PDA

View Full Version : Collector DB, Print View

stillakid
06-19-2002, 11:42 AM
I have my collection listed.

Now, if I want to print it out (in order to manually write in quantities of each figure ;) ), I go to Print View. However, the listing is all over the map. Beyond the little numbers in front of the items, there is no way to organize the Have List or Want List in any meaningful way that I can see (alphabetically, or by series).

:confused:

All I can do is go to Browse, call up each individual checklist page, then print those out...

SirSteve
07-22-2002, 04:13 PM
I am in the print view now and it is all uniformed, yours is not? We are working on getting it in alphabetical order.

stillakid
07-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
I am in the print view now and it is all uniformed, yours is not? We are working on getting it in alphabetical order.

When I click on "My Have List" the list comes back in order of the "List ID" on the far left column which appears to be a fairly useless number for me. The "Description" items are all over the map. There appears to be no logical grouping in terms of items except for the List ID number. So the only realistic way to "use" the database is to individually navigate to each area where the haves/wants are checked off and print those. The MY HAVE LIST area is impractical as a guide right now.

SirSteve
07-23-2002, 01:28 AM
What OS and browser are you using? Can you e-mail me a screen cap?

stillakid
07-23-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
What OS and browser are you using? Can you e-mail me a screen cap?

WinME. Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.

Sorry, I've got no idea how to do a screen capture. You're suggesting that the way the Database is formatted is variable depending upon the machine that views it? :confused:

stillakid
10-17-2002, 12:16 PM
I've just finished my upgrade to WinXP. While it fixed a host of other problems, the Print View is still all askew (on my machine.) :)

However, after a bit of poking around, I finally figured out how to edit the quantities of figures in my Have and Want lists. Perhaps there's another way to do it that isn't showing up on my machine, but if I go to MY ACCOUNT/MY HAVE LIST then click on one of the LIST ID numbers in the far left column, it takes me to a page where quantities can be adjusted and notes can be made.

If someone at SSG knew this, why couldn't it have been clearly explained before?

Can the program be adjusted so that, for example, when we go to COLLECTORS DATABASE/BROWSE/2002-NOW STAR TOURS/ACTION FIGURES-BASIC/WEG-1618 the quantiy adjustment box can be placed on that page instead? That's where we go to click the HAVE or WANT button anyway. It would save having to go there to click a selection, then navigate to the screen with the LIST ID numbers and then do the meticulous search through that listing as it's not in any particular order, alphabetical or otherwise.

Just a thought. Thanks! :)