PDA

View Full Version : Palpatine in a lightsaber battel,who wants to see it

mylow thehutt
06-19-2002, 08:54 PM
:) if Mr.Palpy is indeed the master of the dark side then I guess we'll get to see him in action in Ep3 maybe he Kills dooku or fights along side Vader,or duels with Yoda.what do you think.P.S It be sweet if he welded a black saber.:cool:

DeadEye
06-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Nope. It'll be red if he has one.

Eternal Padawan
06-19-2002, 09:57 PM
To the Sidious lightsaber duel: No.

To the blacksaber: that's been brought up before and I think the concensus was "icky." We even had a few of our amateur photoshoppers come up with designs and they didn't look too hot. ( I forgot which thread it was in but if anybody can remember and post a link...groovy)

mylow thehutt
06-19-2002, 11:15 PM
what do you mean it got "icky"

saladin
06-20-2002, 12:23 AM
the looked crudy and wouldn't look right, palpy has so much power he dosen't need to use a lightsaber just his force ability.

lunchymeatball
06-20-2002, 10:43 AM
Yes I think that would be good.
After reading another thread on lightsabre gimmicks I think it would be cool if they gave Sidious a new spin.
I was thinking having two sabres but with the blades turned down to forearm length, and he fights with them with the blades running down his forearms with the butt facing oppponents like billy clubs. He would be real close and in his opponents face.
He would have to have an outfit with less sleave but who knows he may be dressed for combat underneath his robe.

MikeAndTheBots
06-20-2002, 10:56 AM
I think Lucas should save palpy/sidious for ROTJ when he fries luke and vader with the lightning. But that's just me.

ChemOx
06-20-2002, 03:01 PM
Well,......look at it this way.....nobody would have thought to have seen Yoda weild a lightsaber after seeing him in ESB........but.....he did. So I am expecting the unexpected.

DarthBrandon
06-21-2002, 12:52 AM
Be very cool to see, but I have my doubts it will happen.

sunblind
06-21-2002, 07:20 AM
I was wondering about his.....we have yet to see him battle....I'd love that. George might as well put out all the atops for this 3rd one. He better he he doesnt intend on making any other episodes. I mean come on George....Lets see it and the rest.

Obi-Don
06-21-2002, 12:25 PM
It would be cool,but I don't think it will happen.

jawaboy
06-21-2002, 08:20 PM
It appears that he will fight to some degree, or that we will see his power in action. Remember, Yoda warns Luke not to underestimate the powers of the Emperor. Sounds to me like somebody got a big whooping, possibly Yoda and Obi-wan. I don't think he'll use a lightsaber though. He's beyond that. I think we'll just see new Force powers.

Jek Porky 2002
06-22-2002, 08:46 AM
No to the Sidious lightsaber thing, and especially no to the black lightsaber thing, a sith lightsaber is red because it is on full power and glowing hot, plus you can't get black light, it would be impossible and look ludicrously silly, so no thanx I prefer to see him using force lightning.

odi-wan windu
06-22-2002, 01:36 PM
I say palpatine should have a quadruble-bladed-cross-shaped red lightsaber. IF he fights. But that's just me..

odi-wan windu
06-22-2002, 07:09 PM
.................nah :Pirate:

jawaboy
06-24-2002, 07:54 PM
That sounds an awful like a helicopter odi-wan windu....if he spins it fast enough he just might take off...

hango fett
06-25-2002, 09:11 AM
yes. i want a sidious battle. if he's so good, then they better prove it by not just having him get brilliant ideas..................
peace
hango

scruffziller
06-26-2002, 11:07 PM
No I want to see some light claws. Well his clone in Dark Empire had one I know GL doesn't do much with the EU but this would be a logical move.

