View Full Version : Anakin vs. A'Sharad Hett
darth maul rat
06-19-2002, 01:27 AM
I don't know if anybody has suggested this, either here or at Dark Horse, but shouldn't A'Sharad Hett, the Tusken Raider Jedi, be really ****ed at Anakin? If Anakin knew his mom was in danger, and Obi Wan knew that Alderaan had been destroyed, both by using the Force, then it stands to reason that he could have done the same to sense his people being slaughtered.
I don't pick up the Star Wars book any more from Dark Horse, since every issue seems to be about the Devronian, but I do think they wasted an opportunity by not using A'Sharad Hett more than they did.
06-19-2002, 05:18 PM
I dont know if A'Sharad would be mad, its not like the Tuskens are one people, there are seperate clans (I believe). But who knows, maybe.
06-19-2002, 06:12 PM
This is pure speculation, but methinks Lucasfilm requested A'Sharad be "toned down." Think of the serious repercussions of a post-AOTC Anakin coming into contact with A'Sharad. It would open up cans of worms that Lucas wants to savor for himself. :D
darth maul rat
06-19-2002, 11:39 PM
Actually I intended to go on more about this than I did, as it was getting late and I needed sleep for some reason. I realize that Tuskens are in separate clans, but I also think Hett would still feel a link to Tuskens via the Force. I could be wrong.
But I definitely think there would be a problem between him and Anakin if they met. Anakin said he wanted to kill them all. It makes sense that Lucasfilm would want to distance the two characters. Except it doesn't really matter since only 1% of us read the thing. And I am in the other 99%.
But I suppose this is one of those things that will go unanswered until we find out how it is dealt with in Episode III. Oh well.
06-21-2002, 01:39 AM
i hope it's delt with, because just think how anakin will go down evil and anger and this tusken has given rage and now it's used aganist him, crazy.
06-28-2002, 02:19 AM
Maybe he did feel what happened. Still wouldn't mean he'd know all the details, like who was responsible for instance, or that any Jedi was involved at all. I tend to doubt that Anakin would share many details regarding the event with any other Jedi. Even Yoda may not be likely to know all the details. Plus, it's also true that in the EU the Tusken's culture is very feudal, so it's likely that it may not have been as big a deal to him as Anakin losing his mother. It'd be interesting to see the interaction between Anakin and A'Sharad after the fact though; Anakin surely wouldn't hold Hett in very high regard!
Plus, George Lucas probably doesn't even acknowledge the existence of A'Sharad Hett!
darth maul rat
06-29-2002, 01:31 AM
The key to the whole thing is how it is dealt with in Ep III. Given that Anakin is still Padawan to Obi-Wan, at some point he is going to want to know what happened while he was away at Kamino. Now unless the plot thread of the diminished Force capacity of the Jedi comes into play here, and the Master cannot sense subterfuge from the student, Obi-Wan is going to know something went wrong.
As for the attack not being a big thing to a Tusken, I have heard people theorizing that the reason Luke gets attacked in ANH is due to this in Ep II. No matter what, people do not believe in coincidence in the Star Wars Universe. For all we know, this group Anakin killed could have been what was left of Hett's tribe.
Ultimately, this is a Dark Horse situation, since it is their character that this deals with. And since they will probably be close to dealing with the situations in AOTC by the time Ep III comes out, they could make it an issue of Star Wars tales. You know, like Maul vs. Vader. And in the end, Hett will die, as will most of the other Jedi, at the hands of Vader. Except for Windu. Boba gets his head.
Maybe at the last minute, Skippy the Jedi Droid could save Hett. Then it would be the perfect Dark Horse story.
07-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Whatever happens I think it would be cool to see them fight, they both have the anger management issues and could use some therapy, but I think it would be a neat duel.
07-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Anakin would whoop A'sharad Hett's butt back to the sand that he came from
07-19-2002, 11:30 AM
No, they would battle and while they duel Aurra Sing would sneak up a kill them both.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.