PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Maker Guy Petition and Website

OCB
06-18-2002, 04:43 PM
The man, the myth, the legend, now has his own personal website and petition to get him made into plastic form. Jabba, bah, Poggle the Lesser, no match for ICMG, this will be forwarded to Hasbro. If we are lucky, he will be made someday. It worked for Prokins, it worked for Wuher, it worked for Tessek it can now work for Ice Cream Maker Guy

Not sure who Ice Cream Maker guy is??? Check it out here:

http://www.geocities.com/ocb75

Or go to the petition directly:

http://www.petitiononline.com/icmg/petition.html

Thanks for your support :D

We will get this done, one way or another :D

Forhekset
06-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Heh....talk about a guaranteed pegwarmer, if he ever were made. I'd rather see the Tonnika sisters. :p

Rogue II
06-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Nope. I won't sign that petition. There are MANY more important figures to get.

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 05:37 PM
I dunno, he could be a good figure... a Bespin tech, c'mon, we need him!!!

Actually I want more Ewoks before figures like that. :)

Darth Shifty
06-18-2002, 05:46 PM
That was funny stuff, I needed that.

BoShek
06-18-2002, 09:18 PM
I want one!

Old Fossil
06-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Looks like he's indulged in a little too much BespinBerry ice cream... that jumpsuit's stretched to its limits.

MikeAndTheBots
06-18-2002, 10:02 PM
I beat hasbro makes him before a GOOD Jedi Knight Luke, a GOOD Jedi Kyle Katarn, or a General Reikan (SP!!!).

joe-da
06-18-2002, 11:38 PM
I'd like to see him, but maybe as a two-pack with an ugnaught, guard, pilot or something...

maul4ever
06-19-2002, 12:10 AM
i would rather see a band of rodians before that figure. but honestly i would really like to see a judo kast figure.

QLD
06-19-2002, 12:15 AM
I'm all for any new figures

OCB
06-19-2002, 09:37 AM
First, to all of Ice Cream Maker Guys detractors, there are many reasons why you need to sign this petition...

#1 This very well could be a Cloud Car Pilot without his helmet, by signing you may very well be ushering a new sculpt of the vintage version

#2 Sad to say the Star Wars saga is not very ethnically diverse and for the most part this is reflected in the Action Figures we do have, this would be a great opportunity to bring some diversity to the line

#3 Come on guys it is the Ice Cream Maker Guy, this is what Star Wars is all about, especially to us the over obsessed, over compulsive fans, cripes we have figures of Pote Snitkin and Porkins the Fat X-Wing pilot, why not the most obscure of the obscure, the one the only Ice Cream Maker Guy. Just the fact that we the fans could get this done speaks volumes to our loyalty to the line. Lets get it done!!!

#4 He's funny

lunchymeatball
06-19-2002, 09:43 AM
I will only buy if he comes as a pack in with ice cream cloud car van that really plays "greensleaves":D

Do ice cream vans in other parts of the world play "greensleaves"?

mrmiller
06-19-2002, 11:36 AM
The Ice cream Truck/Van in my neighborhood playes the "entertainer" I think. Oooh, I smell a variation if ICMG (Ice Cream Maker Guy) gets made.

Thats funny dstuff OCB. Welcome to the forums.

=MATT=

lunchymeatball
06-19-2002, 11:38 AM
On the back it should display....
"Mind that Ugnaught"
:D

OCB
06-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by mrmiller
The Ice cream Truck/Van in my neighborhood playes the "entertainer" I think. Oooh, I smell a variation if ICMG (Ice Cream Maker Guy) gets made.

Thats funny dstuff OCB. Welcome to the forums.

=MATT=

Thanks for the welcome, but I have been here (at the old forums) on and off since 1998 I believe...just don't post much here anymore ;)

mrmiller
06-19-2002, 11:48 AM
I just welcome the comic insight, since most of the posts are crying and complaining. I like heated discussions, but most are reduced to whining.

I can always use a good chuckle.

=MATT=

stillakid
06-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Why not sign? Afterall, we need background characters to fill up our Cloud City playse...er, um....maybe the ...hmm...there was that....no, that was something else....hmm.

