PDA

View Full Version : RE-issues RE-diculous

aikman
06-18-2002, 02:57 PM
I just heard about the REissues of 12" booush /han carbonite.

REcently they announced the REissued luke fx xwing(dagobah one).

The cantina exclusive section figures are REdone figures.

Countless of virtually the same lukes from the past.

I wish id started collecting this line today so then id know which items not to bother getting because they are REdoing at least half of the stuff already REleased.

Am I the only one that hates this?

The trick is that they make the newer one just a little bit different or better and that does it.

How about this hasbro, let me sell back the older versions that I already bought and exchange it for the newer version.
Sound fair hasbro? No? Of course not, Well how do you think the fans feel getting almost fooled into buying the same figure/ship multiple times.
Do it right the first time and stop juicing me!!!

Beast
06-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Not everyone bought the almost $100 3-pack at KB, so they could get the only real new figure in the bunch, Leia Boushh. Plus she will likely have a better headsculpt, and an improved costume. I am betting that the carbonite block, is going to just be a solid block, maybe with some lights? :)

As for the X-Wing, the original POTF2 one is to small, and the Power FX version isn't reallly a toy. You can't put a figure into it, the R2-D2 is hardwired, and it's to heavy for alot of kids to play with. The new version is cool, can hold a pilot, and comes with R2-D2: Dagobah Swamp and Luke's Supplies. :)

You haven't even seen the Cantina figures yet, so it's a little early to start complaining. The only one to really complain about would be Greedo, as he finally got a decent sculpt in the Commtech POTF2 line. Ponda Baba will be great, if he comes with a removable arm, and if they fix all the mistakes with the first Momaw Nadon figure, I will be happy. Plus we are finally getting Kitik Keed'Kak. :D

The Luke's got a bit out of hand, but most of them are good. Plus, he's a main charecter, and he wears that outfit thru 90% of ANH. So, kids want that version of him, and instead of re-shipping the same one, over and over again, they released different versions. I can't wait for the version with the Landspeeder, especially if it comes with his Poncho. :)

It all comes down to the fact, that if you don't want it, and don't like it. Then don't buy the figure. But alot of people like new versions of the main charecters, as long as it's a signifigant difference. Luke: Tattooine Outfit got out of hand a little, but all of them are different, and some are good for some scenes, and not for others. And you can't even consider the first few POTF2 Luke's decent figures anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
06-18-2002, 03:20 PM
It's all about money aikman, If you or I, or anybody with brains were running Hasbeen Oh I mean Hasbro, then we would be making all figures with excellent articulation, sculpt, paint, bendable knees, arms, holsters for guns, lightsabers with removable blades, hilt attachment for lightsabers, removable cloaks made out of cloth and need I say more. They just don't get it and in the end the line will die out like TPM. Just when I thought POTJ was making headway/progress, they go and screw things up again.
Oh well I guess that's what thought did. In the end who needs forty Lukes or Vaders. One of each done just right suits me.
Anyways I hear Ya.

aikman
06-18-2002, 03:20 PM
You made my point for me.

Every re release is better and better.
Every rerelease is ''the definitive one"
If I knew they would keep rereleasing newer ones , I would wait.
But you dont know that until you already get the current issue.

How many more are they goping to 'improve' the old stuff with slight tweaks for no reason but to juice people.

Make the still unproduced stuff first before you start tweaking the old.

If I knew in advance that they are going to in 2 years resculpt every figure and ship, id not bother getting the current stuff and just wait ...

aikman
06-18-2002, 03:22 PM
AT-st with speeder and EXCLUSIVE ewok
now how many people actually bought that just for the ewok,
i bet a bunch.....

Beast
06-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Not everyone into Star Wars now, bought the 1995 AT-ST. It also was the first vehicle discontinued in POTF2. It was out around a year, before Hasbro quit making it. That was 6-7 years ago, and the POTF2 AT-ST goes for alot on the secondary market. Hasbro was trying to make people that missed it originally happy. More people would have been complianing, if they just re-issued the exact same version, again. The new one also has a better Endor Paint Job, and the Speeder Bike doesn't have the blow apart feature.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aikman
06-18-2002, 03:38 PM
RE:Not everyone into Star Wars now, bought the 1995 AT-ST.

Response:So at that rate just rerelease everything every year so everyone has a chance to get one. Collectability will be zero, but I dont have an issue with that, some will...I never had a chance to pick up an outrider so they should rerelease that too, why stop there, every figure I never got should be rereleased also, would be nice but not realistic

RE:More people would have been complianing, if they just re-issued the exact same version, again. The new one also has a better Endor Paint Job, and the Speeder Bike doesn't have the blow apart feature.

