PDA

View Full Version : Some of the coolest people I've met are here on SSG...

JEDIpartner
06-20-2002, 01:11 PM
First of all... my local bud, Jedi Drew. He HAS to be one of the nicest people I have EVER known in my life. Great guy with a good heart and a really offbeat sense of humour. I love that!

Secondly... JARGO, without whom my life would have little, if no meaning at all.

Thirdly- my kid siblings/Padawans, DeadEye and InsaneJediGirl. Both of these kids a awesome. Smart, funny and articulate. I'm proud to know them!

Fourthly- Dryanta, HangoFett, Caesar, Mabudon and a few other buds (and moderators) I chat with from time to time. You are awesome! Big hearts and good times from all of you.

Lastly... I have really had some great chat with many of the forumites here. I just wanted to take a minute and tell you all how much I look forward to seeing your posts and corresponding with you. If I have failed to mention any names in specific... it was unintentional. I'm an idiot.

JEDIpartner
06-20-2002, 02:06 PM
you know... you can give shouts to YOUR pals here, too... that's why I started this thread. :D

mabudonicus
06-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Right on!! I must say, I've been meaning to PM a lot more people, but stuff just keeps coming up. To the folks I speak to, I am truly glad we met!! To those with whom I have interacted only in threads, it's just a matter of time......
Oh, and quickly, Sithdroid, Fulit, Dryanta, Jeditricks, Tycho, SWAFman,Jeddah (geez-this could go forever) You guys in particular are the ones who come to mind as people I really want to speak to, but don't for some reason. I'll just say here that to those Forumites- I usually agree fully with you guys, and never feel like posting "ditto" ( I ain't no GNT:)!!) Hopefully we will all "meet", sooner or later. (hi C, CJ, JF96,BF,H,CD,F,Cr,Jp:))
WE RULE!!!! Thanks again, everybody, glad we met!!!

JEDIpartner
06-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Yeah... JF96 is another one... he's a really nice guy! Sorry... like I said... Je suis un idiot!

InsaneJediGirl
06-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Thirdly- my kid siblings/Padawans, DeadEye and InsaneJediGirl. Both of these kids a awesome. Smart, funny and articulate. I'm proud to know them!

Thanks JP?Its been good to know you too,since your great for answering all questions/theories to the SW Universe.

A quick shout out to : Everyone at the Orlando Collectors Club,JF96,Dryanta,icatch9,Dar Argol for answering all my WM questions :D Its been a pleasure to "talk" to everyone here :)

Jonna
06-20-2002, 02:36 PM
I like ketchup.....but alas, it does not like me! That makes me sad:cry:

And sometimes I eat things just to get to the ketchup.

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2002, 02:37 PM
Let me give my shout outs to:
JediPartnr, IJG, Mabudon, Dryanta, BigB, Jason B, Mylow the Hutt,
Caesar, QLD, Lord Vader, Stillakid

And if I forgot ya, sorry!!

DarthBrandon
06-20-2002, 02:46 PM
I've had some interesting chats with lots of people on these forums. This is a good community with good moderators who seem to act fast when it comes to individuals who try and screw things up for us, no names mentioned cause they are gone now.
Like to mention Deoxyribonucleic, JF96, Dryanta, JarJarBinks, EP, Dar' Argol, Bosskman, Darkross, Big B, JT, Tyco, Sir Steve, and many more.

Eternal Padawan
06-20-2002, 03:53 PM
I'd like to give a shout out to Deckard Smith.

Some of my other faves are Han Skywalker, Darth Kenobi, Kit Fristo, Utinni, and that grammatical badboy Sith Ninja...here's to ya Davey F. (raises a glass of jawa juice)

;)

Jargo
06-20-2002, 05:06 PM
I love you all like you were my very own. You may be halfway round the world and speak all funny and spell things wrong, but you're all little darlings and I'd like to snoodle and huggle you all to death...... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

And JP, you da man dude! ;)

And I'd especially like to snoodle and huggle cotasnoova to death - a very very lot. I think he knows why........ :evil:

DeadEye
06-20-2002, 05:15 PM
My big brother JEDIpartnr...
HangoFett...
Derek...
Pendo...
Dar' Argol...
LTBasker...
And many more! :D

Dryanta
06-20-2002, 07:17 PM
hey all,
As much as I hate to try and make a list like this I will try.ONLY in the order names come to mind.no significance to the order.
J.P. BigB ,JangoFett96,Mylow,Jesusfreak,Jargo,Dar,J.T.,Jedi master Sal,DaveCameron,MaceWindex,DNA,IJG,Ceasar,superbat tledroid88,Madubon,and Brandon.
While it is a relatively short list it's by no means complete.
There are a handful of others that I think I would like but haven't really had the chance to talk with,Jar Jar,E.P. and icatch9.
now I'm off to post two more times and go MIA for another week.

Dar' Argol
06-20-2002, 10:30 PM
I love you guys!!:happy:

I cannot make a list because I love talking to all of you!! There are so few SW fans in my area that this is a lot of fun for me. The wide variaty of opinions, veiws, and beliefs are very refreshing. Thank you all!!

