PDA

View Full Version : TIE Bomber, At-ST, and Snowspeeder, ON HOLD!

mrhat
09-26-2001, 09:51 PM
As Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com) and The Jawa (http://thejawa.com) are reporting, a very reliable UK Source reports that Hasbro will announce the delay of the New Vehicles until 2002, probobly February, March. Anyway, what a jip, delay them, why not give them to us, lets say, NOW! Man i was actually looking forward to those :(. What are your thoughts on this situation...

humsup
09-26-2001, 11:55 PM
You may find my answer surprising - I'm quite relief, my wallet can finally take a long overdue break.

To put an item on hold is not so bad but to hear that an item was CANCELLED will really ****ed me off. So its 2002 Feb or Mar? Its fine.

GNT
09-27-2001, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by mrhat
Man i was actually looking forward to those :(

But at least they are still coming! I think most of us need a break anyway!

JediMaster
09-27-2001, 06:11 AM
I could certainly use the break, especially with the holidays coming. For once, this is a Hasbro decision well received.

Jargo
09-27-2001, 06:58 AM
I'd rather they came out next year when there's the rush for stuff so that they actually put out enough to go round.
As xmas approaches, We all need a break from the deluge of stuff we had this year. Three vehicles on hold means time to catch up on the excellent current releases and time to buy those who gently suffer our compulsion to buy 'little plastic dollies' with great patience and dignity. Wives, girlfriends, husbands, kids and pets. They've all suffered in this heady year of selfish gain. So it's time we gave a little thank you to them, some quality time or a thoughtful gift - and then rush back to TRU to see if this damn rumour is right....! :)

El Chuxter
09-27-2001, 11:01 AM
When I saw the subject of this, I was irked. But then I read February or March 2002, which is when I expected to find them anyway, so no biggie. Like many others, my wallet could use a break after overpriced B-Wings, Interceptors, and those oh-so-cute Palm Talkers.

Lobito
09-27-2001, 12:53 PM
I dont know when these toys were were suppossed to be released, but a delay from Hasbro only means trouble, lets at least hope they DO release them!:eek:

evenflow
09-27-2001, 02:30 PM
I have to say that sucks. I was really looking forward to the At-St and the SnowSpeeder. :(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-27-2001, 04:26 PM
Darn it--

I thought their was a reason why my local Wal-Mart had gotten rid of it's Star Wars figures (with the exception of a few 12 inch). I have been envisioning that I would come into the store sometime within the next 2 weeks and finding that the shelves would be fully restocked with new figs and the Tie Bomber. But I guess we have to wait ):

SirSteve
09-27-2001, 04:48 PM
Rather than going on rumors, we asked Hasbro and they replied that it they will be out "early 2002".

Mandalorian Candidat
09-27-2001, 05:16 PM
Thank you Hasbro!

At last a decent reprieve! My wallet's been going on a diet lately and now it'll have a chance to recuperate. I'm really glad they are postponing their release for now because it'll give me a chance to pay off that dang credit card.

Don't sweat it if you were really wanting one. Hasbro will release them for sure. We've all seen the packaged pictures from the toy show so we know they'll be release eventually. I just hope they don't all come out at the same time like the B-Wing and TIE/I.

bigbarada
09-27-2001, 06:08 PM
I'm a little apprehensive about this news, since I can foresee Hasbro continually delaying these then eventually cancelling them. However, if what they say is true (that they will be out in early 2002) then I couldn't be more relieved. With the Deluxe figures, 25th Anniversary figures and all the awesome new standard figures I'm going to have my hands full and my wallet empty enough as it is.

Jargo
09-27-2001, 07:10 PM
I can't help but feel for the guys that make this stuff in China. They must have seen the list of product they had to paint and asemble and really **** themselves. I mean, you look at the long list of product we were due to see at retail and you think how many millions of figures do these guys churn out? And there's all the other toy lines and the episode two stuff they're working on and then whatever new lines are coming out and all of that.... That's a hell of a lot of plastic to shift. maybe there was a chinese mutiny or revolution or something. :) Maybe Hasbro just got a little too ambitious and someone decided that enough was enough. Maybe there's a delegation of angry moms and dads standing outside the headquarters holding the other arm of Mr. Potato head to ransom until their wallets get a little breather. Maybe the employees of hasbro don't get paid too much and wanting to complete their own collections saw the opportunity slipping away as the product list spiralled out of control and their bank accounts grew more and more into the red. They just - said - NO!!!!!!!!! :)