Geonosian
06-28-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by saladin
the looked crudy and wouldn't look right, palpy has so much power he dosen't need to use a lightsaber just his force ability. It would be extra cool if he does with his black saber:D

odi-wan windu
06-28-2002, 11:38 AM
the only problem is it's impossible.

bobafett07728
06-28-2002, 11:47 AM
I personnaly don't think we'll see Palpatine with a saber. But. . . if we do. . .I'd love to see him fightinig with one of those clunky, poorly made Hasbro lightsabers. That will truly show he is a MASTER OF THE DARK SIDE!

anarky
06-28-2002, 02:07 PM
i heard an aotc rumor a while back about a "flamesaber"--doesn't sound too likely, but it's a possibility

and given lucas's strict rules about lightsaber colors in the movies, it'd definitely be red

i want to see him all old and wrinkly, wearing his cloak, but moving like yoda

Geonosian
06-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by odi-wan windu
the only problem is it's impossible. Nothing is impossible.

Sith Lord 0498
06-29-2002, 04:46 PM
I think Darth Sidious/Palpatine is too much of a manipulator to lower himself to lightsaber duels. His character in all the films so far is to use his mastery of the Dark Side to corrupt good people and mold events to fit his designs. Even when he did unleash his abilities in Episode VI, it was with Force lightning NOT a lightsaber. Even his comment suggests a disdain for the lightsaber.

VADER: "His lightsaber..."

PALPATINE: "Ah yes...a Jedi's weapon. Much like your father's."

He seems to consider it the tool of a Jedi and therefore useless. He doesn't even acknowledge Vader's saber as a Sith weapon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Eh, i personally am hoping that we see Yoda/ Palpatine battle. I agree with whomever posted that even Yoda says "do not underestimate the power of the dark side." I think either Yoda will somehow witnesses the final turning of Anakin to the dark side or we'll see something Palpatine fighting. Personally, i think that we'll just see Palpatine maybe start with a saber, realize he doesn't need it and then turn to force powers? is it 2005 yet?

Laserbrain
06-30-2002, 12:20 AM
Well, I think there's evidence in AOTC that Palpy doesn't know how to use a lightsaber. The Count makes the distinction between use of Force lightning and skill with a saber. You have to be a Jedi to be trained to use a saber and Palpy isn't a Jedi, he's a politican.

Otherwise, Sidious would not need an apprentice knight to do his dirty work for him...

El Chuxter
07-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Laserbrain
You have to be a Jedi to be trained to use a saber and Palpy isn't a Jedi, he's a politican.

How then was Maul trained to be such a skilled lightsaber combatant?

Sith Lord 0498
07-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Sith holocrons perhaps.

AdmiralPiett
07-02-2002, 02:33 AM
I think the black lightsaber thing would look cool. Just think about that scene in Ghost where those little shadowy grim reaper guys came and took Willie to Hell. It could be a special effect kind of like that. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen because Sith blades are always red. That brings me to my next point. Somebody said that sith lightsaber blades are turned up really high and hot so that's why they are red. The truth is that there are sith crystals inside the lightsaber that make the blades red. I read it in one of those Episode II books that they have in the toy department at Kohl's department store while my mom shopped. There is a lot of interesting stuff in those books about powerful sith crystals being stored for knowledge at the library in the Jedi Temple where Obi-Wan went to research Kamino.
Piett

Nebulaz
07-03-2002, 05:08 AM
see the thing with sith are they are too lazy to use genuine ilum crystals so they use synthetic ones, which are a red transparency only...bummer.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-06-2002, 03:31 PM
I dont think sidious/palpy will use a lightsaber thats just plain old stupid and if he did fight yoda, it states in the episode 2 visual dictenory that he can virtually overcome any oppenent...so i say no he wont use a lightsaber

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 04:45 PM
Why would he anyways, his force lightening could wipe'm out.