And Jargo, what do you mean by "speak all funny and spell things wrong"? Oh:eek:, your talking about EP!!! Gotcha!:crazed: :D

Jason B
06-20-2002, 11:50 PM
uh, maybe SirSteve? :D
and Dar, Dryanta, Mylow, BigB, JF96, JesusFreak, Jargo, JT, and a few others. :cool:

QLD
06-21-2002, 12:30 AM
I will put JangoFett96 at the top for actually mentioning me! :D
You will all rue the day you didn't put me on your lists! :D

Hmmm....in no particular order, and I am sure I will leave people out....

12" Lando, JediTricks, JEDIpartner, derek, Jonna, El Chuxter, EP or RT, Captain Panaka :D, Bal-Cam Jos, Dar'Argol, bigbarada, Maudubon, Emporer Jargo, vulcantouch, Lord Malakite, Obi-Wan Jabroni :D (bonus points to anyone who remembers THAT guy).

I would love the chat feature back, which would hopefully give all of us avenue to talk to each other better.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2002, 12:40 AM
How could I NOT mention you, QLD?
Remember the baseball thread?? We need to get that one back up.

2-1B
06-21-2002, 01:41 AM
Okay, I'll try my own love letter here, insert the prerequisite "sorry if I left anyone out" part . . . :D

our thread starter, JEDIPartnr, for being "da man" as Jargo stated so eloquently. :) Words are not enough in praising this fine gentleman.

Jangy96 for being my NC trading buddy and taking care of my Natalie Portman fixation.

Jargo for making me LOL (as in laugh out loud, not just type LOL because it's trendy) and for giving me my custom Rick McAvatar (currently on sabbatical) as well as sending me pics on request for other projects I had, and also for keeping me guessing by not responding to my PM about Dex's voice. ;) :D And for using cool British phrases like "chocks away old bean" which I absolutely love and wish I could use in daily convos with my American coworkers. And for ranting about the queen mum, that was spectacular. :)

JarJarBinks for being a snake to Jargo's mongoose, and for directing me to DVD Profiler (very cool system :cool: ), and for taking that horrible Endor Rebel Soldier off my hands.

JediTricks for responding cooly to my desparate pleas, make that cries, for help when I had ISP problems and could not log in a few months ago. And for talkin' Ozzy with Thrawn, IJG, and myself.

Stillakid and Tycho for making me type like a madman in our little debates.

QLD because he'd feel bad if I didn't mention him :D

IJG for being cool and for sending me funny stuff about girls who are " crushin' " on Hayden.

Eternal Padawan for helping me with (and winning!) my Oscar pool and for having such a peculiar wit. :) (and for sharing his thoughts on a Leon sequel in the "sequels I'd like to see made thread" if he ever gets around to it. ;) )

Fulit for being a good trader. :happy:

mabudon ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Canada rules, Stanse rules :D

Dryanta and bikers everywhere for taking their ladies out on their rides this time of year. I love Spring/Summer :happy:

bigB for always hanging out and chattin' with me, and for his service in the Army. :cool:

that's it for now . . . I can't think of other names . . .

Fulit
06-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Hey, right back atcha for everyone who mentioned me. Also, JEDIPartnr, for his concern when I had to go away for a little while, Emperor Howdy because of the great conversation we had over the fart tape, and of course Caesar for the great trade, (you're looking a little pale in that avatar pic, better get some sun! J/K) I can't leave out good ol' JediTricks, for always having the wisdom, and bigbarada always has something intelligent to say. GNT for being so crazy, mabudon for having a great username, and no one can leave out the great SirSteve, for starting this thing in the first place, and for being so cool to me over the pictures I thought I found of the Dooku figure a while back! ;)

There really hasn't been anyone I haven't enjoyed talking or arguing with, on some level. We desperatley need an SSG convention, a meeting of the SSG goon squad, or something. And it should take place in Little Rock, so I won't have to drive far! If we join forces we can take over the world and they will be at our mercy, then we can proceed with our plans to......, oops, sorry, I'm on medication for a strained neck muscle. Forgive my stupor. In the words of Ozzy, "Good night! I love you all!"

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 10:45 AM
JarJarBinks for posting the answer to any Star Wars question you can think of, almost before you can post it.:D

Forhekset - the only trade I've mustered up the courage to make went perfectly and thanks to him I'll be a little more optimistic in the future.

JediTricks - for having excellent taste in all things cartoon

Emperor Jargo - for posting some of the most incomprehensible, and at the same time, most brilliant posts on the boards. And for just plain keeping us on our toes.;)

Caesar and JEDIPartnr - for having some of the most interesting ideas on SW to be found anywhere

