PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Clones on video.

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 12:15 AM
Okay gang, I finally got the movie on video. I also will get it on VCD. But that hasn't come in yet. I won't be selling a copy like the last person who advertised it. I will trade one copy of the video for one figure I need from the Saga series. I pretty much need all of the new figures from Orn Free Taa on up. I also need a Bespin Luke, and Qui Gonn Jinn.

About the video: It has a nice clear picture but it is not crystal clear like a video release. It is a boot copy. The audio is very clear and good. There is a drop in sound once or twice. But it is very short. It is not perfect, but it is still very enjoyable. I enjoy putting it on while I work on stuff. It is copied from an original source and not a camera in a theater. It is also in widescreen format.

I also have Spiderman which is as good.

Email me if you're interested in a trade only. Also if you have any questions. Thanks!

ravaz@yahoo.com

Beast
06-20-2002, 12:19 AM
Just a warning for you. This is probably going to get closed, you are trading an illegal bootleg VCD. And you are using Sir Steve's forums to do it. No offense to you, but you can majorly be prosecuted for doing this.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 12:28 AM
Really? I was always under the impression that it was only illigal to profit from sales of copyright materials. Well I'm not looking to break rules around here so if they delete, it's cool. Wasn't sure. Thanks!

jrosen
06-20-2002, 06:26 PM
You are profiting. You are receiving a Star Wars figure. The figure has a monetary value.

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 07:09 PM
From the laws I've read, thats not necessarily true. Mass production and selling is illegal. Trading on the other hand is an exchange. In other words I can not simply sell for cash. Monetary value is not an absolute. Cold hard cash is. As I said before, this is my understanding from research I've done. If someone can provide me with a written law that says otherwise. Please do so. Not trying to upset anyone. Just trying to trade a video tape for a figure. The value placed on that video or figure are to be determined by the persons involved.

jobi
06-20-2002, 09:10 PM
Why don't we ask Lucasfilm what they think. :D

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 09:23 PM
We could but they're to busy working on the 3rd film.

:D

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Here ya go:

The Current Law Regarding "Bootlegs"
Regarding to the legality of the video home recording act settled by Congress with the Home Recording Act (P.L.102-563,106 Stat.4237, Codified at 17 U.S.C. 1001-1010) in October 1992. No action may be brought under this title alleging infringement of copyright based on the manufacture, importation, or distribution of a digital or analog recording medium or based on the noncommercial use of such a device or medium.

Obi-Don
06-21-2002, 02:12 PM
I still would be care if I were you.

RAVAZ
06-21-2002, 02:33 PM
I do try. Thanks!