PDA

View Full Version : Snowspeeder rarer than the TIE Bomber?

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 01:23 AM
I saw them on 4/23 during Midnight Madness but I couldn't put any in lay-away then and when I was putting stuff in lay-away, I just couldn't afford $120 more stuff (2 Speeders, 2 TIE Bombers) and I thought the TIE Bombers would be more rare so I was just gonna wait till I got the money and nab them later on but lately all I've seen is TIE Bombers, and only 2 for that matter. Actually I've only seen one Wal-Mart that has carried them, and they've never put out a very big supply because they don't have alot of room. I've gone to 3 Wal-Marts, 2 are regular Wal-Marts and one is a SuperCenter, and one of the regular Wal-Marts is the one that has the TIE Bombers.

Really hope they start shipping more. 'Course hopefully they're just holding them back and waiting to sell more E2 stuff, cause when I actually went to that Wal-Mart tonight, they had a few cases worth of preview figures out on the pegs.

hango fett
06-20-2002, 08:03 AM
i think they are both impossible to find around here...the first and only time we got one was 4/23...

songwrtr
06-20-2002, 08:54 AM
The cases that I've seen contained 3 Snowspeeders and 3 Tie Bombers, so I don't think either is rarer. The Tie Bomber is just less popular in the areas you've checked. It's ages since I've seen either on shelves in this area of NY.

force
06-20-2002, 10:11 AM
I can back up what Songwrtr said, that is three of each per case. As far as waiting for your store to get another shipment, well there is about as much of a chance that your store will start getting Episode 1 shipments again. This is because it was a nonreplinishable item. Also, in my experience, Wal-Mart hasn't had a very good record when it comes to exclusives i.e. Obi Scout Mini Sub, Falumpa and Ammo Wagon. However, for some reason they seem to do ok with their 12" exclusives.

Here's a tip, try small town stores.

Good luck.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-20-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by songwrtr
The cases that I've seen contained 3 Snowspeeders and 3 Tie Bombers, so I don't think either is rarer. The Tie Bomber is just less popular in the areas you've checked. It's ages since I've seen either on shelves in this area of NY.

You are correct, sir! It just has to do with popularity in your area. Here in UT the TIE is way more popular than the SS so it was extremely harder to get.

I would try some of the more out-of-the-way WMs in smaller towns. I went on vacation during Mem Day to Mesa Verde, CO and found a crapload of both at the nearby Cortez WM.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-20-2002, 03:11 PM
Speaking from personal experience, I have seen the Snowspeeder at retail three times, once about a week and a half ago. I have yet to see a Tie Bomber. I've held out hopes of a reshipment, but I doubt I'd ever see one again at Wally-Mart. I remember the Tie Interceptor was reshipped to TRU at least once, but from what I've read, it looks like if you haven't picked up one of these babies during the week of Midnite Madness, the you are out of luck.

Thunderstorm1
06-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Only time I saw both of them was at Wal-Mart Midnight maddness on 4/23 and I grabbed mine then. they seemed to be more popular that Yoda or Dooku that night

Dar' Argol
06-21-2002, 01:20 AM
As stated above the case qty is correct. They were shipped in equal parts. But here's the thing:

LTBasker, you remember when this whole TIE Bomber issue was going on??? Everyone was able to purchase the Smowspeeder, but not the TIE. That is where most of the Snowspeeders went. The stores pulled the TIE's back, but some places left the Snowspeeders out. So, they've got bukoo TIE's in the back room, and No SS.

As far as another shipment goes . . . . . . . . . hmmmmm . . . . . . . . . . hard to see the Hasbro side is. I really don't know. It could show up tomorrow, or it could never show up again. Who knows:rolleyes:

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 01:23 AM
True.

Are Wal-Mart's still getting shipments, or are they unreported "Limited Editions" like the TARGET exclusives and TRU TIE Interceptor?

Dar' Argol
06-21-2002, 01:29 AM
I haven't heard of any stores getting any new shipments in recently. Nor have I heard of anyone here finding one rencently either.

