PDA

View Full Version : Boxed Landspeeder Pictures...

GNT
06-21-2002, 07:05 AM
rebelscum (www.rebelscum.com) has just posted boxed pictures of the upcoming Toys 'r' Us exclusive set to be released in August,the Landspeeder features a hovering effect just like the 95 version one and comes with Luke Skywalker and gun thing.The retail price will be $19.99 (SKN# 560850) .

Here are the links to the pictures for your viewing Box Front (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/sagalandspeederbx_1.jpg) and Box Back (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/sagalandspeederbx_2.jpg)

Thought and Opinions?

gibbspaulus
06-21-2002, 08:41 AM
Well, I never got the re-issue and loved the original one I had as a kid o I'm happy. Is it the smae mould, or a new one? And the big question is why do we went another ANH Luke? How about a decent ben to go with it, or two SandPeople (which can then be used as EPII figs as well).

Oh well, the presentation is really nice and I WILL get it - and mustn't look a gift Luke in the mouth!

Rogue II
06-21-2002, 09:24 AM
It looks like a new mold to me. It looks longer and tthe windshield looks different than the POTF version.

JEDIpartner
06-21-2002, 10:01 AM
I was about to say the same thing. I don't think it is a repaint of an old sculpt. They removed the front "cargo" hatch and put in some sculpted detailing in the "pipes" and "wires" that are exposed. It looks like the Luke figure will have some REAL elbow articulation. I will probably get this one since I never got a Landspeeder as a kid.

Jonna
06-21-2002, 10:30 AM
It looks decent. I have been pondering getting an old Landspeeder for the past few weeks, but now I'll just wait for this one to come out.

InsaneJediGirl
06-21-2002, 10:31 AM
Looks pretty good to me.

I have the POTF landspeeder,but broke it three years ago during a "Tusken Raider Battle".:D Hopefully the seats will be large enough to fit the new and old figures in nicely.

Old Fossil
06-21-2002, 11:02 AM
This IS a new sculpt. The rear is extended so that DROIDS can fit on it like they should! No more Threepio hanging his butt off the back...

Mandalorian Candidat
06-21-2002, 11:27 AM
Ooh I'm so torn. This one looks so much better than the older one, but I just can't justify paying $20 for something I already have. I wish this wasn't an exclusive. I'd love to get one on clearance but they'll never last that long. :(

DeadEye
06-21-2002, 11:48 AM
The Luke is the same as the FlashBack version!

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
The Luke is the same as the FlashBack version!

Yup. It's hard to tell if he's exactly the same but his arms are definitely taken from the flashback Luke.

I think I'll definitely pick this one up. The paint job looks nice and I can use my old Landspeeder for customizing.

gibbspaulus- I know, it's too bad we get yet another Tatooine Luke, but since it IS Luke's Landspeeder they wouldn't pack it with a Ben or Sandperson figure. I'm just a little miffed that they didn't give us a proper Luke figure to go with it. They should have given him a fabric poncho.

On the other hand, this is on of the better Luke figures they've made over the years so I'm not too upset.

Obi-Don
06-21-2002, 01:11 PM
I like the look of it and might get one when it comes out. If our Wal-Mart has them. It does look longer than the one I have and a better paint job to.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-21-2002, 02:55 PM
O boy, another Luke.

mylow thehutt
06-21-2002, 03:37 PM
I thought he came with a poncho

BillyJAck
06-21-2002, 03:41 PM
well i don't give a rats butt about the luke that landspeeder is AWESOME i can't wait to get one..

billy

Beast
06-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Looks like the rumored poncho was a just that, a rumor. :( I love the new Landspeeder though. Finally more accurate in scale, and detailed. This is what they should have released in 1995, instead of a retooled version of the vintage one. To bad it's exclusive, but TRU seems to do pretty well with carrying decent numbers of their exclusives. Can't wait, hopefully the often rumored larger and more accurate TIE-Fighter will be in the cards for next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
06-21-2002, 03:59 PM
I don't know if TRU wants to see another Tatooine Luke, especially after a good number of them were invaded by pegs full of the CommTech version.

I would have really preferred a lower price and no pack-ins, or maybe a Tusken-damaged Threepio.