Well, I signed anyway. :rolleyes:

aharry
06-19-2002, 01:20 PM
How many flavors will he come with? 31 maybe?:D

ChemOx
06-19-2002, 05:01 PM
at this point, just to something new on the shelf everytime I go to Kmart, TRU and WM, I would go for it.....I would probably start crying if I were to see him on the shelf besides Kit Fisto, Padme Arena and Zam Wessell

OCB
06-19-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
I just welcome the comic insight, since most of the posts are crying and complaining. I like heated discussions, but most are reduced to whining.

I can always use a good chuckle.

=MATT=

Glad I could be of service, that is kind of the whole point, and to rally the collector community around something fun. Ice Cream Maker Guy is just the ticket ;)

OCB
06-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Over 100 signitaures in 2 days, wow, keep it coming people ;) I scream, You Scream, We all Scream for Ice Cream Maker Guy

BillyJAck
06-20-2002, 04:34 PM
Hermi Odle would eat the ice cream maker guy for lunch BRING ON HERMI ODLE and more fROM JABBA's palace and the skiff. How do they know thats an ice cream machine could very well be his portable toliet training device. He just got off the diapers. He's running in the scene so I figure its related to his getting off the diapers somehow. lol

billy

Darth Sidious
06-20-2002, 06:10 PM
He sounds very "1337". I'd like a figure of him. I hope they put "Ice Cream Maker Guy" on the card, too. That would be great. I signed. Hmm...Can anyone guess which signature is mine? lol

Darth Cruel
06-20-2002, 07:42 PM
All the main figures will eventually be made. And the more the merrier! You bet I signed it!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-21-2002, 12:13 AM
Maybe they can make him a deluxe figure and pack-in an actual pint sized ice cream maker that makes actual ice cream. I'd buy it in a jiff then!

Just think at last we can be extrinsically rewarded for buying these figures!

BillyJAck
06-21-2002, 01:29 AM
I still think it could be a toliet training device to help him off the diapers :P not a Ice cream maker...I will be soo ticked if this figure gets made before HERMI ODLE, SGT. DOALLYN, IMPERIAL DIGNITARY. BUT HE'S WELCOME AFTER THEM AND THE REST OF MY ROTJ LIST IN THE DEAR HASBRO FORUM

billy

PygmyAllosaurus
06-21-2002, 02:30 AM
His card in the Decipher Star Wars CCG was "Tibanna Gas Miner", so I guess that's what they'd call him if he ever does get made. I'd buy him.

Beast
06-21-2002, 04:00 AM
Please, no silly lightsaber. He's not a jedi, he's just a simple Tibanna Gas Miner. Here is a copy of his Decipher card. According to it, his name is Willrow Hood. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

lunchymeatball
06-21-2002, 05:04 AM
Maybe if they do make him they would be obliged to make the ice cream maker as an accessory.
Then Hasbro are going to look at the playability of an ice cream maker accessory and think............................................. ............

"Hmm looks kinda dull what can we put in with this guy. Wait I know Force Lightning, If we make it so it wraps around the ice cream maker the kids are going to go wild"

Come on Hasbro make this guy just for the cool ice cream maker with force effects:crazed:

Quick the Stormtroopers are coming women , children and ice cream makers frst:D

OCB
06-21-2002, 09:52 AM
Thanks all for supporting this petition if you have signed, again, if you haven't had a good laugh in a while I suggest checking my website...

Ice Cream Maker Guys Official Site (http://www.geocities.com/ocb75)

And here is a direct link to the petition

Ice Cream Maker Guy Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/icmg/petition.html)

A little history, this all started over on the Rebelscum boards last week when some brought up the fact that some book says Plo Koon has a force power to shoot ice from his hands :crazed: I then came up with the backstory for ICMG that Koon was behind ICMG's training int he frozen arts...

Many other sites have picked up on the trend and it has snowballed from there.

Yakface (http://collectibles.echostation.com/)
Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com)
Artoo's News (http://www.artoosnews.com)
The Jawa (http://thejawa.com)
Death Star Plans (http://www.deathstarplans.com)

And my personal favorite Red6

Red6 (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/)

Again thanks for your support ;)

OCB
06-23-2002, 02:37 PM
Over 400 people have spoken in just under a week!!! Thank you to all of you have signed this silly petition...its a fun hobby that we all share and I hope I brought a smile to some of your faces :)

Jayspawn
06-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Make the guy with the ice cream maker Hasbro! I'll buy a few of him. I think he's one of those beyond obscure characters that people would really dig.

