PDA

View Full Version : Classic Cantina Wal*Mart Exclusives!

Tycho
06-21-2002, 05:41 AM
Well, it looks like these are no longer rumors!

I don't get it though. I've seen the pictures and the back of the cards say #1/3 #2 /3 or #3/3 yet it's been reported that these figures will include the preying mantis Klitak'Kleed or however it's spelled.

If each figure comes with a section of the cantina bar, why would only 1 of them also include Klitak'Kleed?

If you look at the picture of the bar, it is clearly 3 sections you put together. So each figure would have 1/3 of the parts to it. There's no room for another figure.

And Klitak better be a figure and not a prop! The Geonosian that comes with Deluxe Anakin comes to mind and while it's fun to have a slicer'dicer figure, Klitak should have holes on the bottom of her (his?) feet and be fully poseable.

That being said, and noting the bar is straight but in the movie we know it must be curved, will there be 3 to 4 more sections of the bar released? and to a different retailer? Otherwise wouldn't Wal*Mart's product say # 1 of 7?

So who was against the bar besides these guys? (and actually Greedo and Hammerhead weren't).

So they could do Klitak as well as the Tonnika Sisters, Dannik Jericho, and a Saurin. These aliens were against the bar. Furthermore, Bom Vimdim and Hem Dazon, as well as the Givin (Scream) alien, and a Gotal would all be way too awesome!

Oh, note Ponda Baba's knees are poseable and his arm removeable!

Greedo is the same as the CommTech it seems.

Momaw might be the same as previously, without his over-cloak they gave the carded figure.

I plan to get these to use as Senators in my E2 scenes, but use the bar to build Dexter's Diner!

How about that?

Tycho
06-21-2002, 05:50 AM
1 more thing to note: Ponda Baba's bending knees are because of those being the POTJ Fleet Trooper's legs!!!

Possibly. I haven't got my RFT out to compare them at the moment.

The arm is not Anakin's or Zam's. So that part is an original sculpt for Mr. Ponda, so it would seem.

These are ways for Hasbro to empty its overstock of old characters.

I can't wait to see what they dream up for the Deluxe Mon Mothma or the Ultimate JarJar :rolleyes:

But at least new collectors who never got them before can get them more easily now (supposedly...recall these are exclusives).

And also, those who are not into dioramas should be (in Hasbro's mind) more inclined to collect a set to open and build a bar diorama with these new bar pieces.

Anyway, until I see Klitak Keed or whatever, I think Djas Puhr was the most exciting news for the Mos Eisley Cantina in a while.

One last thought: I could see them packaging the bartender with one of these sets in the near future as well. Probably the curve to the bar so you HAVE TO buy it... :rolleyes:

Overall though, I'm really excited they decided to focus on the cantina again!

jobi
06-21-2002, 06:30 AM
Where ars these pictures?????

Tycho
06-21-2002, 07:17 AM
I'm sure Steve will get them up shortly.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 08:33 AM
Well great, I'm glad that I've been buying up the old POTF2 versions of the Cantina aliens I need, and now they're going to re-release them. :rolleyes:

I want to see pics!

Rogue II
06-21-2002, 09:26 AM
I saw the pics. The bar and the figures look ok, but it has the cheesy cardboard background for behind the bar.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 10:02 AM
I just checked out the pics at Rebelscum....looks pretty cool. Oh well, I guess I'll buy 'em anyway (if I can find them - stupid exclusives), even though I already have all those figures....at least Ponda has a removable arm now (but will it have a bloody stump??).

Old Fossil
06-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Yeah, any focus on ANH-based toys is welcome news to me! I've already got, like, three Greedo's and two or three Ponda's and at least two Hammerheads, but these sets look too cool to pass up. Hopefully there'll be a way to work them into our existing cardboard Cantina dioramas.

Eagle-eyes there, Tycho! I think you may be right regarding Ponda Baba's legs. Gonna check that now...

mrmiller
06-21-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
....at least Ponda has a removable arm now (but will it have a bloody stump??).

Sure it will, and 2 or 3 other variations. Whoo, scalpers everywhere rejoyce while us collectors can cringe. :(

=MATT=

Mandalorian Candidat
06-21-2002, 11:16 AM
How cool is this! I can't wait to make a diorama with my other cantina figs. Then when the concept stormie's released I'll use him to hassle the other figures in the bar. :D

Old Fossil
06-21-2002, 11:19 AM
If my eyes do not deceive, looks like they're the old Ponda legs, black jackboots and all, only with the knee articulation. RFT's pants are more... poofy.

brentfett
06-21-2002, 11:32 AM
Exclusive or not, this is re-sculpt CITY! The bar doesn't even look that great. If I see this on clearance MAYBE I 'll get it.

Lord Tenebrous
06-21-2002, 11:47 AM
I'm not paying $10 for Greedo, after I got the Commtech version for $1.97, and the only difference is the new Greedo's finger is part of the hand, instead of hanging out at an angle.

I like the POTF2 Momaw. This might be alright to give him a drinking buddy, but comparing the two, the new one looks detailed, but cheaper. Maybe it's the wash, but maybe I just like the skin color on the original better. And the pull-over vinyl clothing.

Ponda...is alright as well. Not great, but better than the others. Posable.

The background should have been in the bubble, because the glue and bubble are going to crease the cardstock, ruining your chance for a clean background.

The set piece is okay, it could have used a dirty deco to define the "hive of scum and villainy" that it serves. I was looking forward to Keed'kak, she's the only reason I was interested in the first place.

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 12:08 PM
These just don't do anything for me. So far I already have 2 versions of Pondad Baba, 2 versions of Greedo, and 1 version of Momar Nadon. Now take into account the fact that I don't actually LIKE any of those aliens, and it adds up to me pretty much leaving this set alone.:rolleyes:

The onyl thing that made me want these was the actual cantina bar accessories, but they aren't worth the money. I'm saving my dollars for the Target Accessory sets which I really want.

neimoidian85
06-21-2002, 01:18 PM
Oh great, 1997 figures with a chunk of bar.

Why couldn't Hasbro make one of the countless Cantina goers that hasn't been produced yet? These guys never were even on the bar, except for Ponda.

CrossWizard
06-21-2002, 02:27 PM
I have to agree with a few others on this thread, and say that the new Cantina w/ figure packs are dissapointing. You get 3 old figures, 3 of the same looking bar stool and a crappy backdrop that you have to cut from the back of the card, talk about lack of quality. Im sorry but the old Cantina cardboard diorama is still #1 in my opinion.

Tycho
06-21-2002, 02:31 PM
It seems to me to make a plastic bar, you would need 3 more straight-aways and one curved. In other words 4 more sets for a total of 7.

As to 4 other possible sets? - Hasbro could put Lak Sivrak, Labrina, Takeel, and Nabrum Leids all out in those. Again, Wuher is a good contender for getting rid of back stock. That's the way I'm seeing all the 3 3/4" exclusives anyway. Sure there are 15 more great choices for other aliens never-made-before. But we have about 18 guys now, 5 as recent releases (POTJ/Saga). I thik they want to also offer kids the chance to get the more prominant aliens that you see in the movie. (so these better ship in a good quantity!) Now maybe there's a retooled Evazan?

Muftak and Kabe will likely stay an exclusive set with Muftak being too large for this.

Beast
06-21-2002, 03:22 PM
Hmmm, I dunno. Looks pretty good to me. I like the new version of Ponda Baba especially. I definatly will be picking the 3 sets up. But I wonder what happened to Kitik Keed'kak. Is he gonna pack in with Greedo maybe? :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aikman
06-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Disappointing to say the least.
Resculpted figures that were pegwarmers as best.
As to 4 other possible sets? Not in this lifetime, these will be on clearance faster than you can say "what a lame exclusive".

Should have sold a real playset complete diorama instead of a weak cardboard cutout...

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

As to 4 other possible sets? - Hasbro could put Lak Sivrak, Labrina, Takeel, and Nabrum Leids all out in those.

Please, none of those unless they're GOOD, *COMPLETE* RESCULPTS. I just bought the frigging Cantina Aliens cinema scene for those last 3 guys, for crying out loud! I don't want them released yet AGAIN. It's bad enough I have to buy Ponda Baba, Greedo, and Momaw Nadon again, just to get the cool cantina parts....

Tycho
06-21-2002, 04:31 PM
Hey, I'm the first one to shout I want:

Hem Dazon (Arcona)
Feltripin Trevagg (Gotal)
Bom Vimdim (Advoze)
the Givin (Helkort or something like that)
Dannik Jericho
Brea Tonnika
Senni Tonnika
Dice Ebegon
Klitakkreed
a space astronaut dude (in white)
a Saurin
Myo
a Wraith (Defel)
Baniss Kreig (Duro # 2)

anything but these.

But if you look at the Target exclusives and the Wal*Mart ones we've been shown - they are ways to dump backstock (in a way) of stuff that's already been on the market pre-1999. Some are retooled a lot, like Ponda Baba there. So therefore they are full resculpts just about.