Or maybe not, that would be the third tortured Threepio out this year.

Beast
06-21-2002, 04:06 PM
I would have prefered a Obi-Wan Kenobi, with his lower robes and cloak being cloth. Since none of the current Obi-Wan's can ride in the Landspeeder with their cloak on, like he does in the movie. It's still a nice set though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-21-2002, 04:22 PM
I might get it. I have the POTF one, but I got it for 5 dollars, so I wouldn't mind paying full price for that one.

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 04:45 PM
It looks like the base of the original Vintage/POTF2 mold was used, like for the "hover" effect wheels, but it's alot more accurately sized and more stretched. Hopefully they also got the canopy the right size since the POTF2 one had a canopy that was shorter than the seats but in the movie the seats were obviously shorter.

As for the Obi-Wan, perhaps a POTF2 Obi-Wan with Jedi Starfighter Obi-Wan's cloak would be sufficient for the Landspeeder?

Hope they got the peg system on the back more accurately done so that an R2 and 3PO can hitch a ride on the back.

Jargo
06-21-2002, 05:13 PM
Me like, me want. Funky sexy speeder. Me buy. :happy:

mark2d2
06-22-2002, 05:29 AM
Oh No! They totally improved the mold and it looks totally cool!

Great. Just Great. Yet another ship for me to buy. Seriously, at twenty bucks this puppy will be impossible to pass up.

JediTricks
06-22-2002, 05:35 AM
NOOOOOOOO! I wanted one in scale, not simply a retooling of the original! :( Yes, it's longer and has more details on the hood and better paint, but the interior looks to be the same design as the original from '78. I so wanted one that was closer in scale, this one appears to be the SAME scale because it appears to be the SAME interior. When you put Luke in that thing, will he tower over the windshield? The pic on the back makes it look like this too.

Darn you Hasbro, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?

Beast
06-22-2002, 05:40 AM
I dunno JT, the more I look at it, the more it looks like it's close to the original interior, but there are signifigant changes. You can tell by the seats, they are different then the vintage and POTF2 Landspeeders. I guess we will have to wait until someplace gets loose pictures up, to know for sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
06-22-2002, 05:41 AM
Uh, sorry. For some reason this was a muliple post. Anyway, I agree with JarJar. The seats are definitely different. And the cockpit looks slightly "more detailed."

We'll just have to see.

But already I'm seriously thinking about picking this l'il puppy up. And I was all like, "Yeah, whatever. It'll be just like that last AT-ST exclusive. No changes . . ."

Okay, the Luke is lame. Can you imagine the reaction this would have generated had it come with that wierd big headed alien Luke pawns this speeder off to in Mos Eisley?

Still, between this and the "Cantina Packs" my interest in Star Wars toys is soaring once more. Go Hasbro!

Jargo
06-22-2002, 06:40 AM
Landspeeder landspeeder - so good he posted twice.....

Lovely paint job though.....

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Got that nice detailing and stuff right there then smackdab in the middle you see that huge ball lever. You think they could've at least redesigned the lever a little. :D

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 01:50 PM
Here's a crude mock up shot of the POTF2 and upcoming Saga speeders. Now these aren't in scale to each other and the resolution is kind of off; but it gives you an idea and shows that this new version is quite possibly and entirely new sculpt, including the seats; but not including that shifter knob.:)

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 01:52 PM
The new one looks like it had a black hole encounter when compared to the other one. :D

jjreason
06-22-2002, 10:15 PM
Looks good, I'm in. I even like the Luke figure even though he's in ample supply at my house. Should have had the poncho. Smart puppies, Hasbro. It looks like they've learned that including any old figure is going to put vehicle sales through the roof.

Beast
07-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Rebelscum has detailed loose pictures of the Landspeeder now. It looks really great, and I can't wait for this one to be released. There are way to many pictures to just attach them here, so you people with slow modems, I am sorry. I will post one image, and hopefully you can see them soon. Here are the links, so that you can check it out. :)

http://rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=9286

http://www.rebelscum.com/sagalandspeeder.asp

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

anarky
07-02-2002, 04:09 PM
can't wait--maybe i'll get it--or maybe i'll decide to cover my body in chum and go swimming in piranha-infested rivers--the choices are about equal

boring ship

already done--who cares if it's a new mold or not--and apparently the real attack of the clones is hasbro's tatooine lukes--we need a lot more stuff before these useless resculpts

Jargo
07-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Well I shall buy two. One to leave as is and one to customise into the green one from TPM Which was the ANH prop painted green anyway.