Being an "exclusive" I would assume it was limited to a certain amount of pieces. If you absolutely had to have one, the prices really are not that bad on eBay. I just checked and they had the set for $57 right now. But, there was no "offical" word if it was a limited item.

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 02:29 AM
Hopefully they're waiting for some E2 stuff to clear out before stocking it, cause I don't really see anywhere they could possibly store the vehicles, everything's clogged with board games, E2 vehicles, LEGOs (why those in the LEGO section is beyond me). Only place they could be put is on the top shelf, but I noticed when stuff goes up there it usually goes unnoticed. At one Wal-Mart around here, they had to put Zam's Speeder and the Hotrods up there...they even had to put the 12" figures in the GI Joe section.

Darkross
06-21-2002, 11:30 AM
All I can say is that I've only seen the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder once at retail...the night I bought two of each back in early April. I went back a week later and the rest were gone. I've been to other Wal-Marts and nothing! So I would say that neither is more popular...just depends on the region and what collectors / kids want. For me...I put 1 Tie Bomber and 2 SnowSpeeders on layaway and brought home the Tie Bomber first then brought the Snowspeeder home a few weeks later, then finally brought the others home a few weeks ago.

Lobito
07-05-2002, 05:25 PM
I got the Tie bomber in the SW shop i always go to, but there were no Snowspeeders (hoth peril)...anyway, the owner told me that he saw snowspeeders at wal mart, but sadly when i went, there were none left...

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 05:31 PM
I never had the chance to even see one where I'm from, they went like hotcakes and I mean HOTCAKES. Sadly some day I may have to pay big bucks just to get either one.

Jason B
07-05-2002, 05:54 PM
I haven't seen any Bombers in a while, but I'll still see a Speeder here and there. Figures, since I only had interest in the TIE. :rolleyes: Oh well, I need to build my computer, and not worry about SW stuff as much. ;)

bigbarada
07-05-2002, 10:05 PM
There has been one Snowspeeder sitting on the shelf at my local Wal-Mart for months now (partially because the box is smashed) and I have seen the TIE Bombers come and go several times.

Old Fossil
07-08-2002, 09:00 AM
My closest Wal-Mart has had FOUR Snowspeeders and no Bombers for several weeks now. Another WM I went to recently, a half hour from where I live, had one Snowspeeder and no Bombers. More demand for the Bomber, seemingly.

Darkross
07-08-2002, 11:25 AM
The Tie Bomber seems to be rarer than the snowspeeder. I've seen more Snowspeeders than Tie Bombers around these days.

brentfett
07-08-2002, 05:27 PM
My local Wal Mart just got in a half dozen each of the bomber and snow speeder. Me personally, I think they are equal in rarity, but in terms of coolness the bomber blows away the speeder any day.

jedi_uk73
07-08-2002, 06:14 PM
I got both the TIE Bomber & Snowspeeder quite easily, and could still get plenty more if I wanted too.

Only one I'm having trouble getting is the AT-ST Walker & Speederbike.

Bent Wookie
07-08-2002, 08:27 PM
I got the Snowspeeder about 6 years ago (hey, it's just a new paint job and I don't like those stickers on the new one) for $5 so I'm good there.

Got my Tie Bomber on Midnight Madness night too, and have only seen a couple since then.

I really don't have much interest in the AT-ST pack, but it looks to be the hardest of them all to find...

KornStarX
07-19-2002, 06:34 PM
Same, I have never seen the AT-ST & Speeder bike. And I want it sooo bad!

TheBigSloppy
07-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Seen plenty of AT-STs in the D.C. area. I could go out and buy six to ten right now if I reallllly wanted to. But I have it already! Well, maybe not right now because the stores are closed. . .

As far as SS and TIE Bomber. I have seen them on three separate occasions (three separate shipments) at one Wal Mart ONLY. In my opinion, these are definitely rarer than the AT-ST.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-30-2002, 12:19 AM
The AT-ST sorta hung around a couple area TRUs for a month or too, like the TIE Interceptors before them. Pretty easy to score one. They have both since vanished.