So if these figures are not intended to get rid of backstock, then they are so that Hasbro can sell more recognizeable figures, for those of you complaining that Momaw was a pegwarmer, then shouldn't a Saurin REALLY be? (I don't think so, but...) And so kids who are into it now can get figures.

We're bound to see a lot of rehashes. I just accept the reasons why and don't buy what I wasn't in the market for.

I mean, if you're a kid and you just started collecting today, where are you going to get a Luke Jedi figure from? That Hasbro is certain they are providing? (i.e. retailers, because you can't count on garage sales through scalpers to have this available).

The kids not going to get a carded tan-vest (or not tan-vest) out of the store. They're not going to get the theater edition, Rancor Deluxe Beast (which doesn't have a green saber) or the Complete Galaxy edition (at most retailers anyway). Good luck walking into Target and finding a skiff today :rolleyes:

So, rehases and resculpts are bound to occur. Why complain about it? Why sound negative on the hobby.

I prefer to sound positive and think, well, they've kept Greedo available one way or another, now there's that much less reason to do a cantina figure that is not one that they never made before: like Hem Dazon!:)

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 04:37 PM
Judging by the upclose picture of the bubble, it looks like there will only be one figure with the bar sets.

Ponda Baba's ok, but not very impressive. I now dispise the idea of another Greedo, I was hoping for a new neutral sculpt, not the "give me all your credits" sculpt.

Momaw Nadon is pretty boring too, the only difference is this time the main clothes are part of the torso and waist.

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Again, Wuher is a good contender for getting rid of back stock.

I'd love to see that but I doubt we will. Wuher is actually printed on Momaws background card.

Which is stupid because that makes it look pretty wierd for anyone who has a Wuher figure they want to use in a diorama. :(

The True Maul
06-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Jar Jar, Kitik Keed'kak will be out with them he just wasn't on the packaging. :cool:

Jargo
06-21-2002, 05:06 PM
Have to say that these are intended for thosse new to the collecting game. We might have had everything for years but there's plenty of folk new to collecting who might find getting hold of back stack quite hard. I think this is an equitable way for those new to collecting to begin amassing the cantina creatures.

That said, I like the new Momaw Nadon, they resculpted his lower body with a seperate skirt piece rather than just a solid plastic lump. His coloring is right on the button. Ponda with removable arm and bending knees is pretty cool but there are other characters I'd like to see get knees first. Greedo, well it's just Greedo really. But the bar sections are very cool.

But where the hell is KITIK KEED'KAK? She was the only one I was really looking forward to. maybe she'll come in a second wave of these things......

Beast
06-21-2002, 05:11 PM
I agree with Jargo, I like the new more movie correct Momaw Nadon, and the Ponda Baba is cool also. Greedo is pretty yawn inducing, since we got a new version of him in 1999. As for the other two, I like seeing kids able to pick them up. Remeber it was 1996-1997 that those 2 figures came out. That was around 5 years ago, and new collectors and kids are wanting to pick up some of the older figures. I'd rather Hasbro offered them retooled even as exclusives, then having people have to deal with Ebay or the Secondary Market for them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Have to say that these are intended for thosse new to the collecting game. We might have had everything for years but there's plenty of folk new to collecting who might find getting hold of back stack quite hard. I think this is an equitable way for those new to collecting to begin amassing the cantina creatures.

Exactly. I really don't have a problem with Hasbro resculpting characters, particularly figures that haven't been released in a while.

My only problem is that I never liked these three characters in the first place, but that's jsut a personal problem...:D

Tycho
06-21-2002, 05:26 PM
That's our biggest difference BigBarada. I think my love for this hobby lives in getting the strange background characters and droids and aliens so the heroes that I like (as you do) can move through these incredible environments I can create for them.

True - how much I loved getting the first 9 modern figures (all main characters with a great R2D2!) but my interest in this grew with especially the late '96 early '97 wave that first included most of these cantina aliens and figures like the Sandtrooper that's still one of my favorites because they never made him before.

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Well, there is one really good thing about these resculpts - they can't clog the pegs in every store when they begin to sit after peeps have got their fill of'em. :D

Beast
06-21-2002, 05:30 PM
These two figures would have been alot cooler though, since they are new and often requested figures around here. Someone over at the custom allience posted these last week. I really like the Bom Vimdin. The Myo is nice, but could be better. Come on Hasbro, make these 2 guys. :)

Myo (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/anh/myo6.jpg)

Bom Vimdin (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/anh/bom6.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
06-21-2002, 05:47 PM
So these ARE customs, right JarJar? I mean they look so Professional.

I don't go to customalliance enough to know if they post actualy product pics or only customs. So, yes I'm ignorant, naive, gullible, or whatever, but please answer the question :)

Beast
06-21-2002, 05:51 PM
It's customs, I saw them over at Rebelscum, but couldn't dig thru them on The Custom Alliance to actually find them there. Some of the customizers are really good at what they do. Hasbro should be knocking on their doors, with job offers. Here's what Rebelscum said about them. :)

Custom Alliance Cantina Concepts
Curto: Now that the Walmart exclusive cantina sets have been previewed (see below), check out these custom-designed sets that debuted last weekend as part of the "Daily Custom Updates" at The Custom Alliance. Perhaps if the official sets sell well enough, there might be a second series featuring all-new characters, such as Myo and Bom Vimdin shown above!

Update: Found the actual pictures of them loose and info about them at The Custom Allience. So here you go:

Bom Vimdin (http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/bom.asp)

Myo (http://www.thecustomalliance.com/curto/myo.asp)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
06-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Thanks JarJar! :)

Jargo
06-21-2002, 06:14 PM
Bom Vimdim, Hem Dazon, Myo, Feltipern Trevag, Dr. Evazan, Dannik Jerriko, Garouf Lafoe (the guy who snitches to the sandtroopers), Kitik Keed'kak.

That'd do for starters on new characters. The only resculpt being Dr. Evazan because the POTF2 version was very poor. If Hasbro gave a thought to anything seriously they could pack some of these other characters with cantina bar sections or even some of the speeders seen outside the cantina. I counted at least four speeders aside from Luke's. There's also the Jerba(Shyerba?) beast of burden tethered outside the cantina that could be done in a deluxe pack. Obviously these are things that Hasbro places a low priority on, but they're the items that usually sell better than the core characters. Weird background fillers. I always go for them first and pick up core characters last if at all.

boss nass
06-21-2002, 06:29 PM
Those customs are awsome Jar Jar!!!!It's a damm shame that Hasbro didn't pick these aliens to put on the shelves intstead of the 3 we are getting.I think i'm gonna pass on the first three but i may regret it if they come out with better characters and then i'll be missing some bar pieces oh well i'll take my chances and PASS!! NOW GET TO WORK HASBRO AND PUT OUT MYO AND BORM!!!!

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 06:37 PM
The problem for me, personally, with these is I'm sort of new to collecting too - but had I known these classic Cantina sets were going to come out, would I have just recently bought a POTF2 Ponda Baba and Greedo from a couple of fellow collectors (for pretty good prices, but that's beside the point)? No.

See, I'm going back and filling myself in on stuff I missed. Yeah, I know most kids and some other collectors aren't going to come to a forum like this and trade & buy, but I do, and now they're re-releasing POTF2 stuff slightly retooled with cool accessories (the accessories I like - I just don't really want those figures I already have). So it's like, should I just wait around forever for Hasbro to redo the character I want that only exist in POTF2 form? Or do I go back and buy old POTF2 stuff anyway?

Oh well. Maybe I can customize my duplicate figures into additional Cantina patrons....

Rogue II
06-21-2002, 07:26 PM
It seems to me to make a plastic bar, you would need 3 more straight-aways and one curved. In other words 4 more sets for a total of 7.

I think in order to do it right, they would have to produce it with 2 90 curved pieces. 1 curved piece would be too big to fit in the package. But then again, since we are talking about Hasbro, 1 piece would be too small to look right.

What I would like to see is a new Wuher with the center portion of the bar instead of using that cheesy carboard background. I don't think the commtech version was all that bad, but they could take the cup out of his hand and give him articulated wrists and elbows.

Tycho
06-21-2002, 11:28 PM
I want to respond to Forhekset:

It's really a tough call. I mean look at some figures:

PruneFace for example. Could Hasbro decide to make him come with part of the stepped seating from the briefing room on Home One and re-release Ackbar with a large holo Endor and Mon Mothma with an attachable Holo Death Star / Energy shield?

On one level, that would be cool. On another, there are like 75 good choices for Classic figures that were never made before, and only about 15 of them have to be from the Cantina. While talking about the Endor Briefing Scene, General Madine comes to mind of course.

For newbies, this is a great way to get Ackbar and Mothma. For us older collectors, we remember when these characters had trouble selling for $1.98! Now while I do build dioramas, buying figures repetatively is not appealing to me, personally. If Wuher came with the "U" for the cantina bar (or 50% of that "U" as Rogue suggested) I still don't need another figure of him.

