PDA

View Full Version : Aura Sing once Jedi?

sunblind
06-19-2002, 09:46 AM
Sorry for the late notice but I just bought the action figure and read the back and it said that she was once a jedi? Then she must be apart of the lost 20?

jedi master sal
06-19-2002, 09:58 AM
The lost twenty is comprised of those who chse to,leave the order. I believe if Aurra Sing was once a Jedi she was more than likely removed by the council. This also helps to explain why she hunts down (and is able to kill) Jedi.

Rogue II
06-19-2002, 10:56 AM
I thought I read somewhere that she was training to be a Jedi, but never made it. I think her story is in the starwars databank.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-19-2002, 01:21 PM
Is there a list of the lost 20?

Lord Tenebrous
06-19-2002, 03:06 PM
The "Lost Twenty" was removed from the movie, meaning that it's no longer a "canon" subject. Most likely Lucas felt it wouldn't be worth adding, for it would just bring up more questions that don't matter to the prequel story.

Aurra Sing never completed her training, so she wouldn't be part of it. However, I do think there is a Jedi in Rogue Planet who leaves, which both means she could be part of the lost 20, and conflicts with it, because it implies that she probably left after Dooku.

Anyways, all that's important is that Count Dooku is the most recent Jedi to leave the order, and it's important because of the master/apprentice relationship - Dooku trained Qui-Gon, and his master, Yoda, had tried to remove Dooku's inclination towards power...unsuccessfully.

Lobito
07-05-2002, 04:31 PM
This is EU, but if u are interested u can look for the Aurra Sing Comic book from DH on which she has a fight with Ki adi Mundi. Look for it.

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Aurra Sing's Bio reads like this: Trained by the rogue Jedi Dark Women, this former Jedi apprentice is shrouded in as much mystery as her former master. This is the insert card from the POTJ series, so she clearly is not one of the lost twenty and never a Jedi.

Jason B
07-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Say it with me:

EU IS ALL BS, AND FOR THE MOST PART IT SUCKS.

:p

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 08:19 AM
well, Jason B, I wasn
't a nig fan of the EU too, but recently I read some EU books (SOTE, Jedi Padawan #1 and #7) and they are actually pretty good, although I think the books after the OT are getting to unrealistic (in a SW sense of course) and too complicated so I guess I won't start to read those

Jason B
07-06-2002, 09:32 AM
Yeah, some of it is OK, but it really depends on the author.

Dar' Argol
07-07-2002, 01:16 AM
Here is the skinny from the data bank at Starwars.com:

Pain, death and vengeance have been constants in Aurra Sing's life. Had she benefited from a better upbringing, perhaps she may have grown to be one of the greatest of the Jedi order. Instead, she became one its deadliest scourges.

As with all Jedi hopefuls, Aurra's Force-potential was discovered when she was an infant. Being raised on the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa's vertical cities, Auura's species is unknown, and her mother was a spice-addled reprobate named Aunuanna. The mysterious Jedi known only as the Dark Woman took custody of Aurra, spiriting her away to Coruscant to begin her initiation into the Jedi way, taking her far from the dark decay of the Smuggler's Moon.

Aurra was a difficult, headstrong student. She displayed a cunning instinct and deadly reflexes, but lacked the control needed to fully master the Force. The Jedi Council hoped that the Dark Woman could tame Aurra's aggressive instincts. Some of her fellow students even branded her with the nickname "Nashtah," after the deadly six-legged Dravian hound.

Aurra and the Dark Woman never established the bond that the Council had hoped for. While on a trip to Ord Namurt, Aurra was kidnapped by star pirates, who fed her lies regarding the Jedi. The lies played well to Aurra's natural fears of abandonment and betrayal. At the tender age of nine, she turned her back on the Jedi order, not even having achieved the rank of Padawan.

The life of a pirate agreed with Sing, as she was able to focus her aggression. She learned martial and hunting skills while living on the fringe. Ill fortune caught up with Sing when she was taken captive by a Hutt crime lord. Wanting her turned into a deadly assassin, the Hutt apprenticed Sing to a group of vampiric Anzati. Aurra underwent a transformation, stripping away any vestiges of compassion she had left. She emerged from her training a deadly, remorseless killer, seeking revenge for all who had wronged her in the past.

Aurra became an independent bounty hunter specializing in Jedi hunts. She collected at least six lightsabers from her fallen foes as grim trophies, and brandished her own scarlet-bladed Jedi weapon. She armed herself with twin blaster pistols and a long projectile rifle. Emerging from her bald skull was a long, thin, Rhen-Orm biocomputer sensor implant which increased her situational awareness. For her primary surface conveyance, Sing relied upon an outdated but highly modified swoop.

Aurra continued to kill Jedi as the Republic began to decay and crumble around her. A'Sharad Hett, Peerce and J'Mikel were but three of the Jedi she murdered. She had longed to track down the Dark Woman and exact vengeance for what she viewed as betrayal.