I don't know half of you half as well as I'd like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. (blatant plagarism, but seemed utterly apropriate;))But I really hope that changes in the future, particularly if we get a chat going on the site again. I don't talk to you all as much as I should because I'm way too lazy about PMing, but I'm trying to grow out of that.:)

mabudonicus
06-21-2002, 10:56 AM
I forgot Emperor Howdy, haven't seen him around much.....
I just had to ask QLD- how do you PRONOUNCE Maudoban :)?
I swear, that is the oddest interpretation of my username yet!!
I almost choked on a gaffi stick when I read it (just look at QLDs post on the first page if you can't follow me....)
I just think it's funny, as the word itself is a kind of joke, but QLD, man, you actually made it funnier!!! I just thought "the national maudobon society"- makes me want to get Jim to climb up there and yank some critters out so's we can see em.......
I don't want to give up my "metal" edge, but I'm touched by every mention so far, thank everyone again...WHAT?? No, I just got something in my eye... I'm FINE..... *runs off weeping*

vulcantouch
06-21-2002, 11:29 AM
-whew, i was starting to Wonder when i'd be mentioned ;)
meanwhile, there are a number of people i Would mention, If doing so didn't threaten to detract from my own coolness share; after all, there's only so many slices of coolness pie to go around :greedy: besides, i never been one to drop names. of course, i Would be remiss if i didn't mention hangin with andy, swifty, bianca & jackie (http://imv.aau.dk/~jfogde/quotes/expose.html) at studio 54 last night ;)
vt

QLD
06-21-2002, 11:39 AM
It was a typo, but I don't know HOW you pronounce it. :D

Obi-Don
06-21-2002, 11:55 AM
This the main reason I stay with this forum. I have learned so much from you all and laughed out loud many times. I know that I don't talk to anyone on chats,but I can't type that fast. For a long time I have not had anyone to talk to about SW and thought I was a lone in my love of it. You people are the best and in some ways I feel that I have made firends here that enjoy SW as much as I do. As long as I have a way to get here. You will always have a firend to talk to.

MTFBWY!

:)

mabudonicus
06-21-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey QLD, no worries, I really meant that it made me laugh, I mean, it's not even a real word... I pronounce it maboo (like naboo, or taboo) don, plain and simple. The real word is some mistaken pronounciation of UDON, the japanese noodles.
Vulcantouch- SORRY MAN!! I totally meant to include you on the "people I usually agree with" section, I just didn't want to step on the "cool" :)!!
PS Fulit- how do you pronounce that? I usually think "fuel-it", but that don't seem right....

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong

12" Lando, JediTricks, JEDIpartner, derek, Jonna, El Chuxter, EP or RT, Captain Panaka :D, Bal-Cam Jos, Dar'Argol, bigbarada, Maudubon, Emporer Jargo, vulcantouch, Lord Malakite, Obi-Wan Jabroni :D (bonus points to anyone who remembers THAT guy).

I would love the chat feature back, which would hopefully give all of us avenue to talk to each other better.
Bal-Cam Jos? BAL-Cam Jos??? :( You getting me back for me forgetting you in the past, Q-LD? ;) Interesting that this thread was meant to support those we like, but often it becomes an "oops, sorry" one.

I have enjoyed conversations with GNT, Rollo Tomassi (but I HATE that Eternal Padawan guy! :p ), Allie Fox, Mandalorian Candidat, JediTricks, El Chuxter, Quite-Long D., notafinga, back when he was Grand Moff Jargo, and more.

I expect someone to post that I forgot 'em... :cry:

I had my worst (and I think, only) chat experience here. (shudder...) I don't miss it at all.

DeadEye
06-21-2002, 02:12 PM
I guess I must be an obnoxious and unliked forumgoer...save my brother, no one has mentioned me! :cry:

(OH yeah...I must have put my cloaking device on! "No forumgoer that cool has a cloaking device!" This one does.) :D:D:D

mabudonicus
06-21-2002, 08:38 PM
Hey Deadeye, I forgot.... you're the guy who is "mostly loose",and "not into the big 12 inchers"..... :) How could I have forgotten you?!? :)

DeadEye
06-21-2002, 09:05 PM
You're correct! That's right!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-21-2002, 11:54 PM
SHOUT OUTS!!!! :o
JarJarBinks, BattleDroid, Browndroid, Gungan Warrior, Dryanta, and everyone who likes me I guess.... :stupid:

Jek Porky 2002
06-22-2002, 09:49 AM
I don't really know many people personally on here, I suppose my best friend on here is Jargo, being a fellow brit and all, in a way I look up to him and he always puts me straight if I've done something wrong or warns me if I'm in trouble, thanks mate!

But I love you all, thanks sir steve for making it all possible and to all the moderators. The main reason I like you all is the dry wit that many of you use which really makes me laugh, oh yeah and your not too geaky when it comes to Star Wars and don't take it too seriously, keep giving us a good name!

Jek Porky 2002
06-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Sorry, how could I forget Tarkin The Otter, OBD, and Gibbspaulus, all my Quirking chums from the Soveriegn System Of Yookay.

jeddah
06-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Hey, I got a nomination! Backatcha Mabudon :)

I've known most of my buddies in the Micromachine forum since 1997 and am very fond of my friendships there. I rarely venture into these general territories but names that stick in my mind as cool or kindred are; jedipartnr, Cesar, Mylow, E Jargo, BigB, EP and Gibbs Paulus (for liking Kate Bush - oh, and anyone into Soul or Rap) and any others that it would benefit me to mention :evil: :D

BTW, when are we going to star a "people I hate" thread :D:D:D

jeddah

Jek Porky 2002
06-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Gosh, I've just re-read my first post, man it sounds corny!

SithDroid
06-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Hey all. I'd just like to say that I enjoy coming here and reading everyones posts. I don't want to single anybody out in particular. I added my AOL Instant Messanger handle to my profile if anyone feels like Instant Messaging me from now on.

