PDA

View Full Version : the female jedi who isn't luminara

fourtwo
06-20-2002, 02:05 AM
you know in the scene where all the jedi's are in palpatine's office? there are 2 female jedis, one, obviously is luminara. i can't for life of me figure out who the other one is.

anyways, i'm wondering if they will be making this lovley jedi in to a figure, anyone got the inside scoop? jar jar i'm looking in your direction....

Beast
06-20-2002, 02:14 AM
That would be Luminara's padawan, Barriss Offee. No word on when we will get a figure of her. But there is always a good chance, since she is a unique female Jedi charecter. Though, I am still waiting for Depa Billaba. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
06-20-2002, 02:21 AM
Who's Depa Billaba JarJarBinks ?

fourtwo
06-20-2002, 02:22 AM
i knew you would come through with an answer for me jar jar. thanks buddy.

figrin bran
06-20-2002, 02:29 AM
in regards to Depa Billapa:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/depabillaba/index.html

ha ha! i beat you to it Jar Jar! ;)

Beast
06-20-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Who's Depa Billaba JarJarBinks ?
She's the 3rd female Jedi on the council in Episode I. She's sitting next to Eeth Koth, and they exchange looks when Qui-Gon is speaking with the council about Anakin.

The Movies:
A serene yet strong presence on the Jedi Council, Depa Billaba was one of the members of that august body during the waning days of the Jedi order. Billaba sat between Eeth Koth and Plo Koon. She was present when Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn brought the young Anakin Skywalker before the Jedi Council, requesting that the boy be trained as a Jedi. Billaba also attended Jinn's funeral and the victory parade that marked the liberation of Naboo shortly thereafter. The Force runs strong in Billaba's family, and a close relative of hers is also a Jedi Knight.

Expanded Universe:
The orphaned Billaba was rescued from the space pirates who slew her family by the respected Jedi Master, Mace Windu. Windu sensed Billaba's Force potential, and brought the six-month old infant to Coruscant for training. On Coruscant, Depa learned to use her special abilities for the good of the galaxy. She has embraced the traditional culture of Chalacta in honor of her slain parents. As a result the Jedi Master was particularly attuned to the minds and personalities of her peers in the Council Chamber. Adorning the bridge of her nose are Chalcactan marks of illumination, testament to her spirituality. Shortly after the Battle of Naboo, Billaba followed her former master Mace Windu to the smuggler's moon of Nar Shaddaa on a mission.

Behind The Scenes:
This design, found among some of the Episode I Art Department's earliest character sketches, introduced a spiritually inspired figure to an already diverse lineup of potential Jedi Council members to appear in The Phantom Menace. Even though the figure obviously underwent several revisions, it is not hard to find a resemblance with the Depa Billaba character seen briefly in Episode I.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
06-20-2002, 02:33 AM
Very nice and quick reply JarJarBinks.

Thankx a bunch for the info. God your fast !

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 02:35 AM
They need to make a Female Jedi assortment, it should include:
Aayla (since she's already being made), Depa, Barriss, and Stass Allie. (sp? I can't remember her name clearly...) I think it would sell well, considering they're females (girls might want them more than they want male Jedi) and they've got lightsabers. Luminara is selling pretty well isn't she?

figrin bran
06-20-2002, 02:40 AM
bah! Jar Jar wasn't fast enough! all that info is on the link i provided! ;)

i would buy every single one of those figures in the assortment that LTBasker just proposed.

Beast
06-20-2002, 02:40 AM
Don't forget the most famous female jedi of all, LTBasker. Yaddle needs to be represented with a figure. I like your ideas though. A more neutrally posed Luminara would be nice also. Luminara and Shaak-Ti both sell really well. Since they are strong female rolemodels, that look cool, have lightsabers, and arn't padme. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
06-20-2002, 02:41 AM
Good idea LTBasker,

I hope Hasbro thinks of this as well. As for Luminara she's selling like hotcakes from where I'm at.

Beast
06-20-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by figrin bran
bah! Jar Jar wasn't fast enough! all that info is on the link i provided! ;)
i would buy every single one of those figures in the assortment that LTBasker just proposed.
Yes, but not everyone wants to navigate away from the page, to read it. That's why I always usually post them here. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Don't forget the most famous female jedi of all, LTBasker. Yaddle needs to be represented with a figure. I like your ideas though. A more neutrally posed Luminara would be nice also. Luminara and Shaak-Ti both sell really well. Since they are strong female rolemodels, that look cool, have lightsabers, and arn't padme. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nah, Yaddle and Yarael need to be in a seperate "We're Not Really Dead!" Assortment. :D

If that type of assortment was made, hopefully they wouldn't be Collection 1 figures, although I think Aayla is scheduled for Collection 2 so they couldn't be C1. :cool:

Shaak Ti and Luminara are actually selling well here also, Kit is the main sitter along with Padme and Peasant Anakin.