History is vague as to the outcome Sing's vendetta, as galactic strife occluded such personal tales. Aurra Sing disappeared for years. Some report that she resurfaced during the Galactic Civil War as a combatant in Jabba the Hutt's demolition contests.

As far as EU "sucks" Jason B, wsa not TPM and AOTC conicdered EU at one time. But now that it has reached the silver screen, all of a sudden its ok, cause its a movie now?? That doesn't make sense. IMO, its ALL Star Wars, and there for it all should be concidered. I love a lot of the books. They give the characters more depth. You can understand them better. Plus you find out about little referances in the movies. I just finished The Approching Storm by Alan Dean Foster and it explains the mission to Ansion and reveles the "aggressive negotioations(sp) that Obi-Wan and Anakin went through. The Han Solo Triogly by A.C. Crispen starts out with a 17 yr old Han and follows him until you see him in the cantina In ANH. It explains a lot on why he feels a good blaster at you side is better then any "Hokey" religion. And why he took offence to being called "scruffy" and not a nerf herder by Leia. I'm getting ready to sit down and read The bounty Hunter Wars (3 part series in 1 book) by H. W. Jeter. Its about Booba Fett and his past Bounties:D. Everyone is so against EU, but most have not read more then 1 book to base that opinion on. Just because its not in theaters or on video/DVD doesn't mean it should be ignored:(

Jason B
07-07-2002, 10:47 AM
That's where I differ from you, I think "Star Wars" is the six movies. Anything else is just an author's opinion on what happened, and it can (and has been) proved to be false.
My uncle has the Han Trilogy on tape, and it's OK. I don't take that as what happened, but it's a good story, just the same. Also, I read the Bounty Hounty Wars, and th only thing I liked about it was D' Har' Han. I thought the fact that Boba Fett lived after falling into the Sarlacc, and then he meets up with Oola, one of Jabba's slave girls, was just stupid.
Can you explain to me how TPM, AOTC, and E3 were once considered EU? They are (to be) essential parts of the story, made by GL, not by someone else.
Here's how I see it. The Expanded Universe is just fanboy's dreams on how he thought it should have gone, or something to that effect. They didn't like how George Lucas wrote it, so they have to put their own pieces in.
My opinion. :)

Lord Tenebrous
07-07-2002, 11:20 PM
“There are two worlds here,” explained Lucas. “There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe.”

So the movies are all Lucas really cares about, story-wise. :)

Jason B
07-07-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
So the movies are all Lucas really cares about, story-wise. :)

Me too. I think the EU has some good stories, but I don't take it to be true. :)

DarthSetnom
07-08-2002, 01:41 AM
but still it can sometimes fill the gaps in the story and answer most of the questions in a somewhat satisfactory way.

Jason B
07-08-2002, 08:39 AM
arguably. ;)

jedi master sal
07-08-2002, 09:19 AM
So getting back to Aurra Sing.........

Lobito
07-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Everyone is so against EU, but most have not read more then 1 book to base that opinion on. Just because its not in theaters or on video/DVD doesn't mean it should be ignored

Not me, from all i've read and seen of the EU, i've liked almost everything. (I didnt liked Splinters of the Mind) But most of it is really good material. The choice is there...u can ignore it or use it. Now to answer the question of this thread we have 2 options:

1.- Follow the OT...which means we dont know a thing from Aurra sing, since we only see her in EP I for 1 second.

2.- Follow the EU...where u will get your answer.

Peace.

thespar
07-12-2002, 02:42 PM
i go along with lobito with this one depends on what you flow. If you only go with the movie she is no more then a jawa in the background.

Jason B
07-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Excellent point. Why doesn't anyone care about some of the Jawa's backgrounds, or other cameo appearences like that?

JON9000
07-13-2002, 01:40 PM
Wasn't there some silliness in an EU story about Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru actually being killed by agents of Xizor? That's the sort of stuff I cannot stand. Trying to go back and reinforce throwaways like Xizor by weaving them into other parts of the story. Just an opinion, but I find that "Star Wars" just does not work in a non visual medium. Some of the comics were okay, but resurrecting the Emperor so degraded the end of Jedi that I just can't give it much credibility.

thespar
07-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Heck if you only follow the movies for her we do not even have a name for her.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Aurra Sing was trained by the Dark Woman but she also recieved lightsaber training from Ki Adi Mundi

Old Fossil
07-26-2002, 09:24 AM
I don't normally put much stock into EU stories, but the "Tales" series were really well done, for the most part. Then there's 'Shadows of the Empire.' Not OT, but fits in nicely, and the story was well-written and well-thought-out.

If nothing else, the EU stories are fun. Sort of like an adult version of kids playing make-believe with their figures in the back yard.

robert mrowka jr
07-28-2002, 09:37 AM
does anyone know who the lost 20 are?please list if you do