PDA

View Full Version : Take your camera toy shopping!!!

brentfett
06-19-2002, 12:32 PM
My friend and I were sitting around talking about scalpers yesterday and came up with a funny idea. We should use this thread to post pics of scalpers caught in the act stocking up on Star Wars! I'd die just to see one deer-in-the-headlights picture of a scalper with a full cart of Orn Free Tas!:) So if you're up for the challenge, stick your camera in your pocket the next time you go toy hunting and we'll see what develops!!!

Jonna
06-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Most places will not let you take recording equipment into their stores because of security reasons. I once went into a mall with a camcorder and was thrown out. I was only hanging out with friends in a coffee shop, but security said that they were not allowed at the mall.

misthunter210
06-19-2002, 12:44 PM
That would be hilarious. First you could ask there name the snap i photo. NOt only would you have a photo of the jerk but a name as well. HAHA.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Eh, if you sneak it in, what are they gonna do? and if the scalper complains about it, what is he going to say??

"Yeah, these folks here were taking a picture of me in order to stop me from selling products i'm purchasing from your store in order to hack up the price and rip you off and make money for myself"

If a scalper says that, i hope somebody brings some recording equipment too.

aharry
06-19-2002, 01:10 PM
Jonna, malls are owned by private companies, just like other retail chains like Wal-Mart, and therefore you must get permission from the management office before bringing any recording device onto their premises. Even media outlets such as local TV crews are not allowed to even enter the parking lot without first consulting the company that owns/runs the mall.
I like the idea of catching losers in the act of being losers but that could get this website in trouble as a picture of "the scapler caught in the act" posted here without permission maybe interpeted as a form of libel. With the world so sue happy, it could come back to bite someone in the behind.

Forhekset
06-19-2002, 01:14 PM
That reminds me of what they do at http://www.mulletsgalore.com/. The guy who runs the site has actually gotten physically assaulted (and caught it on tape) by people he was trying to take pics of.

Jonna
06-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks aharry. I did not know that. This was about 12 years ago so I actually forgot about it until I saw this post.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 01:17 PM
Forkeset, that is one wicked site!! Some of my friends gave me the 2002 mullets galore calendar. There are a couple of pics on there that look like the people got out of hand.

aharry
06-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Jonna, your welcome. I've got an exam in my Communication Law class coming up next week, so my brain is throughly soaked with all this libel and filming on private property stuff.

jeedaihunter
06-19-2002, 01:52 PM
at the Midnight Madness at Wal-Mart, my buddy tried to take a picture of the completed shelf before the rush, but was told he couldn't, and we had to take the camera outside...but I agree, it would be a totally hilarious thing to do...

OriginalBryGuy
06-19-2002, 03:15 PM
http://www.originalplots.com/digital/050302/images/DCP_2814.JPG

http://www.originalplots.com/digital/050302/images/DCP_2862.JPG

Mandalorian Candidat
06-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Taking scalper pictures is a great idea! Then you could use the picture to make a Wanted poster and stick them all over the SW aisle. :D

brentfett
06-19-2002, 05:21 PM
And as for the scalpers seeing their faces on SSG and suing, you have to be an actual STAR WARS FAN to be in SSG's forums!

LTBasker
06-19-2002, 05:41 PM
You know how you can easily get tiny mobile cameras from those spy shops? :D