PDA

View Full Version : The blasted Acklay has eluded me yet again!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2002, 10:56 AM
I called pretty much all the Wal-marts and TRU's in my area and most said they hadn't gotten in the acklay. but 2 of the WM's said that they had gotten in 1 case (which has 4) and had sold out. is this blasted acklay going to get alot of distribution or is he going to be a huge pain to get??? if anybody has any info, let a brutha know! thanks!

DeadEye
06-19-2002, 12:10 PM
I, too, have trouble finding this beast. I bet it'll be as hard to find as Dooku on 4/23!!! :frus:

pthfnder89
06-19-2002, 12:23 PM
I haven't seen on either which is too bad because this is the first Beast figure from AOTC that I really want to buy. I can't wait to set him up with my Obi Wan:)

JEDIpartner
06-19-2002, 01:52 PM
This one was my favourtie beastie in the film. I hope they were able to digitise that nasty, high-pitched shreik of his! That was one of the things I looked forward to each time I saw the film! Loved it!!!

JrJedi
06-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I, too, have trouble finding this beast. I bet it'll be as hard to find as Dooku on 4/23!!! :frus:

Gosh, I sound to myself like a commerical for KEBco. I think I'm going to ask them to put me on their payroll.

I got mine at KEBco. Didn't have to search for it, didn't go to a single store. It's part of being in their One Of Every Figure club. You can get deluxe, beast, ships, pretty much any and everything. I do beleive this is the best offer that any on-line retailer has ever offered, bar none !:D

Lord Tenebrous
06-19-2002, 02:27 PM
I hope they were able to digitise that nasty, high-pitched shreik of his!

Unfortunately, he just has snapping claws and jaw, and the stomach wound. But he is the same price as the Reek, so his slightly larger size meant a cut in electronic features. :(

DeadEye
06-19-2002, 03:19 PM
But that's ok...for me at least...I have the toy bug from Starship Troopers, and it makes sounds...and since the bugs and the acklay made the same noise...well...you know.

ChemOx
06-19-2002, 03:56 PM
the funny thing is that for some reason, we get the big figs and beasts up here, but no new 3 3/4"!!! have had the same basic figs since the original April 23 shipment........but we are getting the new Anakins and Nexu's..as well as 8 aklays, some reeks etc.

Jonna
06-19-2002, 04:01 PM
Nada in Northern NJ.

Hellboy
06-19-2002, 06:52 PM
It'll be warming the store shelves much like the Reek is in just a few months so be patient.

DeadEye
06-19-2002, 07:06 PM
I want this creature. Once I get him, I'll recreate my own version of the arena battle. It'll have:

-The acklay
-The bugs from Starship Troopers
-The nexu
-The rancor
-Some Jurassick Park T-rexes and raptors

And about 50 Jedi fighting them! :happy: :evil: :greedy: :D

Darth Yambag
06-19-2002, 07:39 PM
It soon will see the same fate *** the Reek.

However, if you must, Yestertoys has it for like 16 0r 18 bills...