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by kitfistosithlord
Hasbro does not read forums! this is not a good forum anyways. And hasbro has better things to do!

1. I do believe they have said they have.
2. This is a good forum, it's just you have misused it.
3. Yeah, they have better things to do like come up with the next figure to gimmickize.
:rolleyes:

DarthBrandon
06-24-2002, 03:01 AM
Let him have it LTBasker.

Beast
06-24-2002, 03:06 AM
Hasbro does not read forums! this is not a good forum anyways. And hasbro has better things to do!
1. Hasbro has already said they browse some online forums. They are not allowed to reply though, because if they make somthing that someone suggested, that person could go after them, saying that their idea was stolen.

2. This is and was a great forum. If you don't like it, don't continue to use it, or misuse it as the case may be. You haven't even been here very long, so I think you don't have much of a right to say this place isn't any good.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-24-2002, 03:23 AM
sure it is, im saying that its not a good place to look for ideas, this is just new figures and BS i make up( well like 40% of it)
That's not what you said, what you said was this wasn't a good forum anyway. You are right about the BS though, you seem to spread alot of it, trying to cause people to get upset. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
06-24-2002, 03:33 AM
Someone needs grow up and it isn't any of the following JJB's,B, or LTB'R. Someone who won't be mentioned by name, but his username starts with K and ends with D.

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 03:42 AM
"Laughs" for you, which are quite immature, because it's annoying to the other forumites who are following the rules and still making interesting topics for conversations. Haven't really seen anything "boring".

DarthBrandon
06-24-2002, 03:51 AM
Here's a suggestion kitfistosithlord, why don't you find some other place to bs and create Chaos and leave us to discuss things in a mature fashion. There are manny other chat room's and forums out there for you to do your worst, if that's what you like to do. If you want to stay and play with the big boys and girls, then start acting like one.

Beast
06-24-2002, 03:56 AM
Thanks, so much, i admit i bs around some times, but thats for fun! And there is no fun at a lil boring forum! So i create Chaos and laugh, thats what my charcter does
Bsing isn't fun, especially when it's distracting and annoying to the people that are trying to talk about Star Wars. There was plenty of fun here for us, if there wasn't we wouldn't be here. One last thing, this isn't a roleplay forum, if you want to create chaos with your "charecter" go find an RP forum somewhere. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yoda'sMaster
06-24-2002, 05:55 PM
kitfistosithlord your a piece

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-24-2002, 10:28 PM
who wants a toy of a guy who is in the movies for like what 5 minutes not even....

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 10:33 PM
He's in the movie for actually about 1-2 seconds. Djas Puhr's head is just seen for a half second. ;)

Dar' Argol
06-25-2002, 12:18 AM
sure it is, im saying that its not a good place to look for ideas, this is just new figures and BS i make up( well like 40% of it)

Did I not say to you about playing by the rules??? If you don't have something of note to contribute, then don't make stuff up! There were a few Mods who wanted you banned immediatly as soon as you surfaced, a few forumites too. But I, and it seems SirSteve as well, have givin you a second chance. Do not make me regret that decision.

QLD
06-25-2002, 02:13 AM
Can I force choke him if he messes up again?

OCB
06-26-2002, 01:10 PM
The petition passed 500 signatures last night, all within a week!!! If we keep this up we may pass 600 by 2003 ;)

anarky
06-26-2002, 01:21 PM
only if he comes with a reissue of the old snoopy sno-cone machine

i'd rather have a collection 1 "jar jar binks: bantha poodoo victim" figure with foot-scraping feature than this

OCB
07-01-2002, 10:48 AM
Wow, over 550 signatures, thanks!

Is anyone going to WizardWorld this weekend and would want to bring along a petition form to pass around for me???

lmk...

ocb75@yahoo.com

OCB
07-08-2002, 02:36 PM
More Ice Cream Updates...

First from Hasbro's Q&A from Wizard World

Q: Are you guys aware of the petition to make a Bespin Ice Maker Guy Figure?