Response:
I disagree, if it was one they already had they wouldnt buy it, if they didnt have it, they would buy it (win/win to me)

How long before another new falcon comes out, this one will have the exclusive drain your bank account feature

fourtwo
06-18-2002, 03:49 PM
aikman is just bitter. there were several posts of a similar style a while back and i asked him if he was happy with anything hasbro does and he proceeded to tell me how he doesn't want to kiss hasbro's butt or something and made some shots at me personally for my time. let him be mad and not buy the stuff then. who cares.

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 03:52 PM
I'm not in it for collectability, so I don't care. I just want them to mess around with. They're fun toys.

You make it sound like everyone is forced to buy every piece of product. If you want to and can... great. If you can't (like me and countless others) we just pick up the pieces that interest us the most. I have the vintage Falcon and see no need to get an updated version. I bought the AT-ST because I didn't have one yet. I'm glad I didn't have to pay some ridiculous price for it.

aikman
06-18-2002, 03:52 PM
uh oh, watch out I better get some nerd repellant
LOSERs unite!

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 03:56 PM
that was classy.

bigbarada
06-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Okay, editing some of my argument back in, I originally deleted it because of aikman's childish "you don't agree with me, then I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude:

In a nutshell, re-issues were a staple of the vintage line and only stopped recently in 1998 with the Flashback series of figures.

If you are so intent on saving money, then just wait until the line is cancelled and then pick and choose which ones you want. You'd save money in the long run. Apart from that, unless you are a completist who really cares?

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 04:01 PM
precisely my point Barada! Kenner knows that there are a few individuals who will buy things over and over, but most of us take one shot at the product and are done with it.

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The new one also has a better Endor Paint Job, and the Speeder Bike doesn't have the blow apart feature.

Yeah, but the bike was made of rubber. :rolleyes:

Some reissues are good, and we DO need a new Greedo. :happy: The CTC version while great for the Cantina "sitting" dio, was horrible for a neutral version to buy multiples of for a Mos Eisley/Mos Espa dio. :(

Reissues like the upcoming Maul and the last Qui are bad though, just flat-out unneeded. It's just beating a dead Opie with an atlatl. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 04:19 PM
I am glad they re-did the AT-ST, because I was unable to get one when they were first released. I think it is a great toy and I love it.
I also wanted the KB 3 pack with Han, Boushh Leia, and Luke, but I couldnt afford it. Now that they are considering a new sculpt of the Leia Boushh, I am excited. I will definately buy that one.

fourtwo
06-18-2002, 04:25 PM
i just recieved an "abusive" private message from aikman. looks like someone can dish it out but can't take it.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Just ignore it fourtwo. Some people are just like that. If it gets really offensive though, I would report it.

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 04:31 PM
I was thinking more about the 12" Han & Leia. I think it's a great idea.

I remember hearing about the TARGET Han and not knowing when it was out and then realizing I couldn't afford it and I remember also staring at the KB 3-Pack in a store and being mad because of it's over-price. I'm sure I wasn't the only one, this gives a chance for everyone not have to run around the net franticly supporting scalper prices to get this stuff to complete their 12" collections because they couldn't find or afford them when they came out.

Beast
06-18-2002, 04:31 PM
I guess that he only wants his opinion to count on the message boards. :rolleyes: Makes alot of sense to post on a message board your opinions, if you are going to get all cheesed off if people don't agree with you. Kids want the main charecters that they see in the movies, so Hasbro will alwasy make new versions of them available. :)

If Hasbro didn't make new versions of the figures, we would still be stuck with the craptaculer original He-Man POTF2 sculpts. Be happy that they have fixed all those figures with new versions. And I would rather they re-sculpt then just re-issue stuff. Just look at the stuff from the start of the POTF2 line, for proof of why re-sculpts are better. Or do you prefer the he-man sculpts? :p :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-18-2002, 04:33 PM
It's really sad that someone has to resort to insults to make his point. I bet if we were discussing this in person aikman wouldn't be so quick to throw out all the abusive remarks for fear of someone popping him in the nose. The mark of a true coward.

He's just a child, fourtwo, so just leave him to his childish ways.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Just ignore it fourtwo. Some people are just like that. If it gets really offensive though, I would report it.
Let me add something to my previous post. Fourtwo, I would go ahead and report it actually. If you say his message to you was abusive, then SS needs to know. Every forum here has a sticky thread at the top that tells us to respect other forum users. Obviously he isnt doing that. No one deserves to be harrassed on here, so I would let SS know.

pthfnder89
06-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

If Hasbro didn't make new versions of the figures, we would still be stuck with the craptaculer original He-Man POTF2 sculpts. Be happy that they have fixed all those figures with new versions. And I would rather they re-sculpt then just re-issue stuff. Just look at the stuff from the start of the POTF2 line, for proof of why re-sculpts are better. Or do you prefer the he-man sculpts? :p :rolleyes:

Exactly.

I LOVED the original POTF2 Bespin Luke . Up until the POTJ line he was still one of my favorite Star Wars figures ever. Great details and a good likeness and lots of fun to play with.