I'll buy the 3 sets shown to repaint or reuse the bar sets as parts to a Dexter's Diner diorama, and use "an Ithorian Senator," an Aqualish traveling on a refugee ship, and "a Rodian street walker from Coruscant" in E2 scenes accordingly.

Now KlitakKleed is rumored to still be a 4th set because she's listed in Hasbro's upcoming products on their own site (I'm told - didn't go check for myself actually) so all this is possible. I'll buy her for my Mos Eisley Cantina and put her bar parts in my Dexter-Diner display.

But most of the original POTF2 has been resculpted for newer lines:

(the following have been re-done, or done too many times now)

Luke
Han
Vader
Chewie
Stormtrooper
Leia
C-3PO
R2D2
Obi-Wan

Lando Bespin
Boba Fett
Luke X-wing

TIE Pilot (offered in vehicles)
Yoda
Han Hoth and Luke Dagobah could be redone

Leia Boussh, Luke Jedi, Han Carbonite could all still be redone nicely

Death Star Gunner could be offered as a deluxe figure with cannon.
Sandtrooper
Greedo
Momaw Nadon (redone now)
Tusken Raider
Luke Stormtrooper (3-pack, Monopoly)
Jawa 2-pack (CommTech, Ronto)
I'd be in favor of an new R5-D4 resculpt if they re-used the mold to make other R5's

Bossk (hmmm. It's a good figure. Does he need re-doing?)
Luke Hoth (TaunTaun, Wampa)
21-B (was a peg-warmer. Be careful here)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (make the other ranks, scouts, flight techs, not a trench infantry resculpt!)
AT-ST Driver (people might want a new one. How about in an Imp personnel pack? w. Death Star Gunner?)

Emperor Palpatine (Final Jedi Duel, F/X, Flashback...)
Han Endor (get the new figure and buy the accessory pack)
Lando Skiff (doesn't need re-doing really. Maybe in a new Jabba guards 3-pack)
Bib Fortuna could go for a resculpt, but I don't "need" it personally - Bib could be included with a new Jabba.

Rebel Fleet Trooper

Ackbar?
ASP-7???
DENGAR NEEDS A RESCULPT AND A BACKPACK!
4-LOM was fine! A bounty hunter 3-pack? (4-LOM, Bossk, Zuckuss - the others came out in POTJ again: Fett 300, IG-88)

Tarkin - do we need another?
Ponda Baba (3 is plenty)
Weequay - A DIFFERENT WEEQUAY WOULD BE SWEET!
Garindan - nothing wrong with the first figure.

Han Bespin
Leia Slave
Snowtrooper (Deluxe)
Royal Guard (Saga)

Gamorrean Guard (this was a perfect figure many newbies are sorry they missed!)
Nien Numb - thanks but Numb-thankyou.
YakFace - sorry
Malakali - do the words "cruel and unusual" mean anything?
EV-9D9 - not necessary

Luke Ceremony - not really necessary. It was a bit scene. Besides, it will take years of advances in technology to make sure he's not going "duh....."

Leia Ewok Princess? -nah...
LANDO GENERAL COULD USE AN IMPROVED SCULPT
Endor Rebel Soldier (saga)
Luke Bespin (saga)

Lak Sivrak - will be hard for newbies to get
Wicket and Logray - (Leia Collection for Wicket, while I think other Ewoks not yet made are better choices).
Biggs Darklighter - removeable helmet? Maybe, if they use the head to make Biggs from the Lost Scenes at Anchorhead!

VADER REMOVEABLE HELMET could be even more incredible with today's technology.
Piett - ? Before Veers is even made? Nah...
ISHI TIBB - SHOULD BE DONE, BUT FROM MOS ESPA / JABBA'S!
Zuckuss was already discussed.

Luke, Leia, R2, C-3PO were all handled previously.

Ugnaughts? - in a citizen collection with The Ice Cream Maker Guy only!
8D8 - retool and make the other Jabba droid instead!

Death Star Trooper in the acc pack
Ree-Yees? NOT BEFORE SENATOR ASK AKKS or AKS MOE

Mon Mothma - see top of this post.
Prune Face- ditto
Lobot - Could be done with a new Ugnaught, the blue alien (possibly Snivvian) that blue Snaggletoothe may have been mistakenly believed to represent, and the Ice Cream Maker Guy.
Chewie in Chains? - nah. Just use chains from another figure.

THE EU FIGURES?
More EU needs to be done, rather than re-releasing previously made figures.

Mara could be resculpted, or a NJO figure of her could be made.

Kyle could be resculpted too.

Release the 4 Dark Empire figures in a set complete with the comic TPB for $39.99: you get the 6 books collected, plus Palpatine's Clone, Leia Solo Jedi, Luke Dark Jedi Master, and the Imperial Sentinel.

The Dark Trooper could be made in a different phase altogether.

The Space Trooper, Thrawn, and the original Mara could be sold for $34.99 with the Trade Paperback comic to Heir to the Empire.

But here, it would be nicer to have Karrde, a Noghri, Captain Palleon, and C'Boath, let alone Borssk Fey'lya and others instead.

Leia Hoth (Mynock Hunt, Bespin Escape is real close and real recent)
Death Star Droid - do a silver one already!
Pote Snitkin - folks will forget about him. It was a good figure, just more obscure than even I hunt for them!

And there's others that could be re-done for new collectors: Evazan, Uncle Owen, Han Stormtrooper, etc.

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 12:20 AM
I wonder if there is any chance of these pictures being proto versions, like when the first pictures were showing up of the POTJ B-wing, it showed the Rebel Pilots Y-wing Pilot as being packed with it.

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 12:37 AM
That's our biggest difference BigBarada. I think my love for this hobby lives in getting the strange background characters and droids and aliens so the heroes that I like (as you do) can move through these incredible environments I can create for them.

True - how much I loved getting the first 9 modern figures (all main characters with a great R2D2!) but my interest in this grew with especially the late '96 early '97 wave that first included most of these cantina aliens and figures like the Sandtrooper that's still one of my favorites because they never made him before.

But, but...I didn't say anything!:confused: Unless you mistook pthfndr89 for me.:sur:

Anyways, while I don't believe that every single movie extra in a slapped together costume deserves an action figure, I do really like these three Cantina aliens, mainly due to their connections with the vintage line.

However, it would be nice if someone posted some pictures of them since I can't get onto Rebelscum for some unknown reason. It's already taken the homepage ten minutes to load up on my computer and all I have right now is the logo.:frus:

Beast
06-22-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
But, but...I didn't say anything!:confused: Unless you mistook pthfndr89 for me.:sur:

Anyways, while I don't believe that every single movie extra in a slapped together costume deserves an action figure, I do really like these three Cantina aliens, mainly due to their connections with the vintage line.

However, it would be nice if someone posted some pictures of them since I can't get onto Rebelscum for some unknown reason. It's already taken the homepage ten minutes to load up on my computer and all I have right now is the logo.:frus:
Tycho has been sniffing his mouse droid alot, pay him no mind on the name mix up. I am posting the pictures to this thread, cause you asked BigB. Here's the first one, a picture of the front of the Momaw Nadon pack. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-22-2002, 12:42 AM
Here is the next one, a bubble close-up view of Momaw:

Beast
06-22-2002, 12:44 AM
And the next, a picture of the back of the card:

Beast
06-22-2002, 12:45 AM
And the last, a close-up of the 3 figures and sections put together:

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 12:47 AM
Nevermind, I finally got it to load up.

Hmmmm, Ponda looks okay and those do look like resculpted legs and not like they were taken from the POTJ RFT. I like this Hammerhead better than the POTF2 version (I'm so glad they did away with those stupid split-down-the-sides cloaks). Greedo's vest is actually the correct color for once, the only thing I didn't like about the CTC Greedo. Who knows? If I see these are Wal-Mart and I have the spare cash then I'll probably pick them up.

For those having trouble with RS like I was earlier, here is the shot of all three sets together.

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 12:48 AM
Arghhh! I hate slow modems!!:frus: Thanks anyway Jar Jar, I guess it's the thought that counts!:)

Beast
06-22-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Arghhh! I hate slow modems!!:frus: Thanks anyway Jar Jar, I guess it's the thought that counts!:)
No probs BigB, that is why I usually attach images here, of stuff that I find pictures of. Not only do people hate navigating away from the forums, but some of these sites take forever to load for some people. Besides, now they are here for someone else to look at. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
06-22-2002, 01:16 AM
Sorry if I mistook you and Pthfinder's comments, BigBarada.

The same comment stands about me liking background characters, others preferring main ones.

No right or wrong in either opinion, just a statement reflecting the diversity in tastes that exists and is likely expressed to Hasbro about what they should "card" and what they shouldn't.

mark2d2
06-22-2002, 05:20 AM
These packs look great to me. Granted I am a Cantina fanatic and I do enjoy the tie these three have to the vintage line. But Dang! I really want these. The bar is so much cooler than I EVER thought it would be.