DeadEye
06-23-2002, 10:29 AM
I've added mine as well. ^^^^ Ditto to what SithDroid said. :D

2-1B
06-23-2002, 02:53 PM
I feel that I've neglected the MM forums.
I don't really collect them, so I never ventured over there, but the encounters I've had with Swaffy, VT, and Jeddah (especially after the mention above :D ) have been fun! And GSJ too! And r2dee2 as well. :)

I'll have to head over there soon to talk about a recent bulk purchase I made. :)

SithDroid and I often disagree on SW issues, but we sure click when it comes to Six Feet Under! :happy:

JediTricks
06-24-2002, 08:29 PM
I consider a lot of you forum folks to be some of the coolest people I know (wait, does that reflect well on you guys or badly on my non-forum friends? ;) :D). Just so many names, I don't want to rattle off a big list to find out I've forgotten someone and end up offending them -- but suffice to say, if it wasn't for so many cool buddies on here, I wouldn't want to hang out and moderate.

SithDroid
06-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
SithDroid and I often disagree on SW issues, but we sure click when it comes to Six Feet Under! :happy:

And Rick McCallum avatars. :D

Jayspawn
06-27-2002, 12:47 AM
I'd like to give a big shout out to ces and darthbane whom I've had the pleasure of running into and speaking with during my journeys.

Also to mrhat and haggie and the other Colorado Star Wars collectors who keep our forums going.

And to JediTricks, whos posts I've read before I joined the forums and like me, cannot wait for the NEW Star Trek figures to come out. Come on peoples, they look cool!

RooJay
06-28-2002, 04:35 AM
I'd like to thank my agent, my manager, my parents, my lawyer, etceterra, etceterra...

WOW! Can't ya just feel the LOVE in here!

I'd like to get a big shout out to everyone here for making this such a cool place to hang out! I don't even remember what made me decide to register for these forums, but I sure as hell know why I stayed!

I'd especially like to send a shout out to BanthaPoodoo for being an all around cool dude, and ever so graciously helping me get ahold of my Count Dooku, Preview Jango, and Luminara! You da man, bro! Also, many props to bigbarada for sharing his awesome artwork with us, and for just being a kindred spirit! Also JarJarBinks for just being fun to have around, and to Tycho for being the coolest, best moderator...EVER!

I'd also like to extend an invitation to anyone visiting my little corner of the world (north SF bay) to look me up! There's lots to see and do around here, and I loves givin' tours! Call me...we'll do lunch.;) :cool:

Of course, if anyone really wants to make a friend of me...they'll walk me through making custom avatars! After a thousand posts, this one's gettin' a little stale!

Emperor Howdy
06-28-2002, 05:04 AM
Hey! Thanks Fulit and mabudon! I was about to run out of the room in tears, hide in a corner, and scroll MOM on the wall with poop.

**group hug**

DeadEye
06-28-2002, 08:51 AM
RooJay, since you're the only member I know of on these forums who joined AFTER I did and has more posts, I have something of a respect for you.

I will make you an avatar---just tell me what you want.

billfremore
06-28-2002, 09:55 AM
I too would like to thank all of the excellent people I have met here:

Mabudon - feel free to ramble in my ear anytime my friend

Jonna - It's not very often I meet someone with the same sense of humour, thanks

The gang from the Orlando Collectors thread - you guys were great and helped me out immensely preparing for my Florida trip this year

Thanks to all the Canadian folks on here who helped me find most of my AOTC stuff.

Thanks to the mods who helped keep us on the straight and narrow while providing excellent insight.
Special thanks to Jedi Tricks for being the stern parent figure that we all love. :D

So to all of you...

Thanks! :D

Jonna
06-28-2002, 11:43 AM
Alright, I feel loved now!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaany who. There are just to many I would like to say thanks to, but first and foremost I would like to thank all of the people that I either start fights with or start them between others. You all make life worth laughing about. Keep those letter bombs coming!

Bill you rock as do all my homies in Cellblock 6 and the long slew of people that I have joked around with. All the people running this forum, thanks for your time and effort.

I would also like to thank God and Ketchup for being so tasty. The Ketchup, not God mind you. He tastes sassy!

RooJay
06-28-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
RooJay, since you're the only member I know of on these forums who joined AFTER I did and has more posts, I have something of a respect for you.

I will make you an avatar---just tell me what you want.

SEE! I always knew you were a cool dude!;) DeadEye, you've just made a new friend!

How about a Corran Horn from the new Essential Guide? Or maybe just teach me how to make my own?

DeadEye
06-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Corran Avatar, already sized for you:

SWAFMAN
06-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Today was the first time I've read this thread.

I've mostly been on the MM forum, and my interactions with the regulars there have been a source of deep and genuine enjoyment for me.

I know I've yakked everyone's ears (eyes, really) off here in the GenDisc forum, and no doubt am regarded as the biggest blowhard around. Despite appearances, I'm not some right-wing-militia-member-2nd-Cousin-to-the-Unabomber.

I have the greatest respect for everyone on this forum. Whether we've agreed, disagreed, or not cared either way, in any discussions, I think you're all a wonderful group of people who represent the very best example of what the internet can and should be.

Thanks to all who contribute, even when they just post a smiley face.

