PDA

View Full Version : It stinks when you see new figures that are damaged!

misthunter210
06-19-2002, 11:51 AM
I went to my local Wal-mart yesturday and found the Bespin wave, no one else in site. But half of them were damaged! I open my figures so i didnt bother me that much but damaged figures are going to just sit on the shelf for the rest of eternity. I hate it when the hanger on a figure gets ripped off and the ladys in the toy department just shove the peg right through the card!:eek: With damaged figures clogging the shelves, we will never see the new stuff coming out. I think to solve this they should put the damaged figures on clearance; big clearance. What do you think?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-19-2002, 01:20 PM
I found a Ploo Koon with a background and what a surprise! The package was mutilated! That was the only Ploo w/ BG I've seen in my area!

Hellboy
06-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by misthunter210
I went to my local Wal-mart yesturday and found the Bespin wave, no one else in site. But half of them were damaged! I open my figures so i didnt bother me that much but damaged figures are going to just sit on the shelf for the rest of eternity. I hate it when the hanger on a figure gets ripped off and the ladys in the toy department just shove the peg right through the card!:eek: With damaged figures clogging the shelves, we will never see the new stuff coming out. I think to solve this they should put the damaged figures on clearance; big clearance. What do you think?

You're never going to see damaged packaging be a reason for putting a figure on clearance since they're intended to be opened. It would be nice but they are toys and toys are made to be played with.

Lord Tenebrous
06-19-2002, 07:27 PM
The figures aren't damaged, and with the sheer volume of product, you can't expect to find "perfect" packaging.

So buy for the $5.78 of action figure, not for the $0.10 of paper and bubble.

Anything else is speculation, and wrong. Speculation is the reason why you feel your figures must be in pristine packaging, and why you have to get up at 6 in the morning to get the figures you want.

sith_killer_99
06-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Actually, many stores DO put figures, ships, etc. on clearance, for no other reason than damaged PACKAGING.

Usually stuff with damaged packaging sits around for a while. People have a tendancy NOT to buy stuff in a damaged package. So, in order to get rid of it they mark them down.

It's similar to the way that Target marked down all the older POTJ and even the Sneak Preview stuff when the new line hit. There was nothing wrong with the figures. They are the EXACT same figures that people paid $6.44 or more for, only Target wanted to get rid of them.

;)