Andy: We're getting pretty obscure when it come to the Bespin Ice Cream Maker. That's about as obscure as you can get. We do keep an eye out at what people are saying, and as Mark mentioned before, we really do care. We do keep our ears to the ground, so to speak, and our eyes on the internet to see what people are saying about different things, and we'll take it under consideration. To be honest, we may hear a petition for one thing which may or may not be into consideration, but it's always nice to hear what people want to see. That may help something get into the next Fan's Choice selection, where we really get a good idea about how many people want to see it. It's pretty obscure with that Ice Cream Maker Figure. I don't know if we can find enough reference. (laughter)

Next from the Custom Alliance a Custom ICMG from Dan Curto

Custom ICMG (http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/willrow.asp)

Now 637 people have signed on to the petition, keep it going and spread the word!!!

Thanks!

billfremore
07-08-2002, 02:46 PM
REPORT:

Just found:
Ice Cream Maker guy with no Ice Cream Maker variation.

The collecting market goes wild!

Count Dooku
07-08-2002, 09:07 PM
I can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to this thread. This figure should never ever be made. This is going to far and is way to obscure. What will it say on the package "Ice Cream Maker Guy", wow that is just great. All crediblility in Star Wars would be vanished if they produced this nobody.

rynobot
07-08-2002, 11:45 PM
OCB would you sue Hasbro if they made this figure? Maybe they would settle by giving you one of every SW item they made.

AdmiralPiett
07-09-2002, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Wars vs. GI Joe two-pack:
Ice Cream Maker Guy vs. Ice Cream Soldier

And yes, there really is a GI Joe named Ice Cream Soldier. Check out his filecard:
http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/94/icecreamsoldier_big.shtml

Piett

OCB
07-09-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Count Dooku
I can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to this thread. This figure should never ever be made. This is going to far and is way to obscure. What will it say on the package "Ice Cream Maker Guy", wow that is just great. All crediblility in Star Wars would be vanished if they produced this nobody.

If you didn't buy any of the following figures:

Porkins
BoShek
Wuher
Coruscant Guard
Any alien who had as muchb screen time as ICMG did (Amanaman, Duros, Lak Sivrak etc etc)

I may lend some credence to your complaint, however, my point in this is that if they can make any of the above, why not Ice Cream Maker Guy, he is unique, funny and interesting looking, for me it is the list above and things like an Ice Cream Maker in The Empire Strikes Back which makes the Saga what it is, sorry we don't see eye to eye on this but for me personally I'd take Ice Cream Maker guy in a heartbeat over any new Tatooine Luke, Qui Gon Jinn, Darth Maul or Obi-Wan Kenobi

ishi tib
07-09-2002, 03:50 PM
If this guy gets made before a J'quille or a Gargan, I will quit collecting. I'm serious.

BoShek
07-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Can they put him in a Cinema Scene? Maybe with Boba Fett and Leia?

Rogue II
07-09-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by OCB

If you didn't buy any of the following figures:

Porkins
BoShek
Wuher
Coruscant Guard
Any alien who had as muchb screen time as ICMG did (Amanaman, Duros, Lak Sivrak etc etc)

I may lend some credence to your complaint, however, my point in this is that if they can make any of the above, why not Ice Cream Maker Guy, he is unique, funny and interesting looking, for me it is the list above and things like an Ice Cream Maker in The Empire Strikes Back which makes the Saga what it is, sorry we don't see eye to eye on this but for me personally I'd take Ice Cream Maker guy in a heartbeat over any new Tatooine Luke, Qui Gon Jinn, Darth Maul or Obi-Wan Kenobi

Well, Porkins and Wuher both had lines. BoShek introduced Ben to Chewbacca, and the Coruscant Guard is an army builder like the Emperor's Royal Guard.

Granted, there are more than enough Tatooine Lukes, QGJ, and Darth Mauls to last us til the end of time. Yes, Ice Cream Maker guys is interesting and funny, buy he is so obscure. At least most of the aliens in the cantina and Jabba's court have EU stories about them. There have beem plenty of petitions in the past, and many have been successful. I'm worried if fans begin to produce petitions for obscure characters without names, speaking lines, or even EU stories, Hasbro won't pay attention to them.":eek:

I'm not against making background characters, especially from the Classic Trilogy. My collection consists mostly of Classic Trilogy figures. I love the cantina aliens. Yet I am still scratching my head on why Hasbro picked Djas Puhr out of the bunch for the Saga line. I didn't see him on many request lists. The only reason I could think of is that he is very simple to make - 4 or 5 colors, simple sculpt. I like him anyway even if his knees don't bend.

