PDA

View Full Version : C-3p0 Who Finished Him

maul4ever
06-20-2002, 11:52 AM
JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO FINISHED C-3P0 BETWEEN TPM AND AOTC.

MikeAndTheBots
06-20-2002, 11:57 AM
I think they said Shmi finished him. All he needed were the outer coverings.

Darth Shifty
06-20-2002, 11:58 AM
Wasn't Padme supposed to put on 3PO's arm coverings in one of the earlier script drafts? Or was that just after the oil bath she gave him in the novel?

lunchymeatball
06-20-2002, 11:59 AM
I thought he was finished and all he needed were coverings which Padme put on in a cut scene from AOTC.

maul4ever
06-20-2002, 12:00 PM
WHEN ANAKIN AND PADME ARRIVE ON TATTOINE IN AOTC HE IS ALL FINISHED. HOW DID PADME DO IT?

maul4ever
06-20-2002, 12:01 PM
BUT YES ALL HE NEEDED WERE COVERINGS

Darth Shifty
06-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by maul4ever
WHEN ANAKIN AND PADME ARRIVE ON TATTOINE IN AOTC HE IS ALL FINISHED. HOW DID PADME DO IT?

When they started shooting, I think they had 3PO uncovered like he was in Ep1. But they kept changing the script. I think in one version, they were going to have Shmi putting on his coverings, in another they were going to have Padme finish him and they ended up having him complete when Anakin and Padme arrive.

Here's a couple pics of Anthony Daniels with the "naked" on the set just after they began shooting Ep2.

Darth Shifty
06-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Whoops, here's the other pic.

saladin
06-20-2002, 12:49 PM
ya it was going to be padme but they changed it, so it was shimi according to the novel.

pthfnder89
06-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty

When they started shooting, I think they had 3PO uncovered like he was in Ep1. But they kept changing the script. I think in one version, they were going to have Shmi putting on his coverings, in another they were going to have Padme finish him and they ended up having him complete when Anakin and Padme arrive.

Here's a couple pics of Anthony Daniels with the "naked" on the set just after they began shooting Ep2.

You can also tell that the finished, covered Threepio was added into that first introduction scene digitally. He definitely wasn't filmed at the same time as Anakin and Padme when they first meet.

I'm really glad that they took out the Padme/Threepio scene. It just wouldn't have made any sense at all. You have a droid fro 10 years, out working in a sandy desert, with all of his internal electronics open to the wind and the sand? That's ridiculous. Especially since they aparently already had the coverings for Padme to use.

And if Padme could put them on him in less than a day then it's not like it was a very difficult job. I think Lucas was smart to take that bit out.:)

JEDIpartner
06-24-2002, 03:40 PM
I can't agree with you more. Now... if they had been in Mos Espa- I could see how Padme would have gotten the coverings from, say, Watto. Some things just don't need to be explained. They just happen and that's all we need to know.

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 05:59 PM
So that is why the fig of 3PO has the coverings seperate. Cool.

JEDIpartner
06-27-2002, 09:25 AM
Someone had asked about this on the official site. They mentioned the scenes of Padme finishing him had been finished, but then they reconsidered as it was not a crucial element to the storyline. They also mentioned that this is "one more reason to pick up the DVD when it comes to a store near (us)" or something like that.

Geonosian
06-28-2002, 02:38 AM
It will be intresting to see how adds the gold. I really hope its Anakin.

Beast
06-28-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
It will be intresting to see how adds the gold. I really hope its Anakin.
I would prefer it not end up being Anakin. I don't think that C-3PO will get his gold plating, until he becomes a droid for the royal house of Alderaan sometime before ANH. Maybe a quick shot of him at the end of E3. I don't want Anakin and Gold C-3PO having any screentime together, for obvious reasons...ESB. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-28-2002, 03:55 AM
I don't think they need to show gold coverings at all in the prequels. :) His appearance in ANH will be fresh, yet it will clearly be our old friend :rolleyes: Threepio. Just a personal thing I guess, since I don't care when or how he got them. Or from whom. :)

JP - Hmmm, I don't recall the "droid swap CGI3P0 floppin' around" part of AOTC to be a crucial element to the storyline, why didn't they cut that? :D :D :D

LTBasker
06-28-2002, 04:21 AM
Maybe R2 pushes him into a bunch of paper which coincidently get wrapped perfectly around his gears nice and tightly and then he tries to get up and falls into a tub of gold paint and then after that he gets out and him and R2 peel of the paper and he's got perfect gold coverings then with paint that bled into the current coverings (but not through the "paper" by the will of the force) and so his coverings' paint can't be scratched off.

Would really fit in with the "coincidences" in the Droid Factory. (Like his body walking over to the conveyor belt and lining up perfectly with the BD bodies)

2-1B
06-28-2002, 04:36 AM
Quick! :p
Give this young man George's unfinished draft of Episode III !
Write it down Basker, all of it. :D :D :D

pthfnder89
06-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Quick! :p
Give this young man George's unfinished draft of Episode III !
Write it down Basker, all of it. :D :D :D

Lol, so THAT's where George gets his ideas...:D Forget Lucas or McCallum; LTBasker is the TRUE power behind Star Wars!

OneArmedJango
06-28-2002, 04:54 PM
Ha Ha Ha thats prity funnie. I thought Uncil Owen and Ant Perue finished C-3P0.

Jonna
06-28-2002, 05:06 PM
Ms. Peabody in the kitchen with a screwdriver.

Phillipshead, I think.