PDA

View Full Version : Obi's Jedi Cloak? Works on...

Darth Yambag
06-20-2002, 10:50 PM
:crazed:

I've tried Obi jedi pilot's cloak on most of the jedi to see how it looks. The winner is

KIT FISTO

Kit looks really cool with the cloak on. His tentacles seem to keep the cloak in place and his arms are the perfect length for the sleeves. Check it out.

What have you tried the cloak with???:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

DeadEye
06-20-2002, 11:36 PM
I haven't even found the Obi-Wan Pilot figure yet! :frus:

DarthBrandon
06-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Got a pic ?

Darth Yambag
06-21-2002, 12:09 AM
No Scanner...Sorry

ChemOx
06-21-2002, 12:21 AM
hahaha......yeah dead, I'm with ya.....would like to try it, but alas, I cant find Obi JSF

Old Fossil
06-21-2002, 12:47 AM
I used the cloak from the EpI accessory pack for Kit, and it works as well as you describe pilot Obi-Wan's robe. I wonder if they're made to the same specifications...

stillakid
06-21-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Darth Yambag

Coke

Escargo

Spam

Those little corn hors deovres things

My blue suit...not the one with the pockets, the other one

Emperor Howdy
06-21-2002, 03:42 AM

Several body parts.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 08:29 AM
I started trying JSP Obi-Wan's robe on a few other figures, but then I realized Obi-Wan looks absolutely hideous with it off. I'm doing a headswap with another figure ASAP.... the body on this figure is terrible.

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
I started trying JSP Obi-Wan's robe on a few other figures, but then I realized Obi-Wan looks absolutely hideous with it off. I'm doing a headswap with another figure ASAP.... the body on this figure is terrible.

Yeah, without his cloak, he looks pretty odd in the pics I've seen.:(

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Yeah, without his cloak, he looks pretty odd in the pics I've seen.:(

It's not just that his upper arms are skinny, to make room for the cloak to fit under his armpits. It's also that for some reason his "slashing lightsabre attack" moves BOTH of his arms when you press the button (which is stupid because this figure cannot hold his sabre in both hands worth a crap), and on my figure the arms don't make a nice seal at the shoulder, so you can see a plastic rod sticking out of either side. Really terrible looking. And, his hand with the magnet in it is horrible. My HD Anakin has a magnet in his hand that is barely noticeable and it's pretty darn strong as well; JSP Obi-Wan's magnet hand looks like he has a huge lesion growing on his palm, and the magnet is a weak piece of crap.

Also, for anyone who says he can hold his lightsabre in both hands, please show me how you rigged the figure to accomplish that little trick, because it's nothing doing on my fig. So anyway, the only useful thing about this figure I guess is that the head has his pilot headgear on it, and he comes with a cloak and metal lightsabre hilt. But the body is total garbage. I don't care if he can sit in the Jedi Starfighter or not since I don't really collect vehicles; I just wanted a figure to battle my Jango Fett Kamino Escape. Now I'm going to end up customizing him anyway. Blegh.

Sorry for the rant. :)

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
But the body is total garbage. I don't care if he can sit in the Jedi Starfighter or not since I don't really collect vehicles; I just wanted a figure to battle my Jango Fett Kamino Escape. Now I'm going to end up customizing him anyway. Blegh.

Sorry for the rant. :)

Hmm.. .that stinks to here. I was reall looking forward to this fig.:(

Well I know I'll at least be buying lots of the Target accessory packs for extra Jedi cloaks.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Hmm.. .that stinks to here. I was reall looking forward to this fig.:(

Well I know I'll at least be buying lots of the Target accessory packs for extra Jedi cloaks.

Well, I went ahead and scanned this guy so you can judge for yourself. I dunno, it seems like they should have just made him a pack-in, because IMO he's no good for anything other than sitting in the cockpit of the starfighter where you can't see much except his head and chest.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 06:28 PM
Another pic.