Jacen Solo
07-17-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by -JediMaster-Yoda-
I dont think sidious/palpy will use a lightsaber thats just plain old stupid and if he did fight yoda, it states in the episode 2 visual dictenory that he can virtually overcome any oppenent...so i say no he wont use a lightsaber
Virtually, but he didn't overcome Dooku. Also I think its a possiblity that we will see Paly fight with a lightsaber because in The Darth Maul EP1 Journal Darth Mual tells of his trials to become a sith lord, "My Master powers up his lightsaber." and as Maul and Sidious battle, "My vision blurs as Lord Sidious raises his lightsaber. I parry the blow, but my lightsaber suddenly flies out of my hand, torn by the power of my Master directing the dark side. I realize then that he has just begn to tap into his own reserves. Mine are played out."
So assuming GL doens't disregard this complete one can say that not only has Sidious used a lightsaber but he is rather adept with it in battle.

hango fett
07-20-2002, 09:02 AM
i would really like to see this. it would be cooler than him just useing force lightning to hurt people. i want to see more lightsaber cutting action!!!

hango fett
07-20-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Nebulaz
Why would he anyways, his force lightening could wipe'm out.
yoda could just absorb it like he did in AOTC. and obi-wan would do that with his saber too! we just have to wait and see...

jet chan
07-20-2002, 03:23 PM
why would yoda warn luke to not under estimate the emporer if he didn't kick some jedi butt in ep 3.
i would love to see him use a light saber, if for only to see how a master of the dark side fights

Jedi Clint
07-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by jet chan
why would yoda warn luke to not under estimate the emporer if he didn't kick some jedi butt in ep 3.

Perhaps because Palpatine took control of the galactic repbublic almost single-handedly right under the collective nose of the Jedi.

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Yeah...you can be powerful without having physical strength, you know...:rolleyes:

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 08:18 PM
Deadeyes right...

jet chan
07-20-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Yeah...you can be powerful without having physical strength, you know...:rolleyes:
i realize that i only said it that way do to the way yoda said it to luke, he seemed to say it a way that he'd seen it first hand

Jawakiller
07-23-2002, 11:24 PM
I think a lightsaber duel will happen. Maul was taken from his homeworld as a child who was the tought single handly by Sidious in all forms of combat. When Maul was struck down, Sidious had no choice and no time to retrain a force sensitive child, so he called upon Dooku. As Mauls final test, he and Sidious had a lightsaber duel, Sidious goaded maul into opening himself to the darkside and in that moment Maul became a Dark Lord of the Sith. All found in "the essential guide to star wars characters" pg.117

Chewtobacco
07-24-2002, 09:07 PM
I agree. Palpy must know how to effectively use a light sabre in order to train his underlings. I'd love to see him throw down with anyone. Even a quick battle between him and a minor character jedi.

The real question is WHEN does it become plainly obvious that Palpy is a sith? At the end of AOTC, it was known that someone in a high ranking position in the senate was a sith, but nobody suspected Palpy.

mylow thehutt
08-10-2002, 04:10 PM
Look at this poster,kind of gives you a glimps of what it might look like.

Darth_Billy_Jack
08-29-2002, 01:39 PM
i dont know if well see palpatine wield a saber in ep III, although it would be cool... he must have a saber. if he is a sith then at one time he must have been a sith apprentice, which means that he was somebody's darth maul at one time and probably went around and did general sith lackey type stuff, meaning he must have had a lightsaber. the darth sidious apprentice story... that would make for an interesting comic story, no?

Chewtobacco
08-29-2002, 05:48 PM
It's very possible in Ep 3 we'll see Palpy slicing and dicing with a light saber, but I wouldn't put money on it. After all, I don't think he carries one with him all the time. Even with those big robes he wears as chancellor, I think it'd be hard to conceal it and even harder to wield it if necessary.

Darth Sidious
08-29-2002, 08:54 PM
I...love...that...saber. It rules! I have no more to say on this except-that had better be in EPIII.

Needles
09-01-2002, 12:53 PM
in the Darth maul biography book,Darth maul dueled Sidious with a training lightsaber after killing some droidekas.so Sidious probally does carry a lightsaber,maybe not in the Chancellor robes but in his SITH robes.