Beast
06-20-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Nah, Yaddle and Yarael need to be in a seperate "We're Not Really Dead!" Assortment. :D
Just deal with it LTBasker, they're both dead. As I said before, only way they are gonna possibly come back are as a bronze statues in the Jedi archives, decayed corpses, or a lightsaber practice dummies. :evil: :dead: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

saladin
06-20-2002, 04:46 AM
who is Stass Allie

pinoysith
06-20-2002, 05:15 AM
-Bariss Offee
-Bultar Swan
-Yaddle
-Stass Ali

And man, I can't wait for Aayla Secura. I agree, female Jedis do sell well. Luminara is by far my favorite of this line, with Shaak Ti second.

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by saladin
who is Stass Allie

She's the cousin as Adi Gallia, they dress pretty much the same so basically if they released Stass then we'd be able to use her as Stass and an E2 Adi.

InsaneJediGirl
06-20-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by pinoysith
-Bariss Offee
-Bultar Swan
-Yaddle
-Stass Ali

And man, I can't wait for Aayla Secura. I agree, female Jedis do sell well. Luminara is by far my favorite of this line, with Shaak Ti second.

Same here pinoysith.Luminara and Shaak-Ti have to be my favorites out of the Saga Line so far.Both in my area have been selling well,especially Luminara.

JEDIpartner
06-20-2002, 10:17 AM
I like them, but I think the poses are ridiculous. They need resculpts immediately.

lunchymeatball
06-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Luminara and Bariss are certainly popular with us all.
Just found they now have their own site over at starwarz.com under the planet Mary and Nalini:)

Darth Shifty
06-20-2002, 10:22 AM
Yaddle wasn't in AOTC, was she? I sure don't remember her sitting with the council. Where did she go? Is that why they haven't made a figure for her yet?

InsaneJediGirl
06-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
Yaddle wasn't in AOTC, was she? I sure don't remember her sitting with the council. Where did she go? Is that why they haven't made a figure for her yet?

I believe Yaddle is dead.Or at least thats what I've heard.:cry:

Darth Shifty
06-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Poor, poor Yaddle...

Dave_Cameron
06-20-2002, 12:57 PM
I like the detail in the Luminara and Shaak-Ti figures, but their poses leave something to be desired. My kid even thinks they are pretty silly. He likes the Obi-Wan with the assassin droid. That's his favorite one.

"Dad! These don't DO anything!"

fourtwo
06-20-2002, 03:49 PM
obi wan doesn't do a heck of alot himself. i'm liking nearly all the new figures. the poses are really cool.

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 07:18 PM
I don't have a Shaak Ti open, but I do have Luminara open, and she's pretty well articulated for a "statue", while you can't put her in different fighting poses, she can be moved to a good degrees. :cool:

thespar
07-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Yaddle i think she might have gone back first post at the jedi labiry.

Beast
07-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by thespar
Yaddle i think she might have gone back first post at the jedi labiry.
Only if she's on display as a stuffed Jedi. ;) She's dead, according to one of the offical Star Wars Episode II books that was exclusive to the UK. :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7802

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 11:37 PM

Only if she's on display as a stuffed Jedi. ;) She's dead, according to one of the offical Star Wars Episode II books that was exclusive to the UK. :D

JarJar just can't accept that she isn't dead. The same way Yarael isn't dead. :D

Only way that she'll be officially dead is if Lucas says she is dead, or she dies on screen. :happy:

Beast
07-02-2002, 11:43 PM
LTBasker, it's an official Lucasfilm book, for the Episode II movie. It's not some EU dreck that Lucas can ignore. It's a book, promoting Episode II. Yaddle and Yareal is dead dude, the faster you face it, the faster the healing can begin. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 11:47 PM
LTBasker, it's an official Lucasfilm book, for the Episode II movie. It's not some EU dreck that Lucas can ignore. It's a book, promoting Episode II. Yaddle and Yareal is dead dude, the faster you face it, the faster the healing can begin. :D

That doesn't mean Lucas actually wrote it, if he wants he can revive them. ;) If it comes from Lucas, not some Lucasfilm employees (even McCallum), then I'll accept it, but until then, they're still alive. ;)