And am I the only one to notice the glasses! Finally! The Cantina creatures can tie one on in style. I seriously can't wait for these guys.

JediTricks
06-22-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by brentfett
Exclusive or not, this is re-sculpt CITY! The bar doesn't even look that great. If I see this on clearance MAYBE I 'll get it. INDEED! Yikes, is it "save the planet" day at Hasbro or what? First the recycled Luke and retooled Landspeeder, and now these 3. Even the bar piece appears to be totally generic, so we end up getting 3 recycled figures, 3 recycled bar pieces, a cardboard backdrop and some cups - I wish Hasbro had done better here. Heck, we've even had 2 different versions of Greedo and of Ponda already, and a picture of Wuher is permanently pointing on the left of the background, thus rendering any hope of putting Wuher back there useless (unless Chalmuns' has a pair of Wuhers back there).

These could have been done better, these could have come with another never-before-done figure like our giant mantis friend, these could been more exciting in so many ways... but apparently won't be. :cry:

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:59 AM
The Landspeeder is not retooled JT. You can tell it's a totally new sculpt. Just look at the seats themselves, and compare them to the seats on the POTF2 version. What do you expect them to do, make it not look like the Landspeeder, so they won't get accused of retooling? :rolleyes:

You are correct though, the figures are re-tooled. But they have been improved upon greatly. Ponda has been giving articulation so he can sit, and a removable arm. Momaw Nadon has lost that stupid looking coat piece, that the POTF2 figure had, not to mention he's actually the correct color now. And Greedo, while not my first choice, does finally have the correct color jacket. And remeber again, Momaw and Ponda were out 5 years ago. Not everyone has them. You don't like it, don't buy it. :)

I can't see how you can say the bar sections are recycled. Name me what toy they have appeared in before? They are new, and connect together to form a length of the bar. That is cool, and alot better then the cardboard playset. I don't like the idea that they stuck Wuher on the cardback either, but oh well. That is minor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
06-22-2002, 08:09 AM
I know what you're saying Tycho. And of course, I could just not buy these things if I don't want to. But the different sections of the Cantina are too cool to pass up, so I'll just have to customize the extra figures. :) Hopefully they'll produce more Cantina patrons that we haven't seen yet, and some of them could have pack-ins like a booth, a table with "lamp" effect in the middle, etc. to help you build the entire Cantina, not just the bar. I wish they would release Wuher again, actually (I still need him as you can see from my signature).

Although the fact that Wuher is in the picture on that cardboard background kind of says to me "we're not re-releasing him anytime soon". :(

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Looking at the pics again, it looks like Greedo could possible have elbow articulation, but that could just be lighting.

ishi tib
06-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Anybody notice how behind the Ponda Baba figure the base has pegs as though it should attach to more of the bar? It looks like we might get the whole bar (maybe they're just waiting to see how successful these do?). I'd like to see a Dr. Evazan resculpt, a Dannik Jerricho, a Saurin, Feltipern Trevagg, and Miyim Oonith. After that, I'd really be into Hasbro doing something like this for Jabba's palace; there's really not all that much left of note for the Cantina (I know there are some who would beg to differ, but let's be real--J'Quille, Elom, Ishi Tib and Gargan all had more screen time than Bom Vidim and some of these other cantina folks that we really don't ever really see)

WesleySr
06-22-2002, 04:10 PM
It is probably because they used the same piece of bar in all 3 sets. Anyways if they were testing these to see how they would do, I agree with everyone else. They should have gave us 3 new, never been released figures to make these things really sell.

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:45 PM
Pictures have surfaced of the Greedo set and the Ponda Baba set over at AmericanDreamComics. I will be attaching photos of them here, for convinence and for people with slow modems. There is also info about the Kitik Keed'Kak figure from Rebelscum. :)

Where's Kitik?
Mike: A follow-up to our earlier post on the Wal-Mart Cantina sets. We mentioned the mantis-like creature Kitik-Keed'kak (No. 32539/32541) as the fourth alien to be produced in the series. Kitik is planned on having her (yes...the bug is a female) own connecting section and there has been a bit of confusion since Momaw Nadon's cardback only lists three aliens. We'll make sure to follow up on this story once we get solid word on whether Hasbro still intends to release Kitik. Based on the tremendous response to the new sets and the opportunity to collect a newly sculpted alien, we'd say Hasbro and Wal-Mart should give the green light.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:47 PM
Here's the next, Greedo taking a load off and ordering a drink:

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:48 PM
And the next:

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:51 PM
Here's a better picture of Ponda's card, without Greedo in the way:

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Bubble Close up of Ponda, notice the card confirms his battle damage: :)

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:55 PM
And finally, a picture of the back of Ponda's Card:

mark2d2
06-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Wow! Great pics JarJar. I am totally jonesing for these sets now. I love how each appears to come with three glasses. And I think the figures are great. Ponda Boba will be beyond awesome. Sure, the others are very minor as far as improvements go --- but both figures were pretty well done anyway. And Greedo's vest alone makes it worth it for me. (He's my favorite alien anyway.) I can't wait to get these guys. Heck, I may have to buy five or so just to make a really cool L-O-N-G bar for all my cantina creatures.

Totally Cool. These can't come out fast enough!

Jargo
06-22-2002, 08:54 PM
Oh for a WAL*MART over here.......... :( maybe I'll pick them up from some online store or other. Should only cost an arm a leg and a kidney..... *sigh* (the other kidney to the one I'm selling with both my lungs to get the shuttle if it ever materialises).

I like Momaw Nadon the best. greedo and Ponda aren't that different but Momaw has a new body sculpt and skirt and the color is finally right on his skin. Plus I'm bigger on Ithorians than Aqualish or Rodians. The commtech version of Greedo does for me. And Ponda while having knees and a removable arm didn't actually sit at the bar, he stood there. Momaw and Greedo are the two who need the knees if you want to recreate the cantina faithfully. I could quite happily buy a ton of the Momaw Nadon set and start up a herd ship diorama with a load of houseplants as the backdrop. :happy: Actually that sounds like a wicked idea.

RooJay
06-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Is Hasbro...RETARDED?!! What are they thinking with these? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of getting pieces of the bar and the other accessories, but even I am going to have trouble trying to justify these characters again. They're not even officially resculpts; just the same figures I already have with maybe a couple new parts! I for one liked the last Momaw Nadon (split down the side cloak thing included! I've always liked those things.) and I can't really see as how I'm going to need another one! Ok, maybe for customizing, but I already have that Greedo AND that Ponda! Very, VERY disappointing. This is a movie year for cripes sake! Why would Hasbro have a problem offering us something new in these sets? Why are they trying to push re-issues on us now? If they want to re-issue some stuff, why not items we actually want like Han on a Taun Taun, Qui-Gon with the Eopie, Hoth Leia, Ree Yees, the AT-AT driver, and stuff like that? Normally I'm very supportive of Hasbro as most of you already know, but these sets have me feeling very disappointed! I had such high hopes for them originally.:rolleyes: :mad:

Croaker
06-23-2002, 08:30 AM
the bar pieces seem pretty good.
the new Snagletooth will be able to sit there (and bring his own glass!)
I agree that they could have chosen better characters. Why not Dr. Evizan instead of Pondo? (if they had to remake one). And Greedo? That the same CTC one, right?

I'll still get them, of course and I'll have to see how they fit in with the cardboard cantina. May require a bit of cutting...

squee666
06-23-2002, 03:35 PM
Did anone happen to notice that the background offered with the cantina packs is the same exact one from the cantina showdown three-pack? At least you wont have to use scotch tape to bind all three of the stupid backgrounds.

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by squee666
Did anone happen to notice that the background offered with the cantina packs is the same exact one from the cantina showdown three-pack? At least you wont have to use scotch tape to bind all three of the stupid backgrounds.
It's not exactly the same. As the one from the 3-pack is less detailed, doesn't feature Wuher, and shows the an hooded alien walking infront of the bar, and an alcove in the back.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

corporal AMF
06-26-2002, 07:55 PM
OH, surfing found the trhead!
sorry for my posts......should have paid more attention

Dar' Argol
06-26-2002, 09:40 PM
Oh for a WAL*MART over here.......... :( maybe I'll pick them up from some online store or other. Should only cost an arm a leg and a kidney..... *sigh* (the other kidney to the one I'm selling with both my lungs to get the shuttle if it ever materialises)..

Hey Jargo, why not try www.walmart.com ???? I'm sure you can get them through there and won't have to sell the other kidney;)

Beast
06-26-2002, 09:45 PM
Dar' Argol, I don't believe that Wal-Mart.Com has offered their past exclusives on their website. I know they didn't offer the Snowspeeder or TIE Bomber. I do believe that they did offer the 12" Luke w/ Yoda though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
06-26-2002, 10:04 PM
the only thing about what someone said to the "bloddy stump" is that you would have to open it in oreder to see if it was! hehe!
peace
hango

WesleySr
06-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Well, I have to say I am very dissappointed in HASBRO for this one, UNLESS they continue to make these sets to go all the way around and make a complete set. PLEASE GIVE US NEW UNRELEASED ALIENS. NO MORE RESCULPTS.