Darth Marra 54
09-02-2002, 04:29 PM
I don't know if I want to see him fight with a lightsaber. For me it just dosen't fit right. But I never thought Yoda would fight in a movie so I think Lucas could pull off a Sidious fight if he wanted to and make it look awsome just like the Yoda fight scene but I don't think Sidious has anything to prove by fighting. That is what he has Dooku for

JesusFreak
09-02-2002, 10:38 PM
He may use a saber but he wont be in a duel, I just cant see that. Maybe a jedi comes charging at him so he uses the force to take the jedis saber and stabs him with it.

The Overlord Returns
09-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jet chan

i realize that i only said it that way do to the way yoda said it to luke, he seemed to say it a way that he'd seen it first hand

Yoda is warning luke as to how the emperor could manipulate Lukes MIND, just as he did his FATHER. This is the man who manipulated every single member of the Jedi Council, not to mention the Galactic Republic. I don't think yoda was that concerned with the mans dueling abilities.

I hope we NEVER see sidious/ plapatine using a saber, or fighting anyone with his powers until we see it in Return of the jedi. It would take such a defeat as the one he facesz with being unable to turn Luke to make him use his powers. He gets super mad. There is no reason for him to get super mad in the prequels, as he wins every time.

Neo-242
09-08-2002, 03:24 PM
It is clear that this fight will not be decided by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with the lightsaber!

mini-rock
09-10-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Darth Marra 54
But I never thought Yoda would fight in a movie so I think Lucas could pull off a Sidious fight if he wanted to and make it look awsome just like the Yoda fight scene but I don't think Sidious has anything to prove by fighting.

I never thought Yoda could fight like he did in AOTC. I thought that just like the Emporer, his force power was so strong that he didn't need to have a saber. I think that if Yoda can wield a saber so can Palpy/Sid.

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-26-2002, 09:15 PM
no way Palpatine uses a lightsaber. he might have in the comics but he is portrayed as way too powerful for a lightsaber. He will definitely kill some Jedi though. There should be tons of lightsaber action. Anakin has to slaughter a lot of innocent jedi in this movie and he has to fight Obi-wan, plus Dooku has to die. And I hope to God that there will be some sort of yoda fight seen again!

mini-rock
09-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Kakorotto
no way Palpatine uses a lightsaber. he might have in the comics but he is portrayed as way too powerful for a lightsaber. He will definitely kill some Jedi though. There should be tons of lightsaber action. Anakin has to slaughter a lot of innocent jedi in this movie and he has to fight Obi-wan, plus Dooku has to die. And I hope to God that there will be some sort of yoda fight seen again!

Like I said If Yoda can wield a saber so can Sideous. Whether Sidoeus does or not remains to be seen, but even though I doubt he will, there always is the possibility. :)

JesusFreak
09-26-2002, 10:56 PM
It has been proven by the Darth Maul journal that Sidious can wield a lightsaber, but that doesnt mean you will ever actually see him use one in the movies.

mini-rock
09-26-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by JesusFreak
but that doesnt mean you will ever actually see him use one in the movies.

True, BUT it doesn't mean we won't either.;)

The Overlord Returns
09-27-2002, 11:10 AM
Sidious should not be seen doing anything violent until ROTJ when he fry's luke.

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-29-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Sidious should not be seen doing anything violent until ROTJ when he fry's luke.

I like the idea of no one knowing how powerful he is until the end but we do know. He should kill lots of Jedi. Vader has thousands to kill. Surely Sidious has a few he would enjoy killing personally.

mini-rock
09-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

Have we REALLY seen how powerful the Emperor is? All we have seen him do is fry Luke with Sith lightning. Crap we've seen Dooku do that too, and weild a saber. If anything all we've seen so far from the prequels is Palpy's ability to manipulate everyone. Sure we can take everyones word that the Emperor is powerful, but it will still leave the question of why we really didn't see it.
:)

The Overlord Returns
09-30-2002, 11:52 AM
I personally just feel that only Lukes defiance drives the emperor to actually use his powers...to get his own hands dirty. It shows just how incredible lukes resistance is.

mini-rock
09-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Thats a good point. After so many years of manipulation and Palpy getting what he wants, this is the first time it really wasn't working out his way.

Thanks for helping me see it a different way. :) :)