CrossWizard
06-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Damn, I guess all those who claimed and said this figure could hold the lightsaber with both hands lied. :(

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 07:39 PM
Hard to see hard-to-find figure features are...

cameo
06-21-2002, 08:10 PM
He can do it.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Damn, I guess all those who claimed and said this figure could hold the lightsaber with both hands lied. :(

I don't know. The back of the card seems to show a lightsabre being held in both hands, but Obi's lower arms don't really "point" the right direction to allow that, as far as I can tell. He could probably hold a staff or something...but not a lightsabre hilt. The only way I can see to make it work is if the magnet in his hand were strong enough to keep his left arm "pulled" towards the center of his body, and that just ain't happening.

cameo, if you've been able to accomplish it, by all means post a picture or post instructions.

cameo
06-21-2002, 08:40 PM
I can't post a pic, but he can do it. It is like you said, the magnet holds the hands together. You have to rotate the arms at the bicep joint and twist the wrists. There is a pic of a custom obi on rebelscums forums in the custom section that shows it. It does look really cool.

CrossWizard
06-21-2002, 09:09 PM
Just saw the pics and yeah I guess he can do it after all, only I hope that the ones Im getting dont have a weak magnet.

Paul755
06-22-2002, 01:12 AM
I Can Get him to hold the Saber in both hands no problem. It's just a Matter of twisting and turning the hands. He Can't hold it with both hands while he is wearing the Cloak. The Magnet is not Strong Enough.

What I have a problem with is the fact that he seems to lean to his right. It just looks off to me. Is Anyone else's like this or is it just mine? I mean I just got this Obi Wan to Head Swap with the Couracant Chase(I Just Coulden't get past the Huge magnet in his hand) and the Fact he Doesnt Stand up Strait kinda ****es me off.

So I Guess the over All I'm Kinda Dissapointed In this one.

CrossWizard
06-22-2002, 11:24 AM
I just got my Obi Wan delivered to my doorstep courtesy of Amazon.com, and I must say Im happy with this figure, sure it couldve been better but what can you do. The pose is good, and even though the space between his underarms is this it doesnt bother me. The wrists look a bit fragile though and the peg that allows for wrist articultion looks like the one Bespin Luke has on his left arm, thin, so all you people that like rough playing with your figures better be careful. Theres no waist articulation, which wouldve been cool to allow more heroic saber posin but doesnt bother me at all, and speaking of sabers, he is able to double grip the lightsaber, the trick is to have his right hand grab the upper part of the saber hilt, then the left hand(magnet hand) grab the lower end and have the magnet get a good grip. The double grip pose looks good too. The Jedi robe, while it looks more accurate and of better quality than that awful one from the Epi 1 accessory sets is too hard and looks like it was ironed with starch. The Pilot head actually looks good and I dont know why but I like it better than the CC Obi Wan one, still after I get my extra Obi Wans from Kebco Ill end up customizing one of them just for the hell of it.

8.5/10 Overall a good figure by my standards.

**Note to carded collectors**

I have heard a few reports of people who have ordered from Amazon and recieved some poor conditioned cards, not that I care cause Im a loose collector, but to my surprise the Obi Wan arrived in almost perfect condition, no veins, no dents on the card or bubble. Hell it looked so cool I even thought of leaving him in the card but my will is too weak and I opened him.

Paul755
06-22-2002, 11:32 AM
Does yours Lean too the right at the Waist?

jrviking07
06-22-2002, 12:32 PM
I tried it on a mace windu genosision rescue but that figure is the crapiest figure out of the whole line.

Forhekset
06-22-2002, 01:05 PM
I still think he's a poor figure, but next week at work (where I have the majority of my figs) I guess I'll play around with him some more and see if I can get him to look decent holding the sabre with both hands, before I go body-swapping. I'd rather use my spare parts for customizing another figure, but if I have to use them on this figure so be it.