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 10:24 AM
UGH! looks awfully close to the POTF2 figures! I was hoping for new, unreleased cantina patron figures! WIll it be just as hard to find as the Tie bomber and snow speeder? I seriously hope not.

JangoFart
06-27-2002, 11:45 AM
I, for one, am excited about these new sets. Sure, the Wuher-in-the-pic idea was a stinker, but I dig the rest of it.

I think that each figure should have come with the entire pic, folded neatly behind the bubble. That way, there is no loss in continuity in the photo. But, maybe that's asking too much.

I think these will look good with the rest of my stuff in my home-office. Now to find a Protector or Star Case that'll fit 'em.....

J

Croaker
06-27-2002, 12:14 PM
To Dar' Argol and JarJar

I doubt that Walmart.com ships to england, even if they do offer their exclusive on their website.
(that's where Emp Jango lives)

Hell I'd imagine I'd have a hard time getting them to ship to Canada!

icatch9
06-27-2002, 01:17 PM
I too am disapointed to a point. As a Mos Eisly diorama man I'm excited about the bar, but the figurs are pathetic. They are resculps, and it seems that Hasbro has hopped on that train. It wasn't to long ago that these were clogging the pegs for $2.00. Heck I bought like 4 CT Greedos for $0.75 at a WM 2 summers ago. Anyway, we have to buy them or Hasbro won't make any more.

I realize that it's tons cheaper to rehash old figures than make new ones. Plus, it give all the newbies a chance to get these figures. This is after all the 25th anniversary of ANH, and those all came from ANH. Still, at least one totally new figure would have been cool.

Tycho
06-27-2002, 01:22 PM
You know, I want all the Cantina Aliens made, and Dadonna, Red Leader, some astromechs, R1-G4, the speeder buyer (Wioslea), and Captain Antilles, plus a silver Death Star Droid.

However, we've had how many "focus points" on ANH?

Flashback, E1's year of Classic CommTechs, and the 25th Anniversary 2-packs. That's all good and I liked these products.

But why not have a focus on ESB or ROTJ some more (with as much concentrated effort). I hope on the 25th Anniversary of these movies, 2005 for ESB, there will be as much of a big deal made about the later two classic movies.

Just a comment. I had to get that off my chest. Thanks.

brentfett
06-27-2002, 02:44 PM
The more I think about these figures the more I hate them. The bar is so-so, the figures SUCK. I just don't buy that thing with little -kids- getting- into -Star -Wars- needing -these -guys crap. Kids these days are practically born online, and they can get the POTF2 versions of these figures much cheaper on Ebay than they will when these things hit the shelves at Wal Mart.

pthfnder89
06-27-2002, 04:56 PM
Ok, now that I've seen pics of all three sets, I can express an informed opinion;

and that opinion is these sets are CRAP! :mad:

The Hammerhead and Greedo figures are mediocre at best, but I might have considered them. But the new Ponda Baba is horrible, even worse than the original from POTF2. Removable arm or not, his legs are bizarrely close together and his head sculpt looks very undetailed. And that to the fact that I wasn't a big fan of the character to begin with you have a loser.

I was pretty iffy on these before, but having seen them I know I'll leave them sitting on the pegs.:rolleyes:

jedi-cpa
06-27-2002, 04:58 PM
Does anyone else think that these really stink?

Did I need a fourth Walrussman?

A Fourth Greedo?

A third Hammerhead?

Seriously. Give me something new, these figs stink (not to mention the attention to detail doesn't seem to be there).

187-Maul
06-27-2002, 05:00 PM
I tink there has been a thread about this already but getting to the point, I'll maybe still buy them just for the cantina accessories

RooJay
06-27-2002, 05:17 PM
Resculpts?!! RESCULPTS?!!! A resculpt would at least be something. These things aren't even resculpts!!! These are repaints of figures that 99% of us already have, and most of us got for much cheaper than these are going for! Aside from a little retooling, these are the EXACT SAME FIGURES that we already have! Two of them we already have 2 versions of a piece! This is an outrage I tell ya! True, I could just not buy them, but we either support crap like this or never see anything like it again. Exactly what is Hasbro trying to accomplish here?! If they'd only offered just one new figure in the assortment we'd all be a lot more accepting, but THREE repaints?!! At how much apiece? Surely they must be joking!:frus:

El Chuxter
06-27-2002, 05:24 PM
There are still about forty million Ponda Babas languishing on shelves across the country for pennies on the dollar--kids should have no problem finding him. Momaw looks slightly different, but I don't see how he's necessary. And he's not much harder to find than Ponda. And Greedo. . . Greedo. . . why?

Jek Porky 2002
06-27-2002, 05:29 PM
I don't mind that this is the third or forth time we've had these figures because I didn't think the POTF versions, especially Momaw, werent very good and was hoping that we were going to be getting these, but I'm actually quite dissapointed they just look very Power Of The Force style and plain. Good idea though!

Rogue II
06-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Well, at least Pondo Baba's arm can get sliced off.

I just hope Hasbro puts out 5 more sections with 5 new cantina patrons to complete the bar. And to top it off, they could resculpt Wuher with articulated elbows with the center portion of the bar, complete with IG-88's head.

maulreborn
06-27-2002, 05:57 PM
WHAT HAPPENS WITH HASBRO?????? IGNORING PETITIONS FOR THEIR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER PONDA BABA, WE HAVE 2 YET
WE DONT NEED ANOTHER GREEDO, WE HAVE 2 YET
WE DONT NEED ANOTHER MOMAW NADOW, WE HAVE ONE YET

AND THEY D O N O T N E E D TO BE RE-SCULPTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT: MORE UNREALEASED ALIENS FROM CANTINA NOT ANOTHER UNNECESARY RE-SCUPTS OF THOSE CHARACTERS!!!

DEFINITIVELY, I WONT BUY THEM.

CANTINA BAR SETS SUUUUUUCKSS!!! HASBRO SSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!SSSS!!!!

jonboy
06-27-2002, 06:09 PM
Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Beast
06-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by maulreborn
WHAT HAPPENS WITH HASBRO?????? IGNORING PETITIONS FOR THEIR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER PONDA BABA, WE HAVE 2 YET
WE DONT NEED ANOTHER GREEDO, WE HAVE 2 YET
WE DONT NEED ANOTHER MOMAW NADOW, WE HAVE ONE YET

AND THEY D O N O T N E E D TO BE RE-SCULPTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT: MORE UNREALEASED ALIENS FROM CANTINA NOT ANOTHER UNNECESARY RE-SCUPTS OF THOSE CHARACTERS!!!

DEFINITIVELY, I WONT BUY THEM.

CANTINA BAR SETS SUUUUUUCKSS!!! HASBRO SSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!SSSS!!!!
1. Don't type in caps, it's annoying to read, and doesn't make your argument seem anymore valid. Especially when everything is you shouting the word sucks. :rolleyes:

2. You may not need another Ponda, Greedo, or Momaw Nadon, but not everyone is you. Alot of kids would like these, as well as many collectors.

3. Good, don't buy them. More for the people that actually want these. I know I will get them, because Ponda and Momaw are big improvements. And Greedo finally has the right color jacket.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

maulreborn
06-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

1. Don't type in caps, it's annoying to read, and doesn't make your argument seem anymore valid. Especially when everything is you shouting the word sucks. :rolleyes:

2. You may not need another Ponda, Greedo, or Momaw Nadon, but not everyone is you. Alot of kids would like these, as well as many collectors.

3. Good, don't buy them. More for the people that actually want these. I know I will get them, because Ponda and Momaw are big improvements. And Greedo finally has the right color jacket.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ooooh, I was waiting for your reply. Please , change your nickname to Hasbrodefenderforever and please , buy millions of cantina bar sets to make your dreams come true, I sense is very necesary for collectors like you. And finally, I beg you to read all the post: the mayority of them are agree with me. Hasbro must asemble the three cantina bar sets into his ***, this will be the right place for such kind of release.

Jargo
06-27-2002, 07:05 PM
I'm normally the one to sound off on resculpts and the like but I actually like these sets for some reason ( think I'm getting hormonal - that time of life 'the big change'....? ) and I especially like the fact that Momaw actually has an all new sculpt on his body and they added a soft plastic 'skirt' to the body. he's actually the right color. Ponda has knees and a removable arm. Greedo is a new paint application on his skin and the right color on his waistcoat. Cosmetic changes yes but I like them. And the cantina bar may not be the best it could have been but it's coming finally, can't tell you how relieved I am that I don't have to spend hours trying to sculpt the bar top from plastic card and modelling clay. I love the bar sections even though i don't recall seing stools at the bar in the movie. Each section you buy you get drinking cups for the other cantina aliens you already own. So these aren't brilliant but if you don't want them then tell your local walmart to package them up and send them to the UK as a gesture of goodwill. Seriously, I'd buy at least ten of the Momaw set and four of the Greedo set. Just two of the Ponda set though. :D
Why? I'm a crazy diorama building Brit that's why.

