PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition Naboo Fighter sounds cool

JediTricks
06-18-2002, 05:03 PM
If you didn't see the news on FBTB, Lego Direct will be releasing a new Naboo Fighter in August that will have a better design and chrome bricks for the nose and engines. It'll be about the same number of bricks as the original Naboo Fighter set (though that had 4 minifigs and a mini-vehicle) and will cost $40 (the higher price is mainly because of the chrome). It won't come with mini-figures, instead it'll be a mini-UCS-style ship. If this mini-UCS thing works out, I'd love to see other SW ships done in mini-fig style but with UCS designs such as the X-wing and Snowspeeder.

Lord Tenebrous
06-18-2002, 11:09 PM
I don't know about this. The original N-1 was a pitiful representation. With Tantive and Yoda warming shelves at Target, and the UCS Interceptor on "clearance" for $70, I don't see this high-brow line lasting much longer.

I'd rather Lego just get their act together and do the ship right the first time. And, of course, ship a little less because the majority of this stuff sits until the prices are cut in half.

LTBasker
06-19-2002, 02:06 AM
This would be a better shop-at-home exclusive. Why no mini-fig though? I want Ric Olie and R2-A6. :(

ACPin
06-19-2002, 12:26 PM
Just spotted these pics of this set on Brickshelf. Don't know how this guy was able to access the pics from the LD site.

10026 SE Naboo Fighter (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=19546)

LTBasker
06-19-2002, 04:48 PM
The thrusters look out of proportion.

fourtwo
06-19-2002, 06:37 PM
still looks pretty sweet :)

JediTricks
06-20-2002, 03:08 AM
I like it, but I have a bad feeling there's gonna be NO way to hollow out the cockpit area for a mini-figure, or at best, the gappy cockpit design of the Jedi Starfighter.

I like seeing all that chrome, and I like seeing that they're FINALLY giving an R2 dome a 2x2 turntable plate.