RooJay
06-28-2002, 11:00 PM
Many thanks to DeadEye for my new avatar! My first custom!:D

InsaneJediGirl
06-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by billfremore

The gang from the Orlando Collectors thread - you guys were great and helped me out immensely preparing for my Florida trip this year

It was our pleasure.I dont think we did all too much though,come back and "see"us sometime:D :D

billfremore
06-29-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
Bill you rock as do all my homies in Cellblock 6 and the long slew of people that I have joked around with. All the people running this forum, thanks for your time and effort.

I would also like to thank God and Ketchup for being so tasty. The Ketchup, not God mind you. He tastes sassy!

I gotta find this restaurant that serves God and Ketchup.
Two great tastes that taste great together!

Originally posted by Insane Jedi Girl
It was our pleasure. I dont think we did all too much though,come back and "see"us sometime

I just may do that...
Is that an action figure in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? ;) :D

QLD
06-29-2002, 12:05 PM
I am about to head to Florida myself this week. Clearwater. I love it there.

JediTricks
06-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
Despite appearances, I'm not some right-wing-militia-member-2nd-Cousin-to-the-Unabomber. AH! So you're his FIRST-cousin, I knew it! :D ;) Heh heh, just funnin' ya, Swaffy.

scruffziller
06-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Yea gots ta give a shout out to LT Basker, 187-Maul, Jar Jar Binks, Jedi Tricks, Dar Gol, Big Barada, Quite Long Dong, Jek Porky, Bel Cam Jos, Jonna Dead Eye Fulit stillakid brandon Emperor Jargo Hango Fett ALLYALL!!!!!!!!!! Thanx for keeping alot of my threads goin and I'll keep scrapin' my brain for more.:D

2-1B
04-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by billfreemore
I just may do that...
Is that an action figure in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? ;) :D

Nah, that's just Lando In My Pants ! :D

LIMP has been a good egg to me for a long time here, so I want to give him his due.
You're my boy, LIMP ! ! ! :happy:

QLD
04-01-2003, 01:57 AM
I'm GOING STREEEAAAAAKING!!!!!!

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 06:54 AM
But then you'll lose Lando In Your Pants, since you won't have any on. And if it's cold outside, LIMP might SHRINK!

I'm to new here to give thanks to anyone in particular, plus I forget most of your names, except Lando In My Pants, oh and AMY but that's because it's short enough of a name.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 08:47 AM
It's always bad when all your equipment goes up into the treehouse.

Anyhow... here's a big "HELLO" to everyone on SSG!!! I'm glad we are a community!

The Overlord Returns
04-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Damn..........not ONE mention.........

I must be the most disliked poster on the forum :cry:

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 11:28 AM
I mentioned you in an "umbrella" statement. However...

Even though I do not know Mr. Overlord very well, he is a great guy who has never dissed me in the forums! To that... I tip my hat! :happy:

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Well I would like to say that most pf you have been really cool to discuss with. Alot of you guys are funny(Rouge II, LIMP, Jargo, Howdy and Tycho to name a few) and that is good. I have had a good time discussing lots of topics from SW to others, evn with Overlord(Got ya in there;) ). Looking foward to alot more fun times.

Porcelina
04-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Damn..........not ONE mention.........

I must be the most disliked poster on the forum :cry:

i like you!

:kiss:

notafinga
04-03-2003, 01:04 AM
That notafinga guy, he's a maverick. Coolest dude i know this side of the savannah.
Blows in like a Marlborough smoking gunslinger from a windswept age of rebels and martyrs.

...and Utini, i remember that guy like a spring rain long forgotten...

(special shoutout to Jargo, El Chuxter, JT, Emperor Howdy, and Bel Cam. I haven't been here for a while, so I gotta aclimate myself to the new surround...wha...whoa, was that a Lando In my Pants?)

QLD
04-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Haven't seen you around in a while notafinga. Though you wouldn't know it, I used to be QLD which stood for something I am no longer allowed to say. :rolleyes:

Old Fossil
04-03-2003, 08:13 AM
So... QLD is now LIMP?

DarthChuckMc
04-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
So... QLD is now LIMP?

Yep, but he'll always be quite-long "d" in my eyes.

That sounded......:o strange.

Ok, I'm still sorta new here, but I've gotta a few people that I'd like to thank for being extra super happy funtime people in my book.

LIMP (QLD), JT, JJBinks, Dar', IJG, Sidiously Darth, and the O-town Collectors, Deoxy, Dr_Evazan, Emp. Jargo, Emp. Howdy, JediBrian, and Amy.

Anyone I've missed, apologies all around....

Thanks for making my visits here the most fun I have all day. :D

Lord Malakite
04-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
I will put JangoFett96 at the top for actually mentioning me! :D
You will all rue the day you didn't put me on your lists! :D

At least one person cares. :D

notafinga
04-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Haven't seen you around in a while notafinga. Though you wouldn't know it, I used to be QLD which stood for something I am no longer allowed to say. :rolleyes:

You're a cool dude, LIMP. I thought that you might be an alter ego for the original QLD, but wasn't sure.
Believe it or not, i considered making my long anticipated return as MLD... Mini Long D....

:rolleyes:

Tis'funny you can't utilize that monicer anymore. Much has changed since my last visit... much has changed...:)

I have found most everyone to be openminded (give or take everyone), tolerent, and just plain cool on this site. Star Wars fans are some of the finest people i know.

