PDA

View Full Version : On October 2nd, Buffy Lives...

mrhat
09-26-2001, 09:36 PM
Well if you were watching Enterprise, you saw those previews for the New Season of Buffy. Now, I know she's been resurected before, but in the preview, she seemed to, well just sorta come out, like the Michael Jackson Video "Thriller" but, how will they do it, will we see the 3rd slayer? Anyways, all the characters seem to be in a peril, or plauged by a giant booty whopping. So what does everyone think, just from what the previews shown to us. If you want to view the Commercials, go Here (http://www.upn.com) , click on shows, then click on Buffy (duh). Just wanted opinions of everyone.

Personally, i think it will be an interesting ride, and be absolutley thrilling watching 2 hours :( of it. BTY, Angel is um, kinda strange...

GNT
09-27-2001, 01:26 AM
Will probably see a new slayer (YAY!) Hasn't there been more than 3 slayers?

JediTricks
09-27-2001, 08:17 AM
I think they almost couldn't have promoted Buffy any more than they did on UPN last night, YIKES! Once per commercial break AT LEAST!!!

Obi-Don
09-27-2001, 09:14 AM
I never really watched the show,but by the previews its got me interested. And yes,they made sure that we knew it would be coming on really soon.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-27-2001, 05:13 PM
In Entertainment Weekly, they kinda spoiled the surprise already. I'm sure they didn't give everything away, but it was enough to **** me off. I can't wait though. The season premier of Angel was a little disappointing. I'm sure it will get better, though. It always does.

And for those of you that have never caught either of these shows, you should. I thought Buffy looked stupid for a while, but started watching here and there. After seeing the previews for the episode "Hush," I was intrigued enough to start watching. Now I'm addicted. Reruns are even showing now on FX, so I can catch up on what I miss. Some of the best writing and acting on TV, with some really cool characters. My favorite, like many people, is Spike. He rocks. But seriously, aside from all the outlandish vampire-demon stuff, all the action, and the hot chicks, there are characters you really care about and some great dialogue. George Lucas should watch this, and learn.

THE Slayer
09-27-2001, 09:31 PM
To end speculation, I heard whedon say that there will not be a new slayer because that "line" lies with Faith, so there will only be a new one if Faith dies.
Buffy is one of the best shows, for all the reasons that you've all stated. And if you really want to watch some good tv try and find the episodes, "Hush" and "The body" two of the best, but of course there are others.

I also thought Angel could have been better, but it followed Whedons formula of setting up the seasons arch with the final scene.

mrhat
09-27-2001, 09:51 PM
What i meant by a third slayer, of course i meant it would be the third time Buffy is "Born" ie, When her mom had her, when the MASTER Killed her, and then shes back, now a mystrious cloud of energy and evil, and obviously, she is coming back, the Third time.

GNT
09-28-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by THE Slayer
To end speculation, I heard whedon say that there will not be a new slayer because that "line" lies with Faith, so there will only be a new one if Faith dies.

I dont know,I still think a new slyer would come. Didn't one of the oth slayer died and Faith came? If so then if Buffy died,another slyer will come imo

THE Slayer
09-28-2001, 06:13 PM
of course that would seem logical GNT, but it's fantasy.
Buffy dies in the first season, "but only for a couple seconds."
So a new slayer was "born", Kendra I think her name was.
Then she died and Faith was "Born." Faith has been close to death quite a few times but never actually died, thats why there are no "new" slayers. I think.

GNT
09-28-2001, 11:48 PM
of course that would seem logical GNT, but it's fantasy.
Buffy dies in the first season, "but only for a couple seconds."
So a new slayer was "born", Kendra I think her name was.
Then she died and Faith was "Born." Faith has been close to death quite a few times but never actually died, thats why there are no "new" slayers. I think.

Ok I can see it your way now I still think we should see a new slayer :)

THE Slayer
09-29-2001, 07:10 PM
See I new I could win you over, But I still wanna see a new slayer too.

GNT
09-29-2001, 10:23 PM
See I new I could win you over, But I still wanna see a new slayer too.

I've always wondered, are there,can there be Male slayers? or is it just a girls job? All the slayers we have seen are females?!?!any reasons??

THE Slayer
09-30-2001, 04:24 PM
Whedon like the idea of the female coming out on top. no pun. he said the show/movie. was based on the idea "That a girl goes into a dark alley full of badies, comes out on top and the baddies go out in body bags." simple enough huh.

My guess is that there won't be a male slayer, ever, unless some witchery is envolved.

GNT
09-30-2001, 09:24 PM
My guess is that there won't be a male slayer, ever, unless some witchery is envolved.

or a "personal" change to the other side :)

THE Slayer
09-30-2001, 09:35 PM
or a "personal" change to the other side

Or that. Which would probably be a lot more enjoyable to watch.
For the comedic value of course.

mrhat
10-02-2001, 10:08 PM
WOW, What an episode, a very cool episode indeed. Lots of Magic, No more Giles for a while:( Snake maouth, interesting. and the end of ROBO-Buffy... well i guess we can plainly see, this ought to be an interesting season for buffy, and her pals, just from the preview of next week, They brought something back, never use ancient egyptian magic, ever.

THoughts

AmanaMatt
10-03-2001, 02:18 AM
I was really looking foward to seeing the Buffy premiere; I set my VCR and went to work really looking foward to it...I got home and checked my tape and found the baseball game on it! ARGHHHHHHHH, I taped Ch 5 out of habit!!!!!! I am mad as hell at myself!

THE Slayer
10-03-2001, 08:10 PM
Oh that sucks. It should play again sometime this weekend or somthing, like they did with enterprise.

As for the show itself, It was good, but nothing unexpected really happened. And I also thought some of the dialouge catered to the new audience, if it has any. They rehashed some old stuff, granted it wasn't annoying to hear again, and I understand why it was neccessary. I had a few problems but like I said nothing really major.

Did anyone on these here forums, watch it who hasn't watched it before??

GNT
10-04-2001, 08:39 AM
Did anyone on these here forums, watch it who hasn't watched it before??

I've seen every episode up until glorys death and Buffy's death (end of last season) but haven't seen anything after that :) I'll have to wait until the end of year or next year to see the "new" episodes

THE Slayer
10-04-2001, 04:07 PM
Last season was really well written and satisfying on a whole, one of the best. I guess it doesn't air the same time down uder huh?

Well apparently all the extra adds upn sliped into enterprise worked and buffy scored about 3x as many viewers as it usually did on the wb. probably making it upn's second most watch show,, but I'm not certain about that.

GNT
10-05-2001, 01:31 AM
Last season was really well written and satisfying on a whole, one of the best. I guess it doesn't air the same time down uder huh?

No it doesn't, Will get it back in the ratings season either later this year or early next year,Which is a pitty:( Were behind :(