PDA

View Full Version : Jar Jar in MIB2?

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Just got back from my local TRU. While there I found a MIB2 deluxe figure 2 pack that came with JAR JAR!

What the F*!

Actually it's just his head, but still...

Lord Tenebrous
06-19-2002, 04:59 PM
You could find some pictures, of course. :)

And no big deal for a Gungan to be in MIB II. The alien Will Smith helped give birth to in MIB bears more than a slight resemblance to Kit Fisto...

Beast
06-19-2002, 05:06 PM
I just looked thru the MIIB deluxe figures at Hasbro.Com, and while there are some odd looking aliens in the packs, I don't see how you could think they look like Jar Jar. Unless you mean the three eyed critter in the Scrad & Charlie set.

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/brand.Men%20In%20Black/dn/browse_products.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 05:12 PM
No Way Dude! This is JAR JAR exactly! It almost looks as if the head was cast off a Hasbro figure. No doubt this is most certainly Jar Jar. Wish I had a digital camera.

Jonna
06-19-2002, 05:14 PM
Crack......Cocaine.....anyone....ANYONE!?!

Beast
06-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Jonna, I think Cubehead has had enough. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
06-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Alright, but only if you promiss to tell me what MTFBWY and HH!! Means.

Beast
06-19-2002, 05:19 PM
That would be, May The Force Be With You and Happy Hunting!! An old saying that goes back to around late 1997 and 1998, when new figures were getting really hard to catch in stores. :)

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
06-19-2002, 05:21 PM
Thanks...ya know I heard somewhere that "Knowing is half the battle".

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 05:21 PM
You both will look like fools when this figure hits every store in America...

That's all I can say. It's Jar Jar, it's also probably a huge spoiler. If you don't belive me, it's your loss. But in two weeks you'll be the fool.

Lord Tenebrous
06-19-2002, 05:22 PM
I can't help but remember when somebody once posted a picture of a 12" Pilot Anakin from Episode 1. Only the new accessories were taken out, and replaced with some WW2 guns and a helmet.

So you never know, maybe this particular piece was a victim of the "replace and return" method....

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 05:23 PM
Ok, get off your asses and go to Toys r' Us!!!!

LTBasker
06-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Anyone else thinking CubeHead = JingoFett?

Jonna
06-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Uhhh.. I already look like a fool, so no big loss. You really shouldn't get so upset though; it is bad for your heart. We are all just goofing on one another here.

Peace out, Yo! (I can't believe I just said that)

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Cubehead=Jingo Fett?????

Seriously, you must be fools to think that I don't freakin know what f'ing Jar Jar looks like. This is a new toy! In a sealed package! I found it at (***) TRU in Los Angeles at about 10:00 in the morning! Are you people on crack? Why is this so hard to believe? ILM did the effects for both films. Plus it's great P.R. for jar jar. It's a natural crossover, and like I said before,
A HUGE SPOILER!! You shut ins need to get out of the house...

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 05:33 PM
By the way, who the heck is 'jingo-fett?'

"Peace out yo", I can't believe you said that either!

lol:)

Jonna
06-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Do you realize that you just made an assumption about us at the same time that you said not to make assumptions about you.

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 05:35 PM
I did? I thought you guys said I was on crack? Well, I'm just sparring with you anyways. I never take this stuff seriously!:D

I view all fellow fans as potential friends.

Beast
06-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Well, I looked at carded pictures at Entertainment Earth, and I still don't see anything that really looks like Jar Jar. Which charecter was this supposed Jar Jar head packed with?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 05:38 PM
It's packed with a Will Smith figure. It also comes with some sort of "MIB' gizmo.

Jonna
06-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Come now JarJarBinks! You know exactly what the "Jar Jar head (is) packed with?" Cheese to make Fondu!

MMMMUUUU....fondu!!!!!

pthfnder89
06-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Cubehead
Cubehead=Jingo Fett?????

Seriously, you must be fools to think that I don't freakin know what f'ing Jar Jar looks like. This is a new toy! In a sealed package! I found it at (***) TRU in Los Angeles at about 10:00 in the morning! Are you people on crack? Why is this so hard to believe? ILM did the effects for both films. Plus it's great P.R. for jar jar. It's a natural crossover, and like I said before,
A HUGE SPOILER!! You shut ins need to get out of the house...

CubeHead - just because ILM did the effects for both films doesn't mean that they can put in whatever they want. There are still licencing issues involved. And that's especially true if the "JarJar" alien has a big enough role in the film to be made into an action figure.

And as far as "great PR for JarJar" that means nothing. It's not a natural crossover because MIB is not a Lucasfilm production and even if this JarJar alien is really in MIB 2 there is no way in hell that they are going to pretend that it's really JarJar from the Star Wars films.

So chill out, stop being rude, and if you want us to believe you so badly, post a picture, because JarJarBinks and I have both looked at the Internet pictures of the MIB2 toys, and neither of us see the alien you are talking about ok?:rolleyes:

Beast
06-19-2002, 06:14 PM
Well said pthfnder89. I checked the Will Smith Agent J figures on Hasbro.Com again, and the only alien critters he gets packed with is either a robot squid alien, or Frank the Pug. So please, post a picture. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 06:19 PM
*Sigh*, First off pthfinder(?), I wasn't being rude, I was just kidding around.

Secondly, I am totally serious about his Jar Jar toy. I can't believe you guys think that I wouldn't know what Jar Jar's head looks like.
Sheesh! Also, just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean that it is not true. Get in your car and drive to a TRU, you'll more than likely see one for your self. That's all I can say.