Now if they just do the same with the cantina band member I'd be really happy. :) re-release the cantina band member with knees so I can sit him at the Omni box I customised. Actually redo the cantina band member and leave off the stupid black cape thing. use the legs from the barquin D'an figure out of the Rebo band set. Other than that it'd be perfect. The band member head sculpt is spot on and the hands are great. Just need one with knees and an opportunity to get some outside of the fanclub and the scalper stores.

And definately release the planned Kitik Keed'Kak too that's a crime if you cancelled her. Or will she be packed on a card in a blister as a basic figure? hmmmm.......... interesting notion.

I'm attaching a comparison pic of the POTF2 Momaw and the new sculpt Saga momaw so you can see I'm not just talking out of the place the sun don't shine :D

Tycho
06-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Please discuss this respectfully.

Both of you are entitled to your opinions. (I'm discussing posts prior to Emperor Jargo's. His is fine.)

knock off any personal attacks. And finally you might want to appologize to each other if it is warranted.

I've only been skimming this topic.

I'm not thrilled about which figures were chosen, but more could be offered.

I will buy them because I can use them for the Senate aliens and the bar to make a Dexter's Diner playset.

1) Newer collectors who just got into this hobby still don't have a way to get the main recognizeable characters from the cantina, and Hasbro is a) offering that and b) finding a way to make a cheap buck.

2) No one here has to be either a) a completist, or b) quit collecting over something like these offerings, or EU figures, or whatever you might not want. Buy what you like.

If your hobby is collecting Star Wars, you must do it because you like some figures: Dexter Jettster was pretty cool, huh? And Jango Fett with a flamethrower, a lot of articulation and a removeable head was quite a revolutionary figure. If you like these but don't like the new Greedo, or even the carded Mace figure: don't buy it. Life is too wonderful to deny yourself things you like because you create rules for yourself to follow: like being a completist. If that was your hobby, change that aspect to it. You don't have to give up the hobby entirely and you'll actually enjoy it more while saving some money for things like the Shuttle that I know you'd probably like.

Hasbro is going to continue to resculpt.

I was a toddler when I saw ANH in the theater in 1977.

If my first theater experience was TPM in 1999 and I was say 4 years old when I got into it, I would be 7 years old now and quite capable of learning there were figures that got made that I don't have. I would NOT have:

C-3PO in gold (last one was coin figure in 1998, or Flashback - same year)
Han Hoth
Luke Dagobah
Han in Carbonite (frozen, not freed)
Leia Boussh
Luke Jedi (with a cape and half-way decent sculpt IF I got the skiff)
Death Star Gunner
Momaw Nadon
Luke Stormtrooper
R5D4
21-B
Bossk
Luke Hoth
ATST Driver
Emperor Palpatine (last one was Flashback 1998 I think)
Lando Skiff Guard (unless I made a clearance sale)
Bib Fortuna
ASP-7 Droid
Ackbar
Dengar
4-LOM

and the list of figures would continue until 1999.

My parents might not have bought them for me if I was not yet a fan (and they weren't) or if I might have swallowed them (age under 4).

So the resculpts do get folks figures that some cannot find. They don't have internet access, credit cards to order from Entertainment Earth, or whatever. Should they NEVER have a Momaw Nadon?

If you DO have one, should you HAVE to be a completist? Do you have to buy it?

Then just complain that you don't want it.

I WOULD PREFER OTHER CANTINA ALIENS MYSELF.

I can list them too:

Arcona
Gotal
Saurin
Givin
Anzati vampire
Tonnika Sisters
Advoze
Abyssin

etc. etc. etc.

Write Dear Hasbro and ask them to make these. But don't argue with someone that they are wrong to like, find use for, or defend the resculpts. I groan most of the time. The list of older figures I partially made above isn't really what I want to see. I don't need a Death Star Gunner or ATST driver, but some people do - and they might not even be so lucky as to be online. Or they might be put off by this forums thread and think they'd be yelled at for saying they need it.

If they are online, they should feel welcome because somebody here could probably hook them up with a '96 / '97 R5D4 or whatever they need.

But a kid will recognize that figure sooner than they would Bom Vimdim because R5 had a scene with Luke and Owen. So please ease up, and understand.

I myself do not care if they ever made another R5D4. I want a black R5, a red one, an orange one, and a yellow one and I don't want to mess up painting it myself. I bet a lot of you would disagree with me.

That's what we have here: freedom to voice different opinions.

Please respect that.

Beast
06-27-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by maulreborn
ooooh, I was waiting for your reply. Please , change your nickname to Hasbrodefenderforever and please , buy millions of cantina bar sets to make your dreams come true, I sense is very necesary for collectors like you. And finally, I beg you to read all the post: the mayority of them are agree with me. Hasbro must asemble the three cantina bar sets into his ***, this will be the right place for such kind of release.
I don't defend Hasbro on everything, but I think that alot of people would never be happy with anything Hasbro does. I won't buy millions, I'm not a scalper. I will be buying a set for myself, and If I see extras, I will pick them up at cost for anyone here that needs them, and actually wants them, like Emporer Jargo.

I did read all the posts, I wouldn't exactly say that a majority agree with you. Some have similar feelings to you, but not agree with you totally. Some people only like 1 or 2 of the figures, some like all three. Again, if you don't like it, don't buy it. But don't complain about people supporting Hasbro, if they like them. It's just a closed minded argument.

Besides, if they sell well, you are likely to see more sets, with all new charecters. And then everyone wins. And then what, maybe we'll see Jabba's Palace sets, etc. Seriously, just because hasbro re-sculpts and re-issues 2 figures that haven't been avaliable since 1997, isn't a reason to have a fit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
06-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Mark2d2 also approves of these sets. Jargo's ever-so-helpful posting of the picture made me even more excited for the Hammerhead figure than before. And also makes me think the hands might also have been slightly tweaked ---- they don't look quite so massive this time around. Is it just me or ar they slightly smaller? This would be a good thing.

Ponda has a removable arm . . . HELLO! This is totally cool. I am stoked about this guy more than I can say. Oh, yeah. And jointed knees . . . hey, I'm never one to complain about extra articulation.

Greedo not only has a properly colored vest, but the "joints" of his knees are no longer green little circles maring the yellow. Which has always irritated me about the otherwise perfect comtech figure.

I like the bar pieces. And the fact that we have glasses for our cantina patrons at long last is very cool indeed. I sure would love it if more were on the way . . .

Beast
06-27-2002, 08:18 PM
Maybe Tycho should consider posting a poll about this. Just a simple poll, asking whether or not you are planning to purchase these sets. I think it would be intresting, might show us how well recieved these sets are by the community as a whole. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
06-27-2002, 09:51 PM
I'll consider it. And when I have time, I'll count the number of different people interested in this topic.

On the backburner for polls I'd planned to do include topics such as:

Showing the classic movies in theaters again;

AOTC Obi-Wan and Anakin figures possible - as in what's demanded BEFORE the resculpts come out (such as rain fight Obi-Wan);

Padme figures possible: interest or not? Rebelscum did a poll for which one should be next. Let's add to that when Hasbro's watching and keep the demand high (for her 3 3/4" figures);

More Classic figures from Kenner not redone in the new line;

EU figures: is it time? Will it keep the license fresh past 2008? ;

and more ideas I've seen.

The better cantina poll I can think of is offering a list of the Gotal, Arcona, Advoze, Saurin, etc. and ask which one people want next.

Rather than a negative poll complaining about another Greedo, etc. that might show disinterest in the product, why not show interest in having Dannik Jericho being made because he won a poll?

That's my thoughts, but I'll try and please everyone as best as I can.

There's a thread for poll suggestions in the polls section of the forums. Hint: it's the only one without a poll attached and it's titled poll suggestions ;)

Dar' Argol
06-27-2002, 11:52 PM
This post has been merged into the other WM Cantina thread:)

RooJay
06-28-2002, 02:08 AM
Ok...I'm over my outrage.
I still think Hasbro seriously dropped the ball on this line though! Ahh...what could've been! Did anyone really believe that I woudn't end up buying these anyway? C'mon...Star Wars...toys...Hasbro! I'm a sucker. What can I say?

Thanks for posting the Momaw pic Jargo, but I still don't see that as an improvement. The original still is and has always been one of my favorites! The new one just looks like an unpainted test shot to my eyes. Don't care at all for the change in clothing either!