I just got a Bespin Duel Luke and now HE is one of my favorite figures ever. Everything that I loved about the original has been improved upon to the nth degree!

So I have no problem with Hasbro deciding to redo figures from the past, as long as they do them well. Advancements in technology and Hasbro being in a better place financially allow them to do things much better than they did originally and the ones who benefit from that are us, the consumers. :)

fourtwo
06-18-2002, 06:15 PM
i don't feel the need to snitch on him for calling me a nerd in private messages. it was good for a laugh. its nearly as amusing as the "i'm gonna beat you up" thing i've gotten from time to time usuing "the net".

certain individuals feel the need to dump on everything and everyone to get there kicks and if thats the case with this kid then i feel sorry for him. i'm not gonna give it another thought.

Jargo
06-18-2002, 07:51 PM
The whole point of re-issues is that up until the new movies there was a need to put a core character in every wave. For some reason. Something to do with recognisable characters leading to background characters on a display probably. The non observant purchaser may only go in for the core characters like Luke and then spot a different background character they may not have seen in the movie. if there were no core characters to say this is from star wars they may not have such an interest in the background character they don't recognise. By having the recognisable characters in a wave a person can see that all the charactersare in some way connected and may be fooled into purchasing more than they intended to in the first place. Something like that. There's a psychological reason to it anyhow. Plus a financial reason of course. You want people to buy the things but the lack of those recognisable characters may mean people passing the store display without glancing at it once. With a recognisable character hanging there a person will be drawn in by what they see and recognise as recognisably recognisable :)

I got a little lost there for a second. You take what I'm trying to say though, right?

There's also the advances in toy making technology which allows toy makers to redo the product as a better model with finer detail and better features like the bicep cut on the arms and the knees and the smaller weapons etc. Fabric details that none of the POTF2 figures had. A much more detailed head sculpt that achieves a better likeness to the actor. All these things are reasons for re-issuing. And not forgetting the distribution factor. The AT-ST for example was very hard to find for many people when originally released so a re-release allowed more people to get their hands on one. Some re-issues are good.

Wolfwood319
06-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Isn't this "aikman" the same jackass who bought 42 memberships to the fan club just so he could get 513 TF Vaders?

And you wonder why star wars "fans" get stereotyped the way the do?

Let this ******* cry baby ***** all day long. He's lucky he's not hunted down in the streets by a lynch mob, for being such a worthless waste to society.

Wooooof
06-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Isn't this "aikman" the same jackass who bought 42 memberships to the fan club just so he could get 513 TF Vaders?

And you wonder why star wars "fans" get stereotyped the way the do?

Let this ******* cry baby ***** all day long. He's lucky he's not hunted down in the streets by a lynch mob, for being such a worthless waste to society.

Yeah! And that goes double for me!

:D

513 TF Vaders??? **ahem coughcough**scalper**coughcough**

fourtwo
06-18-2002, 10:00 PM
513? i only want one or two.
two preferably so i could open one.

maul4ever
06-18-2002, 10:59 PM
HEY nobody is making anyone buy all these toys. you buy them beacuse you like them. i personally have both at-st's. they both are different and the new ewok is cool. if you dont want to buy it then dont. do me a favor and quit complaining about it.

QLD
06-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Aikman is one of a couple of new people who only post negatively. They never have anything positive to say, and their posts are not enjoyable to read. In fact, when I see them, I say, Oh great. Sometimes, I think I am a jerk, and then I see people here like that, and I feel much better about myself.

WesleySr
06-19-2002, 01:36 AM
Amen, I totally agree maul4ever, noone is forcing anyone to buy every toy that comes out (except my addiction!!). These are toys, get over it. I mean I think they could do alot better to satisfy the collectors, but that's another post : ) .

aikman
06-19-2002, 08:22 AM
actually I think its really sad that some no life would post his pathetic personal assessment of my collecting habits rather than respond to my post.
That is indeed class, I can stoop to your level and start every post you leave with a personal attack , but I choose not to, I answer it.
Gonna go tell your mamma what the bad people online did to you ? Be a man.

aikman
06-19-2002, 08:25 AM
Wolfwood, what the hell are you talking about?

The better question is are you the same jackass that buys 400 obi wan figures for the 300 dioramas he is 'planning to make someday'
Get a grip

maul4ever
06-19-2002, 08:26 AM
hey Aikman
i think you should take your whining somewhere else. i did not attack your collecting habits. i merely said nobody is making any of us by the toys. no one really wants to read your posts when all you do is cry about what hasbro is doing

aikman
06-19-2002, 08:30 AM
No Barada, a true coward is you , who is trying to flex their muscles now?
Anytime fatboy...

BlahBlahBlah
06-19-2002, 09:38 AM
This guy needs to be booted like jingofett.