The cinema scene scenario would be interesting. It could have Lando making the announcement, ICMG, and a new Lobot or Guard. I could see the captions now....Lando says "Run Ice Cream Guy, Run!":D

(Funny thing, people complain about the Tatooine Lukes, but if you look at Custom Figure recipies, they always include Luke parts)

And if they were to make ICMG, my bet on his error/variation would be the color of his jumpsuit.:D

OCB
07-10-2002, 12:00 AM
Many excellent point Rouge II...

#1 I would want Hasbro to make almost any OT Alien before they make an ICMG figure

#2 I agree about the overkill of petitions, in fact after I started this I have seen petitions start up for: Sandcrawler, Jedi Knight Luke, Coleman Trebor, Jabba the Hutt and Pablo Jill all using the same site I used to start the ICMG petition.

The problem with that is that almost all of those are no-brainers. Hasbro (contrary to popular belief) is not stupid...the line will go until at least 2008, that is 6 years of action figures left to do, how do they keep the line fresh and exciting by giving us what we want all in the first year (ala The Simpsons line for the most part). Human background characters for the most part have gotten the shaft, so have ESB figures, and especially Bespin figures...legtimately a Cloud Car Pilot would be ideal to fit this niche but given the reasoning above so will ICMG.

The point of a figure petition should be to show some interest in the nook and cranny characters...such as your example Djas Puhr. He was one of my most wanted Cantina figures and I was very happy to get him but where the heck did Hasbro pull that one out of??? And if they can pull an obscure guy like him out why not ICMG, why not Yerka Mig, why not Gold Leader, or Wulf Yaleran, or Bob Hudsol or General Tagge??? It just so happens to me at least ICMG is unique, he stands out and it is a riot the powers that be saw fit to include an Ice Cream Maker in the movie

What I don't understand is the hostility I get for this whole thing. I am not holding anyone hostage until they sign the petition, I almost guarantee that if Hasbro ever did release an ICMG figure all those complaining about the validity of the drive will be buying one...and if you can't have some fun with this hobby and must bich and complain about every single nuance and validity of your pet choice over another, the ICMG petition is not for you, and you will never understand the comraderie, humor and fun that I have seen across many Star Wars sites when they see the man, the myth, the legend the Ice Cream Maker Guy :D

aharry
07-10-2002, 12:07 AM
I agree!! I would laugh my a** off all the way to the cash register at Wal-Mart if they actually make this thing. Some people take things way to seriously. Heck, I would even like to see variations. Vanilla ice cream with the first 1000, chocolate for the next 1000, etc., etc.

Rogue II
07-10-2002, 08:03 AM
I see your point. Background humans have been neglected. Think of all the humans in Mos Eisley, Bespin, and all of the Rebel Technicians in the hangars.

There were several in Jabba's palace too. Everyone look on the back of your Deluxe Leia with cannon. What about that guy? Why is he wearing a fur lined hat on Tatooine? That guy is pretty funny looking to. He almost looks like Randy Quaid.

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 12:52 AM
Is this a joke or something? Because I just do not get it.

OCB
07-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Is anyone going to the San Diego Comic Con and would be willing to take along a Ice Cream Maker Guy petition? LMK :)

OCB
07-16-2002, 03:39 PM
One other thing, here is the Official ICMG Logo, Who Wants Some??? :)

Jonna
07-16-2002, 03:52 PM
STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!

Rogue II
07-16-2002, 10:38 PM
I was cruising thru some custom figures and I found this:

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/willrow.asp

OCB
07-17-2002, 09:53 AM
Yeah, Dan Curto made that when I asked him over at RS where his custom Ice Cream Maker Guy was...

I made one too only I used a Lando head, Imperial Officer and sculpted the Ice Cream Maker out of sculpey...I need to get some shots of him :)

OCB
07-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Just passed 700 signatures the other day...

Plans are in the works for more questions to Hasbro at Comic Con next week ;)

And keep it up, one day Ice Cream Maker Guy will be on the pegs :D

Jonna
07-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Hell, even I don't push a joke this far! What if they did make this figure. Wouldn't it take resources away from figures that people would really want and actually intend to buy? Just my thoughts.