Please...I beg all of you...

Help.. me take this mask off so i can look upon you with my own eyes...

mabudonicus
04-05-2003, 10:35 AM
You're okay, malakite, I just have trouble typing "-" correctly, see??
I guess my last post was long enough ago, so to re-iterate...
I like everyone here I've ever had any interaction with.... through this site, I've met lots of real cool freaks etc...
And the oddest story of all, I guess, is meeting an RCMP officer who is now a good friend.... I can honestly say that THAT turn of events would NEVER have occurred otherwise....
Also, I must say that the staff and mods continue to do a great, almost entirely thankless job keeping this place running and legal etc..... I have almost torn my hair out just reading some of the more "classic" messes (the DEbacle, f'rinstance) and the fact that this place is still largely intact verges on the miraculous, so thanks to the mods, SirSteve, and everyone here for keeping it real enough that we still have the greatest collection of wiseacres ever assembled to goof with, trade with and just generally share our most excellent hobby (SW collecting, btw)with .... WE ROCK!!!!
Oh, and sorry about being deprived of the D, QL....

kool-aid killer
04-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Cameo is cool cause he traded with me. And if you give me your toys you can be cool too!!

Tonysmo
04-06-2003, 05:15 AM
You just don't get it do you?

"The boy is dangerous...they all sense it. Why can't you? "

just thought I'd start a quick arguement...

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2003, 02:07 PM
I like mabudon. The man knows his metal.

Darth Sidious
04-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Let's see... Deadeye and all of his alter egos, etc... :D No, seriously: Everyone from the Ohio Collectors Club, Tycho, SirSteve, 187 Maul, ACPin, and...Darth Sidious! :D If I forgot anyone, I apologize.

mabudonicus
04-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey, right back atcha, JBF..... I can't believe that someone actually checked out Anvil at my suggestion and LIKED em, you obviously have the "metal eye" as well...
Oh, and good to see you're moving up here, you'll make a fine mod, no doubt (a mod who's a rocker, go figure)

RooJay
04-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Congratulations JBF!

That brings to mind an interesting question - How does one become a moderator?

By the way...I think all of you guys are the coolest, and consider all of you friends.:happy: These forums have been one of my favorite and most pleasant distractions!

...and to think...I actually missed my one year anniversary here last week!:stupid:

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
That brings to mind an interesting question - How does one become a moderator? You can be considered for the role either by nomination or simply asking. Consideration mainly consists of looking at the forumite's past on the boards in relation to responsible behavior, where that person reads and posts frequently, and a few other things like that.

Amy
04-10-2003, 01:30 AM
I have met some outstanding people here. At last others(even other females in some cases) that share the same hobby as I. I dont want to make anyone feel upset or left out by putting a list, but believe me almost everyone here would be on it:)

As I see it, we are all here for the same reasons anyway:)

JON9000
04-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I miss Slayer and HUnterESB. They used to post in 97. They would argue about making Cantina Aliens versus new versions of Han. The forums must have been unmoderated, because they would hurl long, and sometimes quite inventive, invectives at each other. This was before I joined up and I would just browse.

The 'Xir
04-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Well, I'll be another coward in not lisitng all the cool people here in fear of forgetting somone, but actually if you think about it, I really can't think of anyone who stands out as a real A-hole or prick, so Kudos to you all in that respect! :D Actually though I've been here for a Long time..A long time, and my list between all the old school members and the new recruits would just be too long!
I know I don't post as often as I used to, and for awhile I didn't come around much, or atleast as some called it on a revolving door basis; but there's only so many times you can rehash the same discussions, arguments, and debates, before you want to put a gun to your head! ;) I know one thing I miss is all the arguments me and JT used to get into, but once again there's only so many times you can argue a point before you want to shoot each other in the head! :p
But, I've been back on a regular basis for awhile now, and I tend to stick more to the general discussions, because as I've said not only for the fact that you can only rehash the same movie related conversations only so much, but the fact that everyone here IS so cool, Sirsteve and crew have put together a great site for us all, and sometimes you just like hanging out with friends! :)
Peace! and MTFBWY All ...Always! ThanX The 'Xir

Dar' Argol
04-11-2003, 12:15 AM
You know who I really miss??? Billfremore!!! I miss his non-logical posting and constant banter with the once alive Jonna. And even after Jonna died and became a Ghost, Bill still did not care. I laughed at a good number of his posts and I miss that.

Anyone seen Bill??? If you see him, crack him over the head with a Nerf "******" Bat and drag him back here!!!!

Patient Zero
04-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
You know who I really miss??? Billfremore!!! I miss his non-logical posting and constant banter with the once alive Jonna. And even after Jonna died and became a Ghost, Bill still did not care. I laughed at a good number of his posts and I miss that.

Anyone seen Bill??? If you see him, crack him over the head with a Nerf "******" Bat and drag him back here!!!!

Tell me about it! :cry: My heart turned to stone the day he left! Like I believe I have mentioned before, he said that he was selling all his SW stuff and getting out of it as well as the forums.