Beast
06-28-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
Thanks for posting the Momaw pic JJB, but I still don't see that as an improvement. The original still is and has always been one of my favorites! The new one just looks like an unpainted test shot to my eyes. Don't care at all for the change in clothing either!
Jargo was responsible for posting the figure comparison, so I can't take credit for that. But looking at this picture, proves that the POTF2's clothing sculpt was very inaccurate, and that the Saga sculpt, actually movie correct. Notice that Momow's outfit has a partial hood for the hump from his head, and that the front is also accurate. Not to mention the more correct coloring of his body, on the Saga version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
06-28-2002, 07:23 AM
Oops! Sorry for the confusion; that's what I meant! I just got my J's mixed up! I have fixed my mistake! Sorry I forot to give you the proper credit Jargo!:o

By the way JJB...I still don't see those supposed inaccuracies (skin coloration aside!). It just seems to me that the original kinda has his hood down!:D

El Chuxter
06-28-2002, 11:16 AM
Thanks for that scan, Jargo--I'd not realized the subtle differences in the two Momaws. And, after checking my Greedo last night, his vest (note: vest, not waistcoat :D:crazed:) is the wrong color.

So I guess they're improvements. Not the three I'd've picked, but I'll definitely be getting them.

pthfnder89
06-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
looking at this picture, proves that the POTF2's clothing sculpt was very inaccurate, and that the Saga sculpt, actually movie correct. Notice that Momow's outfit has a partial hood for the hump from his head, and that the front is also accurate. Not to mention the more correct coloring of his body, on the Saga version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I personally would wish that they would have given him a more detailed paint application, perhaps with a bit of weathering on his tunic. My problem with him is just that his sculpt is very drab and flat. I realize that part of this has to do with the source material (ie: the original costume) but it doesn't make him a very interesting toy for me.

One or two added joints also would have helped Momaw drastically IMHO. Just something to differentiate him a little more from the POTF2 version. As it stands now he is certainly more accurate, but no more intereting.:(

Ponda Baba has the same problems although at least he does have a few new features, with his jointed knees and removable arm. I actually would have liked this version of him if the overall sculpt wasn't so lackluster.

Jargo
06-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Yes, knees on cantina aliens is a must. Why Momaw don't have any is a mystery to me whaen they added them to Ponda. I just think it's a nice relief from millions of jedi figures even if we have seen these guys do their routine before. At least this time they got some new material for their act. :)

I definately want to se this extended to include some new characters as well though. Like I said already, Bom Vimdim, hem dazon, resculpted cantina band member, Feltipern Trevag, dannik Jerikko, Dr. Evazan, Hrchek Kal Fas, Kitik Keed'kak.
We know we aint getting the Tonnika sisters so that rules out that side of the bar but they could do Danz Borin and Leesub Sirin. Garouf Lafoe and yerka Mig. Not forgetting Rycar Ryjerd. Then there's Miiyoom Onith, Elis helrot, Trinto Duaba, Solomahal, Melas, Brainiac, Myo, Tzizvvt, Dice Ibegon.

And then there's this guy who I've wanted since I first saw his design even though he didn't make it into the movie. Just a cool non bipedal alien.

pthfnder89
06-28-2002, 02:45 PM

I definately want to se this extended to include some new characters as well though. Like I said already, Bom Vimdim, hem dazon, resculpted cantina band member, Feltipern Trevag, dannik Jerikko, Dr. Evazan, Hrchek Kal Fas, Kitik Keed'kak.
We know we aint getting the Tonnika sisters so that rules out that side of the bar but they could do Danz Borin and Leesub Sirin. Garouf Lafoe and yerka Mig. Not forgetting Rycar Ryjerd. Then there's Miiyoom Onith, Elis helrot, Trinto Duaba, Solomahal, Melas, Brainiac, Myo, Tzizvvt, Dice Ibegon.

And then there's this guy who I've wanted since I first saw his design even though he didn't make it into the movie. Just a cool non bipedal alien.

*bows down in awe at Jargos astounding ability to remember and spell all of those names* :D

Jargo
06-28-2002, 02:57 PM
It's a gift........ :rolleyes: :D

Rogue II
06-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Yes, knees on cantina aliens is a must. Why Momaw don't have any is a mystery to me whaen they added them to Ponda. I just think it's a nice relief from millions of jedi figures even if we have seen these guys do their routine before. At least this time they got some new material for their act. :)

The knees are very important. Take Djas Puhr for example. For the half second we saw him in ANH, he was sitting at the table drinking with his buds. Guess what, his figure can't bend his knees. I still like the figure, I just which he could have sit at the table. Well, at least Greedo and Pondo Baba can sit.

All of the Cantia figures should have knees since they were all sitting.

Beast
06-28-2002, 03:08 PM
I love that vegtable/squid alien Jargo. Since they didn't use him in the Cantina, I wish they would have used him as originally planned as one of the Bounty Hunters in ESB. Someone mentioned it before, that the costume/puppet wasn't ready for filming, so they just threw the Bossk costume together out of spare parts. Since Lucas is always reusing old designs, maybe we will finally see that Alien in Episode III. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
06-28-2002, 06:21 PM
The thing I love about the squid alien is how he's nonchalantly kickin' back and havin' a Bud :) how cool would that be on a blister card? tre cool, tre chic! Oh la la.....

Djas Puhr is a fantastic figure and I love him to bits. Right down to the detailing on his clothing, all tiny wrinkles that must have taken days to do. But he was sitting in the cantina and it wouldn't have hurt the sculpt to put knees on him. I mean really, did he have to have wrists over knees? The wisdom of some of these design decisions from Hasbro eludes me I'm afraid. But decisions are made and commited to plastic and there's not a lot we can do but keep asking them to put things like knees in.

I think one of the things that is frustrating is when a figure gets articualtion that doesn't need it. Take Padme Amidala Coruscant attack ( due out in August ) she has knees but doesn't need them. If the figures for the N1 starfighter needed knees then the Ric Olie episode one and Captain Typho figures would have had them. They don't so why does padme have them? Those knees belong on Djas Puhr really.

Obviously a figure like Jango should have knees so he can be posed in a sniper position or in flight. But if characters are sitting in their scenes in the movie then wouldn't it be cool to give the figure of the character the ability to sit? Ninety percent of characters in the cantina are sitting. All the reference shots from the movies have them sitting apart from the costume test shots where they're all standing. But surely the designers at hasbro have the books as source material too? Wouldn't they see that the characters sit and need knees?

Articulation over gimmicks, articulation over silly made up accessories like huge unweildly guns and stuff. The articulation is the best part of the figures and they need more.

Jargo
06-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Couldn't stick two pics in one post so here's the other one.... :)

RooJay
06-28-2002, 07:08 PM
Wow, that new Greedo does look a lot better! Amazing how much changing the color of his vest improves that figure!

If Hasbro is so insistent on producing figures with gimmicks why don't they use extra articulation as a gimmick? That's one we've all been begging of them for years! Look at Toybiz's new Spider-Man Classics and Marvel Legends lines; extra articulation has worked great as a gimmick for those toys! Not that I ever expect, or even want Star Wars figures to be that articulated, but you catch my drift!

LTBasker
06-28-2002, 11:15 PM
The Cantina set Ponda looks like he really has to go to the bathroom. :D

Greedo could've used some elbow articulation just to add to it.

Tycho
06-29-2002, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the images Emperor Jargo.

Greedo looks better, Ponda Baba looks worse, though admittedly, he has cool articulation for the removeable arm that he always should have.

Did I miss a Momaw comparison pic?

Beast
06-29-2002, 06:08 AM
Did I miss a Momaw comparison pic?
Yeah, Jargo posted it back as the last post on page 6. Here is a quick link, direct to the attachment. And to the picture of the actual beastie from the movie. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=120310

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=120693

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 01:06 PM
I never noticed the POTF2 Momaw was nekked from the waist down. He must know Ketwol...

Wish they would've released a new figure with 2 of those figures instead of all 3 of them at once so if the line were to die from those 3 not getting sold very well then we would've at least gotten one new figure. Arcona would've been good...

Jargo
06-29-2002, 07:05 PM
I just went and pre-ordered these from toypalace in germany. They had all three as a set or Momaw single and Ponda single but no Greedo single which indicates to me that the cases are going to be short of greedos. hmmmm, cool that I spotted this on the toypalace site and got in fast. I can shut up now and sit back and wait for them to arrive. :D So that's me sorted for the accesory pack exclusives and the cantina exclusives. Got a notify on the x-wing and landspeeder for when they come up available for order. I'm getting ahead of myself here and gonna mess up the finances for sure. Oh what the hell! :D :p

Rogue II
07-07-2002, 07:47 PM
I'm glad to see they are adding Dr. Evazan and Kitik Keed'kak. The news article said 3. I cant' wait to see what that one will be.

Beast
07-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I agree Rogue II. That's really great news, but I also wonder who the 3rd figure will be. I'm hoping for Hem Dazon, since there are alot of people asking for that one. Although I think they should put an obscure alien in the packs, cause Hem would sell well as a regular release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

WesleySr
07-07-2002, 08:03 PM
I just read the post about them adding Dr. Evazan and Kitik Keed'kak and all I can say is GREAT. I hope the 3rd set will be the Tonnika Sisters. (but I doubt it).

Jargo
07-07-2002, 08:19 PM
This is fantastic news! :D How cool is that? Cooler than cool. Dr' Evazan beter not be the POTF2 cinema scene one though. He needs to be a new sculpt to get him right. Especially the nose and the balding head. He could do with not being in that weird hundred meter dash pose too. God I hope they get him right.