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Hell, even I don't push a joke this far! What if they did make this figure. Wouldn't it take resources away from figures that people would really want and actually intend to buy? Just my thoughts.

Yes. I doubt Hasbro takes this petition seriously.

If they ever did make this guy, he would be a huge pegwarmer. Unless, they made him an as a ultra-exclusive like Toy Fair Vader or Jorg Sacul.

OriginalBryGuy
07-23-2002, 02:33 PM
The chances of Hasbro truly making this figure are way beyond -0%. If it's meant as a joke it's kinda funny, but not THAT funny.

The real question is how many flavors is this guy sellin'?:happy:

OCB
07-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Jonna

Yep, like the new Qui Gon Jinn or the Darth Maul in pajamas...people have been clamoring for those two for years and finally we have one :crazed:

The drive was part joke to begin with but has evolved into something much more because I have met through my endless pursuits around the net, many people who want this figure made...well over the amount of people who have signed the petition (725 as of last count far and away more signatures than any other petition drive currently running on the net)

New figures of never before done figures are the lifeblood of any line (see Batman for proof)

Human background characters are sorely misrepresented in the modern line

As I have said many times around here, I am not holding a gun to anyones head, I'll pop my head in every so often to give a plug, if you don't like what I'm doing don't read the thread.

Just my thoughts ;)

Oh, and about Hasbro, if and when 10,000 people do sign the petition I can't see how they can't take it seriously, hwo many people were begging for a Porkins, not many but the word spread, the guy was fat and enough people eventually wanted one...I see the same thing happening for ICMG, eventually people will see that he will fit the bill in their collection and start putting him down on want lists and he will be made, I can feel it :D

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by OCB

Yep, like the new Qui Gon Jinn or the Darth Maul in pajamas...people have been clamoring for those two for years and finally we have one :crazed:

You see, we have a hard enough time with hasbro producing figures no one wants. We don't need more like that. Jek Porkins is completely different. At least he had a speaking role.

New at Baskin Robins....Bespin Blast Ice cream. Yummy!

OCB
07-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

You see, we have a hard enough time with hasbro producing figures no one wants. We don't need more like that. Jek Porkins is completely different. At least he had a speaking role.

New at Baskin Robins....Bespin Blast Ice cream. Yummy!

And what I am trying to tell you is that there a ton of people out there that do want ICMG...

I'll show you :)

theforce.net (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7475615&start=7492904)
Rebelscum (http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=32;t=000312)
The Custom Alliance (http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/willrow.asp)
Nightly.Net (http://www.nightly.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=022229)
Starwars.com (http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=23&thread=66522)
Simpsons Collectors Sector (http://pub73.ezboard.com/fthesimpsonscommunity71818frm21.showMessage?topicI D=544.topic)
Red 6 (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/)

Plus other places, DSP, The Jawa, Artoo News etc etc etc.

There is a demand even if you personally don't see the need ;)

OriginalBryGuy
07-23-2002, 03:47 PM
What's that? You mean to tell me that there are ACTUAL people who want to see Hasbro make this figure? For real? haha

Ok, come on, where's the camera...seriously...

Mark my words, Hasbro will never make this figure. End of Story.

Can you imagine the humiliation and loss of what little respect Hasbro has? How many fans do you think would quit if Hasbro thought, "Wow, yea, that's a killer idea!" haha I'd probably quit collecting!

If you are serious about this you need to go to Hasbro and chime in (and please see your shrink while you're at it). Unless it's the next fan's choice figure there's just no chance for Baskin Robbins.

Star Wars figures are made after the most important stars and characters before any background characters or speaking roles (most) of the time.

Ice Cream Maker man? It's a lukewarm custom job, and a lighthearted joke, but it's best left at that.

