PDA

View Full Version : Still unsure about Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer #2?

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 06:13 PM
If you're unsure about releasing them on Saga cards, then maybe you should tweak the sculpts a little. Give the Imperial Officer articulated knees and give the Rebel Trooper both type of elbow articulation points so it's arms aren't suck like they are and they both need working holsters.

Also you could include an accurate Mouse Droid with the Imperial Officer (the saber dart included with Dexter is around the same size, it is possible) and a console where the mouse droid can go into with a view screen on the console that looks like it's from the eye of mouse droid kinda like when you control the mouse droid in Jedi Knight 2. The articulated knees could make it to where he could sit on a chair at the console, kinda like the Chewie Dejarik champion. His arms are already posed to be perfect like that. Don't take away any articulation though.

As for the Rebel Trooper, you could give him a crate or console for him to duck behind/

That I think would make the Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officers worth being packaged on Saga Cards especially with the bigger bubbles.

Adam
06-18-2002, 07:18 PM
Eh, the mouse droid is not that small...

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 07:28 PM
I said around the same size, and the saber dart that came with the Dexter figure was scaled up to be pretty big. Unless you thought I meant the size of the saber dart from the movie.

Adam
06-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Well, I watched Empire again last week, and from what i remember, mouse droids are a little bit taller and wider than a persons foot.. Could be wrong, but I don't feel like fast forwarding to that scene. The scene I'm thinking of is when the Emperor commands Vader to make contact with him, in case you were wondering.

saladin
06-18-2002, 08:27 PM
i just hope Imp Officer looks good soo he can stand next to my other one and look really sweet.

Lord Tenebrous
06-18-2002, 08:38 PM
I would love to see more weapons packed with a second Imperial Officer - two POTJ Imperial Blasters, and a couple styles of Imperial Rifle. This is one figure that can hold a variety of weapons well, and he currently has the CTC Stormie's rifle in his hands.

The Rebel Trooper is more difficult, because it's a more limited pose. I'd add a ball joint to his hands, and make his helmet removeable helmet (without the strap sculpted on). Also, waist articulation would be great. Give him more weapons as well, two or three different small guns, one grenade launcher, and maybe a scan gun like the guards on Tantive IV had.

All in all, great faces and lots of useable guns will sell these two a second time. :)

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 01:34 PM
They both need new face sculpts that's for sure. I think the figures themselves are pretty good, just pack in the accessories like Tenebrous said.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2002, 07:35 PM
I don't like the idea of re-doing these figures all that well. If they did, the Rebel Trooper would have to have an old man face (the one who's thinking "Oh my God, what's going on"), a ****load of articulation, a blaster effect, removable helmet, and whatever else. For the Imperial Officer, give him a duffel bag that belongs right in the middle of his torso. :D

Adam
06-24-2002, 09:28 PM
This is long over-do... Sorry Basker, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant it was the same size as the dart. I hadn't read the last part of your reply right. Sorry!

JediTricks
06-24-2002, 11:55 PM
Mouse Droids are the size of an astromech's foot (the middle one, I think, since I believe that's what their outer housing is made from). We could use one that size...

As for Imp Officer, how about a face-change or smoothing out his outfit? That'd be sharp.

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 07:34 AM
I would like one more generic Imperial Officer in the black uniform and one in the grey uniform. You can only have so many Captain Pietts running around.

And be generous with the sideburns to get that ANH feel.;)

bigbarada
06-25-2002, 10:07 AM
The outfits that the Imperial Officer figure is wearing is actually more prominent in ROTJ than in any of the other films. It is simply a TIE Pilot uniform without the helmet and chestplate/box. These guys were very easy to spot in the formation when Vader first arrives on DS2 at the beginning of ROTJ. Speculation is that they are either TIE Pilots not on fighter duty or another specialized branch of the Navy. (that uniform is also a black version of the Scanning Crew Technician uniform)

So if Hasbro really wants to do the figures again, without simply doing another head sculpt, then they can resculpt the uniform to match the majority of Imperial Officers seen throughout the trilogy.

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 11:53 AM
more rebel troops and imperial officers? i'm for it!