I love this. It's definately a completely new sculpt. Itutilises the same undercarriage gear from the vintage one but there was nothing wrong with that anyway. It utilises a similar cockpit but there are enough differences to say it's a new sculpt. The canopy bubble is new the thrusters are new, the front and rear of the speeder are new the hood has new detailing, there's the clip to hold the rifle on the drivers side and the steering wheel which is a vast improvement over the vintage one that had NONE. The little instrument panels on the dash are cool, the detailing behind the seats and even the retooling of the seats is cool. The accurate paint job is cool. The whole damn speeder is frickin' cool!

Luke sucks though. And they forgot to pack in the poncho and the panel fro the damaged thruster that the Tusken raider tosses from the speeder when Luke is unconscious. It would have been cool to get the panel so you could 'fix' the speeder. But that's a miner quibble when i love the product so much. When's it out again - August? Oh well, just a month........

Hey Hasbro, I'm, lovin' yer work, call me - we'll do lunch. Ya!....... :cool:

JON9000
07-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey Jar Jar, maybe you could take the robe off the POTF2 Obi wan and replace it with saga Obiwan pilot's cloth robe and fit it into the Landspeeder that way. I like this new Landspeeder and will pick it up even though I have the 1995 one.

Beast
07-02-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
Hey Jar Jar, maybe you could take the robe off the POTF2 Obi wan and replace it with saga Obiwan pilot's cloth robe and fit it into the Landspeeder that way. I like this new Landspeeder and will pick it up even though I have the 1995 one.
That's a possibility, though I really would like to see Hasbro make an Obi-Wan with the lower part of his robes being cloth so that he could sit. But until then, I may do that. Or I'll buy a POTJ old Obi-Wan and cut slits up the sides of the robes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-02-2002, 09:40 PM
I like the new Landspeeder better than the 95 version. I guess I'll buy the new one and customize my old one.

SNAYSON
07-03-2002, 12:08 AM
i like it alot! i can't wait to get one! much better than the original! now it looks more like the land speeder from the movie! wish they had used another figure. maybe the alein that bought luke's speeder? anyway, i definitly would get one when it comes out!

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

That's a possibility, though I really would like to see Hasbro make an Obi-Wan with the lower part of his robes being cloth so that he could sit. But until then, I may do that. Or I'll buy a POTJ old Obi-Wan and cut slits up the sides of the robes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nah, he'd still be too stiff to sit. i'd really like to get a fully softgoods Ben Kenobi but I guess it just isn't in the cards.:(

Other than the robe issue though I really like the POTJ Ben. He's actually the first ANH Obi Wan that I've ever liked (well, the flashback version was ok, but I still had a few problems with it) I would like to have seen a different figure with this Landspeeder though. :)

JediTricks
07-03-2002, 04:15 AM
I don't get this, Hasbro redesigns the exterior of the Landspeeder yet Luke is STILL sticking way out above the bubble. Is the interior hovering design THAT important that the ship can't be taller, can't be in scale? Oh well, I'll probably get this if I am faced with the opportunity because I like Luke's landspeeder in the film, but I think Hasbro could have done better.

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 10:14 AM
I don't see why they couldn't just put the wheels out like they did on the Flash Speeder. I like the wheels being able to go up, but when you only have 1 figure on there it leans due to the weak springs and when you get more figures on it, well the hovering effect is ugly from all the weight pushing down on it. They could reenforce the springs, but I doubt they will really enforce them anymore though.

Btw, I think the problem with the Luke is that they made the seats too thick, don't think that's really the "hovering" effect's fault, just they probably want the figures to be more out than in.

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I don't see why they couldn't just put the wheels out like they did on the Flash Speeder.

Exactly LTB. And it makes it easier to simply pop the wheels off like I did with the Flash Speeder.:)