Here me now you 700+ nuts signing petitions. If you want to cast your vote, do it for a background character that really deserves it! haha:rolleyes: :D

OCB
07-23-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by OriginalBryGuy
Here me now you 700+ nuts signing petitions. If you want to cast your vote, do it for a background character that really deserves it! haha:rolleyes: :D

Such as??? ;)

Don't get me wrong (I've given this speech before too) there are plenty of OT Aliens and background guy I would want before ICMG, but that is the whole point of the petition :crazed:

You don't petition for something obvious ala a new Jedi Luke or a Jabba the Hutt, Hasbro knows we want these, they have no clue though on ICMG or all 6 Imperial Dignitaries or any of these guys:

Ariq Joanson (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/AriqJoanson.jpg)
Debnoli (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/debnoli.jpg)
Garouf Lafoe (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/garouf.jpg)
Merc Sunlet (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/mercsun.jpg)
Rycar Ryjerd (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/rycar.jpg)
Swilla Corey (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/swilla.jpg)
Yerka Mig (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/yerkamig.jpg)

Any Human Jabba's Goon such as
Fozec (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/fozec.jpg)
Gailid (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/gailid.jpg)
Laudica (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/laudica.jpg)
Murtogg Yine (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/murttog.jpg)
Niuc Bek (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/nizucbek.jpg)
Mara Jade/Arica/Jess (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/jess.jpg)
Palejo Reshad (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/palejo.jpg)
Pucimir Thryss (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/pucumir.jpg)
Rayc Rijad (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/rayc.jpg)
Rennek (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/rennek.jpg)
Taym Dren-Garen (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/taym.jpg)
Thul Fain (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/thulfain.jpg)
Velken Tezeri (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/velken.jpg)
Vul Tazaene (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/vultaz.jpg)

And many Imperial Officers, Captain Needa, Moff Jerjerrod, General Veers, Minor Officers, Bridge Crew etc

And most of the ANH Rebels
Bob Hudsol (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/rebel/rebelc.jpg)
Del Goren (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/rebel/rebeltec.jpg)
Evram Lajae (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/rebel/comman1.jpg)
Vanden Willard (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/rebel/comman2.jpg)

I am positive someone out there would want more than one of those...and given the fact that there is 6 years of figures left (at least) there is room for some of them ICMG just so happens to be funny

OriginalBryGuy
07-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Don't get me wrong (I've given this speech before too) there are plenty of OT Aliens and background guy I would want before ICMG, but that is the whole point of the petition .

haha...I see what you're trying to do here, but I think if it actualy worked it would backfire. I'm sure if Hasbro saw the Petition they'd be like:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hasbro developer 1: "Hey, did you see this? About 700+ people want us to make some Ice Cream Guy that wasn't even in the movie."
Hasbro developer 2: "Ha! Well, I guess Jedi is an official religion now..."
Hasbro developer 1: "Don't get me started on that one again. So do you think they're serious?"
Hasbro developer 2: "Nah, they just want us to make more background characters. It's too bad THEY DIDN'T LIST THE ONES THEY WANT IN THE PETITION!"
Hasbro developer 1: "Yea, no kidding....so what Italian for lunch?"
Hasbro developer 2: "Nah, we had that yesterday.."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that more background characters are needed, but if you're serious, I don't think a petition is going to get through to them.

FANS CHOICE.....look into it! What you should have done was print that list above in your petition!

ICMG just so happens to be funny

A little funny, maybe, but not worth petitioning over.

OCB
07-23-2002, 05:50 PM
ICMG was in the movie OriginalBryGuy...go watch ESB again ;)

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by OCB
ICMG was in the movie OriginalBryGuy...go watch ESB again ;)

He is in the movie, but if you blink during the evacuation of Bespin, you will miss him.

700-1000 doesn't sound like a very high number to me.

I agree, we are short on Human background characters. BoShek was a start. I don't think ICMG is the right guy. Sure, he is hilarious, running with his "Ice Cream Maker" and all. I just don't think he is worth wasting a petition. Hasbro will probably end up paying less attention to petitions than they already do.

Darth Yambag
07-23-2002, 08:39 PM
grab a GI JOE William "the Refrigerator" Perry, action figure head, put it on a Mon Calimari figure and find a piece that looks like his white puke bucket.

Focus your attention on an important figure like "RED THONG GIRL" from the Outlander Club in AOTC...

OriginalBryGuy
07-25-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by OCB
ICMG was in the movie OriginalBryGuy...go watch ESB again

Unless you can point out "Ice Cream Maker Guy" in the credits...he was NOT there. Just because it "looks" like an ice cream maker doesn't mean it is. It's not that funny to begin with, and someone would have to be nuts to think it really was.

I think YOU should watch ESB again, and pick a better background character next time. Someone that might actually get made. :D

Focus your attention on an important figure like "RED THONG GIRL" from the Outlander Club in AOTC...

