PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm such a Nice Guy pt. 2

BillyJAck
06-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Well I ment to post this last night when it happened but i didn't get home till real late. I've finished my work for the day so I thought I'd share this other nice little story with all yall. I was at Wal Mart last night were we got absolutely flooded with the bespin wave . I mean like 20 cases of Collection 1 Wave 4 Ratio 3 and 4 cases of Collection 1 Wave 4 Ratio 5(has Han Endor) Well anyway. theres a scalper over here going nuts. He says to Me " I can't believe they release so many of them at the same time! I just bought up a ton of these. This is going to make me lose money." ( yeah i really felt sorry for him..::rolls eyes:::) well anyway he has 4 Dooku's in his cart all MOMC. Plus he got some massiffs, one yoda, and all the Luke Bespins with the flesh colored peg. Now this guy has a full cart and is bending as many Luke Bespins as he can. i said " Just what the hell do you think you doing bending those?" he said " I do that so i don't lose money why whats the problem" well from there it could have gotten into a fist fight. Well before it could get into a full out collision(some people on here dream about a confrontation like this). Well a kid and his father came up. I had 4 Han Endors in my hand that i pulled from the case that the scalper was drooling over and keep asking me "Are you sure your going to get them all?" I said "Yeah" . I asked the kid what he was looking for he told me a 2 Count Dooku and 1 Darth Vader. He got his Vader then I offered him two of my Hans after telling him it was a hard find and only one to a case. He decided to take one. Well he walked up to the scalper and said " Hey Mister I really need a Count Dooku could you spare one of those 4" of coarse the jerk said " NO" Well the kid look confused and dissappointed. well the kid went down the aisle to take a second look. Well heres where I came to rescue. I went up to the scalper in a mad mode. I said to him " How about giving me some of those Dookus" he replied " No way i got them out of the case first NO WAY dude". then I said. "Well if you don't give me two of those Dooku's I'm going to get the store manager and tell them you are damaging collectible goods and explain your scalping." He looked a lil ticked. He then gave me two Dooku's and shove them at me saying "here fine then!!"...then I said " No how about three,,,go ahead and give me one more or i'm getting you in serious trouble" He then handed me another. I then gave the kid two of them and kept one and I left. I'm such a nice guy. lol :)

BillyJack

DarthMushy
06-19-2002, 01:13 PM
Way to go! No way would I let anyone get away with bending cards. I'd have called the manager on him anyway... he's damaging merchandise that isn't his.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-19-2002, 01:19 PM
You showed that scalper. Kudos to you!

Darth Shifty
06-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Bravo, BillyJAck!!!

Old Fossil
06-19-2002, 02:04 PM
It's too bad things have to come to this pass. Collecting Star Wars figures should be fun, not a Duel of the Fates with scalpers. I'm just glad to hear the little kid got his Dooku.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-19-2002, 02:44 PM
That was really nice. It totally sucks when kids who are into buying AND PLAYING with the toys get screwed cause of some loser who can't get a legit job. It makes me feel good to see that there are people looking out for the little ones since there are too many who do bad stuff to them.