Kitik is cool. Glad they didn't drop her but I kinda figured that they'd have done har as a single carded figure if they didn't do her with the bar section.

The third figure could be any one of over twenty cantina patrons. Let's hope they pick a good one and don'rt just stick with the re-issue trend. Greedo, Momaw and Ponda were cool as far as them being the three aliens from the cantina that were made in the vintage line but I think that's going far enough. New figures for the final three will be excellent. Now I just have to find a site offering a pre-order on the next three...... :rolleyes: :D

corporal AMF
07-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Well everyone that says those sets suck, now they do not.....new sculpts of dark figures are good news...Maybe there are 9 sets on the way.!!!

mrhat
07-07-2002, 09:59 PM
If I were a Hasbro employee (God willing one day I will) I would put out the first 3 sets as they are now, and if you notice on the end of #1 (forgot which one was that one) there is a connector, which would suggest more to come, now if They are releasing 3 more as Sir Steve Claims them to be, then maybe one will have the circular end and then the rest would complete the whole bar, which seems to be the plan, Only ONE problem the bar would be shoter on one end than the other so either correct one of the first ones to be a semi circle or release another figure in the second wave. HASBRO Please Listen to me and the others, and take out that crappy cardboard backdrops, and just spend more money on the plastic backdrop, or just make a centerpiece for it like you should... Just my 2 cents

corporal AMF
07-07-2002, 11:34 PM
Yes, the centerpiece is the key to the cantina (w/IG88 head), so if they release the last 3, we'll have 1 round piece & 8 sideparts.

Maybe with Hem Dazon, hrchek KalFass, and Leesub Sirlin

Why not an Obiwan resculpt?

mrhat
07-07-2002, 11:54 PM
We can only hope, we can only hope that Hasbro at least ties the WHOLE bar together, Hasbro if you really read this post, or any of these other posts, take heed to what we want!

Tycho
07-08-2002, 12:29 AM
I tried to SHOW HASBRO (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=122862) exactly what we want! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11347)

Well, my money on what they actually make is still on more resculpts. Kitik Keed Kak is probably the chase bait, so "you have to" collect the whole set.

A curve in that bar that would allow a center piece (with the drink brewers and taps) would need to be 2 curve segments large thus you'd get 2 pieces like ( and ) that connect to make a "U," so there should be 8 sets alltogether (or the 9th will be Wuher and come with the center piece).

Now resculpts they might do are:

Lak Sivrak (carded 1998)
Cantina Band Member (Fan Club mail-away 1997)
Nabrum Leids (cinema scene 1998)
Labrina (cinema scene 1998)
Takeel (least likely due to Zutton, cinema scene 1998)
Muftak (Hasbro mail-away 1998)
Cabe (Hasbro mail-away 1998)

Ones I think are less likely, as they are more recent and sometimes found in stores:

Duro (carded 2001)
Ketwol (carded 2001)
Zutton (carded 2001)
Bo Shek (carded 2002)
Dejas Puhr (carded 2002)

But if they looked at our site's poll asking which cantina alien the fans want next (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11347) (and Steve plans to ask them), then they will see that all of you want:

The Tonnika Sisters (most)

and

The Arcona: Hem Dazon (2nd most) by far.

Then it looks like it's

The Gotal: Feltipern Trevagg

and

The Anzati: Dannik Jerriko

see all their names with their pictures here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=122862)

But if you're young and collecting - or even new, a lot of the 1997 and 1998 stuff is hard to find now and ellusive unless you want to pay more than their old, regular retail price.

So I can see why Hasbro would do the resculpts too.

I don't plan to collect these just for the sake of collecting. I'll buy Kitik Keed Kak and anything that's a brand new character for sure. I built my own bar, so I don't need theirs for sure, but it is nice and if I can adapt it into a Dexter's Diner... again...there you go. Ithorians (Momaw), Rodians (Greedo), and Aqualish (Ponda) are all also aliens seen in the Galactic Senate, so their resculpts are useful for something.

An improved Evazan? Would be very nice for many of you. Me? I'm not going to replace my '97 in my scene. He's a part of collecting history to me now and my take on the bar scene is from Wuher's point of view - like YOU are the bartender looking out at your customers (scanning them for illegal blasters or droids no doubt!). So the bar naturally blocks Dr. Evazan from the waist down in my scene - plus he's in action attacking Obi-Wan, so it really doesn't matter to me. I like THAT figure still. (but yes, a new one could be even better).

So, I think there could be 6 more sets for a total of 9.

Greedo
Ponda
Momaw

Kitik
Evazan
Resculpt

Wuher
Resculpt
Resculpt

Is how I bet it plays, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

mrhat
07-08-2002, 12:35 AM
Well knowing Hasbro as we all do, the ones coming later will undoubtedly be the last pf these sets, but those last 3 might sneak by IF theses upcoming ones sell well, then that means we want them and then we get them, the whole Wuher with centerpiece is a nice thought but pretty grim from what i know hasbro for.

Beast
07-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Well, it seems like they are making Sir Steve keep the 3rd one secret for now, so it may be a new figure after all. I rather doubt that they would ask him to sit on the info for a couple days, if it wasn't somthing big. Maybe some 11th hour negotiations, may have made the Tonnika Sisters possible, and Hasbro wants to make sure its for sure, before they let him say anything. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
07-08-2002, 01:38 AM
What is it with the Tonnika Sisters?

Beast
07-08-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
What is it with the Tonnika Sisters?
What is it with the Tonnika Sisters? Do you mean why are they so popular, or why can't Hasbro make them? Well to answer the popularity question, they are unique looking female charecters from the Cantina Scene. Some of their popularity may also have to do with the fact, that we have been told making them was impossible.

As for why Hasbro can't make them. Supposedly, during filming for ANH Lucasfilm didn't get releases for most of the minor secondary charecters for their likenesses. There is no problem with most of them, because they were wearing masks that were property of Lucasfilm, and such. Wehn you get to human charecters, the problem of likeness comes into effect. Some people, like the person that played Wuher were cool, and didn't want an arm and a leg. Apperantly the ladies playing the Tonnika Sisters either want way to much money, or flat out refused allowing them to make figures of them.

A similar thing is happening with the McFarlane Movie Maniacs line. The want to do a figure of Raegun from the Excorcist, but Linda Blair is being difficult. Supposedly she wants over a million dollars, just for the rights to her likeness. It may be more, since I don't recall exactly how much was said, the last time it was mentioned. Basically they tried to talk her down to a realistic ammount, and she told them where they could go. :p :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
07-08-2002, 07:16 AM
The appeal of the Tonnika sisters lies in their figure huging outfits. For years they have been an alluring draw for fans of many ages. The fact that the EU paints them as gunslinging femme fatales too makes it even better. Just look how popular Aurra sing got just because she wore a figure hugging bodysuit, and she is butt ugly. The fact she carries guns and is supposedly lethal as a bounty hunter is what makes her exciting to many.
Dangerous women in figure hugging bodysuitsare gonna be more saleable than a woman in a nice dress or just a bad dress. If they put a tonnika sister and a new Amidala figure in the same wave the Amidala figure would get blown away and likely pegwarm.

I don't think the fact that Hasbro can't make them is the reason they are popular characters. However if hasbro have negotiated for the rights or found a way round the rights issue by putting new faces to them that would be fantastic news for the fans of the characters. I'm wondering if there's a similar rights issue with Alfie Curtis who played Dr. Evazan, perhaps that's why hasbro had to do such a bad job on the POTF2 figure of him. The face on Evazan is not Alfie Curtis. If Hasbro put out a new one I hope they change his head slightly so he looks more like the Dr. Evazan we know. But I will accept it if it's not the face of Alfie and I'll know that it's the rights thing that's the reason.

Convoluted paragraph eh? Just got out of bed, not thinking straight. :)

Perhaps the third set in the second wave of cantina sets is the one to have the curved section. Maybe Hasbro was taken by surprise at the poularity of this cantina set thing. Maybe wave two will have two sets with curved pieces and a deluxe set with the center bar drinks dispenser array? It's all guesses aint it. :)

Old Fossil
07-08-2002, 09:20 AM
Good work, Jargo!

brentfett
07-08-2002, 11:25 AM
So do all the pieces of the bar fit with one another? or do you have to place them in a specific "order"? Is there to be six of these things?

Rogue II
07-08-2002, 12:58 PM
We know that the first 3 sets form one side of the bar. Hopefully, Hasbro will produce enough sets to complete the entire U-shaped bar and the island in the middle for Wuher to make the drinks.

RooJay
07-09-2002, 08:26 AM
The announcement of three additional sets is good news indeed. However, think it's wise to understand that the Dr. Evazan figure will almost certainly be at least nearly the same figure that came with the Cinema Scene, and it's also highly likely, as Tycho has pointed out, that the third unannounced figure will probably also be a redeco of a figure we've already seen offered like Nabrun Leids or Labria.