brentfett
06-18-2002, 02:49 PM
I agree Obi Wan Windu, Bespin Luke and Puhr take it by a landslide, UNTIL Ephant Mon comes out!!!!!!;)

Lord Tenebrous
06-18-2002, 02:56 PM
Chewbacca with Electronic Threepio. Useful action feature, great articulation, and he's, well...Chewbacca. :)

Darth Shifty
06-18-2002, 04:32 PM
Djas Puhr, by far.

pthfnder89
06-18-2002, 04:35 PM
Luke Bespin on my books. I got him this weekend finally and he's GREAT!:)

But really, the only reson he beats out the Endor Soldier is becasuse, well, he's Luke and the soldier isn't as exciting of a character. Otherwise I think the Endro Soldier is the best figure in the Saga line.

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Endor Soldier - 10 points of articulation, removeable helmet, backpack, and jacket! Not too bad of a pose either, he looks ok when just standing there, and you could sit him down and it doesn't look like he's trying to fight off mosquitos with his feet and he CAN hold his gun without the rubber band being on there and he doesn't look goofy when you have it so he's holding his gun with his finger in the trigger guard.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 04:43 PM
I vote for the Bespin Luke. He has good articulation and all those cool accessories. I love the Cloud City weathervane. It is perfect for hanging him upside down by his feet like in the movie.
I have the bloody version, but I bought an extra to open. He is by far my fav non-AOTC fig from this line.

JediTricks
06-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Luke Bespin. Endor Reb Trooper is good too, but he's not quite as free-moving as Luke, so he'd only be my 2nd choice. Luke simply has an outstanding array of accessories and lots of articulation.

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Luke is good, but what makes the Endor Soldier very good is no gimmick. :cool:

CrossWizard
06-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Tie between Bespin Luke and Cloud City Chewie.

DeadEye
06-18-2002, 07:05 PM
What's going to be so great about Ephant Mon?

Wooooof
06-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Ephant Mon will only be the greatest Star Wars figure ever created!

I would pick the Endor Trooper, only because I haven't seen the new Chewie yet. Luke and Vader Bespin don't interest me because of that crappy button in their butts.

darthdeogg
06-18-2002, 07:35 PM
My vote is for the bloody version of the Bespin Luke. The bespin Luke in itself is WAY cool, but the red on the hand and arm just looks that much cooler.

-Dan

Old Fossil
06-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Without even seeing one on the pegs yet, I'd have to say Chewbacca. Looks to be the best of the Saga line so far, all figures included.

maul4ever
06-18-2002, 11:02 PM
djas puhr buy just until Ephant Mon comes out. he will be the best of the entire line. but djas puhr is ausome due to him being a bounty hunter. i think the chewie with 3P0 will be great too.

KIDD
06-18-2002, 11:05 PM
chewbacca is one of my favorites but palpatine and djas by far out weigh any other figure

QLD
06-18-2002, 11:17 PM
I would say Luke, but he seems so flimsy to me. So I go with Chewbacca. Great figure!!!!

DarthBrandon
06-19-2002, 06:17 AM
Luke hands down.

187-Maul
06-19-2002, 07:18 AM
according from what I've seen in the stores (I mean way too expensive comic-shops) Luke Bespin till now

DeadEye
06-19-2002, 07:52 AM
But what makes Ephant Mon great?

pthfnder89
06-19-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye

I'm wondering the same thing. I mean the figure looks wonderful so far, but he just doesn't DO anything. That means I probably won't buy him. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to buying Djas Puhr becuse he has a lot more action to him, even though he was as much of a background character and Ephant Mon.

This is the same reason I never bought Ammanaman

Old Fossil
06-19-2002, 01:50 PM
I passed on Amanaman, but I'll definitely pick up Ephant Mon if I can find one. Looks to be a much better figure all around, and I have a soft spot for big paperweight-type figures with little play value. Really.

robman71
06-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Luke Bespin is really good. I also like Djas Puhr, Bespin Vader was not the best.

ChemOx
06-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Chewie by far......out of the ones that I have. May not have all of the accessories that Bespin Luke has.......but man....at retail, I dont think you can get as much bang for the buck as you get with Chewbacca.

Hellboy
06-19-2002, 07:17 PM
I agree with most everyone that Luke Bespin is by far the best and is my overall favorite in the Saga line. I just got Chewie and I am very impressed with the amount of articulation, easily my favorite Chewbacca to date. Haven't found Djas Phur yet but from what I'm hearing he will be cool as well.

Darth Narcis
06-19-2002, 11:49 PM
I think the grenade throwing han is cool. best overall would be the endor trooper.

JediTricks
06-20-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Luke hands down. Was that a pun? :D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Yeah, Luke so far is the best. Chewie looks good also, but since I don't have him yet I'll stick with Luke.

Djas is a piece. It really doesn't look that great and those pistols are totally laughable. They're so flimsy and cheap. I say bring back the sturdier POTF ones or even vintage ones.

Sidiously Darth
06-20-2002, 05:28 PM
I'm going to ride the fence and say I like them all. Bwaa Haa Haa Haa Haa Haaaaaaa!:crazed:

Thunderstorm1
06-20-2002, 05:34 PM
I like Darth Vader Bespin

Mountaineer Jedi
06-20-2002, 08:42 PM
I've got to go with the new Bespin Luke. I would have loved to have had a figure like that when I was a kid. But I guess I am still a kid, a 31 year old kid, but who cares.

bigbarada
06-21-2002, 12:26 AM

Well, he sits there and.....um.....well....... while he is sitting there he can...uhhh......hmmmm.... okay, he just looks too gosh darned cool and according to EU he can ride in a speeder! Can you imagine that big chunk of face trying to crawl into a speeder, much less drive one? :crazed: Aside from being a big useless paperweight of a figure, he is #1 on my all-time most wanted figures list!:cool:

As for my favorite of the OT Saga figures already released, I would have to pick the Endor Trooper (until I can get a good look at CC Chewie). Why the Trooper? Well, as a kid I always loved SW and GI Joe and this figure is the closest we will ever come to having a Star Wars-GI Joe figure, and what a cool figure he is! And he only has two less points of articulation than the GI Joe:ARAH figures and he doesn't look half as goofy as they tend to!:happy:

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 01:21 AM
A plus on the Endor Soldier is a place to hang his helmet on his pack! If you slide the chins trap into the handle looking piece on the pack and slide the strap down, the adjuster piece on the chin strap (they even sculpted that, yes) with latch on and the helmet can securely hang there. It's pretty cool, and it looks natrul, I suggest placing so the "bill" of the helmet is pointing upwards.

chubbychicken
06-27-2002, 06:04 AM
bespin luke skywalker

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 09:13 AM
vader but luke would come a close second and trailling third (2 way tie) is Djas Puhr & chewie.

aceguide
06-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Luke is very cool. His Vader counterpart is a little lacking.

Looking for Chewie. Have high hopes for him.

I am pleased with all the Saga figures so far. Tough call...

plo koon 200
06-27-2002, 12:28 PM
epahnt Mon is the best from what I saw at C2. He is jsut awesome. I don't care i he can;tdo anythig he is just the best. Luke may come in at second but he is nowhere close to first.

Darth Annexis
06-27-2002, 01:14 PM
What's going to be so great about Ephant Mon?

Well...he'll be a big peice of plastic with a shoddy paint job...a figure any one would covet......

IF YOU'RE INSANE THAT IS....

Hasbro has much more character stock to produce rather than a character that has one second of screen time and no lines....how lame!