It all happened when he came home from his honeymoon. That Dingo ate my baby! :crazed:

kool-aid killer
04-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah in the short time ive been on this forum ive noticed some people will post for a bit and then they will disappear. I think JediDBM doesnt frequent SSG anymore cause he was able to form a Kansas City group. He was cool too. He found a collectors club in Omaha for me ( i didnt join though because i wonder if a kid who annoyed me in middle school is a member and i do not want to listen to him again) You people are even funny sometimes.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2003, 01:09 PM
Ok, I'll try it, it's a long, long list though

Caesar also Mr. Bottlecaps, a great and true friend from the start!:D ;)
LIMP formerly known as QLD - also a great friend and cracks me up to no end. . . in my pants :)
Jonna aka Ghost of Jonna and Emperor Jargo - these two go together like flies on stick paper ;) You two are fabulous and I always laugh when I read your crazy posts. I can only imagine what it's like to hang around you guys!
Darth ChuckMC - I don't even have words for this crazy galloot, also a good friend
Jedi Tricks who always answers my pm's and makes me laugh and talk about blimps
JediPartner - always has good things to say about people and started this here thread. Generally, a super nice guy!
Tycho - who else could I explain my "sniffing" habits to and be understood, plus he's well up on his politics :crazed:
Dar' Argol - for being a moderator and getting crap all the time, but he always is positive
Jar Jar Binks - seriously, if there's something I don't know, I think of this guy first and foremost and he always answers my pm's with the info I needed.:confused: :)
DarthVyn - funny and a great artist to boot
Amy - for putting up with crap and holding her head up high and extremely enjoying collecting star wars

Alot of the people I've seen since I've been around I very much enjoy are R2Dee2, Pendo, Mabudon, Good Shot Jansen, The Overlord Returns, Bel Cam Jos, Gibspaulus, InsaneJediGirl, Jeedah, The 'Xir, Kidhuman, Seth Quinn, Mark2D2, Jedi Cole, Turbowars, Bobafrett:)....so many of you guys and gals. I really enjoy everyone here, that's why I sit in front of my computer for hours on end reading everyone's posts. Please forgive me for not mentioning all the names, I know there are more I just can't remember at the mo' ;)

darthvyn
04-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
DarthVyn - funny and a great artist to boot

what is this, the blatant lies thread? :confused: ;) :crazed:

thanks a lot, that's so nice!

i have too long a list of people i feel a kinship with here... and i'm just gonna leave too many of them out if i try to name them... you guys (and gals) know who you are!

going with the "people i miss" thing - where's jjreason at? i haven't seen a post by him in a while...

Patient Zero
04-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Ya, what is going on with that? The only two people (Bill & JJR) that I ever LET IN TO THE BIN have gone missing. I haven't been luring them to my gingerbread house...I swear! *Removes the shoelace from mouth*

Jargo
04-11-2003, 03:14 PM
JJ is moving from his present place to another place so he's all packed up and transient stylee. He'll be back once he gets organised. I have to agree though, I'm missing him too. :( He's like the big brother i never had despite the fact that i think i'm older than him but even so it's like - it's like....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :cry:

Darth Sidious
04-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Congratulations JBF!

...and to think...I actually missed my one year anniversary here last week!:stupid:

Missed mine, too! I have been here for a year now, yay! To all of the other members: You guys rule! :D

darthvyn
04-11-2003, 04:14 PM
mine was in february... i had no idea!

Darth Sidious
04-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Neither did I...Man! How the time flies here...

2-1B
04-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Like Jargo, I miss Reason too . . . but he'll soon be back, and in greater numbers. Yeah, it was about time for him to move from Prince Albert, anyway. :D

Jonna is right about Freemore, it's all due to that marriage thing . . . :crazed:. I'm worried about QLD LIMP because right now he's running around on a honeymoon, so I hope he doesn't follow Freemore's lead and leave. :(

If that happens, then I think marriage should be banned along with religion and politics. :p

Deoxyribonucleic
04-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Shoulda never posted because I knew I'd forget someone.

Yet another good friend I keep in touch with outside of SSG BRANDON! Sorry my friend, I was asleep at the wheel there hehe :zzz: :D

And where ya been by the way. Missing your normal amount of posts! ;)

QLD
04-12-2003, 06:28 PM
*scribbles note on napkin hastily*

HELP! My life is being taken over. I don't have long before....mmmpphhh!!!! mmmmmpppphhh!!!!!!.......*thud*

InsaneJediGirl
04-12-2003, 08:05 PM
HELP! My life is being taken over. I don't have long before....mmmpphhh!!!! mmmmmpppphhh!!!!!!.......*thud*

Its too late..If only..We had reached him sooner.:crazed::dead:

Kidhuman
04-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Welcome back LIMP. Hope you had a great honeymoon. Also hope you didn't keep it.................

well you know the rest

QLD
04-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Thank you very much! The honeymoon was very nice, though why on earth was it so cold in Florida the last few days! :( ARGH!