Now THAT is someone who needs a petition!

Rogue II
07-25-2002, 08:04 AM
If you look at that CCG pic someone posted, he really isn't a Ice Cream Maker Guy. He is a Tibanna Gas Miner. They call him the Ice Cream Maker because of the white thing he is carrying. But, he is just an extra.

Where is the petition for Gold or Red Leader?

OCB
07-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Where is the petition for Gold or Red Leader?

I'll sign one ;)

I understand all of the criticism the petition is getting and due to its success other petitions have started with not as much success.

The general concensus has been for major websites to start ignoring the requests...which maybe I can see doesn't bode well for other legitimate figure requests. But I go back to my main point, in the next 5 years there is bound to be room for an ICMG somewhere...

I also guarantee if he was packed one per case he would be much sought after ;)

Thanks for the feedback and I hope the critics see my side of the story as well ;)

Rogue II
07-25-2002, 11:45 AM
I understand the demand for background humans. They are truly lacking from the line. Also, most of the human figures are white males. I agree with the demand and that the character is funny.

My problem is that he is not the right character to petition for. If it were the black guard in Jabba's palace, or a human citizen from Tatooine. I hope Hasbro doesn't take future petitions less seriously because of this one.

He would be a good candidate for a cinema scene: Evacuatioin of Bespin. Toss in Lando with microphone and either a Ugnaught or another guard or civilian. He would even be a nice pack in with a Bespin playset...If only Hasbro would bring back the cinema scenes and do more playsets.

I'd hate to see him be some sort of an exclusive like Toy Fair Vader or Jorg Sacul. I find those annoying.

OCB
09-05-2002, 04:26 PM
I haven't bumped this for a while mainly becuase of all the animosity petitions have been getting lately but I thought I'd throw out an FYI about a few updates I made to the main ICMG page, detailing his spaceship, his current whereabouts and more!!! Hopefully I can at least make you smile :)

TylerD
09-07-2002, 08:22 PM
I applaud your efforts OCB. I think it would be cool to have an ICMG!

stad
09-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Oh, what the hell, sign me up for one too!

Geonosian
09-07-2002, 10:33 PM
What is soo good about him?

Geeze..

stad
09-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Nothing really, just another misc. background character. The more characters they make, the better, no one has to buy them all. On the other hand, what is soo bad about him?

OCB
09-09-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
What is soo good about him?

Geeze..

If I have to explain, you don't get it ;)

Rogue II
09-09-2002, 09:56 AM
OCB is right. We had the discussion about "Why ICMG" over the past few pages.

It pays to read a thread before you post in it.

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 04:06 PM
Me and my brother would both be really siked if they made it and if they do we're both buying one!

OCB
09-30-2002, 10:57 AM
Teeska Mon Eebon...thanks for your support, the petition just passed 1000 signatures, I am going to have a contest and give away to mark this monumental occasion, stay tuned :)

OCB
02-12-2003, 12:28 PM
Just checking in with 2 customs,the first is a Lego one made by Grant over at FBTB...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ggiandonato/images/icmg1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ggiandonato/images/icmg2.jpg

The second is my custom with a reference photo

http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/Cloud/hood.jpg

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-03/icmgcustom.jpg

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-03/icmgcustom2.jpg

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-03/icmghead.jpg

I boiled and popped a Skiff Guard Lando, shaved his hair back a little and painted it, and used the Imperial Officer for the jumpsuit and painted it the beautiful puke orange :) I need to work on doing hands as I usually will just paint them black or make sure they have gloves so I don't have to match colors. I also need a Dremel :(

The maker I made out of Sculpey and I also need to make a new one but I am happy with him for now until Hasbro makes one too...

PS Sign the Petition!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/icmg/petition.html

CHeck out my site for more info:

http://www.geocities.com/ocb75

And here is another Custom ICMG by Dan Curto:

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/willrow.asp

Banthaholic
02-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Time to start the Ackmena thread...

bigbarada
03-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, we've already duped Hasbro into wasting an action figure slot on a piece of crap like Willrow Hood, why not do it again?:rolleyes:

sebillba
03-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, we've already duped Hasbro into wasting an action figure slot on a piece of crap like Willrow Hood, why not do it again?:rolleyes:

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this nondescript nonentity is a complete waste of plastic.