It's a relief to know that I'll have a chance to catch up here in the UK. A chance to snaffle more than one Imperial Officer and Rebel fleet trooper. A chance to seek and find those 25th anniversary packs. A chance to calm down and stop behaving like a headless chicken every time new product releases are announced. Thanks Big H. :) :D :)

Sean the Hutt
09-27-2001, 07:27 PM
I imagine they will have to be released really early in 2002. As they will conflict with the episode 2 stuff that is bound to be out by March /April. You think your wallet needs a break now? Wait until after Christmas, After the Snowspeeder, Walker and Tie bomber. Then episode 2 stuff on top of all that!. Please give them to us for X-mas, What are you thinking. At least I might get one as a gift! I really only want the tie bomber x3. I have the original walker and snow speeder. Anyone who did not get those originally is either very young or a bandwagon fan, as they were easy to get for a long time.

Jargo
09-27-2001, 07:49 PM
Anyone who did not get those originally is either very young or a bandwagon fan, as they were easy to get for a long time.

That's totally subjective depending on your location in this world and availability in your locale at the time of release and the subsequent period leading up to the deletion of hte toys from the manufacturers catalog. :) I know for a fact that the walker was and still is very hard to find in my region of the UK. I suspect that the rest of the UK is pretty much the same. In the UK the internet took longer to catch on than in the US so online shopping wasn't really an option until just recently. If you're talking about the vintage toys then ??????? This new release is a different sculpt than the vintage and the POTF2 versions. THe walker is a new paint job so clases as a new vwhicle. Plus it may have been tinkered with, who knows until release. Point is, they come in new packaging and represent a chance for those that didn't manage to get the original or previous releases to finally get one or two. They represent an army building opportunity for those that army build. And they represent a variant for the variant collectors to go nuts on. On top of that the boxes look nice and the product looks a lot nicer than previously released versions because it has shiney new paint decos. :) Plus we get a new Luke and a Dack figure and a new Ewok. Their release is just as valid as the Tie bomber's.

Utinni
09-27-2001, 08:00 PM
I can totally see Hasbro's decision to SKIP THE HOLIDAYS!!! WHEN 40% OF THE ENTIRES YEAR'S PURCHASES ARE MADE IN A 60 DAY PERIOD!!!! Good thinking Hasbro! Why don't you delay the Episode II figures until 2003 while your at it. And jack up the price for no good reaso...oh. you've already done that. And concentrate on your Pokemon line instead of Star Wars!! All of these are brilliant ideas from a market savvy company. I applaud you!

Starfig873
09-27-2001, 08:26 PM
Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suff- oh forget it.

Look yes this sucks, after all I REEEEEALLY wanted the TIE bomber, but its not that bad. We'll pull through guys n'gals! this isn't a bug hunt man! Its not game over, game over man!

:D
*sighs* now I just feel stupid :p

Tycho
09-28-2001, 03:10 AM
Several things:

I agree with the wallet relief comments. I've been collecting since I was a kid and had all the vintage and then started over again in 1995 and I couldn't wait to get a TIE bomber, but a month's difference is no big deal.

Furthermore, I'm partial to getting things the first DAY they're released in my area. I came by the 12" Speederbike (with Scout) a MONTH before its street release, and the same with the 12" Bounty Hunters (now common shelf-warmers here), coming by Bossk, et. all in December 2000, when Hasbro said it would be available in the Spring of 2001. So, it is very possible that I will have the bomber before X-mas, but Hasbro doesn't want to promise anyone that because many of you will NOT have the bomber until possibly closer to next June and Memorial Day Sales unless you're as intense of hunter as I am (meaning I should really seek professional counseling, though I can't afford that and the bomber and my 12" Luke Speederbike ; )

All I mean by that is that some bombers will ship early, undoubtedly, from the pile that Walmart will eventually acquire to try (and hopefully) satisfy demand. I just want one, but no doubt when I get it, a few other early-bird collectors (and hopefully not scalpers) will pick it up, too and -uh, "Gone In 60 Seconds."

The only other thing the store can do is hold the first 3 cases they get in the back, until they have 6 more cases to go with it. They do this sometimes when the item goes in an ad. But while they're holding the early stuff for the street date, I'm usually a well-enough known customer (read pathetic) that someone or some manager will go and pull mine out for me (I hope). Eventually, the pile will get stocked (with an ad?) and they'll sell out in a day or so. The store will then order more, and they'll be stocked as they come in (meaning going everyday will then definitely set you up for disappointment). But that's the thrill of the hunt: one good day for 14 to 27 bad ones (but there's figures and other stuff you could find to offset that).