2-1B
04-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Are you also aware that you are boycotting SSG ? :rolleyes:

:D

Dar' Argol
04-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Dar' Argol - for being a moderator and getting crap all the time, but he always is positive

And that's the best I can get!?!?!?! I'm always positive??? What kinda bullmalarky is that???

he he he . . .. . j/k Deoxy:D

Originally posted by JediBrian
everyone here suffers from manic depression, desperate lonliness and over sensitivity. Yeah, me included, but at least I am aware of it. ;-)

And that's a great way to make friends:rolleyes: :D

Lord Malakite
04-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
everyone here suffers from manic depression, desperate lonliness and over sensitivity. Yeah, me included, but at least I am aware of it. ;-)

Don't forget "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder." ;)

OH NO!! TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST TOUCH MY JORG SACUL!!! THATS IT, TIME TO CRACK SOME HEADS!!!! :mad: :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
04-13-2003, 12:39 AM
He's right though, I'm in denial about Metallica being racist has beens.

Man Brian, what's up with you trying to cause friction everytime you come here? Just get the monkey off your back, and try to enjoy your time here. This thread is about saying some words for the people you like to chat with here, not put them down because you don't feel the love from everyone. Guess I better stop, don't want to be too over sensitive.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2003, 12:41 AM
yeah, c'mon JBFF!! I mean, i know you dig the racist tunes of Metallica and all, but c'mon, don't take it so personally!! :D hhehehehehehe Racist? Metallica? I think not.

Lord Malakite
04-13-2003, 01:53 AM
Lets see, pals. For the the most part I like talking to everyone here. :)

If you want specific people though, this would be my list.

SirSteve - For making such a great SW site. Also for giving me so many opportunities to do things for this site that I probably wouldn't have got at any other website (both SW and non-SW related). While I have had stories posted at other sites besides SSG before (Rebelscum and Yakface to name a few), Steve actually appointed to the SSG Staff as "Video Games Reporter". In addition to that honor, he had also made me a Moderator to these forums (in which I am now partially/completely responsible for five seperate topics). :) I've also had a good time talking to Steve via PM and e-mail on several occasions.

JediTricks - For helping get JBF a Moderator position. Also for always being there as a guide for me and others at these forums (in which he busts his butt off everyday for, at no cost) and for all the fun we have had goofing off via PM.

JarJarBinks - For being such an enlightened movie whiz (Ghandi at the movies :D) and for all the fun we have had goofing around via PM.

Tycho - For being Tycho. Its never dull around here because you never know what wierd thing he'll post next. Also, he and I have had some "interesting" conversations via PM.

Dar' Argol - For being my Sith Apprentice and for the fun PMs we have from time to time. Someday the Jedi will fall to us. :evil:

Emperor Jargo - For being one of our more colorful forumites. Reading what he has to say is always interesting. I'm still not going near you with that ban stick though.

Jedi Master Guyute - We go to the same college and he lives only a few minutes alway walking distance, yet we have yet to meet in person. :D Maybe someday. I enjoy our conversations via PM though. He also seems to like to talk to JBF about me.

James Boba Fettfield - My brother. We have had our ups and downs. He stabs me in the back 15 times for laughing at him and I get him stung several times via a "black tornado" of yellow jackets because I decided to smack their nest with a fly swatter. Yet I wouldn't change a thing between us.

Lando in my Pants (formerly QLD) - For being the only person to mention me by name in this thread.

CloneTrooperMace
04-13-2003, 08:57 AM
JEDIpartnr-Just For beening so cool and you are get help to me...Thanks JP

JediTricks-just for beening a great mod and for in forced the laws

Deoxyribonucleic
04-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
And that's the best I can get!?!?!?! I'm always positive??? What kinda bullmalarky is that???

he he he . . .. . j/k Deoxy:D

And that's a great way to make friends:rolleyes: :D

Yer my favorite ;)

Dar' Argol
04-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Dar' Argol - For being my Sith Apprentice and for the fun PMs we have from time to time. Someday the Jedi will fall to us. :evil:

HA HA HA HA HAHA!!!!!!:D I almost forgot about that Malakite!!! Hmmm . . . . . . .may have to go did that thread out again!!!!We will Destroy them!! All of them!!!!:evil:

Yer my favorite;)

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:eek: Don't let that out!!! Now all the mods are gonna be mad at me :stupid: :crazed: :D ;)

mabudonicus
04-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Just wanted to say that on tuesday me, JJreason and seth_quinn met up and went on a cross border figure hunt (remember, we're from Canada, so we found stuff in clearance bins that we'd never seen before) and I have to say that the good vibes were intense, it's too bad JJ lives on the other coast, but I'll be able to hook up with seth again, at least....
I just wanted to post the story here, as we were talking about how weird it was to meet people you know, but have never seen, and unlike internet dating, it was totally excellent (and none of us had to visit a shrink or a clinic to make things right again, also a plus :))
I guess I just find it cool , the fact that real friendships can be forged in such a world-wide way..... there is hope, maybe, in some ways at least:)!!!!

QLD
04-24-2003, 03:50 PM
Yeah, if Caesar, DNA, 12" Lando, and myself find a way to hook-up, the good times should be never-ending!

darthvyn
04-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Yeah, if Caesar, DNA, 12" Lando, and myself find a way to hook-up, the good times should be never-ending!

i just don't think the story can be posted here... this is an all-ages site, after all... ;) :crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 12:26 AM
All I know is I'd probably have the time of MY LIFE! :D And then we'd really get going hehe ;) I think we oughta throw some Cleets fans in there too don't you??

Here's a round on the house for all. Whatever your favorite, that's what your having!

:D