The Bomber as far as I am concerned is MIA. I didn't go to Wal-Mart until a week after the EpII toys first premiered. I guess I missed my chance. There was a Snowspeeder there but no Bomber. I have since seen the Snowspeeder twice more but still no Bomber. It is certainly the most desirable vehicle out there now.

FKA Broke Collector
08-05-2002, 08:37 PM
I have been very disappointed with the lack of these items in my area. Where's my snowspeeder Walmart?

Prince Xizor
08-06-2002, 11:24 PM
One of my local Walmarts has neither of them, while the other has a Bomber and 2 Speeders left. Its weird because the one with the veicheles is the one that usually sells out of rarer figures first.

Sir Tristram
08-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have the UPC numbers/code for these vehicles?

My local Wal-Mart NEVER had any of these in!
Even on the 23rd!

If someone could copy those numbers off the back of their boxes, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Thank you!

Starfig873
08-08-2002, 05:51 PM
When I was able to find mine, they seemed to have both in equel numbers, so I don't know just which is rarer than the other. I'd guess the TIE would be considering how popular it is.

Dar' Argol
08-09-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Sir Tristram
Does anyone have the UPC numbers/code for these vehicles?

My local Wal-Mart NEVER had any of these in!
Even on the 23rd!

If someone could copy those numbers off the back of their boxes, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Thank you!

Here you go Sir Tinstram:D. UPC #'s AND WM Item #'s:D

TIE Bomber - UPC 7693026479 WM Item # 784391
Snowspeeder - UPC 7693026483 WM Item # 784384

This info was found in this long forgotten thread: Sw Tie Bomber for sale! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6032&highlight=Bomber) That thread was around the time that we were all having problems buying the TIE cause it came up Sales Restricted. Man, that really wasn't all that long ago.

And for the record, the TIE Bomber could never be as rare as everyone thinks. Its not possible, because the SnowSpeeder and TIE were packed equally, 2 of each per case. So there was no short packing or anything of that sorts.

Darkross
08-12-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
And for the record, the TIE Bomber could never be as rare as everyone thinks. Its not possible, because the SnowSpeeder and TIE were packed equally, 2 of each per case. So there was no short packing or anything of that sorts.

True...but I think that the Tie Bomber is more popular...thus making it harder to find in retail stores. I was at a Wal-Mart yesterday and there is still one Snowspeeder on the shelf. A month ago there were three of them.

Turbowars
09-07-2002, 02:30 PM
I saw the 2 ship at the Lancaster Walmart in CA 2 times and they had equal amounts of both ships.

Old Fossil
09-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Today, 9/20/02, my local Wal-Mart still had 3 Snowspeeders on the shelf, no Bombers. Glad I snagged my Bomber back in April!

Banthaholic
01-29-2003, 06:17 PM
I walked into Walmart today 1/29/03 and they had 4 POTJ Tie Bombers, and 2 Snowspeeders. Wish they had these 4 months ago before I paid $40 for my bomber

Jerjerrod
01-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Great find! Congrats if you bought them. :) I wish they showed up here in Canada, but they never will. :(

Darkross
01-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
Great find! Congrats if you bought them. :) I wish they showed up here in Canada, but they never will. :(

Yes unfortunately...Canada always gets the short end of the stick with regards to the cool ships...like the Bomber and Shuttle. I had to get my 2 Tie Bombers and 2 Snowspeeders over in the US...paid close to $60.00 CAN with exchange and HST! Sometimes the CAN $ really sucks and makes it very hard as a Canadian collector.

Darkross
01-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Now with the release of the SAGA Bomber...the POTJ snowspeeder will in essence be rarer than the Bomber...only from the standpoint that there have now been two releases of the Bomber compared to one for the Snowspeeder! However speaking POTJ only...the Bomber and Snowspeeder were packaged equally I believe 3 in each case.