But between now and whenever the TIE bomber is released, we have 4 Deluxe Figures (Luke Bacta etc.) = approx $45 after tax, FX-7, Black Travel Dress Queen (x4 for diorama guys), Rebel Troopers (luckily I don't need these), and Imperial Officers (I'll take 6 or 8) = $30 just for one of each for collectors, and $77 at the minimal for me. $77+45 = $122 so far. Now add Luke and Yoda's 12" Master and Apprentice set (12") and I think that's about $30. This is at $152 already! (Fortunately, I didn't need a B-wing, Interceptor, and I won't be buying the Snowspeeder either - so there's the money spread around for the extra Imperials etc. that I want - versus how another collector might've spent $150 (the three other vehicles might be $90 to $100 altogether, and then add the TIE Bomber for another $30 - I don't really know the price) and I don't need an ATST.

And by the way, I am also not sure, but the ATST / Speederbike thing may not be confirmed, and an Ewok was definitely not confirmed or I'd have been all excited about that (were it a new character that I'd rather see released on a card).

But yes, I can wait for the TIE Bomber, and the later and longer, the better. Eeth Koth, Zutton, Bo Shek, Teebo and Episode 2 figures might be coming out when the Bomber finally hits. Just when it does, I won't wait one more day. Race ya to it?

Happy Hunting!

Sean the Hutt
09-28-2001, 04:29 AM
I did not mean to offend you in the U.K. But those walker's sat here on clearance forever. Mo one wanted one until they were gone! I feel for you in the UK where things are more expensive, and your Toys r us's are even worse than ours. You should hook up with a good reliable source here in the states and buy direct. You may save money in the long run. We have a lot of clubs here that really help each other out. However you are lucky and occasionaly get things we never do. I am known to be in Amsterdam sometimes and I have to say my favorite things are the potf2 red carded set of the shadows of the empire figures. It really kills some of my more serious collecting friends! If you are looking for anything particular here in the states let me know. I don't mind helping out Sir Steve friends. Ask around, I have helped a few people out on this forum before, good luck

Eternal Padawan
09-28-2001, 09:49 AM
Tycho depresses me with his math.:( if I'm going to get all the goodies I want, it'll push me up over $300. Ughh. I need to find a new hobby...

Jargo
09-28-2001, 04:30 PM
Why that's mighty generous of you Sean the hutt, I didn't really mean for that post to sound so harsh. It just kinda rattled out that way and then it was late and I lost my connection to the net etc. So don't feel like you did something to upset me. :) And it is very generous of you to make an offer like that. But to be honest, I'm sure there's other folk who post here from the UK who have more problems finding stuff than I do. They'd be more worthy of help. Still, thanks anyway. :) But should you find any Eopies on your visits to the Netherlands........ *affects sheepish scoobydoo laugh* :) It's the only thing I really want to get hold of right now that's hard to find.

ACPin
09-30-2001, 09:25 PM
Instead of dealing with all of the negativity regarding the delay of these vehicles, why not do what I did.

ACPin's Hoth Peril (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=29&show_article=21)

Of course it's a different matter with the TIE Bomber which I'm just gonna have to wait a little bit more to get my hands on it. :D

Lobito
10-01-2001, 05:32 PM
Thats a heck of a background u got there!! I bet u cant wait to replace the snowspeeder for the damaged version, but who knows, maybe your version will look cooler in the end...:cool:

Tycho
10-02-2001, 01:04 PM
His version looks fine now. I did the same scene as well. The new vehicle, and the 'official' figure of Dak won't make a bit of difference. And in ACPin's photograph (nice work BTW - love the mountains!) you couldn't tell if Dak was in that speeder or not.
Are there ATAT drivers controlling the walker? If I told you that Garfield and Odie were driving mine, you wouldn't be able to prove it unless you opened my display and looked into the cockpit.
I'm only kidding, as that's sacrelidge, but I questioned my motivation to call up the fan club and spend $8.99 times twice plus shipping and handling to staff the Empire's war machine when you can't even see them in there (disregarding a glimpse into a dark cockpit from side windows).

The 'crashed speeder' is not on my To Buy List - nor will it be. It's mainly out there so Hasbro can sell a few more units with the mold to new collectors who will be baited with the hype and merchandising of Episode 2, as will the kids who come back. Remember, close to Episode One's time, they emptied out a fortune's worth of old ships and vehicles (Classic) on clearence, and many went to kids actually interested in it at the time.

For a mimimal amount of more new sales, they'll bait hardcore collectors who HAVE to have Dak Ralter, or the nice display packaging which actually is very impressive.