PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca with Dejarik Game Board POTF2 Figure

uLHg182
06-18-2002, 11:56 PM
Hey I was looking through the Collector's Database and I came upon this figure, Chewbacca with Dejarik Game Board POTF2 (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=27974). The thing that confused me was that I thought this was only a POTJ figure. Can someone please tell me what the deal is with the POTF2 Chewbacca with Dejarik Game Board. Thanks.

QLD
06-19-2002, 12:34 AM
I have noticed this a lot in the databse. If you look under the POTJ section, it is listed there too. It was originally planned to be a POTF fig, before they changed the line. And if you look at the notes, it says never released in the line. I am guessing there were a few protoypes made before the line changed, and if you have one, it is probably pretty darn rare. So I guess he feels obligated to do it. There are several POTF and E1 figures that are the same way.

Lord Tenebrous
06-20-2002, 08:17 PM
There were a few carded samples, but they were never released to retail. Toy Fair followed up with the rough cut of POTJ packaging.

Chewbacca would have looked similar to the attached. The first wave (Mas Amedda, Chewbacca, Coruscant Guard, and Tusken Raider) were all originally supposed to have this design, but instead became the first wave of POTJ.

BillyJAck
06-21-2002, 02:35 AM
bOY O BoY i'd give anything to get my hands on ep1 carded samples of tusken raider, coruscant guard, and especially mas amedda on mint cards. anyone know where i could aquire one for a lofty price? hmm

BillyJAcK

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 04:44 AM
Sometimes they pop up on ebay for some hundred dollars.

BillyJAck
06-21-2002, 11:33 PM
where where where where where! can i find them ...... i'd kill for some commtech potf2 proofs or wave 9 and 10 proofs from episode 1 figures. any of those i mentioned on the cards. ...looking at those makes my mouth water. those things are going to be worth thousands someday...

billy

Lord Tenebrous
06-22-2002, 12:11 AM
They're scarce, but if you're dilligent, you might find one pop up in a secondary market outlet. Just keep on checking eBay, Yahoo, etc. I can't put an exact dollar value on the set, but $2,000 for the wave isn't too far-fetched. However, you could probably get a labelled or unlabelled new-style commtech chip for much, much less.

Here are the other Episode I cards. Still looking for Chewbacca.

EDIT: Or you could follow the link in the initial post. Me = moron. :stupid:

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 12:30 AM
The irony in those two figures being some of the first planned for those new commtech chips is that they didn't speak, or hardly spoke in the movie. :D

jdmarlow
07-18-2002, 04:17 PM
BOTTOM LINE - I want those sample cards!