Dooku Fett
06-19-2002, 06:28 PM
Why don't you buy the figure, take it home, take a picture of it, then return it for your money back?

Lord Tenebrous
06-19-2002, 06:32 PM
Frank the Pug is cool. :cool:

Anyways, I did some searching, and this really is the closest I can find. Maybe I'll get one, hook him into Ketwol's pants, and add him to the cantina. :D

Beast
06-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Frank the Pug is cool. :cool:
Anyways, I did some searching, and this really is the closest I can find. Maybe I'll get one, hook him into Ketwol's pants, and add him to the cantina. :D
:D Is that an alien in your pants, or are you happy to see me? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
06-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Um, why is it a "HUGE SPOILER!!!". This guy is wacked. Post a pic, if not no one will believe you. Unless it "magically" pops up in their store. :crazed:

Cubehead
06-19-2002, 11:31 PM
Well, you guessed it, that Jar Jar MIB2 pack-in I saw was a fake!

A meticulous re-sealing job, using accesories from the first series of MIB and a Jar Jar head. The funny thing is I have known how to remove bubbles without rdamaging the package for some time now. In fact I think many of the so called "errors" and "variants"
we have been seeing are fakes. Probably created using this same technique. A fantastic prank if I have ever seen one. I'm very jealous that I did not think of it first. Oh well, live and learn.

I will now eat a large bowl of crow with a side of humble pie!
My appologies go out to all of you. (except whowever said I was "wacked", I hate that word, you can still kiss my butt)

I can hear my inner voice saying "see this is what you get when your over eager"

Watch for my next thread, "How to make your own fake variants"

dbrubak2
06-19-2002, 11:44 PM
This was the funniest thread I have read through in quite some time. Cubehead, you are hilarious... and a little gullible. Although I probably would have freaked out too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Captain Tarpals / Tommy Lee Jones two pack. Should be a good one...

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 11:45 PM
Well, at least you had the intestinal fortitude to admit when you made mistake.:cool:

Hint: Crow tastes best when you mix it with a little peanut butter. Trust me, I know.:)

Lord Tenebrous
06-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Don't feel bad, Cubehead, others would have done the same had they seen this.

And it's a horrible trend. I just hope that on certain things, like the Target accessory sets, certain collectors suck in their urges and buy or at least wait until clearance, rather than being greedy and looting them for only what they want.

:(

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 12:17 AM
Whens the Boss Nass and Spirit of Edgar pack come out????

Darth Narcis
06-20-2002, 12:39 AM
was there just one of this figure?

Cubehead
06-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Gullible, maybe, Stoned and sleep deprived is more like it!-lol

Anyways, I wish you guys could have seen this thing. One excellent re-pack job to be sure. I'm certain it was made just to fool with collectors.

It reminds me of a time when I found out that a local dealer
was making his own "grey Vest Luke" variants. He was using a substance called "goof off" to remove bubble with out damaging them. Then, he would paint an ordinary jedi luke to make him into a grey vest luke. He then would re-seal the package and offer it in his store! Very evil indeed!

Well, anyways, thanks for being such good sports!

(isn't there a Cheech and Chong movie on?)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-20-2002, 01:41 PM
(nelson voice) ha ha!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. funny freakin' thread though

Jonna
06-20-2002, 02:01 PM
I just can't believe this thread is still going on. I swear, I leave for about 12 hours and there's blood on the ceiling, body parts in the dog food bowl, the fish is hanging from a noose, etc.

Darth Sidious
06-20-2002, 09:18 PM
I think it is jingofett. Hmm...I think he has some sort of sick fetish with Jar Jar (From the movie, not you Jar Jar). He is a gungophile.

Cubehead
06-20-2002, 11:07 PM
I am most certainly NOT jingo fett. I've read his posts and it seems he's a bit of a simp. (Like I should talk-lol)

*toke*

Jason B
06-20-2002, 11:27 PM
CubeHead? [EDITED] maybe.....;)

Jason B, I edited that word out. I did not feel it was approperate(sp) here.
Dar' Argol

bigbarada
06-21-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Jason B, I edited that word out. I did not feel it was approperate(sp) here.
Dar' Argol [/B]

'appropriate'

It makes me feel so good knowing that we have moderators editing our posts who can't spell.:p;):D

Dar' Argol
06-21-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada

'appropriate'

It makes me feel so good knowing that we have moderators editing our posts who can't spell.:p;):D

Hey, I never said I could spell. Matter of fact, I'll be the first to admite I can't! Usually if I catch it I'll stick a (sp) after it. But, :rolleyes:, sometimes I don't catch it.

Oh well, Just as long as I get my point across:D

Beast
06-21-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by kitfistosithlord
hey hey hey, wait, i have a jarjar like charcater too! I cant say it was from toys R us, it was in a Hasbro collecter 2 pack! I bought it off of ebay! But it in the MIB 2 box? what the heck is that!
:stupid: :rolleyes:

OriginalBryGuy
06-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Let this be a reminder why it's better to post a link to a picture before you go on and on about something.

Don't believe everything you see.

WesleySr
06-22-2002, 04:46 PM
Just one quick question. How do you get the bubbles off without damaging the cards and how do you re-seal them? Okay, maybe it was 2 questions.

Jayspawn
06-24-2002, 01:20 AM
LOL! YOu're killing me Lord Tenebrous.

Cubehead, if I happen to see one of these I'll back you up all the way. But I'm not believing it now.

"We will see."