PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Reasons LEGO's stuff is better than Hasbro's

Darth Brick
06-18-2002, 09:39 PM
10. They had lightsabers with removable blades way before Hasbro did

9. Cloth capes

8. You get to build these legendary ships from the ground up

7. The figures are so cute!

6. When you're bored of the ship you've bought, just break it up and build something else

5. The ships are more to scale with the figures than Hasbro's line

4. They can easily interact with other LEGO lines. Harry Potter is a Jedi! Whoo!

3. You don't have to deal with variants and most of the time people won't go and buy all the sets and sell them back.

2. You can keep an entire army of troopers in your back pocket. Just don't sit down.

1. Easy battle-damage! The Jedi Starfighter didn't dodge the pillow on your bed? CRASH! Wanna be Mace Windu? Hello, Jango...POP! Hee hee!

fourtwo
06-18-2002, 10:06 PM
good reasoning. i must say i like both lines equally. i've noticed some lego fans hate hasbro stuff though, not too sure why.

saladin
06-18-2002, 11:31 PM
their both good but lego is to expensive, the only lego worth buying is the yoda set with dooku, and the big yoda, everything else is to much money.

LTBasker
06-19-2002, 12:16 AM
In '99 LEGO was the "cheaper" way to get SW ships because Hasbro's stuff was over-priced and now Hasbro is the "cheaper" way to get the vehicles. :crazed:

Hehe; Spider-Man Jedi! Darth Green Goblin!

humsup
06-19-2002, 01:01 AM
I bought LEGO initially because of the vehicles. Like they are more space friendly in a sense that you can dismatle it when you run out of display space and keep them rather compact or you can break them up into main parts for storage so that there is just a need to "combine" back these main portions whenever you want to play with it. That cannot be done on Hasbro's stuff. Now, I collect the minifig too and I think it is easier to get a complete set of LEGO SW minifigs than to get Hasbro's set.
I love Hasbro's offerings too but just shuns the vehicles in favour of LEGO. Its figures are still awesome but I only collects those that I like and have given up the idea to "collect em' all"

JaZzYjaZZ
06-19-2002, 01:30 AM
My view is that Lego allows creativity to take over, ie, us fans building or modifying certain vehicles or ships to what we would like them to be, and then actually play with them! :)

Paul-Kenobi
06-20-2002, 07:06 PM
i like lego cuase if you have the right skill's you can build ships hsbro has not yet made :)

Croaker
06-21-2002, 07:22 AM
Because Dack was made by Lego long before Hasbro made him.

JaZzYjaZZ
06-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Well, the Lego minifig Deg could actually just pass for any rebel pilot :)

fourtwo
06-21-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by saladin
their both good but lego is to expensive, the only lego worth buying is the yoda set with dooku, and the big yoda, everything else is to much money.

dude that big yoda is frickin expensive. its probably the most expensive set at retail.

aceguide
06-24-2002, 10:56 AM
I've found that the kids really have a better time with the legos. It's an imagination thing.

Legos are also great because their limitations are consistent. There is no "better" way to have the Tuskin Raider hold his riffle. Articulation is no concern. There is no comparing one figures abilities to another.

Finally, in some cases, the ships are just better. They are to scale, they have amazing detail, and they can explode into a million pieces!

I'm a die hard ficure collector - but with a young child I've had much more fun with the legos - now if they would onyl go on sale more often...

JediTricks
06-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Plus, another groovy thing about Lego is that if you don't like the surface details, all it takes is some extra pieces to add your own touches. I changed my X-wing's droid slot so it "hugs" the R2 figure via 2 pivoting 2x1 bricks and 2x1 smooth plates.